Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Need Help Setting Up Damtoys British Army in Afghanistan 78033

Need Help Setting Up Damtoys British Army in Afghanistan 78033

Hi Everybody,

I just started collecting 1/6 military figures again, BBI Prowler being the last figure I bought, and I just bought Damtoys British Army in Afghanistan as my first figure back. I had a question about the pouches and how they stick on the vest. Is there a more permanent way to keep the pouches attached to the vest? I find the straps keep slipping off when I try to attach the pouch that's supposed to go next to it. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Re: Need Help Setting Up Damtoys British Army in Afghanistan 78033

The pouch straps are woven through the straps on the chosen location.
    For example: the first strap is placed on the vest and pulled through the first attachment loop, the same strap is then pulled through the first loop on the pouch, the strap then goes through the vest's second loop, the pouch's second loop and so on until attached.

Check out MOLLE attachment on youtube.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Great, thank you for the reply, that makes a lot of sense. Is there a particular tool that you guys use to help weave the straps in since they're so tiny?

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

As mentioned above - any MOLLE video will tell you the method for a secure, lasting attachment method that also lets you change it up if you want in the future.

I personally use things like tweezers or nail scissors. Anything that's small but sturdy enough to push the material through the loops. It is a very slow and sometimes frustrating process but well worth it.

Perfect, thanks for both your responses.

Some who detest MOLLE, prefer to glue the pouches on, but the process of weaving the straps builds character (slight giggle). They also are quite solid after weaving. An alternative to the tweezers and nail scissors (quite good recommendations), is a small steel wire with a hook or eye, that will pass thru the vest loops. Then the straps can be carefully pulled thru.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Quote Originally Posted by Smacky View Post
    Great, thank you for the reply, that makes a lot of sense. Is there a particular tool that you guys use to help weave the straps in since they're so tiny?
    If you get a set of flat tip (also marketed as precision) tweezers they will make your job much easier. Sometimes you'll find the odd section where the stitching is in consistently sized on the webbing, making getting the strap through a tight fit. What you can do is fold the end of the strap in half to reduce the diameter then pull through. With tweezers like this if you get a set with thin enough tips you can often get them between the stitches. A cheap magnifying desk lamp is a good assist as well as it makes it much easier.

Need Help Setting Up Damtoys British Army in Afghanistan 78033-blunt-flat-tip-tweezer-120mm-500x500-jpg
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    Some who detest MOLLE, prefer to glue the pouches on, but the process of weaving the straps builds character (slight giggle). They also are quite solid after weaving. An alternative to the tweezers and nail scissors (quite good recommendations), is a small steel wire with a hook or eye, that will pass thru the vest loops. Then the straps can be carefully pulled thru.
    Yeah looks like I'll have to glue the front pouch that holds part of the radio set? to the vest, there's a single strap and it's flimsy. But all in all, all of you are very correct, I spent about 5 hours or so weaving most of the pouches on correctly and they stick very well and look awesome. I'm sure once I finish putting all the kit together it's going to look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
    If you get a set of flat tip (also marketed as precision) tweezers they will make your job much easier. Sometimes you'll find the odd section where the stitching is in consistently sized on the webbing, making getting the strap through a tight fit. What you can do is fold the end of the strap in half to reduce the diameter then pull through. With tweezers like this if you get a set with thin enough tips you can often get them between the stitches. A cheap magnifying desk lamp is a good assist as well as it makes it much easier.

Need Help Setting Up Damtoys British Army in Afghanistan 78033-blunt-flat-tip-tweezer-120mm-500x500-jpg
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pick one up from the local hobby store. You're right about the inconsistent sizes, especially on the ammo pouches I have. I ended up powering the strap through the webbing. Frustrating at times, and my fingers are sore, but very rewarding at the end

Silly question, how does the "crotch protector" hook on? Do I loop the velcro on the back to the inside of the vest?

Should go with the belt on his trousers

Oh just thread the straps through, already! Hahaha
    tomorrow is a mystery, the past is history, now is the "gift" thats why they call it the present!