Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHICEN Limited | Arhian Head Huntress | PL-2016-85

PHICEN Limited | Arhian Head Huntress | PL-2016-85

In the years after the Third Arkhorian War, hordes of reavers, pirates, and mercenaries roamed the world. Their swords serving no cause, but themselves or the highest bidder.

Across these bloodstained lands rode Arhian. Proud, fierce, and her guile and wit as cutting as her blade.

Storming through an age without heroes, she claimed it for hers and cleaved her way into legend.

Officially licensed and authorized.

• Arm Guard (Left Arm)
    • Armlet (Right Arm)
    • Base Display
    • 4 Color Packaging
    • Bikini Style Battle Top & Bottom
    • Dagger w/ Sheath
    • Faux Fur Boots X 1 Pair
    • Head Sculpt
    • Hooded Cloak
    • Interchangeable Hands X 3 Pairs
    • Knee Guards X 1 Pair
    • Lower Arm Guards X 1 Pair
    • PHICEN Female Seamless Body w/ Stainless Steel Armature
    • Shield
    • Shoulder Guards X 1 Pair
    • Sword
    • Thigh Guards X 1 Pair

The MSRP is approximately $170.00 USD.

The release date is approximately 2ND/3RD QTR 2017.

--

"Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Re: PHICEN Limited | Arhian Head Huntress | PL-2016-85

I really like this figure and think I will pick it up. I have been on the fence about the Red Sonja figure a long because of the bland facial expression but this one is much more fierce and fitting, like it quite a bit.

Only quibble is the color of the gold metal on the various armor bits, but I suspect photoshop boosting of colors played a part in that in most of the photos. The shade of metal in the photo comparing the base and the shield seems more like what we'll actually get.

Other than that and the questionable physics holding her top up, this figure looks really nice!

Her expression is really well done. Very determined!

Wow! Phicen is starting to do a great job with their head sculpts. Thanks for sharing.
    "When people run in circles
    It's a very, very Mad World."

I really wonder where that Guys get the Ideas for the Figures from..... Blond Warrioress in brown Leather....some outdoor shots... Great.

I have a feeling that if I display her next to Red Sonja . . . it's not going to end well.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

I think I'll have to pick this one up. She reminds me of the Amazon from Diablo.

If PHICEN was able to give Red Sonja the same determined look as Arhian, I believe Red Sonja would have been a better received figure.

I feel like the Snow Soldier suffers from it more. I was able to frame my Sonja's face well with her hair and it gave her a stoic look. I can definitely see peoples picks about Sonja though, I wish her bikini was actually chainlink and not just one chunk, but thankfully chain ones aren't difficult to find. Her face is kind of expressionless, but then again most of the figures recently seem to be that way. I currently have Sonja, Sparta, Demon Huntress, Mercy Dante, Lady death, and Laura II, with Goddess of Death and Quiet (MGS5) on the way. Of all these figures The only ones that really have any expression is Lady Death and Mercy. (except goddess, but she is crying with her eyes closed), and Mercy's is only a subtle smirk.

That being said, I really like this sculpt. The armor looks well thought out and not just "Bikini Armor Mark IV". Sparta and Demon Huntress and Valkyrie suffer from that problem. Very similar looking. Finally I will have a good looking blonde! (I like Valkyries head but not the outfit, and I like Snow Soldiers outfit but not the head. lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Joos3d View Post
    I feel like the Snow Soldier suffers from it more. I was able to frame my Sonja's face well with her hair and it gave her a stoic look. I can definitely see peoples picks about Sonja though, I wish her bikini was actually chainlink and not just one chunk, but thankfully chain ones aren't difficult to find. Her face is kind of expressionless, but then again most of the figures recently seem to be that way. I currently have Sonja, Sparta, Demon Huntress, Mercy Dante, Lady death, and Laura II, with Goddess of Death and Quiet (MGS5) on the way. Of all these figures The only ones that really have any expression is Lady Death and Mercy. (except goddess, but she is crying with her eyes closed), and Mercy's is only a subtle smirk.

That being said, I really like this sculpt. The armor looks well thought out and not just "Bikini Armor Mark IV". Sparta and Demon Huntress and Valkyrie suffer from that problem. Very similar looking. Finally I will have a good looking blonde! (I like Valkyries head but not the outfit, and I like Snow Soldiers outfit but not the head. lol)
    --

Buy them all and mix and match to your heart's content.

Nice! Actually stunning! As much as I like the Phicen seamless bodies, I had given up on their heads. And while this still has a little bit of an art quality rather than pure realism, it is real enough, and beautiful and determined at the same time.

Really? Looks like a bad rehash....
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

I actually like this figure...not $170 worth of like,but I like it...I don't see many boxed figures that catch my eye but for some reason this one does...I think she'd fit really well in "The Thriax"...

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    If PHICEN was able to give Red Sonja the same determined look as Arhian, I believe Red Sonja would have been a better received figure.
    100 percent agree. In my humble opinion, Phicen was making bland head sculpts and then Mercy Dante came along and caught my eye. And now this one is even better. Hopefully they will start making improvements with their executive replicas also.
    "When people run in circles
    It's a very, very Mad World."

Quote Originally Posted by crusader1xxx View Post
    Really? Looks like a bad rehash....
    --

How so (please explain/provide details)?

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsrcoll78 View Post
    Hopefully, they will start making improvements with their (1:6 offerings from) Executive Replicas also.
    --

I believe those @$$holes at Executive Replicas is hindering PHICEN along with the ignorance of PHICEN's owner, but I digress.

PHICEN is a company that proved they can do well, but they don't necessarily have a strong in house design and marketing team and they certainly have no clue when it comes to legitimate and real customer interactions and service so they're simply relying on the strength of key products/releases with the expectations collectors like us and then some will simply buy them like legions of HT collectors/cult followers.

Do we need two threads on this?

PHICEN 1/6 Arhian Head Huntress Action Figure (PL2016-85)

Perhaps the mods can merge them togther.

I think Chung ninja'd Zipcoolio. It happens.

Would be nice to see a merger if the mods have the ability to do that on this board.

I don't always like the result, but I really enjoy how phicen tries different expressions on their headsculpts, when they could stick to a neutral face as any expression is "risky" in terms of sales. I hope more brands will go this way, offering, smiling, laughing, crying figures...

kind of like this figure...not sure if I will buy it. 166.00 is a lot for a figure that is reusing the same muscular body over and over again. no one is a bigger fan of Phicen as I am, but how many of this same body do I need? I really wish Phicen would do a different version of their female muscular body. How about one with a tad more meat on her bone. no I do not want her fat. but the could make her a bit thicker. again Phicen is my main source for my 1/6th habit these days but I have 23 of these muscular body I really don't need anymore. the only definite on my list right now is the Vamperilla. depending on the sculpt maybe the Lady Spartan 2

A bit more muscle definition would certainly be appreciated by me.

If you've got any artistic talent, you could add muscle details yourself. I did that with my sparta figure and she looks hawt and rawk hard, If you use a water based paint (like the kind for painting tabletop miniatures) and you make very fine lines, as it dries/sets it will naturally spread/smooth itself out giving it a natural look. A few lines alone the bicep/tricep seam and on her abs and she looks pretty cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Joos3d View Post
    If you've got any artistic talent, you could add muscle details yourself. I did that with my sparta figure and she looks hawt and rawk hard, If you use a water based paint (like the kind for painting tabletop miniatures) and you make very fine lines, as it dries/sets it will naturally spread/smooth itself out giving it a natural look. A few lines alone the bicep/tricep seam and on her abs and she looks pretty cut.
    please post some pictures if you can.

So I took a look on eBay for this figure (fully realizing it would be a distant preorder), and it seems like the common price is actually trending at $260+.
    I like it, but that much? I might have to settle for the head sculpt, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    So I took a look on eBay for this figure (fully realizing it would be a distant preorder), and it seems like the common price is actually trending at $260+.
    I like it, but that much? I might have to settle for the head sculpt, if that.
    --

The MSRP is approximately $170.00 USD like the recently announced figures (i.e. Captain Sparta & Pain Killer Jane).

If you're seeing a trending price of $260.00 USD for a figure that has yet to be released (i.e. pre-order) and there are those who actually want to overpay, then by all means go ahead. It's their money.

It's gotten to a point I need stop applying common sense and logic to such behavior and rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesparrow View Post
    I think Chung ninja'd Zipcoolio. It happens.

Would be nice to see a merger if the mods have the ability to do that on this board.
    --

Why that is the greatest and nicest compliment I received from you my friend.

I "ninja'd" somebody.

I thought it would be more like I "DFC'd" somebody.

Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD

In hand photos.
    -

Arhian just arrived just a couple of hours ago. Arhian - WHAT THE!!!
    -

Red Sonja - Who are you what are you doing here - This is my domain!!!
    -

Scarlett to Sonja - As your General - STAND DOWN SOLDIER!!! And as your friend she could probably could kick your @ss anyway.

Nonsense!

Let them disarm, disrobe, and lather down in oil and wrestle for dominance!

Nice pics. Jeez, who are you ordering from? You always seem to get these things a month or more before I ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    Nice pics. Jeez, who are you ordering from? You always seem to get these things a month or more before I ever do.
    --

Yes.

Inquiring minds want to know.