Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 567 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney Death Trooper Upscale WIP 4/4/17 Finished Mini Trooper So All Done Now.

Re: Disney Death Trooper Upscale WIP 3/5/17 Ink Cartridges For Belly Armour etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    Indeed it is, great stuff!

CHEERS!
    Thanks Roger!

Moved onto connecting connectors now for the extremities starting with the ankles, bit of an odd situation here as they don't unplug and are exposed internally making gluing them directly to the actual legs a problem as super glue just loves to creep around and find them... even with plenty of silicone oil/grease there's no guarantee they won't seize up. So went an unusual route this time gluing them to the shin armour instead with the ribbed latex acting as a gap filler inside the armour as well as ankle joint covers, seems to have worked out fine increasing the height as desired and keeping full articulation. The wrists should be a simpler affair as the joints are contained inside the rubbery cut off forearm pieces. I'll tackle the neck posts after those. Changed out the ink cartridge vent like bits for latex as it just made life easier, less likely to fall off during articulation and didn't need hours of hand filing, punched out a hole in each lower abdomen plate to simulate the look of the original armour, started painting the material shoulder pouches with black ink to replace the cheap looking plastic ones. The boots are starting to look more in scale already as well, bare in mind the rest of the armour needs to go on, the arms will be lengthened a bit and have large hands and the large helmet (although scale accurate for a guy this tall/big) should pull everything together size wise if you get my drift.

There's extra plastic on the insides of the lower thigh armour that can be cut away for more room to fit on a bigger body:

pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Re: Disney Death Trooper Upscale WIP 3/10/17 Connecting Controvesial Connectors.

Those are some really beefy shoulders, are you sure they're right for the troopers!?

CHEERS!

Re: Disney Death Trooper Upscale WIP 3/10/17 Connecting Controvesial Connectors.

Those are some really beefy shoulders, are you sure they're right for the troopers!?

CHEERS!
    You could have voiced that thought 6 pages ago mate! But as it/they? stand the shoulders are fine, not as pronounced in in as in those pics and anyway these guys are tall and skinny not weedy! They've got to be imposing to be called Death Troopers not Magical Elf Troopers. Talking of which, these are the same bodies that I used to upgrade my Saruman except his is white obviously.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

Your next project maybe: shoretrooper!

Picked this up yesterday in geneva and it is nice for a shampoo bottle style figure.

The colours look mismatched in photos but in person they look fine to the naked eye.

The arms use standard stormtrooper armour so only the torso, waist, lower leg armour and helmet are neededto make a nice shore-trooper.

The gun is also a variant of the e-11 with attachment.
    Disney Death Trooper Upscale WIP 4/4/17 Finished Mini Trooper So All Done Now.-image-jpg
    Disney Death Trooper Upscale WIP 4/4/17 Finished Mini Trooper So All Done Now.-image-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    You could have voiced that thought 6 pages ago mate! But as it/they? stand the shoulders are fine, not as pronounced in in as in those pics and anyway these guys are tall and skinny not weedy! They've got to be imposing to be called Death Troopers not Magical Elf Troopers. Talking of which, these are the same bodies that I used to upgrade my Saruman except his is white obviously.
    Mmm, probably,

I had a look at the HT version this morning and the helmet seemed too small somehow, it didn't look like you could actually get an HT sized head into it. I also noticed a ribbed section on the front of the boots, sort of where the tongue would be, I hadn't spotted that before and I don't know if yours has it. Nor did I see it on any pics you had, could have missed it though.

CHEERS!

Mmm, probably,

I had a look at the HT version this morning and the helmet seemed too small somehow, it didn't look like you could actually get an HT sized head into it. I also noticed a ribbed section on the front of the boots, sort of where the tongue would be, I hadn't spotted that before and I don't know if yours has it. Nor did I see it on any pics you had, could have missed it though.

CHEERS!
    Cheers for the reminder Roger! Haven't got around to finishing the boots yet, I'll add some ribbed black latex to them as planned and try to replace the soles with something more suitable, got a bag or two of donor boots in front of me now as it happens . Yeah that's my excuse for the helmets' being a bit bigger on mine!

Jaz: Great pics! Thanks!

Cheers for the reminder Roger! Haven't got around to finishing the boots yet, I'll add some ribbed black latex to them as planned and try to replace the soles with something more suitable, got a bag or two of donor boots in front of me now as it happens . Yeah that's my excuse for the helmets' being a bit bigger on mine!
    Were you thinking of putting LED's in the helmet for the lights in the... err.. jowls!? Your trooper could end up looking great.

CHEERS!

Were you thinking of putting LED's in the helmet for the lights in the... err.. jowls!? Your trooper could end up looking great.

CHEERS!
    Nah, sick of electrickery! Takes loads of work and never gets used! I'm going for a permanent "lit up" effect this time using a silver/chrome backing with neon/fluorescent green on top, should work.

Jaz are you going to continue the Samurai theme across the Panzercop? Like on the helmet? Looks pretty cool!

Added arm armour, wrists and hands, I think you can tell what the front one will be doing I just haven't made it yet!

Jaz are you going to continue the Samurai theme across the Panzercop? Like on the helmet? Looks pretty cool!
    that actually is the MBox slicer general figure that I am converting to be a little more panzer cop the helmet is a place holder though. all the armour and mask are from the mbox slicer general while the boots and uniform are from the iron forest neu field army raidman figure

Quote Originally Posted by jaztermareal View Post
    that actually is the MBox slicer general figure that I am converting to be a little more panzer cop the helmet is a place holder though. all the armour and mask are from the mbox slicer general while the boots and uniform are from the iron forest neu field army raidman figure
    Damn, that's an expensive figure to bash from! Thought about buying him but too pricey for me when I could build something similar from my parts boxes.

Done more armour work, the butt plates had pouches that stick up way too high to fit under the thermal grenade, can't remember how this worked on the original body but doesn't on my bigger ones, wierd . Anyway had to cut them off and do some mods to fit them back on in a lower location, all fits fine now, lengthened the belt with pleather and will add some black pouches to fill the gaps. Abdomen and lower back armour is on fitted with the latex material I made and so are the pauldrons...running out of Super Glue...it was suppossed to be delivered today, 50g of it....Argghhh! I'll go nuts without it.. tomorrow's Sunday too ..

Re: Disney Death Trooper Upscale WIP 3/11/17 Arm Armour & Hands..

WHAT IDIOT OF A MANUFACTURER DOES THIS?!!! Exactly the same moulds but different sizes?! It's Action Man, he doesn't need different shoe sizes! Thought I had it sorted for new soles then spotted this! Argh.. I'll make it work but bloody hell how dumb!

Re: Disney Death Trooper Upscale WIP 3/11/17 Buttplates & Bloody Boot Sole Sizes

Aren't Action Man by Hasbro these days, would explain a lot. As they'll be standing up a lot of the time, does it really matter what is on the bottom of their feet!? There are probably some DML boots that would be a better shape and size.

CHEERS!

Re: Disney Death Trooper Upscale WIP 3/11/17 Buttplates & Bloody Boot Sole Sizes

I doubt it as you pointed out these are bigger than average feet! I'm just going for the more tactical look the DT's have on their boots rather than Vader's smart dress boots which are on them now. And yes Hasbro has never heard of the word "Scale" ask any Transformer collector!

I'm sure you'll work it out. I'm too long out of all this to really know what works anymore. I just live vicariously through everyone else now.

CHEERS¬

I'm sure you'll work it out. I'm too long out of all this to really know what works anymore. I just live vicariously through everyone else now.

CHEERS¬
    You'd know these boots he's got on, the old Hasbro electronic Vader boots.

Oh, never had one myself. I have an old Stormie with rubber armour and no body inside that won't stand up and I have Artoo and Threepio. Aside from being 1/5 the droids still hold up quite well.

Onwaaards!

CHEERS!

Gotcha you little buggers!! Found a complete set of Hasbro Maul boots that have the right type of sole (they're motorcycle boots), the right colour and most importantly the right size! I told you Hasbro doesn't know what scale means, Vader's 6'6" and Maul's 5'8" yet they have the same size boots?! Anyway one pair wasn't going to help at all, I remembered seeing the remains of a pair that I'd cut up to use on my custom FO Flame Trooper but hadn't used the soles as that one Hasbro shampoo bottle figure actually came with decent soles, the regular FO St's don't. But where the heck had I put them? No where they should have been that's for sure! Turned my post office storage room/shooting gallery upside down several times this morning and just finally found them ureeka! Now got to do careful surgury with blunt scalpels, need to order more blades..

The last place you do look is often the first place you should have looked. You never do look there first though, EVER!

CHEERS!

The last place you do look is often the first place you should have looked. You never do look there first though, EVER!

CHEERS!
    So true! These were in my black tactical miltary boots bag and not my generic donor boots bag.
    Found a back up scalpel blade luckily had one saved (I keep the blades that are still sharp but had the tips accidently broken off early as back ups) so I could continue properly without stabbing myself and getting nowhere (typical results of blunt blades!). The boots look a bit like tactical clogs right now on their own but should look the part once they're tidied up and finished with the ribbed "laces/elastic?" down the front, basically wetsuit boots. Redone the front armour as I wasn't happy with the shape (left: old right: new) I'll fill any gaps in with black miliput. Found two holsters to mod for the KT9 pistols instead of those dumb velcro loops, not sure why they chose that route, officers have holsters even if they are different pistols (P08's and C96's). Added the backpacks to the back armour too and covered the wrist joints.

Re: Disney Death Trooper Upscale WIP 3/12/17 Many Things Modded A Bit..

Good job on the boots, wasn't sure how they'd work but they did. Which sums up much of your work really. You just seem to pull it out of the bag every time.

CHEERS!

Good job on the boots, wasn't sure how they'd work but they did. Which sums up much of your work really. You just seem to pull it out of the bag every time.

CHEERS!
    my thoughts exactly

CHEERS!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaztermareal View Post
    my thoughts exactly
    Thanks guys! Your approval makes it worth all the effort, that and knowing it would drive me nuts leaving them as they were i.e. wrong . Only three more to do...
    Glue arrived yay! Ordered more blades and black primer spray paint, blew the rest of my cash on my other hobbies (shooting things and Zoids, er not shooting Zoids but targets mostly) so it gives me an excuse to dig out the airbrushes, got a nice double action one that's never been used and a mini compressor. Got loads of black acrylic paint in large tubes so seems a waste not to use it, I'll have to familiarise myself with that skill again as the last time I used one I was 17!!

Now you have the agony of waiting for the post, good luck with that!

CHEERS!

Now you have the agony of waiting for the post, good luck with that!

CHEERS!
    LOL, that's about the only excitement someone agoraphobic like me gets! . Don't know What I was waffling about saying I didn't buy any 1/6 stuff, ordered the HT Ultron MKI for a great price from China (I know the seller so all good) and got my hands on a HT SW FO Heavy Gunner ST used and damaged for a grat deal as I was never going to find his accessories loose or for a sane price, 22 quid plus postage they want for just his chest magazine rack! I dread to think what his gun would go for, probably close to what I paid for him! And he's in the UK. I wish people over here would sell broken HT figures all the time!

Was that back plate all that was broken!? How would you feel if he got a broken Deathtrooper in!?

CHEERS!

Was that back plate all that was broken!? How would you feel if he got a broken Deathtrooper in!?

CHEERS!
    I don't think it's broken, just unglued as he took the fat suit off to increase articulation but cracked one of the gauntlets, tiny scratch on the helmet, gun comes apart (just needs to be reglued) and there's no box but that's it. As for a Death Trooper, well we'd all miss the fun of me making them then wouldn't we? plus they wouldn't match, probably cost a bit more just for the one etc..

Sounds like something I should look for on occasion. Sometimes the damage is so minor, but, you save a shedload if a customer just wants MIB and they can't shift it. That's something for much later on though....

CHEERS!

Sounds like something I should look for on occasion. Sometimes the damage is so minor, but, you save a shedload if a customer just wants MIB and they can't shift it. That's something for much later on though....

CHEERS!
    YUP! Just noticed SSC are now doing a three for the price of two on all SW TWA FO ST's right now as well. I still need to convert the rest of my Hasbro ones though as that's even better...free!