Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Dream Power US Army 75th Ranger Regiment Special Operations Vehicle (RSOV)

Dream Power US Army 75th Ranger Regiment Special Operations Vehicle (RSOV)

This vehicle actually isn’t a new release, it was announced and released in 2013-2014 but the promotion and news never really reached out to 1/6 community, stumbled upon this on BBICN and dug around for more info. Here are a couple things about the vehicle from Dream Power themselves:

Dreampower has made great efforts to develop the RSOV models, more than ten thousands copper tools were used in developing mold. The molds are designed to one piece mold with main accessories in case any information caused as the length of car models up to 2000px.Since the whole size of the model is as big as 2000px,main materials used are stronger ABS plastics instead of the PS plastic. Those more detailed accessories to enhance realistic effects are made by metal which has risen up the cost a lot. In addition, specific molds for screws and nuts are specially made for better assembling. For a single RSOV car model, there are over 1,500 assembly parts including up to 300 mental parts which needs over 300 processes to accomplish. The zinc alloy made gun mounted on top of the roll bar is movable as same to the steering system which set with metal push rod, there is a universal joint connecting the steering wheel and push rod to achieve a real car’ steering ratio. Dashboard, which is embedded with LED light, is highly simulated by using the translucent material making the color printing instrument panels so as to achieve a real-view effect. Tailor-made waterproof seat covers and the seatbelts and the rear frame bucket belt. One car model also has made of around 120 specific molded metal zinc alloy including the bell, of which the mental cover is painted under 380-degree. Molded tire follows the same way to produce a view-effect of the real rubber tire. The front engine cover is openable and is embedded with a four-cylinder diesel engine with turbo. For more detailed information please visit our website.

Dreampower developed and produced limited RSOV static models worldwide this time. These models are assembled products presenting mild old painting effect. We provide reworking service for specific senior players.

In view of the cause of the manpower and production cost, DreamPower decided to adjust the total production quantity now, by the original plans to limit the total quantity of RSOV up to 3000pcs, and the revised production plans are that the dumb gray standard version will be 699pcs, the US army green will be 100pcs, the desert khaki will be 50pcs and the Three-color camouflage will be 50pcs. Plus, there will be 50pcs which is the super master edition and is an ultimate dream edition for super model fans, and this version will be severely battle damage and old treatment aesthetic effect which will be designed and decorated by top model masters.

Special prompt:The LED version is temporarily unavailable to North America and European markets until further notice.

Price: 23,800CNY = ~$3,500USD

Re: Dream Power US Army 75th Ranger Regiment Special Operations Vehicle (RSOV)

damn this is amazing!!! Love it!! Just wish could afford one - I'd love this in my collection
    1:6th is like the Mafia...you can't ever leave it....alive

www.hellblazer.biz

Now that was clearly a labor of love...or madness...probably both!
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

Definitely get your money's worth, right down to that carrying case. At this point, the RSOV is the most impressive piece of 1:6 scale modern military transport I have seen (admittedly, I am prejudiced regarding the Land Rover base). I shall just have to look on in appreciation, but wish them good fortune with this enterprise.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

That looks amazing! Ever since I got a Ranger book (I forget the title but it was the one that Dragon heavily referenced) with pictures of those in it I have always been fascinated with them.

Wow, now that is cool...and way over my budget. I like the desert variant a lot.
    "Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum."
    -Flavius Vegetius Renatus-

Loved

The details make it look 1:1
    "Sólo le pido a Dios, que la guerra no me sea indiferente, es un monstruo grande y pisa fuerte toda la pobre inocencia de la gente. " - Leon Gieco

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    Definitely get your money's worth, right down to that carrying case. At this point, the RSOV is the most impressive piece of 1:6 scale modern military transport I have seen (admittedly, I am prejudiced regarding the Land Rover base). I shall just have to look on in appreciation, but wish them good fortune with this enterprise.
    I thought it looked like a Landie Defender lurking under there. I wonder if they might do a bog-standard Landie - or a WMIK - in the future?

This beasty's brilliance is matched only by its carrying case. That is how you protect and store something like this for shipping (or moving it into a bigger home which you will definitely need).

I can buy a decent used 1:1 car for that amount.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

I've wanted a Taowan WMIK do do this exact conversion. Now I have to just save up for one of these for may Ranger squad. This is freaking fantastic in so many ways.

This is more expensive than my last car hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver View Post
    This beasty's brilliance is matched only by its carrying case. That is how you protect and store something like this for shipping (or moving it into a bigger home which you will definitely need).
    I think I might have to have this. When it arrives you can come over and play too.