Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567 ... LastLast

Thread: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit 16 Figures WIP Wraith Staff Build & Finished

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Painting Armour HS Grishna

Oh yes, I agree, well it bloody better at that price! LOL. But luckily all these figures don't need any chrome except maybe Eowyn's sword blade but I'm sure I can get by without it. The Mordor blades have a pitted rusty look too, infact I keep meaning to get some battery acid to treat my 1/1 Wraith and Witch King swords and daggers as they look too clean to me; treated my Uruk-hai sword and shield by pissing on them regularly and leaving them to the weather years ago!

URUK-HAI'S

WRAITH'S

WITCH KING'S

EOWYN'S
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Dressing Grishnakh

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    Cheers FB! "for mind"? sorry didn't get that bit mate.
    Sorry mate,may be an Aussie expression I'm not sure.But it just has the same meaning as something like"as far as I'm concerned"or "in my opinion."

Anyways,I reckon this is going to be one of your best Projects ever.You are pouring so much goodness into this piece.Good fun to be following this Thread.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Dressing Grishnakh

Quote Originally Posted by Efbee View Post
    Sorry mate,may be an Aussie expression I'm not sure.But it just has the same meaning as something like"as far as I'm concerned"or "in my opinion."

Anyways,I reckon this is going to be one of your best Projects ever.You are pouring so much goodness into this piece.Good fun to be following this Thread.
    Ah! Cheers for explaining that, a new one for me, never heard it before, normaly it's IMO etc.. LOL.
    Thanks for enjoying the project, looking at getting some more painting done in a bit.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Painting Armour HS Grishna

Just got the "serious face" Headplay hs, I'm sure I can get it to work with some major hacking around the face like getting rid of the massive forehead and the neck for a start. I'll try and get it to fit the sculpted wig that came with the rotocast version of Frodo.

That's a fivehead! I've been doing some hack and slash of my own today. Fitted new arms to my AT-ST pilots. Took ages to find a pilot figure that had the right gloves, then I had to buy 2 of the same figure as I couldn't find another with the same gloves. I was able to vary the poses a bit though so they will look right when inside the AT-ST. I'll prime them in a bit.

All good fun!

CHEERS!

What's a fivehead? A big forehead?

LOL! Yeah, 4head, 5head. Do you remember the guys from that Tefal ad? I nearly said that.

CHEERS!

Interesting result so far, still needs to be glued all together and the face needs to be squeezed a bit by stuffing the head or heat it up on a certain shape with hotglue then allowing it to cool clamped etc.. or just get the other cheaper head and try that one!

Nope grew up in Greece mate.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Frankenfrodo?..

Might have narrowed his head too much but looks way better in hand and quite frankly I've yet to see a decent Frodo hs, there's even this one that's just a repaint of the Asmus one and addition of real hair going for an insane $400!!! ....ing bonkers!! I don't even think it looks like him in the pics anyway:

THE REGULAR ASMUS FRODO AS IN NOT $400 FOR A TOUCH UP! AND LOOKS MUCH BETTER TO ME.

REAL FRODO ON LEFT BOX

GG STATUE AND BUST, NOT CHEAP AND NOT GOOD EITHER

Ah well just plodding along with my atempt for now, will probably try the 10gbp hs next week if I can't get this one to work, was always plan B anyway..

no eyebrows yet which doesn't help sell him at all!

really doesn't look this wierd in hand..

Done a black wash on Grishnakh's armour, highlights and sandles next...

Mmm, bit overzealous with the hack and slash there I think. The head profile is way off. I'd suggest buying 2 of each head, you know, just in case.

CHEERS!

Not worried about the profile as the moulded hair keeps that correct, what's underneath are just support armatures for the hair; it's the likeness that's a bitch to get.

Finished painting Grishnakh's armour by giving it some shiny high spots and then some rust where water would collect in the crevices, painted his metal plates on his tunic to match and the rear collar.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Finished Painting Armour.

Looking good.

CHEERS!

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Finished Painting Armour.

Done his lace up sandles with foot wrappings, tighten up like the real things (I assume) so I can now start mounting his leg armour to which I have attached metal pins to which his leather suspenders can now be attached to keep it all in place, at least that's what I think the leather straps are for.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Metal Pins & Sandals..

Nice job on those,

Got an F1 free weekend tomorrow so might make some progress.

CHEERS!

Trying to upload from phone as PC is screwed with virus, might have to reformat and loose all my 700GB! :'(

Marathon LOTR/Hobbit 16 Figures WIP Wraith Staff Build & Finished-dsc_6706-jpg

Marathon LOTR/Hobbit 16 Figures WIP Wraith Staff Build & Finished-dsc_6710-jpg

Marathon LOTR/Hobbit 16 Figures WIP Wraith Staff Build & Finished-dsc_6713-jpg

Marathon LOTR/Hobbit 16 Figures WIP Wraith Staff Build & Finished-dsc_6714-jpg

Marathon LOTR/Hobbit 16 Figures WIP Wraith Staff Build & Finished-dsc_6718-jpg

Dayum! That sucks!

Which antivirus were you using? I use Malwarebytes Anti Malware and Panda Protection and they both seem to do the job of keeping things clean. Are your pics stored where the virus is? I store mine on an external hard drive.

CHEERS!

Chop, try a complete roll-back of the PC.

*Unplug from internet.
    *Boot into "safe mode."
    *Roll the system back as far as you can. A month or so will be good if you can.
    *While system is still unplugged from net, see if you can boot it up into Windows.
    *If all looks normal again, reconnect to net and carry on.

I used to have to do that every so often when my kids used to use our main computer (before they got their own laptops). It always worked and I hope it might for you, too.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    Dayum! That sucks!

Which antivirus were you using? I use Malwarebytes Anti Malware and Panda Protection and they both seem to do the job of keeping things clean. Are your pics stored where the virus is? I store mine on an external hard drive.

CHEERS!
    Quote Originally Posted by dadrab View Post
    Chop, try a complete roll-back of the PC.

*Unplug from internet.
    *Boot into "safe mode."
    *Roll the system back as far as you can. A month or so will be good if you can.
    *While system is still unplugged from net, see if you can boot it up into Windows.
    *If all looks normal again, reconnect to net and carry on.

I used to have to do that every so often when my kids used to use our main computer (before they got their own laptops). It always worked and I hope it might for you, too.
    I use Avast primeraly for daily protection but run Malwarebytes and Spybot seek & Destroy too. This was a Trojan that pigybacked on another program update download, luckily squashed it finally, just took time to run all my programs to do it and yes system restore helped imensely dadrab! I just had trouble finding a restore point as I'd turned off auto restore point for some stupid reason! Anyway, all good knock on wood and didn't lose anything that I'm aware of as yet. Boy it's hammering it down outside!! Okay loads of pics to upload now:

COLLAR MADE OF A MIX OF CAST LATEX, RUBBER TUBE AND MANY BLACK WIRES TO HOLD IT'S SHAPE

Last edited by shovelchop81; 06-03-2017 at 09:34.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Fur Cloak, Tusks, Collar e

I'm not sure Avast is that highly rated. Panda is really good as it's mainly cloud based and not very memory hungry. It and Malwarebytes Pro have been all I've needed.

On the upside, the orks are coming along...

CHEERS!

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Fur Cloak, Tusks, Collar e

Well there's only one so far! LOL but thanks. I'm going to cut off those last bottom segments of armour on his legs as they are really restricting his posability and annoying me, I'll glue the cut off sections to his feet instead. Just started paint the teeth on his hs.

That should be fun. I always find a wash of Tamiya Smoke always makes mouth details pop. Employed to great effect on this Curse of the Werewolf bust:

Have fun!

CHEERS!

Nice! Using smokey ink too but this guy's teeth are a lot dirtier/yellower etc.. hard to photograph though. Been modding his fur cloak and doing weapon handles etc..

All looking good! Carry on!

CHEERS!

CHEERS!
    That's what she said...

Lowbrow, yes, but also right there in front of me.

Anywho, I agree - looks good, and more please
    "Itīs been a while since I done had me some roadkill in my belly" (SKETTI)

CHEERS!
    Thanks Roger!

Quote Originally Posted by renesw View Post
    That's what she said...

Lowbrow, yes, but also right there in front of me.

Anywho, I agree - looks good, and more please
    Good to se you back renesew!

Grishnakh's all finished now, might make him a secondary weapon, a throwing axe or hatchet later on. Initial pics just show how I attached the the tusks and the cloak to the body plus the scimitar hilt/grip, oh and a new neck I made from some red rubber and a broken hand peg since his head was having clearance issues with the high collar (now it's ball joint, neck stem, ball joint, rubber, ball joint, head). Some pics towards the end are in just natural light to show the hair and overall colours better.

Last edited by shovelchop81; 06-05-2017 at 00:12.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Grishnakh Finished! YAY..

Huh...300ish views and no comments? Does everyone think this is just a modded Asmus figure or something? Perhaps they don't like him? I think he looks great! Might need to faff with his hair some more and shorten the tail on his cloak, even lighten his eye sockets a bit but that's just me nitpicking..

Repainted his face a bit, eye sockets lips etc.. and redone his hair glueing on loose hair to cover the seam and extend the hairline further, I also threw in a bit of off-white/grey/yellow paint, fussed with it and gave a trim. Repainted his neck too. All drying now.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Grishnakh Finished! YAY..

Looks good to me! I was watching the Manchester gig last night.

CHEERS!