Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit 16 Figures WIP Rohirrim Wraith The Chosen Fur..It's Alive!

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 10 Figures WIP Toybiz Body Done

Yeah, never did know why Twix escaped. Those bodies do look good, very Dr Frankenstein!

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    Yeah, never did know why Twix escaped. Those bodies do look good, very Dr Frankenstein!

CHEERS!
    LOL, yeah I resisted putting bolts through their necks! Pippin's expression doesn't help, Merry's is well... not merry either, odd for a couple of stoners! I think Asmus thought everyone would pose them with their Grishnakh figure which would make sense of the faces but it would have been nice to have had another option especially for the price of the kits.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Added hotglue to conture the body properly just sliced the excess off. HT type female hand joints work perfectly on these bodies (after drilling out the original ones) and the Asmus hands fit great, sleeves are a bit fiddly on Pippin's coat and shirt due to their renaisance design. Think I'll trim that pipe a tad, make him a scarf, bag, cloak, Elven knife with belt etc.. on with the hobbit house of horrors!

Maybe just bend the pipe then:

My final armour parts arrived for the Wraith and Sauron builds, love that waist skirt armour!

The thigh armour x4 is actually metal and a bit heavy...

pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 10 Figures WIP Pippin Dressed

Top work, I love how you've marked Bilbo up just the way a surgeon would, very much reinforcing the Frankenstein vibe.

CHEERS!

Top work, I love how you've marked Bilbo up just the way a surgeon would, very much reinforcing the Frankenstein vibe.

CHEERS!
    LOL, yup, useful and entertaining! Been digging through bloody everything tyring to find the right bits and bobs, even unpacked my entire Toybiz 6" LOTR collection of figures (got every figure I know of) in a search for a pair of spare Legolas knives to use for Pippin and Merry. Got around 10 Legolas' all different versions save one I have a double of (slight different paint aps but same moulds) so I knicked his. Next was belts, bag posibilities, cloaks etc..oh and scarf stuff, got a plan for that, not just going to print a pattern out on fabric, I'll hand make one with tassles.

Oooh, a Vegas hobbit, sounds fun!

Yeah, I have a dig round my stuff sometimes. Was trying to find paints last week, some seldom used colours were stands for heads I was painting!

I think I've just about got every Star Wars colour matched now.

CHEERS!

Aw man, great progress!

Oooh, a Vegas hobbit, sounds fun!

Yeah, I have a dig round my stuff sometimes. Was trying to find paints last week, some seldom used colours were stands for heads I was painting!

I think I've just about got every Star Wars colour matched now.

CHEERS!
    Not nipple tassles!LOL. Yeah I've got every paint colour match too, it's called a paint pallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle Munkey View Post
    Aw man, great progress!
    Cheers PM!

More armour found while digging, probably be used mostly for the Uruk-Hai swordsman, more Sauron stuff found, more hobbit stuff found, well materials to make stuff anyway... Ordered another Toybiz Frodo for the body, can't be arsed to do the SSC body mods again, I'll use that body for my ever shrinking Niem Numb figure.

yet another super sweet thread Shovelchop !
    Following !!

Metal Predator wrist blades, that takes me back, I have a few knocking around somewhere. It's surprising what you find when you look, more often than not you don't find what you were actually looking for, but it's fun anyway.

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by apotheosis View Post
    yet another super sweet thread Shovelchop !
    Following !!
    Glad to have you onboard apotheosis!

Metal Predator wrist blades, that takes me back, I have a few knocking around somewhere. It's surprising what you find when you look, more often than not you don't find what you were actually looking for, but it's fun anyway.

CHEERS!
    Well got my stuff organized in a way I understand and can recognise, ie. blue bag is this, orange bag is that, labled tubs and tins, draws designated to body parts etc..

WHERE 90% OF THE WORK HAPPENS, USE THE MACHINE ROOM FOR GUNS ETC..

WHERE MY CURRENT PROJECTS' PARTS ARE KEPT CLOSE TO HAND:

WHERE MY "CRAP YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE AGES AGO" PROJECTS SEEM TO COLLECT:

SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE WORK AREA! LOL.

WHERE I KEEP SMALLER PARTS IN MULTITUDE SEPARATED BY DRAWS NEXT TO ME, FEET, HANDS, DECENT HEADS, BOOTS, HELMETS, MELLE WEAPONS..

IN MY STORAGE ROOM, AN ACTUAL OLD POST OFFICE!

JUNK DONOR BODIES:

DECENT BODIES:

COMPLETE HASBRO SW STUFF FOR CUSTOMS AND UPGRADES IF NEEDED:

1/6 ANIMALS, HISTORICAL PARTS UNDERNEATH:

BOXES OF SCIFI RELATED PARTS FOR MECHS, IM, SW ETC..

MY FOUNTAIN OF PLASTIC SCRAP COLLECTED FOR BUILDS...EVEN COLOUR ORGANIZED:

LARGE DRAWS FULL OF 1/6 CUSTOM PROJECTS READY TO GO/BE BUILT AS PARTS HAVE BEEN COLLECTED AND SORTED INTO SEPERATE BAGGIES THEN ASSIGNED TO EACH BUILD:

LOOKS LIKE A MESS BUT THIS IS WHERE I KEEP ALL THE CLOTHING ORGANISED INTO BAGGIES, SUITS, CAMO, LOTR, BLACK, WHITE, BLUE ETC.. LOADS OF BRAND PARTS IN THE TINS AND TUBS ORGANISED AS RIFLES, HARNESSES, RADIOS, MACHINEGUS, SWORDS ETC.. I HAVE LARGE BAG JUST FOR SCI-FI WEAPONS ALONE. ALSO I KEEP MY MATERIALS/FABRICS HERE, ORGANIZED INTO WHITES, BLACKS, REGULAR COLOURS AND UNUSUAL FABRICS. THE ODD OLD PROJECT IS BURRIED HERE TOO..

STAR WARS CLOTHING AND LAZY PROJECTS ALL IN THIS LARGE BOX, ROBES ARE 1/4 SCALE..

Well that's how I find my stuff anyway! Didn't cover 1/6 vehicles as they're just dotted everywhere!

I was about to ask where the heck you get all your parts from, and then you take us on a tour of your world - totally enjoyed it, really interesting.

I would love to kitbash/build more myself, but I have to buy items specifically for each project; its expensive and timeconsuming. So I'm wondering, based on what personal info you've let us in on in previous threads regarding your life/lifestyle/phobias, how do you manage to & afford to gather this amount of stuff?

If I'm getting to snoopy and personal, please ignore the latter part of this post
    "Itīs been a while since I done had me some roadkill in my belly" (SKETTI)

Chop, that's impressive. Invariably, the main thing you are searching for is always at the bottom of any pile. I have piles in the corner to my left, piles just behind me. Odds and sods in my wardrobe and in the unit of drawers under the bookshelf. There are also various things stored inside my bed and in the roof space behind it. Everything will be investigated when I'm getting ready to move and I'll make a note of interesting stuff and PM it to you when I'm ready to. Won't be for a while as yet though.

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by renesw View Post
    I was about to ask where the heck you get all your parts from, and then you take us on a tour of your world - totally enjoyed it, really interesting.

I would love to kitbash/build more myself, but I have to buy items specifically for each project; its expensive and timeconsuming. So I'm wondering, based on what personal info you've let us in on in previous threads regarding your life/lifestyle/phobias, how do you manage to & afford to gather this amount of stuff?

If I'm getting to snoopy and personal, please ignore the latter part of this post
    Not at all, well I don't blow all my cash on beer, motorcycles and women any more so that helps financially! The biggest factor is that I've been doing this a very long time and so have collected all kinds of random 1/6 related bits and bobs, either from bulk lot purchases going cheap on eBay (random Action Man/Gi Joe stuff for example), still have stuff left over from builds I didn't use or scrapped the build comepletely for some reason. The bigest section of my parts sourcing is using random stuff that most people would just throw away and often do, in fact a lot of the stuff I find litteraly down the street on the street! You won't believe what people throw away so that saves loads of cash to spend on things I'd rather not make from scratch like the armour I bought for this build, clothes and heads etc.. Making the hobbits from existing super cheap bodies has saved me 250gbp alone!

Chop, that's impressive. Invariably, the main thing you are searching for is always at the bottom of any pile. I have piles in the corner to my left, piles just behind me. Odds and sods in my wardrobe and in the unit of drawers under the bookshelf. There are also various things stored inside my bed and in the roof space behind it. Everything will be investigated when I'm getting ready to move and I'll make a note of interesting stuff and PM it to you when I'm ready to. Won't be for a while as yet though.

CHEERS!
    Good to know and yes no system is infalable especially when you find something you've been looking for and put it somewhere "safe"!

Yeah, went through that with Han's blaster! Drove me nuts trying to find that.

CHEERS!

Damn just lost everything I wrote... In short, not spending 200gbp on Grishnakh building him instead with in hand parts pictured below and some I just ordered, I would have made the leather and metal layered armour myself but there's just too much of it since it covers all his back too so broke down and bought it for a fair price loose. Using SSC's Buffy "Kindertodd" hs as a starting point, not a lot of work needed.

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 11 Figures WIP Grishnakh Added

He looks fun, if I'm doing anything long I usually type it all up in my word program, save it, then I copy and past it into the thread.

CHEERS!

He looks fun, if I'm doing anything long I usually type it all up in my word program, save it, then I copy and past it into the thread.

CHEERS!
    Yeah I usually copy and save it to my notepad before adding pics in case imigur freezes windows but I was experimenting with my new wireless programmable mouse, has 6 programmable buttons for everything except enter apparently (and that's all I wanted for posting pics faster) I thought shift might work on it but it went back a page instead! Arggh. Nearly finished Pippin's scarf and cut up another Toybiz hobbit body after having my computer apart three times to fix the DVD player to get the drivers and programming for the new mouse uploaded, fun, fun... came on a disk of course!
    Last edited by shovelchop81; 05-14-2017 at 13:35.

Scarf's done, might need a trim later, been looking at it too long to decide right now! Making belts and sheaths for the elven knives; cut Bilbo up too!

Trimmed and narrowed a bit too:

Definitely coming along,

If Imgur causes issues, why use it? As I keep having to say, Photobucket are 100% reliable, they do the job and anything stored is there permanently. I can go back to the oldest of my threads and all the pics are still there. As for mice, point, click and scroll are all they really need to do, anything else is extraneous and probably put there for hype purposes.

Carry on hacking and slashing!

CHEERS!

Definitely coming along,

If Imgur causes issues, why use it? As I keep having to say, Photobucket are 100% reliable, they do the job and anything stored is there permanently. I can go back to the oldest of my threads and all the pics are still there. As for mice, point, click and scroll are all they really need to do, anything else is extraneous and probably put there for hype purposes.

Carry on hacking and slashing!

CHEERS!
    PB was a nightmare for me, froze and crashed all the time when it even opened, you aren't uploading mass amounts of pics like I do, after the 3rd or 4th pic PB would start to slow down then freeze, Flicker was a bit better but Imgur is by far the best site, usually no problems unless the site gets overloaded once in a blue moon, I just back up long text due to habit because of my experiences with PB and Flicker.

Mmm, maybe. I can only go by personal experience and haven't had a single issue no matter what I've been doing. Perhaps upload in smaller chunks!?

CHEERS!

Mmm, maybe. I can only go by personal experience and haven't had a single issue no matter what I've been doing. Perhaps upload in smaller chunks!?

CHEERS!
    I'm talking about uploading to forums from the host site (PB etc..), when I upload from the PC I use the image resizer function for standard message board format 640x480 if I've used my 21mp camera function for finished work pics but usually just take WIP pics in VGA 4:3 so no need to change the size which makes for far faster and virtually unlimited pic uploading.

I resize all mine to that size anyway, and when uploading from PB to here I do it one by one by cutting and pasting the IMG links, never lets me down.

CHEERS!

I do virtually the same thing, copy and paste the BBC directly to the thread with no probs just wish my mouse had enter on it!! Bilbo's body nearly done not sure what to do about the clothes, might make his smoking jacket, luckily Ian Holm seems to have a big head! LOL.

Looks like Subo here!

Love this real Gandalf pic, Sir Ian watching footage in 3D on set in full costume!

Yeah, he does, love the Subo reference!

My keyboard has an Enter key at the bottom right corner where the number pad is, I can hit it with my thumb while still holding the mouse, so I wouldn't need e key on it.

CHEERS!

Yeah, he does, love the Subo reference!

My keyboard has an Enter key at the bottom right corner where the number pad is, I can hit it with my thumb while still holding the mouse, so I wouldn't need e key on it.

CHEERS!
    So does mine, it's even lit up and I never noticed LOL! Cheers, shame I'm left handed!

So am I actually, I just learned to be ambidextrous with a mouse as everyone else was getting sick of having to move it whenever I'd been there.

CHEERS!

Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 10 Figures WIP Sam Done

You guys have a lot more patience than me.