One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

GREAT deals can be found on eBay if you're patient . . .

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  cdn_rhino 
#1 ·
See subject.

eBay tends to get a bad/negative rap for many reasons indifferent, right, and wrong.

There are occasionally great deals to be found on eBay . . . if we're patient along with luck and timing.

This discussion is about such.

Last Sunday, nine (9) auctions were ending for carded modern 21STCT ULTIMATE SOLDIER items (mint on card/never from the package). The starting bid was $5.00 each for item. I patiently watched each item and decided to snipe them at the last possible moment the old fashioned way. I figured the items were likely to be watched by others given the low starting bid price, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

As the bidding time for each item winded down, I got my bid in for each item with around six to seven seconds left. I won all nine (9) items at $5.00 each.

• 82nd Airborne Infantry
  • MAC-V SOG Blister Carded Figure
  • U.S. Army Platoon Leader
  • U.S. Army Ranger
  • U.S. Modern Infantry
  • U.S. Modern M-249 SAW Gunner
  • U.S. Modern Military Police
  • U.S. Special Forces CQB
  • USMC Modern Force Recon

Postage/shipping for the entire lot was $20.00.

The items arrived today well packed.

Each item was basically $7.22 a piece. You don't find such bargains like that anymore nowadays online or retail. I felt like it was the good old days many years back when we could find such deals at retail during close outs and mark downs.

I left immediate positive feedback to the seller thanking him for the great deal and prompt delivery.

Great deals can be found and had on eBay from time to time. It's all about luck, patience, and timing.

See less See more
#3 ·
Just about my entire collection has come from Ebay, like you said you just have to watch, most of my stuff was gotten because people list it incorrectly,not putting 1/6 in the title or listing it in an off beat category, if I was making a $1 an hour while looking I could afford more Phicens!

#6 ·
I like eBay for 1/6 purchases. Patience, timing and luck are imperative however. Last weekend I bagged 17 Dragon figures along with a huge amount of extra clothing and accessories from two separate sales. The total for both including shipping was $225.

They were all out of package, but that is currently what I prefer. At roughly $13 a figure for a well equipped dragon figure, I felt is was a steal.

#7 ·
Well, it depends on what you mean by "finding a GREAT deal." If your area of acquisition is broad enough, you can patiently scan through E-Bay and reliably find occasional great deals on something. If you're targeting a specific item or a line of items, all the patience in the world isn't going to get there without pure luck, and you sure can't count on it.

#10 ·
Each item was basically $7.22 a piece.
Didn't the 1st and 2nd series carded/blistered TUS stuff pretty much retail for under $10 @ TRU?

Considering the quality of early TUS, I'm not certain I'd consider $7.22 a great deal. DML carded stuff on the other hand, yeah.

There is definite truth to the eBay mythos though. I bought a MIB SSC Boromir and Strider for $40 shipped, back when they were normally going for over $100 each. That was a pretty good deal.

#11 ·
Didn't the 1st and 2nd series carded/blistered TUS stuff pretty much retail for under $10 @ TRU?
--

The carded accessories/uniforms/weapons sets retailed for $7.99 to $14.99 at TRU depending on the set type.

The blister carded figures were around $7.99 to $9.99 a piece.

#12 ·
So, there are some niches for the price range for 1/6 Action Figure lot:
- small starting price "s.p."
- medium s.p.
- big s.p. (big amount of items lot or highly detailed new boxed figures, "RARE", etc)
- very big s.p. (special)
With this differenciation by price we can have GREAT deal for last niche (very big price) but whether it's a good deal for niche conditions 1-3...

#13 ·
Nice scores. Carded sets are fun.

My last true Ebay deal was the Soldier Story JTAC figure. Under $100 USD shipped to my door. And that was just me and another bidder doing the action. Doesn't always work out that way, but sometimes you get lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.