Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 1213

Thread: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit 16 Figures WIP Wraith Staff Build & Finished

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit 16 Figures WIP Grecoroman Wraith Finished 99

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    I know, I mean, what comeback do you have if you have no reference logged with the people that sent it!?

CHEERS!
    If the seller plays dumb, just contact ebay customer service 08003583229, ebay resolution centre 08003586551, doubt you'll need it ebay police 02086053028. paypal 08003587911.

Quote Originally Posted by Efbee View Post
    That Wraith turned out brilliant mate.Clever design as always and I could easily see him in Middle Earth causing mayhem.
    Cheers FB! Just got his mates and boss to do...
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

I'll give them a bit more time, if I've heard nothing by midweek I'll contact them again. I'll take it further after that if needs be.

CHEERS!

Such killer work...

I live vicariously by reading your threads.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by dadrab View Post
    Such killer work...

I live vicariously by reading your threads.
    Cheers dadrab! I thought that was Roger's line (the vicariously bit)

Working on what I said needed doing, got all the silver armour to match now but also need to do another wash of black ink. Made the second neck joint with hours of filing as my dremel part hasn't arrived yet, then lots more hand cutting etc.. on the "hs" to fit the joint and glue it carefully with some black plastic rolled up on top to keep it under pressure; quite an emotive head now. Finishing/starting the staff weapon by adding soft foam to the spikes to create the mace head without adding weight, hardening it with coats of PVA glue; created sharp blade edges on part of the bass body so it will be a bladed glaive on the other end of the staff which itself will be made from one of a few large wooden souvlaki sticks I brought back from Greece for making 1/6 spears etc..

pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Mighty fine looking weapon you're crafting there. My scratchbuilding skills only really got as far as teeth. I'd buy a lot of creatures and they'd always have badly cast teeth, so I'd make new ones from Milliput. I'd make each individual tooth, leave them to set and then I'd put more Milliput in the mouth where I'd want the gums to be and then I'd press the teeth into them. Same with claws too actually, sometimes I'd have to make new fingertips to take the new claws.

CHEERS!

PS (The guy with the brushes got back to me, he's sending me a return posting label so I can send back the thermometer and he will send the brushes. Let's hope they get it right this time!)

Good luck with the brushes!

Got lazy and tried hotglue instead of miliput, bad idea! Had to rip it off and start again with miliput . Redone all the armour in a black wash again. Also working on some IM accessories that you might spot in the pics...

I don't get it! I keep the camera on manual, get it perfectly in focus, touch the the shutter sensor but then the camera decides it doesn't like it and changes the focus just before it takes the bloody picture! Does this all the bloody time too! It's not like I move or anything.

Thinking of putting a flaming Sauron eye in each of the round parts on his armour (shoulders, chest and kilt area), what do you think, cool or too much?

Nah, keep it as is, this is LOTR not Soul Calibur. He looks great!

CHEERS!

Nah, keep it as is, this is LOTR not Soul Calibur. He looks great!

CHEERS!
    I had to google what that is! lol. Not that different in this instance...

Sanded the miliput down, now have to drill out the socket add the wooden souvlaki stick, decorative bits that need to be drilled and the bottom blade etc.. then paint and pleather.

I'll keep the eye idea on the back burner for now and see if it can tie in with the other wraiths I build first, I know it will with my version of Sauron... I want to display them all as a set.

All looking good so far.

CHEERS!

All looking good so far.

CHEERS!
    Thanks Roger!

I seem to have put in a lot more work devoted to the staff than expected, not because I felt I had to but because I really like it; still want to add either pleather or black cord hand grips and highlight the edges of the blades. I'm going to start a separate thread for him showing finished outdoor pics that I've done already as I got him in a great pose imitating the mini statue that inspired his build. I had to drill out the metal beads to fit, added more miliput to the mace end to enhance the shape the sanded and filed it into sharp edges, once painted I got a nice Damascus steel effect (steel patterned by multiple layers hand forged together) on it.

Ooops, snapped off at the narrowest part

Redrilled it, fine now.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit 16 Figures WIP Wraith Staff Build & Finished

No harm in taking pride in your work and going that extra mile.

CHEERS!

No harm in taking pride in your work and going that extra mile.

CHEERS!
    Never thought there was

Have you checked out the new pics on the other wraith thread of mine? There's an "interesting discussion" too...FFS...there's always one smartarse out there....just glad there are fewer of them on this forum (fingers crossed). Done the final touches to this Wraith and thought I'd plonk the WIP pics here...obviously..

The Hobbit Greco-Roman Wraith From The Don Guldur Battle Last Bits Done New Pics

I think he is one of your best.

CHEERS!

I think he is one of your best.

CHEERS!
    Thanks Roger! Means a lot especially after some guy with 300 posts decides it's all wrong! Feel better about doing the next one now, it'll be what I call the Minotaur Wraith! Rumours are that it was played by Peter Jackson himself as one of little cameos he likes to do, in LOTR it was as a Pirate in ROTK.

"I’d venture to say that the Lord of the Rings was THE film series of the 2000s. Each film was great and the finale, The Return of the Kings, was breathtaking. But did you know that the director of these films, Peter Jackson, not only directed them but appeared in the films in cameo roles?

He’s actually in all three films, and you probably wouldn’t have noticed him at all. Here’s regular Peter Jackson, during the filming of the trilogy:

Now here’s him in The Fellowship of the Ring. He’s a soaked dude in Bree. The hobbits are looking for the Prancing Pony and he walks by. He was supposed to be smoking a pipe, but Jackson was feeling sick so he opted for a carrot. Nice choice.

In The Two Towers he’s a valiant soldier of Rohan, throwing a spear with some tenacity at Orcs assaulting Helm’s Deep. This is also how Jackson must have threatened grips and assistants who didn’t do their jobs.

And finally, in Return of the King, he’s a corsar on the ship that Aragorn stops. He even gets shot with an arrow from Legolas! Don’t mind the red arrow, that’s pointing at Director of Photography Andrew Lesnie.

"

"In this scene we see that Gandalf is injured and Galadriel comes to help him. Could he be dead? Will Galadriel be the one who saves him and brings him back to life? I guess we won't find out until the film comes out. We also see the Ringwraiths surrounding them in a circle but fortunately Elrond comes to save them. We even get a glimpse of Peter Jackson's cameo:

"

"s there a PJ cameo? Of course there must be: it’s as inevitable as death and taxes! In DOS it was the return of the carrot chewer in Bree. In AUJ he was a dwarf at the sack of Erebor.

But what will it be in the Battle of the Five Armies? Staffer Justin thinks it may be the one of the Nine Ringwraiths that we see in the big Dol Guldur confrontation who surround Galadriel and Gandalf. Specifically the one at far right with headgear similar to a jester’s — very similar to the disguise Jackson wore at Comic-Con in July.

"

Be an interesting bash.

Did you know that Toybiz released a figure of Peter Jackson as a Hobbit? I have one somewhere and it's quite a nice figure.

CHEERS!

Yeah, not sure if I picked him up or not, might be the one figure I'm missing from that line!