Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: OneSixthSlaves

OneSixthSlaves

Anyone know what happened to OneSixthSlaves? It was fine yesterday but it is down today. ProBoards seem to think that the entire site has been deleted.

Forum Admin Deleted - OneSixthSlaves

Re: OneSixthSlaves

Yes indeed OSS has pulled up its tent pegs and rode off into the setting sun.
    you were comrades true and indivisible

I'm glad I locally saved the Nam kitbash contest. They had some good entries.
    Trade Feedback - Random WIP's
    "Shouldn't this guy have a goatee and a Glock?" - MediumMack *()* "[...] a 1/6 Aberdeen Proving Ground" - JTFazz

Interesting, I was just on there last week talking to a few admins.

No hint at all that this was happening.

Another board where people could share the hobby goes bye bye. I wasn't a frequent poster there but did share from time to time. Not sure how the operator was with others but he didn't do me wrong. With the hobby getting more expensive and fewer people joining up it is a shame that we lost another place to meet up and converse about the hobby.

jeff (Geppetto)

That's a shame. I only made a few posts there but I liked to keep an eye on Weylen's custom section of the board.
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

Maybe we could lure some of the regulars over here.

If its gone for good, then thats a shame as it had some really fantastic work on there.
    I pose dollies, we take pics!
    www.vonabt.co.uk

It was really diverse with the amount of Western bashes, it's a shame it's gone.

I joined last year, got abused and banned for making a simple comment, that said, i thought the site was great the Vietnam section was really good and participation was excellent. The abuse and negative feedback from the admin was only going to make this site fail, just a matter of time. So Where are all you exOSS Vietnam afficiandos???? Come back to the OSW and participate, judging from the Dam Toys M60 Vietnam Marine release, there is plenty of you on here. Dont be shy , get amongst it!!!!

I had joined there last month for their Vietnam gear Campaign and now the site has gone.... They had excellent Vietnam Figures done so far and it is a pitty the site was closed or better powdered ;-). The 1/6 communitiy is an endangered species ;-).
    I am glad i have saved all of their Vietnam photos on my hard disk.

I was an admin there.
    It was a surprise to myself and the other admins who I'm able to contact as well. Some have dropped off with the forum, which, along with the Facebook page, have disappeared over night.

Another Ex-Admin and myself are making a new Facebook group up though, focusing on Vietnam, called Grunt Six Actual. We only just booted it up yesterday, so it's in early, and rather bare stages, but it's a beginning.
    We're undecided just yet if we will take to another forum page or keep it a Facebook only group.

Instead of fragmenting the hobby with multiple forums, it makes more sense to congregate in one place. I'm sure you guys would be welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by shazzdan View Post
    Instead of fragmenting the hobby with multiple forums, it makes more sense to congregate in one place. I'm sure you guys would be welcome here.
    Oh don't worry, fragmentation isn't our intent, the Facebook page is just for easy convenience, you will likely see some more of our members and projects returning here to OSW.

Just like what we collect in terms of niches/themes . . . the same applies for cliques among members when it comes to focusing on niches/themes.

If some want to go their own way, then fine.

If some choose to return or visit, then fine.

While I can understand the need/want for a callous comment of you got what you deserved, the point remains what purpose does that serve asides from some meaningless self-satisfaction?
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

good idea. outta here!!

peace out
    miguel

(3/14) (6/14) (4/15) (2/16) (7/16) (1/17) (3/17)

That which transpired on OSS is just that, good and bad. If anyone needs to know more, that can be handled by PMs or emails. Keep the ill feelings contained, or for somewhere else. As for other forums, there are numbers of those, just as there are FB page forums. One sixth scale will never be a major factor in the scheme of things, but we not only can weather the existence of other forums, the hobby usually benefits from them.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

In the spirit of the 1:6 hobby, how about a Vietnam theme for March within the OSW?

Create and post a custom/kitbash during March with a Vietnam theme.

Encourage those from OneSixthSlaves and elsewhere to join (or revisit).

Just my $.02 worth.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    In the spirit of the 1:6 hobby, how about a Vietnam theme for March within the OSW?

Create and post a custom/kitbash during March with a Vietnam theme.

Encourage those from OneSixthSlaves and elsewhere to join (or revisit).

Just my $.02 worth.
    Dude - we already have a Nam contest with several hundred dollars worth of prizes running literally right now.
    I even invited OSS members to participate, as Pickle Munkey can attest. What happened on OSS is in the past.
    "Shouldn't this guy have a goatee and a Glock?" - MediumMack *()* "[...] a 1/6 Aberdeen Proving Ground" - JTFazz

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Collector View Post
    Dude - we already have a Nam contest with several hundred dollars worth of prizes running literally right now.
    I even invited OSS members to participate, as Pickle Munkey can attest. What happened on OSS is in the past.
    Yep Ryan did reach out, but when I ran it past the admin he opted not to help participate.
    Since we're under new management, I can check with the other guys at Grunt Six Actual.
    Myself I would have no issue in spreading the 'Nam around.

Well, there goes DFC's sincere attempt at bridge-building. History will record that this is where OSW2 began hurling into the abyss.
    You are
    What you do

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    Well, there goes DFC's sincere attempt at bridge-building. History will record that this is where OSW2 began hurling into the abyss.
    I think Ryan and I are on the same page, focusing on leaving what happened behind us and moving forward with the hobby.
    There's zero animosity or anything for me, just a want to get back to having fun with my figures.

EH . . .

I tried.

The road to 1:6 HELL is paved with good intentions.

What's with the 1:6 handbasket and where are we going?

What's with the 1:6 handbasket and where are we going?

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle Munkey View Post
    I think Ryan and I are on the same page, focusing on leaving what happened behind us and moving forward with the hobby.
    There's zero animosity or anything for me, just a want to get back to having fun with my figures.
    No problem, PM. I was just enjoying a bit of Python-esque humour, concerning our Mr. DFC...oh the irony...
    You are
    What you do

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    No problem, PM. I was just enjoying a bit of Python-esque humour, concerning our Mr. DFC...oh the irony...
    --

Yeah.

No kidding.

I actually try to do a good/right thing and look how it ends up.

Go figure.

--

Yeah.

No kidding.

I actually try to do a good/right thing and look how it ends up.

Go figure.
    DFC - I apologize if I sounded a bit annoyed. The ideas you suggested were good, it's just that they both had already been started months ago. The 'Nam contest was started at Christmas and the OSS outreach occurred in January. There's a lot going on with OSW, so it's an easy thing to miss. No sweat

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Collector View Post
    DFC - I apologize if I sounded a bit annoyed. The ideas you suggested were good, it's just that they both had already been started months ago. The 'Nam contest was started at Christmas and the OSS outreach occurred in January. There's a lot going on with OSW, so it's an easy thing to miss. No sweat
    --

No worries.

So much going and not enough attention span at times.