First completed project for 2017 !!
Inspired by the incredible artist Steve McNiven's awesome page 1 artwork from the "Death Of Wolverine" mini-series.
This is the page that started it all.
I tried to stay as true as possible to his art although there wasn't really much reference for everything else not seen in this page !
The start of the story line details how a virus from the microverse caused Wolverine's mutant healing factor to burn out and stop working, allowing enemies from his past to attempt to finally kill him.
My Page 1 Tribute
Not much 'real-estate' to work with here so I did what I could
- 13' x 9' piece of MDFas a base
- Floorboard and steps completed
- Foamboard wall attached
- Cabin door completed
- Basic exterior frame done
- Sidings done
- Arrows done
- Eventually recoloured
- Cabin roof done
- Lighting installed
- "Battle Damage" application completed
- Scratchbuilt 2 lanterns from pits of wood and wire
- Candles added and handles wrapped with string
- Screens added
(I had 2 1/6 scale lanterns ready to go but I decided to use my scratch built lanterns instead)
- "Battle Damage" application on clothing
- Added super glue to the tears I made for the shirt and as fabric usually hardens when in contact so used clips to 'weigh down' the rips and pieces of loose fabric as it sets
- Weathering added
- Added blood splattering effect and more weathering
- Added blood drip effect
- Shading added
And that's all folks !
Sorry about the pics heavy post but lots I wanted to share
Thanks for dropping by !!