Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: CAT TOYS | Female Mechanic Character Set | CT-007A, B, C

CAT TOYS | Female Mechanic Character Set | CT-007A, B, C

See subject.

Enjoy my fellow 1:6 collectors and stay articulated.

--

CT-007A | Yellow
    CT-007B | Black
    CT-007C | Camo

• Ball Cap
    • Belt w/ Tool Bags
    • Boots (Designed For Bare Feet)
    • Bra Bikini Top
    • Female Head Sculpt
    • Glasses
    • Gloved Hands X 1 Pair
    • Highly Detailed Jacket
    • Leg Straps X 2
    • Packaging
    • Panty
    • Shorts
    • Stockings
    • Tool Box w/ Tools

The body used is a PHICEN S09C.

The approximate release date is 3RD QTR 2017.

Check with your usual suspects (i.e. 1:6 retailers) for pre-ordering information and pricing.

--

Last edited by DeltaForceChung; 06-20-2017 at 18:07.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Re: CAT TOYS | Female Mechanic Character Set | CT-007A, B, C

Thanks DFC much easier to see. Will definitely get the yellow version and possibly the black set

Like the tool box and the HS, the rest is just for the pin up fans. The tools look very 1940's mind, no good for the garage .....

The sets look nice.

For some reason, I get the feeling they'll nicely complement the FGC EVOLUTION Combat Clothing Sets from last year.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

For me, it's the headsculpt that's a pass, too realistic and too much makeup. I think Super Duck SDH005B head works better, only the too narrow blue(actually better than the creepy olive colored) eyes is different than the game character, the hair seems too thin to be pulled into bangs though. :/ Hm, is it worth it buying this set, sell the HS, buy SD head & style the hair, then buy a body just to get a pretty close Cidney figure when there's a Play Arts Kai of her already announced? -_-a

Thanks for the repost Chung....Now the page can't be found in the original post.
    Strange but it's good to see the images coming up here now finally for everyone to enjoy.

SMcG
    Keep those customs coming!!!

The sets look pretty good, lots of kit bashing possibilities.

OH....Now I don't see the images posted on here now. Anyone else having the same issue with images not being shown?

Here they are again just in case.....You can check them out here as well
    CAT TOYS | Female Mechanic Character Set | CT-007A, B, C-22016a15a1d7f22edaa58816745a93af5f97238a-jpg

MORE PICS HERE

SMcG
    smcgcustoms.com
    Last edited by sithlordmacgyver; 06-19-2017 at 10:33.

I can't see any pics and the link doesn't have any either.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

You can go to my link I put to see all of them.....the "MORE PICS HERE" link in my previous post should work for everyone.

SMcG

Just saw the price for on Monkey Depot site. 109.99 . Going to pass due to financially this would be a bad buy for me. I have no use for the boots or the tool box. I would only use the hands if their is a pair for weapons, the head sculpt, the jacket, bikini top, Panties, and shorts. That is not worth 109.99 for me. Will look for parts loose....

The pricing is steep given FGC's previous offerings and it's going to likely turn collectors off.

This is what happens when FGC listens to one source and not necessarily others.

Some will buy it and some will pass.

The set would be OK with a MSRP of $89.99 to maybe $94.99, but OH, WELL . . . it's about greed and money while for collectors it's about value/worth for the $ for what is presented/provided. The higher cost of the set is obviously because of the toolbox w/ tools. If there is an upside, there will be those who'll just want to buy the toolbox w/ tools so for those who just want the head sculpt and/or outfit set, then loose parts is the way to go.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come pricing wise from FGC, but then again does it really matter? If FGC does increase their prices on future/new offerings, then some will simply stop buying their products due to the price and likely buy products from other competitors (i.e. the nature of the beast within the hobby) short of FGC producing something that is an absolute must buy/have.

Competition is good for the hobby regardless of sole distribution/exclusivity relationship, brand/dealer loyalty, etc. Buy from those who consistently proven their honesty, reliability, and service without coming off like they're doing you a favor along with self-serving actions.

Super Duck has two Harley Quinn inspired sets that I just pre-ordered, and a Chun-Li in black that I pre-ordered. Fire girl has these shortcuts similar to the magic cube summer military outfit, which I ordered six of. Surprised none of these are posted in our forum. I said this to say if I like it and the value is there I will buy. In this case although I love the outfit 109.99I IS TOO steep for what I would get and use. Flirty Girl should have of offered two versions of these, one with everything and one minus the tool box for those who do not want to pay for something they will never use.....oh well money saved

Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD

SMcG Customs has them listed for $84.99.

Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG-787 View Post
    SMcG Customs has them listed for $84.99.
    Thanks Baddog, that is around a twenty five dollars difference . Wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by masamune View Post
    Thanks Baddog, that is around a twenty five dollars difference . Wonder why?
    --

Because he exploits his special pricing relationship with FGC.

God forbid if they part ways with him like PHICEN did and we'll see another sob thread.

It's just business and that's the bottom line nowadays.

Its not necessarily about making the 1:6 hobby accessible and open to new brands and vendors, but more like what exclusivity and pricing will you give me to promote and sell your products?

If pic links are not working, I'll check when I get home.

I am not sure I want this at 89.99 considering the parts I will use. Again love the jacket and the top, which honestly I would be happy to get only those two items. Would love to see the head sculpt without the cap.

DFC SAYS
    Because he exploits his special pricing relationship with FGC.

God forbid if they part ways with him like PHICEN did and we'll see another sob thread.
    Everyone understands that we are talking about the "CAT TOYS™ Brand" product CT007 A,B,C.....and not a Flirty Girl Collectibles product. So please don't confuse the customers between these two brands.
    They are NOT one in the same so let's give those brands their due by not confusing them with another brand.

Chung you really need to let it go with your snarky remarks and keep it on topic....No one wants to hear any of your "Cryptic remarks" and whining.

If you would like to start another thread and discuss another issue, we can. I can title it "exploiting your online hobby friendship to get special pricing and make a few dollars while doing it."

NOW BACK ON TOPIC
    I am really baffled as to why the retail is so high at those places(well over $100 price point)......I can't speak on all stores behalf but some may feel they will make a few extra dollars on this one so the price is a little higher.
    Even when I calculate my shipping costs to get her from overseas, I still think $85 is right in the guidelines on preorder and normal retail should be about $90.
    To me $110 retail is absolutely crazy!!!! but I know some stores that have her listed now are buying from probably another wholesale location.

I would just say this to make it simple....buy it at wherever you can find the best promo price because. I am pretty certain you will see a few others offer her around the $85-$90 price point at a few other stores we all frequent.

ENJOY.....HAVE FUN.....THAT IS WHAT THE HOBBY IS MEANT FOR!!!

SMcG
    smcgcustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordmacgyver View Post
    DFC SAYS

Everyone understands that we are talking about the "CAT TOYS™ Brand" product CT007 A,B,C.....and not a Flirty Girl Collectibles product. So please don't confuse the customers between these two brands.
    They are NOT one in the same so let's give those brands their due by not confusing them with another brand.

Chung you really need to let it go with your snarky remarks and keep it on topic....No one wants to hear any of your "Cryptic remarks" and whining.

If you would like to start another thread and discuss another issue, we can. I can title it "exploiting your online hobby friendship to get special pricing and make a few dollars while doing it."

NOW BACK ON TOPIC
    I am really baffled as to why the retail is so high at those places(well over $100 price point)......I can't speak on all stores behalf but some may feel they will make a few extra dollars on this one so the price is a little higher.
    Even when I calculate my shipping costs to get her from overseas, I still think $85 is right in the guidelines on preorder and normal retail should be about $90.
    To me $110 retail is absolutely crazy!!!! but I know some stores that have her listed now are buying from probably another wholesale location.

I would just say this to make it simple....buy it at wherever you can find the best promo price because. I am pretty certain you will see a few others offer her around the $85-$90 price point at a few other stores we all frequent.

ENJOY.....HAVE FUN.....THAT IS WHAT THE HOBBY IS MEANT FOR!!!

SMcG
    smcgcustoms.com
    --

You know you hit a nerve when a reply is all in caps coming from him.

What is posted is nothing new and known by some.

It's as if the pot is calling the kettle black.

The bottom line is business when it comes to such things right, wrong, and indifferent.

The sets are nice. They truly are and those who want them will get them.

No Chung....you may think you know it all in the 1/6 hobby because you talk to a few people and "help" some other places with their online existences.
    That doesn't make you "all knowing" or an expert in any sense of the word. Not even close!!

Unless you get the real truth direct from the source, the value in that truth you claim to know means quite less when you get right down to it.

It still is only second hand knowledge.....any way you slice it.

Maybe I need to start that new thread and title it "exploiting your online hobby friendship to get special pricing and make a few dollars while doing it."
    I would happy to see you be the first to put your "knowledge" into it. I am sure other long time members would gladly share their stories.

SMcG

photo's don't work anymore
    the sets look great wish you did not need the headsculpt as well

Links for pictures corrected/edited.

Hopefully, all can see/view them now again.
    Last edited by DeltaForceChung; 06-20-2017 at 18:07.

Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD

Yep, I can see the photos again, at first I thought just another silly costumes set but I thought maybe she's not actually mechanic at all but an assassin dressed to look like a mechanic to get closer to her target while he is getting his car worked on & carries a pistol with silencer in her tool box?

Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG-787 View Post
    Yep, I can see the photos again, at first I thought just another silly costumes set but I thought maybe she's not actually mechanic at all but an assassin dressed to look like a mechanic to get closer to her target while he is getting his car worked on & carries a pistol with silencer in her tool box?
    --

She'll give you a lube job . . . a fatal one at that.

She'll check under the hood and make sure you're definitely under.

She'll crank the shaft alright . . . until it stalls permanently.

She make your rear end alignment is straightened . . . dead set.

She drain the life from your spark plugs.

She'll make sure your balance and rotation is buried six feet under.

PRICING UPDATE........
    I think you will start seeing her at a lower retail price at those places that have her at the $109.99 mark now and more into the $92.99 area.
    There are a few places that have her for a little less on "preorder special" but still at the $90 range after preorder.

I am torn because I like the clothing and head sculpt but also like the tool box for other uses. I am just not sure if I would want to buy them both right now in one full set.

Does anyone feel the same on this?
    Tool box only.....Clothing with head sculpt only.....Tool box only, Clothing only, head sculpt only....LOL

In a perfect world maybe all separate but then it wouldn't be a "character set" in their eyes.

Thoughts?

SMcG
    smcgcustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordmacgyver View Post
    PRICING UPDATE........
    I think you will start seeing her at a lower retail price at those places that have her at the $109.99 mark now and more into the $92.99 area.
    There are a few places that have her for a little less on "preorder special" but still at the $90 range after preorder.

I am torn because I like the clothing and head sculpt but also like the tool box for other uses. I am just not sure if I would want to buy them both right now in one full set.

Does anyone feel the same on this?
    Tool box only.....Clothing with head sculpt only.....Tool box only, Clothing only, head sculpt only....LOL

In a perfect world maybe all separate but then it wouldn't be a "character set" in their eyes.

Thoughts?

SMcG
    smcgcustoms.com

It would be nice if they offered the clothes in a set separate from the tool box, for those who have no use for it. Thus lowering the price to something more acceptable.

$85.00, which comes to about £65.00...

On top of postage and customs fees to me over here, this set, like so much else in the hobby these days, is out of my price range Im afraid. I shall pass.

I can see the pics now, cheers DFC! Nice authentic looking tool boxes and tool belts.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Due to pricing and I would be stuck with a lot of items that frankly I would never use going to pass. Will look for the yellow and the black jacket loose