Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: CANCELLED: Wondery Luna V2.0 Seamless Body

CANCELLED: Wondery Luna V2.0 Seamless Body

See subject.

Back in either late December 2015 or during January 2016, Wondery solicited the Luna V2.0 head sculpt along with a complementing Luna V2.0 seamless body.

The offering has been displayed significantly. The head sculpt (thus far) now expected to reach stateside by the end of March/sometime in April 2017.

As for the body, based what I was told by a friend Wondery cancelled the body due to "lack of interest".

The MSRP was approximately $94.00 USD.

Some of us are also familiar with JIAOU DOLL. Anyone notice how or wonder why JIAOU DOLL are not necessarily readily available from the established and known 1:6 sources lately (not necessarily including eBay sellers based in China/Hong Kong)?

How about the female seamless bodies solicited last year by DOLPHIN TOYS? No new or recent news/update since the unveil and pre-order solicitation?

I'm going to discuss the preceding in separate thread based on information I accumulated since 2015 about the "business side" of 1:6 female seamless bodies pertaining to DOLPHIN TOYS, JIAOU DOLL, PHICEN, and WONDERY along with some other no name or small name brands as to how and why one particular brand name/manufacturer we all know very well appears to "matter" while the others appear to be taking a back seat.

I believe some of you may know what I'm referring to because we witnessed a small glimpse into it about year or so ago within the OSW, but that was only a glimpse into which many are not necessarily aware of the full ramifications.

Stay tuned.

In the meantime, 1:6 food for thought or not.
    Last edited by DeltaForceChung; 03-20-2017 at 19:18.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Re: CANCELLED: Wondery Luna V2.0 Seamless Body

The Jiaou dolls seem to be getting more expensive like the Force Toys stormtroopers which are not far off the Hot Toys price.

Backstage intrigue, un-named sources, and leaks! It's almost a hobby within a hobby.

Let's make 1:6 BIGGER & GREATER!

1:6 . . . it's YUGE!

"Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

So... does that mean the HS will still be offered without the body...? I hope so. I was interested to see what they came up for a body, but it wasn't my main reason for placing a PO. It would be nice if there was stronger competition for Phicen, to ensure that they continue to up their game, but to date, none of the other companies offering seamless bodies have come close. Personally, I like the Edation Hot Stuff bodies, but they're too costly, and the delays between iterations is far too long, and not enough are produced for them to be a viable contender. I have two of the latest Jiou Dolls, and while it does have some nice features at a slightly lower cost, the coloring is odd, and the overall sculpt isn't as aesthetically pleasing as either Hot Stuff or Phicen. However, Phicen's last batch of mid-bust figures are rather disappointing. The "suntan" has become paler, and doesn't match very many HS out there, and the design is odd (just because a woman has smaller breasts, doesn't mean she doesn't have hips or has a flat ass).

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    See subject.

Some of us are also familiar with JIAOU DOLL. Anyone notice how or wonder why JIAOU DOLL are not necessarily readily available from the established and known 1:6 sources lately (not necessarily including eBay sellers based in China/Hong Kong)?

How about the female seamless bodies solicited last year by DOLPHIN TOYS? No new or recent news/update since the unveil and pre-order solicitation?

I'm going to discuss the preceding in separate thread based on information I accumulated since 2015 about the "business side" of 1:6 female seamless bodies pertaining to DOLPHIN TOYS, JIAOU DOLL, PHICEN, and WONDERY along with some other no name or small name brands as to how and why one particular brand name/manufacturer we all know very well appears to "matter" while the others appear to be taking a back seat.

I believe some of you may know what I'm referring to because we witnessed a small glimpse into it about year or so ago within the OSW, but that was only a glimpse into which many are not necessarily aware of the full ramifications.

Stay tuned.

In the meantime, 1:6 food for thought or not.
    JIAOU Doll has a US distributor that brought in the product. If the product didn't get stocked by dealers that might say more about the distributor. I would imagine they would be a hard sell when they cost as much as a Phicen and US dealer costs look like they were higher than the product's MSRP in China, which ruins the value proposition of the product.

Wondery had distribution via one of the main distributors that feeds retailers out of China but there have been no listings for about 2 years now. Their comment on limited demand might reflect that, but as with many of the smaller brands in China distribution can be challenging due to the costs of going through a distributor and a general lack of interest in selling direct to retailers. Without a listing in one of the main distributors (which allows retailers or distributors who buy through distributors to combine orders for cost effective sea shipping) you either don't see the product or the price ends up less palatable. For a distributor that is carrying Phicen, which I presume sells much better, I can see how it might be difficult to position the product at a price where it makes sense, otherwise you end up with another JIAOU Doll on your hands. Other hijinks may be at play, as 1:6 distribution often has no shortage of that. Toys are apparently complicated.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

another for the cancelled figure thread

If I end up paying $$$ for a seamless figure that will have QC issues way down the road, I would like to know whatever production issues there are, hidden or not, within this niche industry.

I got ahold of Steve at Timewalker, he said the head sculpt can, indeed, still be gotten if anyone is interested in that.