Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction

1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction

I have seen a few pictures of this beast in the past. And now it is up for auction. Unfortunately I didn't win the lotto this weekend, so I won't be bidding as I have a few PO items, and a car to pay for.

This is the fully custom RC APC used in Aliens made by the late Chris Chulamanis. I just stumbled on the auction looking for something else. As a huge Aliens fan, this is really tough to not bid on to have with the collection, and as a small piece of Aliens fandom made by a well known member of the Alien/Aliens fan community. I figured I would share here as I know there are a few big fans here as well.

Enjoy.

ICONIC 1/6TH SCALE ALIENS APC RADIO CONTROLLED VEHICLE HOLY GRAIL | eBay

Re: 1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction

Pictures copied with permission from the seller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_573-jpg   1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_572-jpg   1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_57-jpg   1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_574-jpg   1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_575-jpg   1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_576-jpg  

1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_577-jpg   1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_578-jpg   1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_579-jpg   1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_5710-jpg   1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_5711-jpg   1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-$_5712-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by cdn_rhino View Post
    I have seen a few pictures of this beast in the past. And now it is up for auction. Unfortunately I didn't win the lotto this weekend, so I won't be bidding as I have a few PO items, and a car to pay for.

This is the fully custom RC APC used in Aliens made by the late Chris Chulamanis. I just stumbled on the auction looking for something else. As a huge Aliens fan, this is really tough to not bid on to have with the collection, and as a small piece of Aliens fandom made by a well known member of the Alien/Aliens fan community. I figured I would share here as I know there are a few big fans here as well.

Enjoy.

ICONIC 1/6TH SCALE ALIENS APC RADIO CONTROLLED VEHICLE HOLY GRAIL | eBay
    Looks pretty cool. I wonder what the deal is with the crooked back wheels? Other than that looks sweet.

You can see in the pictures that they come off. Not sure if they were damaged or that is just part of it being not completed.

Saw this years ago but forgot that it was an RC. Awesome build!
    So there was no minimum price? Somebody just bid $2000 out of the blue?
    "If symptoms persist... insult your doctor."

Makes my stomach flutter to see this. So nice. Maybe the rear wheels are part of the damage when Ripley tore ass thru that debris in the base.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

According to the description the item is not ready to go and has some missing pieces. It is described as a project; the wheels coming off may be related to it been not fully completed.
    Happily collecting 1:6 modern military since 1998, and not a single HT figure ever bought...

I would love to buy this and finish it up the way it should be but not enough resources at this time. Chris was an awesome guy.

Quote Originally Posted by actionfiguremovies View Post
    Looks pretty cool. I wonder what the deal is with the crooked back wheels? Other than that looks sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdn_rhino View Post
    You can see in the pictures that they come off. Not sure if they were damaged or that is just part of it being not completed.
    The pictures kinda tell the story on the rear wheel. The axle shaft seems too short to support the size of the wheel without a bearing/bushing in at least 2 places. Probably part of the finish work required and not a huge problem for a skilled R/C hobbiest. This is one SWEET model. One of my favorite movie vehicles of all times. I especially liked the turret that moved to the back. Almost as if it was designed to go into a tunnel with limited height. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    Makes my stomach flutter to see this. So nice. Maybe the rear wheels are part of the damage when Ripley tore ass thru that debris in the base.
    Quote Originally Posted by PitViper View Post
    According to the description the item is not ready to go and has some missing pieces. It is described as a project; the wheels coming off may be related to it been not fully completed.
    Q: What did Yoda say during his performance review at McD's ?

A: Judge me, by my fries, do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by callous View Post
    I would love to buy this and finish it up the way it should be but not enough resources at this time. Chris was an awesome guy.
    I totally agree. It would be a fantastic project to pick up and finish in honour of him.

I never had the privilege of meeting Chris, but his reputation among the fans who did, was awesome.

I guess we could just build our own and have an APC motor pool going on..... Oh oh, project wheels are starting to turn.

I wish there were more pics of the inside with some marines, it looks so cool! Amazing build!

A shame to see it in such disarray. It was complete at one point because I remember a video of Chris "driving" it for a bit.
    "I have come here to kick a-s-s and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum"

Yeah, I remember seeing the video clip of this beauty being driven around. It was awe-inspiring. I'm guessing Chris might have been in the middle of an upgrade to the axle assembly, but never got to finish it. It would be nice to see someone with the funds and talent to get 'er running again.

CORRECTION: I see it's been won. May it be in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by callous View Post
    He was a damn good man and a awesome friend. I owe him much...

We on the Aliens Legacy Forum put together a small group in the hopes of buying this and I was going to restore it, but the $2000 bid stunned us. We'd hoped it might be re-listed for less, try afterwards to put some deal together, but it SOLD!

Congratulations to whomever the proud owner of one of Chris' prized creations. Many conversations during late nights...over cold brews or drinks at DragonCon were had over this piece...
    It's a fabulous time to be collecting in 1/6th scale!

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction-belongs-museum-indiana-jones-1435014709-jpg

On a related note, even though it's not 1/6, but this model from Hiya Toys looks pretty sweet too (and a lot more affordable...)

Statues, Action Figures, Model Kits and More

Quote Originally Posted by Sixth Scale View Post
    He was a damn good man and a awesome friend. I owe him much...

We on the Aliens Legacy Forum put together a small group in the hopes of buying this and I was going to restore it, but the $2000 bid stunned us. We'd hoped it might be re-listed for less, try afterwards to put some deal together, but it SOLD!

Congratulations to whomever the proud owner of one of Chris' prized creations. Many conversations during late nights...over cold brews or drinks at DragonCon were had over this piece...
    This is the reason why I wanted to post here. For the people who actually did know and interact with Chris.

I remember watching a video somewhere of it actually moving, out on a street. The resurrection/rebuild would be awesome to watch, or even help with(or do yourself). You would be just the guy to really do this Rex.

That small one looks pretty awesome too. I might have to track one down.