One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

EBAY help

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DeltaForceChung 
#1 ·
guys need some help on ebay, I'm currently have a few figures and gear on sale, my question is a few items are buy now or make offer if a buyer makes a offer and then another buyer makes a higher offer what is the proper etiquette to explain? also if the same buyer purchases more than 1 item is there a way of placing all items on a envoice to keep shipping charges down, thank you for your assistance

#2 ·
You are free to accept or decline offers as you see fit really, but if you are waiting to see if you get a higher offer when there is a pending one, it would generally be considered polite not to leave the buyer hanging on a reply to the offer. If the buyer hasn't paid for their items you can send them a combined invoice. In your list of items awaiting payment there will be an option to send an invoice for all their pending items. If they have paid you pretty much have to just refund them the difference via paypal which you can do from the individual paypal transaction details. You'll get a refund from paypal on their fees, but ebay doesn't refund fees for partial refunds. You can ask the buyer if they mind if you refund/cancel/relist but that is generally quite tedious for a buyer and you may lose the sale.

#3 · (Edited)
You have the final say. It's up to you to accept or decline/ignore an 'Offer'. You reserve the right to only accept the offer you consider best/ highest or closest to the minimum price you set.
It's common courtesy to send a thank you notice to even the smallest offer to let them know they are being considered, but a seller is neither required nor obligated to.

Until a buyer pays for one item, any additional item added will be automatically placed on the same invoice (unless items are going to different addresses which is rare).
As far as I know, EBay does not combine/ reduce shipping, instead Ebay will automatically add the total shipping cost on the invoice. As a seller you can then change the total cost of the shipping (if you want to give discount) before you send the final invoice.

Most often buyers who purchase multiple items will ask for combined shipping and request that you send them a 'final invoice'.

Some will just pay right away before you send the invoice, no matter the shipping cost. In that event, it's up to you to give them a partial shipping refund through PayPal if you want to give them discount.

I hope this helps.

#4 ·
As above on the offers.

Some Buy It Now sales have to be paid for as you purchase, which includes shipping. Ideally it's best to have all the items on one invoice, but the buyer may have to pay the shipping on each item and then get refunded. It's a pain, and I haven't figured out how to get the combined shipping options for invoicing working yet. It used to work that way for me, but now it seems to be each individual item has to be completed. There was a Keep Shopping feature that allowed a buyer to add multiple items on BIN to be purchased. But for some reason that isn't happening now, at least on my sales. You might have to be an Ebay Retailer/Store for that, but I'm not sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.