Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it now forbidden to discuss controversial figures on OSW?

Re: Is it now forbidden to discuss controversial figures on OSW?

Maybe he (and others) could be discussed in a special thread....called "Reality TV Show Celebrities".....after all, that is his biggest claim to fame......nothing political about that.....
    Last edited by onesixthpolice; 02-14-2017 at 21:35.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

GOLLY!

I feel like I've been complimented and insulted (in a good joking ribbing way) simultaneously!

It's euphoric like farting and sneezing at the same time!

Just one observation.

No one went into a 1:6 (or political diatribe) when HT produced and their one of their basic TT male bodies with head sculpt clearly inspired by the former President Obama?

Last I checked, that figure still fetches a good bit of change loose or mint in package.
    Uh...yeah....that's how the comment was intended.

There must have been some comments about that figure (I had no interest at the time, so didn't read anything about it), however there is a difference between a body with a head that looks like someone and a complete figure packaged/marked as that person. I'm not sure if the boxed accessorized piece is still in demand, though it's unclear to me how that relates to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Mike, I'm not the only one that sees a double standard here. The admins didn't create it, but it still exists if they aren't willing to deal with bad behavior rather than shut down threads dealing with controversial figures. Even if there was no directive that the figure not be discussed in other threads, it's kind of a moot point if the primary announcement thread for the figure is shut down, because nothing will prevent those with no self control from having those subsequent threads shut down as well. Mike, we've had many discussions outside of the forum and I believe that you know me well enough to know that I respect you and the rest of the staff here. However, that respect doesn't mean that I don't occasionally disagree with some of the decisions made by staff concerning the forum. As an active member of the forum, I felt that it was proper to bring the issue of how controversial figures are discussed (or not discussed) to the forefront by creating this thread so that the issue can be discussed in a civil manner.

Unfortunately, we now live in an era where bad behavior is often excused if it can be linked to politics. Unaccounted for bad behavior, just happens to be something that really grinds me, partly because I spent decades working in a career field where extremely bad and often violent behavior is something that I encountered on a nearly daily basis. Fortunately I was in a position to make sure that those responsible, were often held accountable for their words or actions. All things considered, I simply don't understand how anyone can fail to see a double standard if we are allowed to discuss figures of individuals responsible for mass genocide such as Hitler and Stalin or an individual such as Guevara that was Castro's chief executioner and responsible for the deaths of thousands of political dissidents but we can't discuss a figure of the current US Commander in Chief.
    The double standard I eluded to was in regard to posts, not full threads. I personally have no problem at all with discussion of FIGURES. Discussion and debates about the actual people in general discussion, no matter who they are or what they did, is out of place.
    Discussion of a historical nature (I would think) could take place to some extent in the "Off-Topic" forum.

Yes, we agree the people you named were bad guys. But its a free country. Some company made figures and some people want to talk about the figures. Like you said, we talk about figures, and conversations about the figures are within the rules. It's when talk veers away from 1/6, any 1/6, that the threads are terminated. If you've seen threads to the contrary, maybe it's a case of the mods/admins simply missing them.

Quote Originally Posted by onesixthpolice View Post
    Maybe he (and others) could be discussed in a special thread....called "Reality TV Show Celebrities".....after all, that is his biggest claim to fame......nothing political about that.....
    Let me just say I disagree with this post.
    "Grant us wisdom from Thy mind, courage from Thine heart, strength from Thine arm, and protection by Thine hand. It is for Thee that we do battle, and to Thee belongs the victor's crown. For Thine is the kingdom, & the power & glory forever, Amen." SF Prayer

G Dub " Naval Aviator" : HUGE financial flop, AWESOME way to get high quality pilot and gear. I have scored 2 in the last month for $30 and $25.

Hoping " The Donald " figure fails as spectacularly. Getting some nice three piece suits, one sixth scale Tribbles and a starting point for a custom Alec Baldwin in one bargain priced closeout figure? Sweet.
    Q: What did Yoda say during his performance review at McD's ?

A: Judge me, by my fries, do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joebros View Post
    (I didn't see much comment about the Putin figure someone [DiD?] made, maybe I missed it).
    That maybe be due to the fact that the DiD Putin was so far from realitiy... that no one could recognize him.

I have too posted in this special thread and my post was deleted too. In my opinon there was no political statement, not aggressiv or anything else. I donīt like or better need this Figure in my 1/6 collection like many others and in this case i donīt like the real the person. Thatīs all. It is an argument about a Figure and the real person represented in 1/6 scale but not with an political background. That is a big difference. I donīt say anything about his political party, agenda or anything in this direction. Also i could say i donīt like Darth Vader and the Imperium. Is this a political statement or is it something completly different because it is a movie Figure?

You open an thread about an 1/6 Figure which shows the current american president which is political as its best and you donīt want any political comments? That is a little paradox to me an funny too.

If you post an military or movie Figure you could also say please donīt say anything about war, weapons, about the movie or anything else. Than just show the Figures and cancel the Reply function.

Just my two cents about that topic and this is not political for you i hope....i will see it when my post was deleted again ;-).

I tried to stay away from that topic because I think we can discuss political figures just like any other figure, as long as we limit the debate and discussion to "the figure"

In that way I totally disagree with you @braddock, in example when a thread is opened about iron man or indiana jones or whatever movie figure, it's a place to discuss the figure, not the actor's career, opinions, or even the quality of the movie he's in. A thread about trump's figure should be a place to talk about sculpt accuracy, paint app, tailoring... not politics. (and your military example is even worse...)

If I don't like darth vader and the imperium, that's my right, but coming to a 1/6th dedicated forum, into a thread dedicated to a darth vader figure, just to share "I don't like it because the movie sucks" or "it sucks because I hate the real person"... It's off-topic, useless, provocative...

just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiacivan View Post
    G Dub " Naval Aviator" : HUGE financial flop, AWESOME way to get high quality pilot and gear. I have scored 2 in the last month for $30 and $25.

Hoping " The Donald " figure fails as spectacularly. Getting some nice three piece suits, one sixth scale Tribbles and a starting point for a custom Alec Baldwin in one bargain priced closeout figure? Sweet.
    Just couldn't help yourself could you? The jabs aren't as subtle as you might think.
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joebros View Post
    ...The double standard I eluded to was in regard to posts, not full threads. I personally have no problem at all with discussion of FIGURES. Discussion and debates about the actual people in general discussion, no matter who they are or what they did, is out of place.
    Discussion of a historical nature (I would think) could take place to some extent in the "Off-Topic" forum.

Yes, we agree the people you named were bad guys. But its a free country. Some company made figures and some people want to talk about the figures. Like you said, we talk about figures, and conversations about the figures are within the rules. It's when talk veers away from 1/6, any 1/6, that the threads are terminated. If you've seen threads to the contrary, maybe it's a case of the mods/admins simply missing them.
    I'm not sure that we are seeing a different double standard. What I'm referring to is the fact that certain individuals can act like idiots and post whatever comments they feel like making, to the point that a thread concerning a controversial figure gets shut down. However, when other figures are discussed that some of us don't particularly like or find offensive, we still act like adults and the thread is allowed to run it's course. I don't care what controversial figure we are discussing or whether some of us think it's in bad taste or not, members should be held accountable for their comments, no matter what their political or ideological leanings may be. The purpose of this thread wasn't to accuse the staff of pandering to any particular crowd based on political beliefs. If it was taken that way then I apologize but that wasn't my intention. I just want to see those that act poorly held accountable so that the rest of us can discuss the merits or failings of any particular figure. Also some, including myself, have mentioned that some members just might not be able to control themselves. After thinking about that just a bit, I believe that it is complete BS. They can control themselves just fine but like the childish @sshats that they are, they choose not to do so.
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

Just couldn't help yourself could you? The jabs aren't as subtle as you might think.
    Well, considering I used a club.......

The info on the George Bush is true, the figure was a failure and I have been keeping my eyes peeled for them. The BBI pilot uniform is very,very good. Based on the number of pieces-parts I have purchased, I may have to only two that were never parted out. I am not claiming the failure was political in nature. It may, in fact, have been that he was NOT a Naval Aviator, but an Air National Guard pilot operating from an Air Force base. The inaccuracy of the boxs description would be sufficient for most people to skip the item.

Regardless of how this particular subject pans out on OSW, I'm afraid to tell you this character is unlikely to be overly popular long term even if it happens to be a favorite of yours. I don't believe the Obama figure set any records either and I have seen the podium, suits, and microphones for sale at very attractive prices. eBay seller "Shoporiental" uses the head sculpt as a mannequin for their ads.
    Since my comments are not about political popularity, but the viability of the figure, I will ( as is my nature ) apologize if I have hurt your feelings ( or others ) for joking about kitbashing this item, a tried and true 1/6 past time.
    If it makes you feel better, the Hilary dolls bombed as well, but the figure was not a high quality, accessoriessed item and has no actual bashing potential, IMHO.
    Last edited by Pontiacivan; 02-15-2017 at 08:14. Reason: Clarification

If A few users make an off comment, then the mods deal with those users. If the entire thread turns into an uncontrollable s**tshow, then the mods shut down the entire thread. They're adjusting the amount of force needed to deal with the size of the situation. IMHO That's not a double standard, that's two different situations.

Controversial Figures

I just read again this old thread, very interesting, even "enlighting" (I just hope we don't see a zombie trump figure too soon or it's gonna be civil war )

"Controversial Figures" . . .

I started in the 1:6 hobby back in 1998.

21STCT started around 1998 and began to ramp their brand/identity in 1999. One of their anticipated 1:6 offerings at the time was a realistic "terrorist"/"villain" wearing a black trench coat. Call it bad circumstances and timing, but the horrific Columbine school occurred around the same time.

The figure was planned to be stocked by big box retailers . . . initially. Due to the tragedy, the figure never saw light of day retail and caused a business set back to 21STCT. A few online retailers offered it discreetly. For a while, the figure was considered a "commodity" in terms of trending where some took advantage of its notoriety and it supposedly fetched outrageous prices.

Just a random remembrance.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Speaking as a mod here, I can tell you this job is harder then you think. Between my 1:1 life, my own 1/6th projects and everything else, I have very little time to spend going though each and every thread looking for "bad" comments. Most of the time we only get involved if there is a complaint. Have we missed stuff, yes. Have we made some bad decisions, yes. But in the end we try and let this place police itself. Most here are good members who know the difference, who have restraint, and really only want to share and discuss our hobby. There is however a small % that have their own agenda and get what ever it is out of disruption and belittling of other members. Do we catch everyone..no we don't. Political figures by their vary nature, bring controversy,

I think for the most part this is still a great place to come, share and post your stuff. If you think there is a double standard, step up and join our (Staff) ranks. We need a few more staff members to help us out.
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

On this episode of OSW . . .

Picture courtesy of pukingdog . . .

"Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

The info on the George Bush is true, the figure was a failure and I have been keeping my eyes peeled for them. The BBI pilot uniform is very,very good. Based on the number of pieces-parts I have purchased, I may have to only two that were never parted out. I am not claiming the failure was political in nature. It may, in fact, have been that he was NOT a Naval Aviator, but an Air National Guard pilot operating from an Air Force base. The inaccuracy of the boxs description would be sufficient for most people to skip the item.

Regardless of how this particular subject pans out on OSW, I'm afraid to tell you this character is unlikely to be overly popular long term even if it happens to be a favorite of yours. I don't believe the Obama figure set any records either and I have seen the podium, suits, and microphones for sale at very attractive prices. eBay seller "Shoporiental" uses the head sculpt as a mannequin for their ads.
    Since my comments are not about political popularity, but the viability of the figure, I will ( as is my nature ) apologize if I have hurt your feelings ( or others ) for joking about kitbashing this item, a tried and true 1/6 past time.
    If it makes you feel better, the Hilary dolls bombed as well, but the figure was not a high quality, accessoriessed item and has no actual bashing potential, IMHO.
    . Just to be factually correct on the reference point of the Obama, AYMK actually there were two. The DiD kitted and semi-diorama-ized figure was kind of poor even by DiD's own standards at the time. The HT on the other hand was very good but it was their AA nude with an Obama head, the way random celebrity sculpt are sometimes used. The HT Obama figure got around, but did people buy it for Obama, or for the AA body that is still a bit underserved? I got 2, one for each purpose. Some people complained because reasonably Obama was too recognizable to serve as a general soldier.

As to Trump, I think any controversy in the marketplace would be lessened if he was just sold as a headsculpt or something like that. As for any controversy re pictures on OSW I guess that would remain an issue whether they sell just a head, or this DiD figure, or anything else. I think even the old "talking celebrity" figure of DJT has become retroactively risky.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Damn, I didn't even realize the 1:6 Trump thread was deleted.

To be fair, since the figure is still in early production stages there really ain't much to discuss about ('strictly narrowed down' within 1:6 realm) except to comment on quality in particular of the headsculpt just based on DID promo images.

It looks decent, the hair may need a little more work. I will pre-order 2 sets... I got 1:6 plans in mind.

As far as for the ladies which DFC was more concerned about, as I've suggested Phicen, ENToys or even HT will do a fine 1:6 Melania and Ivanka.

Forget Kellyanne, a weathered Barbie will do

That's my way of posting a "conditions warning" flag, as a service to the few occasional visitors to OSW Down. Drastically reduces the wordage.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpool View Post
    Controversial Figures

I just read again this old thread, very interesting, even "enlighting" (I just hope we don't see a zombie trump figure too soon or it's gonna be civil war )
    Thanks blackpool. That was a good read, and one more thing that reminds me how much I miss so many of those members. We knew each other, and I think we had a combination of thicker skin, easier sense of humor, and a better understanding of why we were here.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Ipkevin View Post
    If A few users make an off comment, then the mods deal with those users. If the entire thread turns into an uncontrollable s**tshow, then the mods shut down the entire thread. They're adjusting the amount of force needed to deal with the size of the situation. IMHO That's not a double standard, that's two different situations.
    Thank you. I was thinking precisely the same thing. IMHO you pretty much nailed it.

And to PD's latest point, I agree there used to be a bit more familiarity between some of the older members because we'd actually be able to meet up at things like Weekend of Heroes. Familiarity from actually meeting a person breeds a certain degree of comfort (if not a thicker skin) and you can disagree (sometimes even passionately) without taking or giving offense too easily. The community might be a bit bigger now - even more diverse - and that's good. But it also means more strangers and skins unfortunately seem more thin.

I'm not sure that we are seeing a different double standard. What I'm referring to is the fact that certain individuals can act like idiots and post whatever comments they feel like making, to the point that a thread concerning a controversial figure gets shut down. However, when other figures are discussed that some of us don't particularly like or find offensive, we still act like adults and the thread is allowed to run it's course. I don't care what controversial figure we are discussing or whether some of us think it's in bad taste or not, members should be held accountable for their comments, no matter what their political or ideological leanings may be. The purpose of this thread wasn't to accuse the staff of pandering to any particular crowd based on political beliefs. If it was taken that way then I apologize but that wasn't my intention. I just want to see those that act poorly held accountable so that the rest of us can discuss the merits or failings of any particular figure. Also some, including myself, have mentioned that some members just might not be able to control themselves. After thinking about that just a bit, I believe that it is complete BS. They can control themselves just fine but like the childish @sshats that they are, they choose not to do so.
    I could not agree more.
    I think you may have answered your own question; "we still act like adults and the thread is allowed to run it's course." It seems one side can "act like adults" and the other side can't, but don't have posts removed. As far as that goes, we do see the same. But it's the replies, not the thread subject that decide how long those threads are open.
    I know pointing at staff wasn't intended, but it's within the natural course of a thread about what's allowed and what's not, because they do the allowing.

This is a good example of my previous comment on "post interpretation." I read Pontiacivan's post and personally found nothing wrong with it (personally. No offense to anyone), because I happen to know that, yes, the BBi GW figure isn't worth much these days and he was speaking on the figure itself. I don't remember how it sold back when it came out.
    To go into the "why" would border on getting my post edited. Perhaps since it was a mass market figure (available at KB toys, if you remember them), there are just more out there. And in a broad sense, figures with recognizable faces (Obama, Trump, etc.) do have limited uses.

"Controversial Figures" . . .

I started in the 1:6 hobby back in 1998.

21STCT started around 1998 and began to ramp their brand/identity in 1999. One of their anticipated 1:6 offerings at the time was a realistic "terrorist"/"villain" wearing a black trench coat. Call it bad circumstances and timing, but the horrific Columbine school occurred around the same time.

The figure was planned to be stocked by big box retailers . . . initially. Due to the tragedy, the figure never saw light of day retail and caused a business set back to 21STCT. A few online retailers offered it discreetly. For a while, the figure was considered a "commodity" in terms of trending where some took advantage of its notoriety and it supposedly fetched outrageous prices.

Just a random remembrance.
    The figure DID come out, but was recalled/pulled due to the shooting. Like you say, VERY bad timing for 21st. Not so much for lost sales, but bad press. They did release a similar figure shortly after with a green jacket in place of the trench coat. The first figure was still available, and was in fact in demand, on the secondary market. The prices were high at first, but like many things have since come WAY down.
    The funny thing is I've seen many more with the trench coat than I have with the green jacket.
    As I recall, 21st had the same bad timing problem with their "Mad Bomber" figure, which also had a limited release.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver View Post
    .........And to PD's latest point, I agree there used to be a bit more familiarity between some of the older members because we'd actually be able to meet up at things like Weekend of Heroes. Familiarity from actually meeting a person breeds a certain degree of comfort (if not a thicker skin) and you can disagree (sometimes even passionately) without taking or giving offense too easily. The community might be a bit bigger now - even more diverse - and that's good. But it also means more strangers and skins unfortunately seem more thin.
    Absolutely right, as PD is absolutely right. There was a more community feel back then, because as the country songs puts it, "everybody knows everybody." Bigger isn't always better.

I miss those days.
    Last edited by Joebros; 02-15-2017 at 22:17.
    "Grant us wisdom from Thy mind, courage from Thine heart, strength from Thine arm, and protection by Thine hand. It is for Thee that we do battle, and to Thee belongs the victor's crown. For Thine is the kingdom, & the power & glory forever, Amen." SF Prayer

You do realize that there was a reason why the Bush figure was in a Naval flight suit, don't you? There was nothing about the figure that had anything to do with Bush's days in the ANG. The flight suit was accurate for the moment that it was meant to depict but I won't go into the details for risk of straying into a political discussion. As for why the figure failed, I have no idea if it was political in nature or not. Nor do I really care because I didn't purchase the figure. My reply was aimed at your later (joking?) comments. As for the success or failure of the Trump figure, I couldn't care less about that or the success or failure of any other politically related figure. I don't collect political figures but that doesn't mean that I don't want to see them discussed. I want to see all threads concerning controversial figures treated in the same manner, by having the trash posts removed and allowing the thread to run it's course. Childish individuals shouldn't be able to shut down a thread, no matter what the figure being discussed may be.
    Last edited by Scimitar; 02-15-2017 at 23:57.

Quote Originally Posted by crusader1xxx View Post
    Speaking as a mod here, I can tell you this job is harder then you think. Between my 1:1 life, my own 1/6th projects and everything else, I have very little time to spend going though each and every thread looking for "bad" comments. Most of the time we only get involved if there is a complaint. Have we missed stuff, yes. Have we made some bad decisions, yes. But in the end we try and let this place police itself. Most here are good members who know the difference, who have restraint, and really only want to share and discuss our hobby. There is however a small % that have their own agenda and get what ever it is out of disruption and belittling of other members. Do we catch everyone..no we don't. Political figures by their vary nature, bring controversy,

I think for the most part this is still a great place to come, share and post your stuff. If you think there is a double standard, step up and join our (Staff) ranks. We need a few more staff members to help us out.
    Thank you for the suggestion concerning joining the staff. I will give it some consideration and get in touch with Mike to find out the particulars before applying for a position. I don't doubt that it's more work than it may at first seem. I've never done anything like that before but I like to think that I could be fair and reasonable when dealing with other members.

You do realize that there was a reason why the Bush figure was in a Naval flight suit, don't you? There was nothing about the figure that had anything to do with Bush's days in the ANG. The flight suit was accurate for the moment that it was meant to depict but I won't go into the details for risk of straying into a political discussion. As for why the figure failed, I have no idea if it was political in nature or not. Nor do I really care because I didn't purchase the figure. My reply was aimed at your later (joking?) comments. As for the success or failure of the Trump figure, I couldn't care less about that or the success or failure of any other politically related figure. I don't collect political figures but that doesn't mean that I don't want to see them discussed. I want to see all threads concerning controversial figures treated in the same manner, by having the trash posts removed and allowing the thread to run it's course. Childish individuals shouldn't be able to shut down a thread, no matter what the figure being discussed may be.
    I guess I just wanted to apologize once more for what appears to be my accidentally offending you. Yes, I ABSOLUTELY understand why the figure was in a Naval Flight suit, and that ( political ) reason is the "forbidden" part of discussing controversial figures. I chose to discuss the figure as a 1/6 resource referring only to the individual, not his personality. Being part of a Navy family that includes pilot friends, you are welcome to PM me and I can explain why the title is still incorrect,the reason I believe purists skipped this figure. The answer is still very much non-political.
    I tried to approach the Trump figure in a similar way. I only pointed out the figures usefullness ( to me) in terms of parts and never made mention of whether it should or should not exist, or about the individual it is patterned after's character or policies. By doing so, my post did not break and rules or stray into dangerous territory, even if my particular form of humor isn't your style.
    I agree that it should be OK to post and discuss this figure, but the "childish" part isn't making fun of a bad toupee (though I think this figure has molded hair.) or mentioning a celebrity impersonator. That is just having a sense of humor. I would make the same joke about some of Shatner's older rugs, and I am quite fond of him as an actor. The unfortunate part comes when someone wants to start discussing the real life individual based on one's personal opinion of their character or policies. I DO believe you get that part, but again, sorry if I hurt your feelings.
    As an aside, I saw a GB aviator on eBay this morning listed as an F-14 pilot for over $100. The figure was displayed with the helmet on,obscuring the face. Since the GB figure used a unique flight suit that BBI did not use on the F-14 figure I know "who" it is. In my opinion, this speaks volumes about how the figure is valued.

You gotta love the "Tribble" reference.

Does it mean we're all going to HELL in a 1:6 handbasket if a picture thread of a 1:6 Trump and Melania ever shows up in the MATURE SECTION?

Does it mean we're all going to HELL in a 1:6 handbasket if a picture thread of a 1:6 Trump and Melania ever shows up in the MATURE SECTION?
    Only if they are watching Maximum Overdrive on the Motel TV set and it's the scene with the drawbridge. ROTFLMAO! THAT, I couldn't help myself over!

If a 1:6 Hillary figure was ever made, would it utilize a female seamless body from PHICEN with a pant suit outfit? Would it have sculpted hair or rooted hair?
    Moot. No one will make that 'nasty' figure since it won't sell well... or it might, who knows.

If a 1:6 Kellyanne figure was ever made, would it utilize a BBI-style movable mouth?

On one hand Trump's drumbeater Stephen Miller definitely looks like the perfect model for a 3R headsculpt...

I guess I just wanted to apologize once more for what appears to be my accidentally offending you. Yes, I ABSOLUTELY understand why the figure was in a Naval Flight suit, and that ( political ) reason is the "forbidden" part of discussing controversial figures. I chose to discuss the figure as a 1/6 resource referring only to the individual, not his personality. Being part of a Navy family that includes pilot friends, you are welcome to PM me and I can explain why the title is still incorrect,the reason I believe purists skipped this figure. The answer is still very much non-political.
    I tried to approach the Trump figure in a similar way. I only pointed out the figures usefullness ( to me) in terms of parts and never made mention of whether it should or should not exist, or about the individual it is patterned after's character or policies. By doing so, my post did not break and rules or stray into dangerous territory, even if my particular form of humor isn't your style.
    I agree that it should be OK to post and discuss this figure, but the "childish" part isn't making fun of a bad toupee (though I think this figure has molded hair.) or mentioning a celebrity impersonator. That is just having a sense of humor. I would make the same joke about some of Shatner's older rugs, and I am quite fond of him as an actor. The unfortunate part comes when someone wants to start discussing the real life individual based on one's personal opinion of their character or policies. I DO believe you get that part, but again, sorry if I hurt your feelings.
    As an aside, I saw a GB aviator on eBay this morning listed as an F-14 pilot for over $100. The figure was displayed with the helmet on,obscuring the face. Since the GB figure used a unique flight suit that BBI did not use on the F-14 figure I know "who" it is. In my opinion, this speaks volumes about how the figure is valued.
    No need for an apology. My skin isn't that thin so no feelings were harmed. When discussing these figures, I get the part that people want to make jokes but those jokes tend to stray into political territory. As an example, a few post after yours, SPEARHEAD mentioned that no one would want a "nasty" Hillary figure. That's just a bit over the line.

@SPEARHEAD - Seriously? Was that comment really necessary?

No need for an apology. My skin isn't that thin so no feelings were harmed. When discussing these figures, I get the part that people want to make jokes but those jokes tend to stray into political territory. As an example, a few post after yours, SPEARHEAD mentioned that no one would want a "nasty" Hillary figure. That's just a bit over the line.

@SPEARHEAD - Seriously? Was that comment really necessary?
    C'mon dude, seriously I thought it was obvious that 'nasty' bit was just a tongue-in-cheek jab nothing more.
    Trump called her that during the campaign, and that was really unnecessary and unpresidential.
    You do realize that 'nasty' label is considered a badge of honor by millions of women who support Hillary.
    She was unfairly maligned, IMHO.

Back to 1:6, now that I think of it I'd probably buy a Hillary figure if they ever make one.
    I already got Hitler, Genghis Khan, Che, Patton, Stalin, Osama Bin Ladin, MLKing, Obama, hopefully soon Trump, so why not Hillary?
    She's an important figure, enough for a Benghazi witchhunt that wasted taxpayers' millions of dollars all for nothing. Unnecessary, bigly!

I might even buy 2, I'll give one to my girl (who voted for her) as gratitude for her buying my DID figures.
    Last edited by SPEARHEAD; 02-16-2017 at 21:25.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEARHEAD View Post
    C'mon dude, seriously I thought it was obvious that 'nasty' bit was just a tongue-in-cheek jab nothing more.
    Trump called her that during the campaign, and that was really unnecessary and unpresidential.
    You do realize that 'nasty' label is considered a badge of honor by millions of women who support Hillary.
    She was unfairly maligned, IMHO.

Back to 1:6, now that I think of it I'd probably buy a Hillary figure if they ever make one.
    I already got Hitler, Genghis Khan, Che, Patton, Stalin, Osama, MLKing, Obama, hopefully soon Trump, so why not Hillary?
    She's an important figure, enough for a Benghazi witchhunt that wasted taxpayers' millions of dollars all for nothing. Unnecessary, bigly!

I might even buy 2, I'll give one to my girl (who voted for her) as gratitude for her buying my DID figures.

The 12 Dreams of Donald Trump (a 1/6 Comedy)
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

[QUOTE=Scimitar;4785488]When discussing these figures, I get the part that people want to make jokes but those jokes tend to stray into political territory.

What else can you expect when the 1:6 subject is a political figure?
    Anyways the figure isn't released yet all we got are production promo photos. What else can we discuss?
    Perhaps some of us can make a product review-headsculpt, articulation, gear, overall quality- once the Trump figure is finally released.

I wasn't joking about Stephen Miller though- that kid do looks like a 3R figure...