Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHICEN 1/6 Snow Soldier Action Figure (PL2016-80)

PHICEN 1/6 Snow Soldier Action Figure (PL2016-80)

PHICEN 1/6 Snow Soldier Action Figure

Item number: PL2016-80

Bar Code: 4 548744 874687

There was a magic land with vast territory, cold, barren and desolate, covered with snow all year round. But refreshed lives, lives of the King and Queen in this once vibrant, beautiful land were to be reborn, to emerge from their healing heavy sleep in this land with the power of rebirth. They were mortally injured in a pitched battle with the land’s vicious invaders that lasted a month. They won a great victory, but suffered a great deal. Invaders schemed to attack again, so the King and Queen were in danger. But we have our Snow Soldier. She was as pure and innocent as snow, and seemed fragile, but made no mistake, she possessed volcanic strength and a smart brain.

Snow Soldier, the guardian of this magic land, ready to fight until her king and Queen were reborn refreshed and bring pure lives to this land again.

Part List:
    1) 1 x head sculpt
    2) 1 x Phicen female seamless body with stainless steel armature
    3) 3 pairs x interchangeable gloved hands
    4) 1 pair x lower arm sleeves
    5) 1 x bikini style battle top
    6) 1 x bikini style battle bottom
    7) 1 pair x boots
    8) 1 pair x shoulder guards with fur tippet
    9) 1 x trident
    10) 1 belt with sheath and sword
    11) 1 pair x knee guards
    12) 1 x cape
    13) 1 x base
    14) 4 color packaging

Re: PHICEN 1/6 Snow Soldier Action Figure (PL2016-80)

is she supposed to melt the snow ?

Saw this on FB and thought...re-hash!

Snow soldier? She would freeze...lol
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

Yeah, who's the target audience for this? In a fuzzy general way it should be me, but by this point in my Phicen-acquiring life I really don't feel it. I'll pony up for something long desired, like Vampirella, or something a bit different, like say La Muerta, but some of these feel pretty redundant.

So who's she made for? Somebody who owns 12 of the Phicen women but wants 24 of them? Completists? Somebody buying his first Phicen and too lazy to see what other already released figures might be still available? Somebody who just wants a body but is going on the logic that Phicen's kitted figures are a better price value? Somebody who sees something unique about this figure that I'm totally missing? Is a puzzlement.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by crusader1xxx View Post
    Saw this on FB and thought...re-hash!

Snow soldier? She would freeze...lol
    --

I agree a rehash and/or very minimalist offering on the cheap (design and production), but PHICEN will charge probably $159.99 to $179.99 USD and there will be those who'll buy it, order it, pre-order it, etc. like clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Yeah, who's the target audience for this? In a fuzzy general way it should be me, but by this point in my Phicen-acquiring life I really don't feel it. I'll pony up for something long desired, like Vampirella, or something a bit different, like say La Muerta, but some of these feel pretty redundant.

So who's she made for? Somebody who owns 12 of the Phicen women but wants 24 of them? Completists? Somebody buying his first Phicen and too lazy to see what other already released figures might be still available? Somebody who just wants a body but is going on the logic that Phicen's kitted figures are a better price value? Somebody who sees something unique about this figure that I'm totally missing? Is a puzzlement.
    --

Who is the target audience?

Let's see who chimes in (if there are any who are still around in spite of the forum's layout difficulties) by posting they'll buy/order/pre-order one.

Personally speaking, I'll be the first to admit that I like the design . . . but I like such designs; however, it is nothing new/innovative and maybe a borderline cash grab.

The Keres figure that was recently announced and shown is interesting, but it's a disappointment. This one is also a disappointment, but not on the level of Keres.

PHICEN is not off to great start in terms of 2017 offerings thus far.

If anyone is up to it, then let them know through Facebook and by e-mail . . . that is if any of you actually give a <CENSORED>.

Of course, I digress.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

I agree a rehash and/or very minimalist offering on the cheap (design and production), but PHICEN will charge probably $159.99 to $179.99 USD and there will be those who'll buy it, order it, pre-order it, etc. like clockwork.

--

Who is the target audience?

Let's see who chimes in (if there are any who are still around in spite of the forum's layout difficulties) by posting they'll buy/order/pre-order one.

Personally speaking, I'll be the first to admit that I like the design . . . but I like such designs; however, it is nothing new/innovative and maybe a borderline cash grab.

The Keres figure that was recently announced and shown is interesting, but it's a disappointment. This one is also a disappointment, but not on the level of Keres.

PHICEN is not off to great start in terms of 2017 offerings thus far.

If anyone is up to it, then let them know through Facebook and by e-mail . . . that is if any of you actually give a <CENSORED>.

Of course, I digress.
    If Vampirella counts as 2017, that would raise them up significantly...
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

If Vampirella counts as 2017, that would raise them up significantly...
    --

I forgot about Vampirella, but we haven't seen an official announcement like Keres or the Snow Soldier as of yet (as far as I know) asides from the tease and unveiling.
    Last edited by DeltaForceChung; 12-19-2016 at 09:48.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Seems pretty much par for the course from Phicen. Sure I'd like it, but only if I get get it for a reasonable price.

I think Phicen should keep working on improving their bodies, eg. soft more realistc breasts that hang and tilt naturally and realistic integrated hands and feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior49 View Post
    I think Phicen should keep working on improving their bodies, eg. soft more realistc breasts that hang and tilt naturally and realistic integrated hands and feet.
    Phicen has probably been improving their bodies more so than any other company out there.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by hoodonit00 View Post
    Phicen has probably been improving their bodies more so than any other company out there.
    Indeed, so much so that one of the reasons for a "phone it in" figure like this one could be to get rid of warehouse stock on bodies they've surpassed. For example, separate feet is the current standard -- can't see how the feet on the Snow Soldier are.

I just saw this figure listed as a "custom snow soldier" on eBay for $200. If you're going to dream, dream big, right?

One thing I notice with this figure is the outfit is made of fabric rather than the plastic used for the earlier ones. That's an important step forward- the plastic bikini bottoms can cut the silicone skin quite easily, and they also can leave deep creases. I have a Sparta bottom that is impossible to put on a Phicen without damaging the figure, and I had to cut the bottom off the Demon Huntress as the hooks were digging into her skin. I like the look of this figure's outfit and I think it looks better on her.

Maybe Phicen will surprise me, but I'm confident this figure is using boot-feet. Even Sparta uses "sandal-feet". These figures are intended to be displayed pretty much as they are so bare feet aren't a concern for the designers.

they should do something about those eyes, they're too close together

They only go half way to this being an elf/elve if they had gone all the way with a super pale body and elven features ears etc.. it would be way more interesting!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

"She was as pure and innocent as snow, and seemed fragile, but made no mistake, she possessed volcanic strength and a smart brain."

When I think Volcanic, I think hellfire. Brimstone. Some type of crimson color.

Wait isn't Snow Soldier... Keres or is it Goblin Queen?

So did they scrap the design entirely and went with black? Why? Why again? Does this mean Zenoscope and Phicen are no longer on the same wave length? If they keep mixing parts, does that mean the Blood Queen will come with a sickle since Keres has her staff and Goblin Queen's base?

I cannot tell from the lighting, is this a pale version of the muscle comic body or the lighter skin, akin to Demon Huntress and Red Sonja (with buckle knee pads instead of the tiny clip)?

I do see some rehash parts: heels from Lady Death, claw hands and arm guards from Eartha and Julie.

This seems like another parts figure in the way of Van Helsing, Tempest, and Z-Girl. I like the metal collar, kneepads, and base. But, Why would I want another trident warrior. Demon Huntress has one and a BAMFing sword...with skulls and bones! She even has a helmet!
    Snow Soldier has a sword that comes in a long black sock for a sheath? The nubby end looks funny, like a sock.

If this figure had white hair (similar to Lady Death), all white armor instead of black, a sword of ice akin to Sub-Zero, a determined look instead of a Rapuzel-looking-Tangled-leaning head sculpt, a ice shield, or a snow harpoon (to hunt White walkers and over grown dangerous and delicious snow crabs)...then this figure would be amazing.

...Or if it resembled this instead:

with her head sculpt

Then it would be a unique figure to get, akin to Huntress V.1 or Sparta.
    Like Keres, I would wait until these are in a clearance or in a bargain sale and get these for parts. I've was collecting the little henchmen from spawn figures to use as her Goblin horde.
    Hopefully if they do make the Goblin Queen she will look like the comic

At least she is not marketed as THE Zenescope license product Goblin Queen.

I don't hate this figure, from the neck down it's at least serviceable. The headsculpt though makes her look like she has downs syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadnstien2 View Post
    I don't hate this figure, from the neck down it's at least serviceable. The headsculpt though makes her look like she has downs syndrome.
    MerylAkiba is onto something. Good guess that the Phicen licensing deal re Goblin Queen fell through (or even overall with Zenescope, but not likely) or they have no confidence in the licensed character, so they changed to a black colour and threw a generic, kind of random head on it.

Pass... even the head sculpt.

You'd think a 'snow soldier' waving around a sword wouldn't have such a benevolent expression. Reminds me of Kristen Stewart except way less miserable-looking than she's been in any film...

Like the base, though!
    One Sixth Celebs
    http://www.famousfigures.com

V.I.K.I.: Do you not see the logic of my plan?
    Sonny: Yes, but it just seems too.. heartless.

Hoping for muscular body in pale. All indications point to yes.

And now the disappointing news.

The MSRP is approximately $160.00 USD.

The release date is approximately 2ND QTR 2017.

Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD

I might be the only one that actually likes her as is, I have an idea for her for an up coming project maybe next summer & 5 of her close friends with different
    HS.

I think she will make an excellent Queen's Guard, so maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG-787 View Post
    I might be the only one that actually likes her as is, I have an idea for her for an up coming project maybe next summer & 5 of her close friends with different
    HS.

I think she will make an excellent Queen's Guard, so maybe?
    --

Hey . . . if you find her to be suitable for your 1:6 collecting/hobby needs . . . and you're fine/OK with the price . . . then so be it. Happy for you (and I mean that sincerely).

She's not "ideal" for everyone, but if she is "fine" for some of us . . . then have at it.

One collector's 1:6 disdained offering is another collector's desired/wanted offering.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

Hey . . . if you find her to be suitable for your 1:6 collecting/hobby needs . . . and you're fine/OK with the price . . . then so be it. Happy for you (and I mean that sincerely).

She's not "ideal" for everyone, but if she is "fine" for some of us . . . then have at it.

One collector's 1:6 disdained offering is another collector's desired/wanted offering.
    Especially where it's a matter of comparisons and redundancy. Two years ago I'd have gone nuts for "Snow Soldier." If there were no Sparta, Sonja, Lady Death, etc I'd be going nuts over "Snow Soldier" now.

Especially where it's a matter of comparisons and redundancy. Two years ago I'd have gone nuts for "Snow Soldier." If there were no Sparta, Sonja, Lady Death, etc I'd be going nuts over "Snow Soldier" now.
    --

Exactly.

It's like getting tired of seeing so many thin as rails and "no meat" lingerie models showcasing the latest holiday lingerie fashion and then all of sudden you see a full figured lingerie model with curves and she appears to have had a sandwich at least that looks absolutely fab and the blood pressure rises a smidgen because she remind you of how real women looked like during the 70s and early to mid-80s before surge of fake plastic boobs and completely mowed lawns.

Not realize , this is a rehash of Xenoscope Goblin Queen. Wow, their effort for rehash now surpass Hot Toys

In a way you can't really blame them. The proportions of this body pretty much make it especially suitable for this type of figure. They will probably make as much as they can from it before they make base versions of it, which is why I've purchased mine as parted out items.

From a kitbasher's standpoint, I like this outfit better than the preceding ones, and more than the green version. I admit I'm not in the target audience for these comic book/video game based figures, but they are amazing, and I'm glad to see them being produced. When I first got into this hobby, only skilled customizers were making anything even close to this type of figure.

Her face is a deformed eye version of the one that came as one of the big breasted, suntanned bikini one.

Moonbase Alpha Male, I think you're right regarding the confidence in the licensed character

Out of curiousity I was trying to find more info from Zenescope about Keres. However, on the Zenescope site, twitter, facebook, they do not mention Keres or any of the upcoming Phicen figures, akin to a Coming Soon!...

I do not own any of the other Zenescope characters. Nothing really won me over (except the three that were shown last year) Most people bought Helsing, Mercy, and Robyn to turn into other stuff, or add their own unique take on the characters.

I have the School Miss, the Roses, the Fires, and Nina figures. They were not licensed, but I knew what they were. They could of left the armor green and called her Green Knight, Emerald Warrior, Forest Sorceress, Plague: the second horsemen.

I don't have anything against this product. I was expecting Goblin Queen. The only thing that is anything snow is the base and shoulder armor fur. Without those, no one would know she is a Snow Soldier.
    Last edited by MerylAkiba; 12-21-2016 at 02:38. Reason: having trouble doing quotes

Quote Originally Posted by navetsea View Post
    they should do something about those eyes, they're too close together
    Actually, the head sculpt looks cross-eyed to me!

David
    My Trade Feedback

"I'm afraid of spiders... and women... and spider women!"