One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1:6 RC Aliens APC by Chris Chulamanis on Ebay Auction

8K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Pickle Munkey 
#1 ·
I have seen a few pictures of this beast in the past. And now it is up for auction. Unfortunately I didn't win the lotto this weekend, so I won't be bidding as I have a few PO items, and a car to pay for.

This is the fully custom RC APC used in Aliens made by the late Chris Chulamanis. I just stumbled on the auction looking for something else. As a huge Aliens fan, this is really tough to not bid on to have with the collection, and as a small piece of Aliens fandom made by a well known member of the Alien/Aliens fan community. I figured I would share here as I know there are a few big fans here as well.

Enjoy.

ICONIC 1/6TH SCALE ALIENS APC RADIO CONTROLLED VEHICLE HOLY GRAIL | eBay

#2 ·
Pictures copied with permission from the seller.

Attachments

#9 ·
You can see in the pictures that they come off. Not sure if they were damaged or that is just part of it being not completed.
The pictures kinda tell the story on the rear wheel. The axle shaft seems too short to support the size of the wheel without a bearing/bushing in at least 2 places. Probably part of the finish work required and not a huge problem for a skilled R/C hobbiest. This is one SWEET model. One of my favorite movie vehicles of all times. I especially liked the turret that moved to the back. Almost as if it was designed to go into a tunnel with limited height. Lol.

Makes my stomach flutter to see this. So nice. Maybe the rear wheels are part of the damage when Ripley tore ass thru that debris in the base.
According to the description the item is not ready to go and has some missing pieces. It is described as a project; the wheels coming off may be related to it been not fully completed.

#7 ·
According to the description the item is not ready to go and has some missing pieces. It is described as a project; the wheels coming off may be related to it been not fully completed.

#10 ·
I totally agree. It would be a fantastic project to pick up and finish in honour of him.

I never had the privilege of meeting Chris, but his reputation among the fans who did, was awesome.

I guess we could just build our own and have an APC motor pool going on..... Oh oh, project wheels are starting to turn.

#13 ·
Yeah, I remember seeing the video clip of this beauty being driven around. It was awe-inspiring. I'm guessing Chris might have been in the middle of an upgrade to the axle assembly, but never got to finish it. It would be nice to see someone with the funds and talent to get 'er running again.

CORRECTION: I see it's been won. May it be in good hands.

#19 ·
I'm glad someone bought it and I hope to see it here all fixed up. It's pictured with the Apone figure I did for Chris, good to see that that figure is still holding up. I painted it will oil paints it was the first time I did that and it turns out that stuff doesn't hold up too well.
I wish the smaller APC was 1/12 instead of 1/18. I wish the Neca figures were 1/12 too.

#20 ·
Damn that APC is sweeeeeet!
The HiYa Toys one is making me consider 1/18 scale stuff...but I think I've already got too many 1/10 scale Neca Aliens stuff to consider switching gears at this point...
Every time I go in my hobby room, my 6th scale Colonial Marines always glare at me. Still a lot that I want to do on those hombres.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.