Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Where can I find a Sdkfz251?

Where can I find a Sdkfz251?

Hello!

Ive been searching online for a Sdkfz.251 in a semi "affordable" price range. So far I've found a few from FoAT that need to be assembled, but they seem a bit too advanced for someone of my skill set, and I'd hate to waste that kind of money for a model I wouldn't be able to properly build... I remember monkey Depot had some plastic kits for less than $200 (which I'm sure are ALL gone by now) but these would be ideal, even a complete model would be great, but the cheapest pre-built ones I see are nearing $1500+

In 2017 as the WWII side of the hobby apperently is fading, might I have no choice but to purchase one of these model kits and just go to town? Or are there other sources somewhere out there?
    Thank you in advance
    Last edited by pukingdog; 02-12-2017 at 16:00. Reason: Entering commerce territory, not allowed in here. - Mike

Re: Where can I find a Sdkfz251?

the kits offered on monkey depot are 250's, not the 251's you were inquiring about, but if you can use the smaller 'recon' style h.t.'s instead of the bigger armoured transport-style 251 then the kits can be turned into a really nice model with a bit of work and come out pretty nice even mostly straight out of the box. there have been threads on here and other forums about the plastic of the 250 kits sometimes disintigrating with age, so you might want to check that out first. good luck in your hunt!

cheers,
    rob