Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: ############## "WHY can't I post in the Trade Section?" ##############

Arrow ############## "WHY can't I post in the Trade Section?" ##############

We've changed the permissions a bit in the interest of protecting our regular membership, and also to address address certain issues we've been having recently involving trades with less established members.

Effective immediately, in order to post in the Open Market area you must be registered for at least 30 days and have at least 50 posts (less posts if you've been here longer... see below).

But why??
    We did this to encourage people who want to do trades here to first establish a presence in the community prior to participating in the Open Market... by making it an added benefit/reward to the active participants and long-time members in the forums. We're also doing this to protect our members by weeding out potential fly-by-night sellers/traders.

We've updated the parameters of the above rule to something that allows other normal patterns of use here.

The minimum remains 30 days membership. But there's now a progressive requirement that will count your time as a member if you don't post as much:

To participate in the Trade section...

If you have 50 posts, you'll need at least 1.0 month membership
    If you have 40 posts, you'll need at least 0.5 years membership
    If you have 30 posts, you'll need at least 1.0 years membership
    If you have 20 posts, you'll need at least 1.5 years membership
    If you have 10 posts, you'll need at least 2.0 years membership
    If you have 05 posts, you'll need at least 2.5 years membership
    If you have 01 posts, you'll need at least 3.0 years membership

... and vice versa.

Thanks for your understanding.

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

Re: ############## "WHY can't I post in the Trade Section?" ##############

Due to a rash of new members trying to "spam" the boards with disingenuous posting like "wow!" or "Hot Toys rocks" and so on, just to get their post count up the the required 50 posts, I need to inform new members that this is not allowed.

The reason we have this rule minimum post/time rules is so you can establish yourself as a known and valuable member in our community before you ask the members here to trust you with their money or trade.

It is also to prevent the site from becoming over loaded with people who just come here to unload their collections.

The second part of not allowing this "spamming" is because it bumps currently discussed threads down and back to the 2nd page where they might be missed. Posting "wow" in 30 three year old threads in one day just messes everyone up when they enter the discussion area and it has now been overrun with tons of old posts.

Please keep in mind that trading here is an earned privilege and it requires trust and honestly. So take the time to honestly participate here on the boards and establish yourself as a known member. Once that has been accomplished, you'll find the buying and selling portions of the bards to be a much more fulfilling experience for everyone involved.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/