One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

How do we upload photo now?

Miscellaneous Subject 
25K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  47lincsled 
#1 ·
Like the title says. How do we upload photo now? I'm I stupid or is this now a hidden feature?

Mark

#3 ·
Dunno if it's just me, but when I click on those thumbs, I get a flatworm image. I made the mistake of trying to load an image as an attachment in the KotM poll. Same crummy result, and I couldn't remove it. For now, images are apparently another problem.

[EDIT] - I saw Gerald's (El Paso Trooper's) birthday substitute post, and he's got a full-sized image. Maybe he will share his dark majik.

#8 ·
Dunno if it's just me, but when I click on those thumbs, I get a flatworm image. I made the mistake of trying to load an image as an attachment in the KotM poll. Same crummy result, and I couldn't remove it. For now, images are apparently another problem.

[EDIT] - I saw Gerald's (El Paso Trooper's) birthday substitute post, and he's got a full-sized image. Maybe he will share his dark majik.

Caption It Returns! (Birthday substitute for 12/09/16)
Mike, Scimitar has revealed my dark majik on uploading images---

Mike, it's not just you. I get the squished thumbnail popup too. I posted a bit about the image problems in the thread linked below. Uploading images is confusing but possible. You can get to the gallery by clicking on the "Community" tab located on any forum page and then clicking on "Albums". You'll have to create a new album or use one of your old ones to upload images. Posting images works too but is also confusing to figure out. After you get your image(s) uploaded to an OSW image album, click on them so that each image loads on a page by itself. You can then copy the BB Code at the bottom and paste it into the body of your message. It's no longer necessary to click on "insert image" when composing a message. Below is a screen capture of what the squished thumbnail popups look like for anyone that's curious.

This is the thread I mentioned above: Wayne Rooney (Test Post)

#4 ·
Mike, it's not just you. I get the squished thumbnail popup too. I posted a bit about the image problems in the thread linked below. Uploading images is confusing but possible. You can get to the gallery by clicking on the "Community" tab located on any forum page and then clicking on "Albums". You'll have to create a new album or use one of your old ones to upload images. Posting images works too but is also confusing to figure out. After you get your image(s) uploaded to an OSW image album, click on them so that each image loads on a page by itself. You can then copy the BB Code at the bottom and paste it into the body of your message. It's no longer necessary to click on "insert image" when composing a message. Below is a screen capture of what the squished thumbnail popups look like for anyone that's curious.

This is the thread I mentioned above: Wayne Rooney (Test Post)

#6 ·
Yes you can. Just copy the direct link from Photobucket and paste it into the body of your message. You'll then have to add BB Code to the link. To do that just add "
" (also without quotes) to the end of the link. It should look like this:

There might be a simpler way to do it but that's the only method that I'm aware of at the moment. The image below of my Russian MVD scout figure is hosted by Photobucket.

#7 ·
I found it confusing too, but a little experimentation and it worked. I usually upload into an album and then insert from there. Using the little Insert Image icon, I select "From URL", paste the URL string from the album, and uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box, then click on OK. I imagine that if you are just grabbing a file from an external website, you would have to leave that box checked. Theoretically, it looks like you should be able to insert photos directly from your computer, but when I tried that, it displayed it as an enlargeable thumbnail, which in turn, when enlarged, appears squished as described in the earlier posts above.

#10 ·
This is mostly a copy and paste of a message I posted in another thread but it's worth mentioning here.

Images can be posted using either the default OSW image hosting (very confusing), Photobucket or a similar third party hosting site. From what I've experimented with so far, Photobucket is by far the easiest way to upload and post images. I have one warning though if signing up with Photobucket. Consider using a disposable email address when signing up, because they will spam the Hell out of you! I signed up a year or so ago, using my default email and even though I unchecked the option for receiving emails, it got enabled on a subsequent login and the spam started rolling in. I clicked "unsubscribe" on one of those emails and once again opted out but the spam continued to roll in. Eventually I logged into my email server and filtered all Photobucket emails straight to the spam folder but an occasional glance in there shows that they are still getting sent every day.

#11 ·
Right from the get go I never trusted forums when it came to uploading pics and I've always used Photobucket without issue. I can vouch for it 100% as practically every pic I've ever posted here has been via it, and all the pics are still in my library there.

Please, if you can't get on with the system here, just sign up and use Photobucket....

CHEERS!

#16 ·
Rogerbee is correct. I had forgotten about the "IMG" button on Photobucket. When you paste the copied link into your message body, it won't look exactly like what I posted above because it has some extra code in it for some reason that I suspect is related to making it work in different forums that use BBCode. The copied link will still work just fine to display your image, though.

#22 ·
Hi, I'm new here and I've gotten into these figures in a big way. I'm retired, have time and I like figures. BJDs up and till now.
I have a photo of body color comparison 3 shade of Jiaudol and Phicen's three shades. I thought it might be helpful.
I also have a Mac know how to make a .jpg and want to, if I can, upload from my desktop ? I use Flickr and have had problems on a different forum. I will join Photobucket if necessary, but would rather do it from my desktop. Is that possible?

#25 ·
Experimented earlier with using the insert image feature. Interesting, SSF has the exact same feature, but, theirs posts the pic full size. They look to use VBulletin too, so, maybe the code boffins can look at doing similar here, there has to be a way to do it. If you can get it so the images are full size you really would kill any need for a pic host. If users kept the posted image size to about 480 x 640 it would work just fine.

CHEERS!

#28 ·
Guys, if you have Firefox or Google Chrome, there is now an extension available called Photobucket Fixer that WILL allow you to see Photobucket pics again!!

I installed it and it works, provided you didn't delete your account that is, which I of course did, so you won't see any of my pics again!

CHEERS!

#29 ·
Thanks, that worked like a charm. I added the extension to Firefox and then loaded this page and the image that I linked to using PB above, shows just fine. Hopefully someone will come up with an addon for MS Edge that does the same thing. I suspect that it may only be temporary though if PB decides to block the extensions in some way.

#31 ·
ImgBB - Upload Image - Free Image Hosting

This is a good working picture upload and sharing website.

Start by registering. You can use google accounts to log in if you want to save the trouble.

After registering, u can start to upload images. You can create new albums for each upload.

To put in pictures in forums, select Get Embedded Code, then choose BBcode Medium Link. Copy the link(s), and simply paste them onto your forum.

Any questions do feel free to ask me. Have fun!