Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 53

Thread: PHICEN No Tomorrow -Keres's newest & finale look - new photos 8/10/2017

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    1,989

    PHICEN No Tomorrow -Keres's newest & finale look - new photos 8/10/2017

    My Keres figure arrived last week.
    -
    Keres, the Goddess of the Death! When Death arrives at your door, there is No Tomorrow.
    -
    Hosted on Fotki
    Mercy Dante no base, Sparta Warrior G.W. : 2.0 kg = 4.40925, Demon Huntress G.W. : 3.20 kg = 7.05479, No Tomorrow G.W. : 2.91 kg = 6.415452.
    -
    Well this is the largest shipping box that I have ever received from PHICEN to date until PHCEN Captain Sparta package arrives sometime next summer & that one has a massive looking base. How big is that base inside that box anyway?
    -
    Hosted on Fotki
    Well that was a major surprise actually the No Tomorrow box wasn't much bigger than Mercy Dante box OMG how massive is Keres's base
    -
    Hosted on Fotki
    Is anyone else noticing a trend here? (they keep getting bigger)
    -
    Hosted on Fotki
    While I have her base out, I guess this is how she is supposed to look like, not bad if you want to display her in a all glass display case (I don't) & I really don't like her HS so it has to go. I just wish she came with a second HS like the one shown on the back of her box. Also I think Keres base might make an excellent base for a Hot Toys Predator type figure?
    -
    Hosted on Fotki
    Here's a CU of Keres.
    -
    Hosted on Fotki
    A cropped photo.
    -
    Hosted on Fotki
    Keres with Very Cool Raksa HS, I knew this figure had potential, I think she looks a lot better now, what do you guys think about this HS?
    -
    Hosted on Fotki
    Now Keres with PHICEN Demon Huntress HS or what do you guys think about this HS?
    -
    Thank you for looking.
    -
    Comments are welcomed.
    -
    Baddog
    Last edited by BADDOG-787; 08-10-2017 at 15:27.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,931

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Like both .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    11,498

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Blimey!

    That's one big @$$ box!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by masamune View Post
    Like both .
    Thank you for your impute.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    Blimey!

    That's one big @$$ box!
    Your right that is one very large shipping box, I can foresee a time when you order an item from PHICEN when it arrives the postal service delivers the package to the front door a person will need a hand cart to take it inside.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    45

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Of the two, I think she looks more mage-like or classy with the Raksa HS.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    I actually like the original Keres HS, although it is very limiting as far as photoshoots, etc go...as far as the other two go, I definitely like the Raksa HS better...the Demon Huntress sculpt looks ok but, in my opinion, the Raksa works better, at least as far as a "mage" type character goes...but, 6 or 8 more drinks and they'll ALL look good...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    11,498

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    but, 6 or 8 more drinks and they'll ALL look good...
    --

    Are you posting from 1:1 or 1:6 experience?

    Please clarify.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

    Are you posting from 1:1 or 1:6 experience?

    Please clarify.

    Yea

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    11,498

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Yea
    --

    Alrighty then.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    11,498

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG-787 View Post
    Your right that is one very large shipping box, I can foresee a time when you order an item from PHICEN when it arrives the postal service delivers the package to the front door a person will need a hand cart to take it inside.
    --

    Actually . . .

    FedEx, UPS, and the USPS deliver all my orders using carts.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

    Alrighty then.
    Hey, you asked......now back to the original topic...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    11,498

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    I really wish an open eyes head sculpt would have been included.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by Excelion Prime View Post
    Of the two, I think she looks more mage-like or classy with the Raksa HS.
    Thank you for your impute, yea I think your right the Raksa HS dose look more mage-like or classy & perhaps a bit intimidating.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    I really wish an open eyes head sculpt would have been included.
    Just like BADDOG-787 made reference too

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I actually like the original Keres HS, although it is very limiting as far as photoshoots, etc go...as far as the other two go, I definitely like the Raksa HS better...the Demon Huntress sculpt looks ok but, in my opinion, the Raksa works better, at least as far as a "mage" type character goes...but, 6 or 8 more drinks and they'll ALL look good...

    Thank you, I think I will go with the Raska HS now it really does seem to go with the character I'm building Lady Death's new adviser & the only one that will not back down to her, she will stand her ground.
    Last edited by BADDOG-787; 02-28-2017 at 21:22.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG-787 View Post
    Thank you, I think I will go with the Keres HS now it really does seem to go with the character I'm building Lady Death's new adviser & the only one that will not back down to her, she will stand her ground.
    This is just my honest opinion but, I think the Raksa HS works better for an "adviser"...she just looks wiser to me...but,its your world and I think anything you come up with will work out...now excuse me as I work on my "Whoracle" character...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    I really wish an open eyes head sculpt would have been included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Just like BADDOG-787 made reference too

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

    Actually . . .

    FedEx, UPS, and the USPS deliver all my orders using carts.

    For one package? WOW

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    This is just my honest opinion but, I think the Raksa HS works better for an "adviser"...she just looks wiser to me...but,its your world and I think anything you come up with will work out...now excuse me as I work on my "Whoracle" character...

    Sorry my bad, yep your right, I meant Raksa HS. That sound like a very interesting character.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,120

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    .
    Manufacturers face a Catch-22, "Damned if you do damned if you don't" on any unusual expression headsculpt because we will complain that it's too eccentric or too limiting -- but on the other hand we also complain that we get all the "normal" sculpts with Zombie Stare. Boxed figures with two head sculpts are a great solution, and I wish they'd do it more.

    It adds a little to the price but probably much less so than buying extra sculpts loose, so it's value-efficient (see e.g. Shi). And I suspect that Phicen are actually working at throwing in extra stuff to maintain yet justify their price point -- that's what all the bases are about. If that is so, I would 100 times rather have a second head sculpt than a resin base. Regular Keres head + the crying head would have put this figure over the top for me.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    .
    Manufacturers face a Catch-22, "Damned if you do damned if you don't" on any unusual expression headsculpt because we will complain that it's too eccentric or too limiting -- but on the other hand we also complain that we get all the "normal" sculpts with Zombie Stare. Boxed figures with two head sculpts are a great solution, and I wish they'd do it more.

    It adds a little to the price but probably much less so than buying extra sculpts loose, so it's value-efficient (see e.g. Shi). And I suspect that Phicen are actually working at throwing in extra stuff to maintain yet justify their price point -- that's what all the bases are about. If that is so, I would 100 times rather have a second head sculpt than a resin base. Regular Keres head + the crying head would have put this figure over the top for me.
    I totally agree with this...I think this figure would definitely benefit more with an open eyes hs than a fancy base. But,again,thats just me and what I look for...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG-787 View Post
    Sorry my bad, yep your right, I meant Raksa HS. That sound like a very interesting character.
    I'll have to post some pics of her when i get a chance...right now I'm working on her "coven"...lol...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    .
    Manufacturers face a Catch-22, "Damned if you do damned if you don't" on any unusual expression headsculpt because we will complain that it's too eccentric or too limiting -- but on the other hand we also complain that we get all the "normal" sculpts with Zombie Stare. Boxed figures with two head sculpts are a great solution, and I wish they'd do it more.

    It adds a little to the price but probably much less so than buying extra sculpts loose, so it's value-efficient (see e.g. Shi). And I suspect that Phicen are actually working at throwing in extra stuff to maintain yet justify their price point -- that's what all the bases are about. If that is so, I would 100 times rather have a second head sculpt than a resin base. Regular Keres head + the crying head would have put this figure over the top for me.
    I totally Thank you.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I'll have to post some pics of her when i get a chance...right now I'm working on her "coven"...lol...
    Oh I'm looking forward to seeing them.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG-787 View Post
    Oh I'm looking forward to seeing them.
    Here's a quick pic...not very good but...[ATTACH=CONFIG]373292
    Hope the pic shows...Azuty on the left, Whoracle in the middle and Ezrona on the right...Whoracle is NOT wearing her best,tho...lol...anyway, didnt mean to get away from the original post...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PHICEN No Tomorrow -Keres's newest & finale look  - new photos 8/10/2017-2362-jpg  

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Here's a quick pic...not very good but...[ATTACH=CONFIG]373292
    Hope the pic shows...Azuty on the left, Whoracle in the middle and Ezrona on the right...Whoracle is NOT wearing her best,tho...lol...anyway, didnt mean to get away from the original post...
    Thanks, they are very cool, that's fine.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    879

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG-787 View Post
    Thanks, they are very cool, that's fine.
    Razz, does nice work with the female figures. He has a good grasp of his characters and their roles in his storyline. I think the kabuki paint jobs are excellent.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    This is what Whoracle normally looks like...again,just a quick pic...PHICEN No Tomorrow -Keres's newest & finale look  - new photos 8/10/2017-1972-jpg

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    879

    Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    This is what Whoracle normally looks like...again,just a quick pic...PHICEN No Tomorrow -Keres's newest & finale look  - new photos 8/10/2017-1972-jpg
    The feller on the right looks an awful lot like pontiacivan! ROFL!

Similar Threads

  1. New Product | Phicen 1/6 No Tomorrow Action Figure
    By ZIPCOOLO in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-15-2017, 09:30
  2. New Product | PHICEN | PL-2016-81 | "NO TOMORROW" Keres: The Goddess of DEATH
    By DeltaForceChung in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 16:52
  3. Edge of Tomorrow
    By Spartan Rex in forum Loose Bits (Off Topic)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 12:40
  4. New Product | ZCWO For a Better Tomorrow
    By dragonsleeper in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 12:44
  5. Tomorrow...! Tomorrow...! I love you, tomorrow!
    By GrenadierStinny in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 22:59

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
PHICEN No Tomorrow -Keres's newest & finale look  - new photos 8/10/2017
PHICEN No Tomorrow -Keres's newest & finale look  - new photos 8/10/2017
KGHobby...Click Here!
Urban Samurai Hobbies...Click Here!
Vlad's Toys...Click Here!
BlackOps Toys...Click Here!
Alien Day Ultimate Giveaway - Join the Hunt!
HobbyLink Japan...Click Here!
Cotswold Collectibles...Click Here!
The ToySource...Click Here!
Big Bad Toy Store...Click Here!
Timewalker Toys...Click Here!
ToyWiz...Click Here!
Nouveau Toys...Click Here!
Cotswold Collectibles...Click Here!
FandangoFanShop...Click Here!
Toynk...Click Here!