One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Death of Wolverine

6K views 38 replies 37 participants last post by  apotheosis 
#1 · (Edited)
First completed project for 2017 !!
Inspired by the incredible artist Steve McNiven's awesome page 1 artwork from the "Death Of Wolverine" mini-series.

This is the page that started it all.
I tried to stay as true as possible to his art although there wasn't really much reference for everything else not seen in this page !

The start of the story line details how a virus from the microverse caused Wolverine's mutant healing factor to burn out and stop working, allowing enemies from his past to attempt to finally kill him.

My Page 1 Tribute

Logan

Cabin
Not much 'real-estate' to work with here so I did what I could :erm

WIPS :
- 13' x 9' piece of MDFas a base
- Floorboard and steps completed

- Foamboard wall attached
- Cabin door completed
- Basic exterior frame done
- Sidings done

- Arrows done
- Eventually recoloured

- Cabin roof done
- Lighting installed
- "Battle Damage" application completed

- Scratchbuilt 2 lanterns from bits of wood and wire
- Candles added and handles wrapped with string
- Weathered

- Screens added
- Completed

(I had 2 1/6 scale lanterns ready to go but I decided to use my scratch built lanterns instead)

- "Battle Damage" application on clothing
- Added super glue to the tears I made for the shirt and as fabric usually hardens when in contact so used clips to 'weigh down' the rips and pieces of loose fabric as it sets
- Weathering added

- Added blood splattering effect and more weathering

- Added blood drip effect
- Shading added

And that's all folks !
Sorry about the pics heavy post but lots I wanted to share :D
Thanks for dropping by !!
Leo

See less See more
#39 ·
Wow! That is absolutely amazing!
Not only is your work here awe inspiring, but your photo diary is a great instructional tool! WOW WOW WOW!! Thanks so much for sharing! This is REALLY AMAZING!
breathtaking, just breathtaking! did you think about posting a pic or two to mcniven himself? He's very active on instagram, pretty sure he'd love it as much as we do :)
Apotheosis!
Fantastic work! I mean, poor Wolverine didn't have to die (at this point I would declare that part of the franchise heresy, like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy), but you did an amazing job portraying his bloodied corpse and the house background. The one thing you did not have to do is apologize for the picture-heavy post. With pictures like these, more is better!
Wow! It's like Walking Dead meets X-Men. I ACTUALLY feel sorry for the figure, that's how powerful your detailing is! Fantastic! One for the books!
Thank you kindly guys !
Wolverine's back from the dead in the books by the way (was only a matter of time) and with the recent release of the LOGAN movie and Laura 1/6 set, I decided to shoot them together !

The happy family (Daken needs an update...)

#37 ·
Fantastic work! I mean, poor Wolverine didn't have to die (at this point I would declare that part of the franchise heresy, like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy), but you did an amazing job portraying his bloodied corpse and the house background. The one thing you did not have to do is apologize for the picture-heavy post. With pictures like these, more is better!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.