Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: DAMToys : 1/6 FBI HRT AGENT ( HOSTAGE RESCUE TEAM ) -78042#

DAMToys : 1/6 FBI HRT AGENT ( HOSTAGE RESCUE TEAM ) -78042#

DAMTOYS : 1/6 FBI HRT AGENT ( HOSTAGE RESCUE TEAM )
    DAMTOYS:1/6 联邦调查局 人质救援小组/FBI HRT - 探员

NO.78042

PARTLIST:

REAL LIKE HEADSCULPTURE
    SUNGLASSES
    DAM 2.0ACTION BADY
    TACTICAL GLOVES x3
    BASE JUMP HELMET
    BASE JUMP HELMET COVER (MultiCam)
    BATTERY PACK FOR NVG GOGGLES
    MANTA STROBE
    V-LITE x2 (BLUE & RED)
    HD CAMERA WITH HELMET
    AN/PRC 152 RADIO
    PELTOR COMTEC II HEADSET
    U94 V.2 PTT
    GPNVG-18 GROUND PANORAMIC NIGHT VISION GOGGLE
    GEN3 SUIT (MultiCam)
    GEN3 PANTS (MultiCam)
    AVS (Adaptive Vest System) (MultiCam)
    BDU BELT
    NB SNEAKERS
    T-SHIRT (OD)
    DUMP POUCH (MultiCam)
    M4 CARBINE
    PMAG30 X3+1
    MOE AR GRIP
    SF MUZZLE BRAKE
    SF WARDEN BLAST DIFFUSER
    SCOUT LIGHT WITH LOW PROFILE MOUNT
    T1 RED DOT
    T1 RED DOT COVER
    M REAR SIGHT
    M FRONT SIGHT
    LA5 PEQ LASER
    MOE RAIL VERTICAL GRIP
    TACTICAL SLING
    SLING ADAPTOR
    TROY BATTLE RAIL
    TROY BATTLE AX GPS NAV STOCK
    TROY MODULAR TRX RAIL x3
    TROY SQUID GRIP x2
    1911 .45 ACP PISTOL
    1911 .45 ACP MAG X2+1
    PISTOL FLASH LIGHT
    PROTECH DEFENDER LEVEL IIIA SHIELD
    LEG DROP HOLSTER
    AID POUCH (MultiCam)
    HYDRATION POUCH(MultiCam)
    FLASHBANG
    FLASHBANG POUCH(MultiCam)
    GRENADE POUCH(MultiCam)
    5.56 MAG POUCH x2(MultiCam)
    PISTOL POUCH x2(MultiCam)
    GPNVG-18 POUCH(MultiCam)
    RADIO POUCH(MultiCam)
    TACTICAL PISTOL LANYARD(BLK)
    SUUNTO WATCH
    STREAMLIGHT SIDEWINDER IR/LED FLASHLIGHT
    ID PATCH x 8
    TRI-FOLD RESTRAINTS PLASTICUFFS x2
    LIGHT STICK
    PEN x2
    PERSONAL RETENTION LANYARD
    COMBAT APPLICATION TOURNIQUET
    FBI BADGE SHIELD

.................................................. ..................................................

DAMTOYS:1/6 联邦调查局 人质救援小组/FBI HRT - 探员

NO.78042

清单:

精致仿真头雕
    墨镜
    DAM 2.0可动素体
    战术手套x3
    FAST 头盔
    FAST 盔罩
    夜视仪电池
    MANTA 频闪信号灯
    V-LITE发光信号灯x2(蓝色和红色)
    头盔高清摄像机
    AN/PRC-152 电台
    U94 2代 PTT开关
    PELTOR COMTEC II 耳机
    GPNVG-18夜视仪
    GEN3迷彩战斗服上衣
    GEN3迷彩战斗服裤子
    AVS 背心系统
    BDU 腰带
    NB运动鞋
    军绿色T恤
    MC迷彩弹夹回收袋
    M4突击步槍
    M4突击步槍30发弹夹 x3+1
    MOE AR握把
    SF 制退器
    SF WARDEN 消焰器
    低剖面支座SCOUT战术灯
    T1 快速瞄具
    T1 快速瞄具 保护盖
    M照门
    M准心
    LA5 PEQ 激光指示器
    MOE导轨握把
    战术枪带
    背带环
    TROY 搭载GPS战斧枪托
    TROY 战斗护木
    TROY 模块化导轨x3
    TROY SQUID 握持面 x2
    1911 手鎗
    1911 弹匣x2+1
    手鎗战术灯
    防暴盾牌
    腿部手鎗套
    迷彩方形医疗包
    迷彩水袋包
    闪光震撼弹
    迷彩闪光震撼弹包
    迷彩手雷包x2
    5.56弹匣包x2
    手鎗弹匣包x2
    迷彩GPNVG18 夜视仪包
    迷彩电台包
    战术枪纲(黑色)
    SUUNTO手表
    STREAMLIGHT 信号灯
    识别章x8
    三向收紧手铐x2(黄色)
    荧光棒
    圆珠笔 X2
    安全绳
    止血带+止血带套
    FBI 执法警徽

Re: DAMToys : 1/6 FBI HRT AGENT ( HOSTAGE RESCUE TEAM ) -78042#

Amazing job on the AVS.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

ES may be the more innovative, prolific, and daring company, but DAM wins this round. That vest is killer and the multicam looks dead on. DAM deserves credit for being only the second company to nail down that pattern (alongside Soldier Story).
    Trade Feedback - Random WIP's
    "Shouldn't this guy have a goatee and a Glock?" - MediumMack *()* "[...] a 1/6 Aberdeen Proving Ground" - JTFazz

At last! A release that will still keep me interested in 1/6. I thought the headsculpt looked a "matured" SS EODMU-11 but it hinted on Kevin Costner.

The funny thing about this figure is that while the gauntlet has clearly been thrown at E&S, DAM has such a massive backlog of releases that it may be a year or more before it gets released. Whereas E&S usually release figures and weapon sets within a couple months after the initial announcement.

DAM could always bump this figure to the top of the release list, but still. It's odd that they continue to regularly announce products when they have such a huge backlog to make it through.

Yeah, E&S will almost certainly be first to the market, with a very competitive figure, that's problematic for DAM.

This is a very nice figure though, I do prefer it to the release by E&S.

My one and only critique is that the holster and spare pmags are a very odd shade of green.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Yeah, E&S will almost certainly be first to the market, with a very competitive figure, that's problematic for DAM.

This is a very nice figure though, I do prefer it to the release by E&S.

My one and only critique is that the holster and spare pmags are a very odd shade of green.
    The holster is supposed to represent Safarilands "foliage green" colorway, same for the PMAGS. They used a very specific picture as a reference. If I can find it in my stash of pictures, I'll post it up.
    If you kill for pleasure your a sadist.
    If you kill for money you are a mercenary.
    If you kill for both, you work for Blackwater.

I love it... I only wish they paid a little more attention to the sneakers, everything looks amazing until you get to the molded shoes. The Soldier Story New Balance sneakers really raised the bar.

If I were to choose which FBI release to buy, I'm going with this one. I feel DAM's quality in their offerings is far more superior than E&S. Don't get me wrong, E&S does know how to do their weapons. I just feel their figures as a whole are way overpriced for their average quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun85 View Post
    If I were to choose which FBI release to buy, I'm going with this one. I feel DAM's quality in their offerings is far more superior than E&S. Don't get me wrong, E&S does know how to do their weapons. I just feel their figures as a whole are way overpriced for their average quality.
    A lot of complaints are directed at 2 issues plaguing ES.
    1. There is no denying it, the ES body plain SUCKS. Although many improvements have been made, many will prefer DAM or SS bodies over it.
    2. The ES multicam SUCKS. But there is a caveat. The ES multicam is actually the “most accurate” looking multicam. I have been told that ES even based their camos on real life samples. BUT what good is “accurate” when the people don’t like it. Hope ES listens to the many complaints on OSW and BBICN about their “awful” multicam.

Unless this is some sort of alternate universe bleedover, or total coincidence, I am not over enthused about DAM and E&S both spitting out similar (same) subjects. I like both companies, but with all the possibilities for figures, the subjects and timing continues to be a bit absurd. Maybe good for HRT fans, but when two dogs have a pissing contest, it can be painful for both.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Looks pretty damn good! I might get this. I did think at first that it was The Dude from an amazing movie!

Wow, this is one nice HRT figure as well. I hope this one doesn't come out till the end of the year though that way my wallet can be that much more happy.
    "Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum."
    -Flavius Vegetius Renatus-

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    Unless this is some sort of alternate universe bleedover, or total coincidence, I am not over enthused about DAM and E&S both spitting out similar (same) subjects. I like both companies, but with all the possibilities for figures, the subjects and timing continues to be a bit absurd. Maybe good for HRT fans, but when two dogs have a pissing contest, it can be painful for both.
    --

You have a point, but what you posted at one point could have applied to DAM Vs. SOLDIER STORY, but with nuances.

In the grand scheme of thing, I view the competition (i.e. pissing contest if you will) as being good for collectors in terms of choices and preferences and forcing the 1:6 brands/manufacturers (generally speaking) to up their game in earning our hard earned $ for 1:6 goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    The holster is supposed to represent Safarilands "foliage green" colorway, same for the PMAGS. They used a very specific picture as a reference. If I can find it in my stash of pictures, I'll post it up.
    Thanks. I'm familiar with the color, but it doesn't seem to have photographed well for them. Looks better on my PC now then when I commented from my phone. I actually own a 1:1 item in that color and like it.

Quote Originally Posted by General Sam View Post
    1. There is no denying it, the ES body plain SUCKS. Although many improvements have been made, many will prefer DAM or SS bodies over it.
    2. The ES multicam SUCKS. But there is a caveat. The ES multicam is actually the “most accurate” looking multicam. I have been told that ES even based their camos on real life samples. BUT what good is “accurate” when the people don’t like it. Hope ES listens to the many complaints on OSW and BBICN about their “awful” multicam.
    Owning a few real world items in MC, I find ES's rendition of it to be the most accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by General Sam View Post
    --

I agree with you to an extent on #1. The bodies did suck quality wise with their first production release, but they did address the issues and the quality improved, but the body overall could still be better compared to what is readily available from different 1:6 brands/manufacturers in terms of a jointed body. E&S invested in the design and mold for the body and they're not going to give it up anytime soon unless they receive a specific return on their investment so I don't believe we'll be seeing a revised 2.0 version of the body anytime soon.

I like this quite a lot more than the ES version. I already pre-ordered the DAM PMC, so not sure if I'll have funds for this or not. If it's Q4 it looks like I have time to plan.
    Breaking tiny radios and sunglasses since 2006
    Sales Thread | Trade References | Want List

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

I agree with you to an extent on #1. The bodies did suck quality wise with their first production release, but they did address the issues and the quality improved, but the body overall could still be better compared to what is readily available from different 1:6 brands/manufacturers in terms of a jointed body. E&S invested in the design and mold for the body and they're not going to give it up anytime soon unless they receive a specific return on their investment so I don't believe we'll be seeing a revised 2.0 version of the body anytime soon.
    The body is only mildly improved through a temporary fix of adding adhesive lines (hip ball joints) or coating (neckpeg/shoulders) to the joints to simulate a ratcheting effect or tighten the joint. Unfortunately it hasn't been consistently applied during the "fixing process" and issues with looseness in the legs in particular (exacerbated by the weight of molded boots) seem common. One leg might seem reasonably tight and the other ends up being very loose. Unfortunately for a proper fix redoing the tooling would be necessary, but at that point a replacement of the whole design makes more sense, more so given that proportions could be better aligned with other brands. I wouldn't consider it a "tight joint" body in its current form. As Sam notes, this is one of the stumbling blocks for people considering purchasing the brand. I've heard from a number of collectors and customers with the same concern.

As for their camo patterns, I find the colors seem accurate to the 1:1 source they use. In some case the accuracy is to their detriment as other brands coloring isn't necessarily accurate so combining parts from the various brands can be jarring. Going back to Sam's comments, sometimes aligning your product to competitors, whether in terms of dimensions or coloring, can be a beneficial thing given how many military collectors end up kitbashing figures.

The tit for tat product releases won't really change and it makes things more complicated for dealers and collectors who preorder, but not really a new thing unfortunately. That being said it does push each brand to step their game up and gives consumers a chance to buy earlier or later as funds and preferences dictate.

I can't help but love this. Say what you will about FBI HRT being overdone, but this figure can be used as a base for pretty much any Tier 1 SOF unit, from KSK to Delta to JTF2 to GROM to SAS, and it looks better than the ES one IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

You have a point, but what you posted at one point could have applied to DAM Vs. SOLDIER STORY, but with nuances.

In the grand scheme of thing, I view the competition (i.e. pissing contest if you will) as being good for collectors in terms of choices and preferences and forcing the 1:6 brands/manufacturers (generally speaking) to up their game in earning our hard earned $ for 1:6 goods.
    I have no problem with competition, but when one competitor is larger, better established than the other, I wonder if it is competition, or knocking the smaller competitor out of the market. As great as DAM's modern Russian figures were, for me, and others, I feel that DAM's blitz had a decidedly negative effect on the first outfit to release modern Russian stuff - KGB Hobby.

Perhaps E&S is stouter than I think, but as it makes its way from weapons to full figures, I repeat that I have to wonder at DAM's lengthy queue of premiered figures now being led by their HRT offering.

DAM makes fine figures, I have a bunch of them, but I like my market best, when there are more sources. I believe that is good for we wandering hobby bums, because honest competition brings better products. Just as long as E&S doesn't find itself twinned at every move.
    You are
    What you do

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    I have no problem with competition, but when one competitor is larger, better established than the other, I wonder if it is competition, or knocking the smaller competitor out of the market. As great as DAM's modern Russian figures were, for me, and others, I feel that DAM's blitz had a decidedly negative effect on the first outfit to release modern Russian stuff - KGB Hobby.
    KGB unfortunately is on hiatus for reasons unrelated to the hobby. They had a few prototypes that were moving closer to release but those are understandably on pause for now.

I'm sorry to hear that, Adam. Sometimes it is easy to forget how real life intrudes.
    You are
    What you do

I believe E&S needs to continue their focus on PMC themed figures along with their joint offerings from BOT/MSE for ZERT offerings of which the other players have not necessarily addressed.

E&S to a degree have their own niche and they need to continue to develop and nurture it.

Very cool I'll have that rifle for sure. Maybe a few other bits.

Is it just me or does he look like an old Will Wheaton?

Not feeling the New Balnce sneakers. They look well done, but it's not blowing my hair back on the whole figure look though.

Quote Originally Posted by cdn_rhino View Post
    Very cool I'll have that rifle for sure. Maybe a few other bits.

Is it just me or does he look like an old Will Wheaton?

Not feeling the New Balnce sneakers. They look well done, but it's not blowing my hair back on the whole figure look though.
    He kinda looks like Kevin Costner to me... great headsculpt though.

Kevin Costner in Criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun85 View Post
    Kevin Costner in Criminal.

Good find... definitely who it's based on – even got the scar near his right eye.