Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres - new photos 3/20/2017

Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD

PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres - new photos 3/20/2017

My Keres figure arrived last week.
    +
    Keres, the Goddess of the Death! When Death arrives at your door, there is No Tomorrow.

Mercy Dante no base, Sparta Warrior G.W. : 2.0 kg = 4.40925, Demon Huntress G.W. : 3.20 kg = 7.05479, No Tomorrow G.W. : 2.91 kg = 6.415452.
    +
    Well this is the largest shipping box that I have ever received from PHICEN to date until PHCEN Captain Sparta package arrives sometime next summer & that one has a massive looking base. How big is that base inside that box anyway?

Well that was a major surprise actually the No Tomorrow box wasn't much bigger than Mercy Dante box OMG how massive is Keres's base

Is anyone else noticing a trend here? (they keep getting bigger)

While I have her base out, I guess this is how she is supposed to look like, not bad if you want to display her in a all glass display case (I don't) & I really don't like her HS so it has to go. I just wish she came with a second HS like the one shown on the back of her box. Also I think Keres base might make an excellent base for a Hot Toys Predator type figure?

Here's a CU of Keres.
    +

A cropped photo.

Keres with Very Cool Raksa HS, I knew this figure had potential, I think she looks a lot better now, what do you guys think about this HS?

Now Keres with PHICEN Demon Huntress HS or what do you guys think about this HS?
    +
    Thank you for looking.
    +
    Comments are welcomed.
    +
    Baddog
    Last edited by BADDOG-787; 03-20-2017 at 20:13.

Re: PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres

Like both .

Blimey!

That's one big @$$ box!
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by masamune View Post
    Like both .
    Thank you for your impute.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    Blimey!

That's one big @$$ box!
    Your right that is one very large shipping box, I can foresee a time when you order an item from PHICEN when it arrives the postal service delivers the package to the front door a person will need a hand cart to take it inside.

Of the two, I think she looks more mage-like or classy with the Raksa HS.

I actually like the original Keres HS, although it is very limiting as far as photoshoots, etc go...as far as the other two go, I definitely like the Raksa HS better...the Demon Huntress sculpt looks ok but, in my opinion, the Raksa works better, at least as far as a "mage" type character goes...but, 6 or 8 more drinks and they'll ALL look good...

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    but, 6 or 8 more drinks and they'll ALL look good...
    --

Are you posting from 1:1 or 1:6 experience?

Please clarify.

"Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

--

Are you posting from 1:1 or 1:6 experience?

Please clarify.

Yea

Yea
    --

Alrighty then.

Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG-787 View Post
    Your right that is one very large shipping box, I can foresee a time when you order an item from PHICEN when it arrives the postal service delivers the package to the front door a person will need a hand cart to take it inside.
    --

Actually . . .

FedEx, UPS, and the USPS deliver all my orders using carts.

--

Alrighty then.
    Hey, you asked......now back to the original topic...

I really wish an open eyes head sculpt would have been included.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelion Prime View Post
    Of the two, I think she looks more mage-like or classy with the Raksa HS.
    Thank you for your impute, yea I think your right the Raksa HS dose look more mage-like or classy & perhaps a bit intimidating.

Just like BADDOG-787 made reference too

I actually like the original Keres HS, although it is very limiting as far as photoshoots, etc go...as far as the other two go, I definitely like the Raksa HS better...the Demon Huntress sculpt looks ok but, in my opinion, the Raksa works better, at least as far as a "mage" type character goes...but, 6 or 8 more drinks and they'll ALL look good...

Thank you, I think I will go with the Raska HS now it really does seem to go with the character I'm building Lady Death's new adviser & the only one that will not back down to her, she will stand her ground.
    Last edited by BADDOG-787; 02-28-2017 at 21:22.

Thank you, I think I will go with the Keres HS now it really does seem to go with the character I'm building Lady Death's new adviser & the only one that will not back down to her, she will stand her ground.
    This is just my honest opinion but, I think the Raksa HS works better for an "adviser"...she just looks wiser to me...but,its your world and I think anything you come up with will work out...now excuse me as I work on my "Whoracle" character...

Just like BADDOG-787 made reference too

--

Actually . . .

FedEx, UPS, and the USPS deliver all my orders using carts.

For one package? WOW

This is just my honest opinion but, I think the Raksa HS works better for an "adviser"...she just looks wiser to me...but,its your world and I think anything you come up with will work out...now excuse me as I work on my "Whoracle" character...

Sorry my bad, yep your right, I meant Raksa HS. That sound like a very interesting character.

Manufacturers face a Catch-22, "Damned if you do damned if you don't" on any unusual expression headsculpt because we will complain that it's too eccentric or too limiting -- but on the other hand we also complain that we get all the "normal" sculpts with Zombie Stare. Boxed figures with two head sculpts are a great solution, and I wish they'd do it more.

It adds a little to the price but probably much less so than buying extra sculpts loose, so it's value-efficient (see e.g. Shi). And I suspect that Phicen are actually working at throwing in extra stuff to maintain yet justify their price point -- that's what all the bases are about. If that is so, I would 100 times rather have a second head sculpt than a resin base. Regular Keres head + the crying head would have put this figure over the top for me.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Manufacturers face a Catch-22, "Damned if you do damned if you don't" on any unusual expression headsculpt because we will complain that it's too eccentric or too limiting -- but on the other hand we also complain that we get all the "normal" sculpts with Zombie Stare. Boxed figures with two head sculpts are a great solution, and I wish they'd do it more.

It adds a little to the price but probably much less so than buying extra sculpts loose, so it's value-efficient (see e.g. Shi). And I suspect that Phicen are actually working at throwing in extra stuff to maintain yet justify their price point -- that's what all the bases are about. If that is so, I would 100 times rather have a second head sculpt than a resin base. Regular Keres head + the crying head would have put this figure over the top for me.
    I totally agree with this...I think this figure would definitely benefit more with an open eyes hs than a fancy base. But,again,thats just me and what I look for...

Sorry my bad, yep your right, I meant Raksa HS. That sound like a very interesting character.
    I'll have to post some pics of her when i get a chance...right now I'm working on her "coven"...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post

I totally Thank you.

I'll have to post some pics of her when i get a chance...right now I'm working on her "coven"...lol...
    Oh I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Oh I'm looking forward to seeing them.
    Here's a quick pic...not very good but...[ATTACH=CONFIG]373292
    Hope the pic shows...Azuty on the left, Whoracle in the middle and Ezrona on the right...Whoracle is NOT wearing her best,tho...lol...anyway, didnt mean to get away from the original post...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres - new photos 3/20/2017-2362-jpg  

Here's a quick pic...not very good but...[ATTACH=CONFIG]373292
    Hope the pic shows...Azuty on the left, Whoracle in the middle and Ezrona on the right...Whoracle is NOT wearing her best,tho...lol...anyway, didnt mean to get away from the original post...
    Thanks, they are very cool, that's fine.

Thanks, they are very cool, that's fine.
    Razz, does nice work with the female figures. He has a good grasp of his characters and their roles in his storyline. I think the kabuki paint jobs are excellent.
    Q: What did Yoda say during his performance review at McD's ?

A: Judge me, by my fries, do you ?

This is what Whoracle normally looks like...again,just a quick pic...PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres - new photos 3/20/2017-1972-jpg

This is what Whoracle normally looks like...again,just a quick pic...PHICEN No Tomorrow - Keres - new photos 3/20/2017-1972-jpg
    The feller on the right looks an awful lot like pontiacivan! ROFL!
    Q: What did Yoda say during his performance review at McD's ?

A: Judge me, by my fries, do you ?