Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: More DAK!!! 2 Kettenkrads and a Motorcycle Combination.

More DAK!!! 2 Kettenkrads and a Motorcycle Combination.

Hi everyone, here are some pics of my latest set of 1/6 DAK vehicles and figures.

There is a DiD kettenkrad and trailer, a 21st Century Kettenkrad with a Dragon trailer, and a 21st century motorcycle and side car combination.

There are 7 figures all told here, bodies and head sculpts are a mix of DiD, Dragon and BBi. The uniforms are again taken from all manufacturers DAK uniforms. Equipment id predominantly Tropical, with a smattering of European thrown in too as I believe would be found in the DAK.

Hope you like them, and as always any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Paul

Re: More DAK!!! 2 Kettenkrads and a Motorcycle Combination.

Damn, those look pretty darn great

That's a really nice collection of Afrika Korps troops and transport. With those Kettenkrads and the MC combination, you can put a lot into a space that one Opel would fill up. Gives an impression of the hustle and bustle of "moving up".
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Thanks Gentlemen,

Its nice to have my work appreciated.

Paul

VERY nice collection of troops and vehicles, Paul! Definately gives one the impression of a long and dusty road march, thanx for posting!
    "Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence." General Jack D. Ripper

Very nice sir!

Perhaps next time we will see a 1/6th Messerschmidt ME-262 being towed by Kettenkrad?

"Flying is more than a sport and more than a job; flying is pure passion and desire, which fill a lifetime". Galland

Oh wow. Not my era but that's incredible work - also the infantryman's exposed (seamless) knees add a lot for such a small touch

Thanks Chaps,

Great to hear the comments, I am always interested in what people think of what I do and try to learn from them.

Russcal, I like those pics of the DAK moving across open desert, where the vehicles are spread out and seem to be moving randomly, but all in the same direction. Not too much space to capture that here, but I hope I caught some of that atmosphere.

AV8TORjoe I am afraid that is more likely to happen in 1/18 scale for me. I have 2 Me262s in that scale already, and a kettenkrad would be a great addition.

Canuk, thank you glad you like them. I would not usually use shorts on a figure because my eye is always drawn to the joints. The figure here happened to come with one of the vehicles in this set, and just cried out to me to use a set of shorts this time. I am glad you like the effect.
    I always try hard to cover the joints on the figures I use in my builds as I don't really like them on show so much. The radio operator in the back of the other kettenkrad has the wrist joint on show for the right hand on the headset. I might add a wristwatch or something to try and disguise it more.

Once again thanks to all who have contributed to this thread it is great to have your comments.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by scalawag View Post
    Thanks Chaps,

AV8TORjoe I am afraid that is more likely to happen in 1/18 scale for me. I have 2 Me262s in that scale already, and a kettenkrad would be a great addition.

Paul
    Are you familiar with Battleground Toys 1:18 Sd.Kfz 2 Kettenkrad? Check out link below for more info.

Small Scale Military Headquarters - View topic - Battleground Toys 1:18 Kettenkrad - Finished Build Pictures
    "Flying is more than a sport and more than a job; flying is pure passion and desire, which fill a lifetime". Galland

Hi AV8TORjoe,

Yes I have seen those very nice Kettenkrads in 1/18. I am on the lookout for one of the Xion 1/16 ones which can be RCed (I build RC tanks in 1/16 too). I know it is not 1/18, but it is close to scale, and it would actually be able to tow the ME262, or anything else for that matter.

SD.KFZ. 2 - KKrad and Accesories - XION-SHOP

Sadly these are no longer made, so the only option is to find a used one in good condition at a reasonable price.

Thanks again for the link.

Paul