Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phicen 1/6 No Tomorrow Action Figure

Phicen 1/6 No Tomorrow Action Figure

Phicen 1/6 No Tomorrow Action Figure

Item number: PL2016-81
    Bar code: 0 711978 601549

Death is a natural part of life, but what happens when it goes rogue?

A new horror is born into the Grimm Universe more terrifying than any before. A horror whose name is spoken in hushed and fearful whispers. A horror more beautiful than the breath we breathe but as deadly as our last and final gasp: Keres, the Goddess of the Death!

When Death arrives at your door, there is No Tomorrow.

Officially licensed and Authorized

Part List:
    1) 1 x head sculpt
    2) 1 x Phicen female seamless body with stainless steel armature
    3) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
    4) 1 x sceptre
    5) 1 x robes
    6) 1 x choker with a pendant
    7) 1 pair x boots
    8) 1 pair x cuffs with chains
    9) 1 x belt with skull decorations
    10) 1 x base
    11) 4 color packaging

Re: Phicen 1/6 No Tomorrow Action Figure

I'd be interested to know what body type it is

The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD

I have absolutely no interest in this figure, if she looked like this one, well that would be a different story.

This figure is completely botched. They need to put orders on hold and go back and revise this set ASAP. Strangely, the concept of "blind" is all over this. This figure resembles a blind person and Phicen's designers must be going blind themselves. This is not Keres at all. What a slap in the face if your a fan of the character and comics. Please see more of my comments and image reference in the other thread of the same topic.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ess-death.html

Why? Why does she have a staff? Why does she have a sad sorrowful look for a head sculpt? Why does she have a asteroid blasted rock base? This is a license product? They agreed to this? The first prototype looked more closer to the character than this one.

Looking at the comic covers and illustrations, I do not see a scepter or sad face akin to breaking up. I see a Giant Sickle and a playful "Come out Come out wherever you are" look.

the word "No Tomorrow" on the photos looks akin to a bad photoshop job. To me, the fact that this is license as THE Keres bugs me.
    Imagine if She-ra was sculpted with blonde twin tails, came with Evil-Lyn's staff, Sorceress' costume, and Teela's snake armor, and they still called it the original She-ra?

Lady Death looks exactly like lady Death.
    Red Sonja looks exactly like Red Sonja.
    Shi looked like Shi. Even with the kimono, you know that is Shi because of the weapons, accessories, and hairstyle.
    Even Power of the Valkyrie looks like Power of the Valkyrie, and I don't even know about the figure. but the comic art illustrations and figure match.Each figure came with trademark weapons or accessories that relate to them.
    Keres looks like a sorceress who cast the wrong love spell, which ended in tearful grief with sexy results, rather than Death incarnate. Her face screams damsel in distress, than come hither to meet your doom.
    If this was a henchmen or acolyte of Keres, then it would be different. But, No. This is THE license by Zenoscope figure.

Baddog-787 and Leera300,
    You are both correct!

I can't stop thinking why. Looking at the figure again, would I buy it? When they first showed this prototype for 2016, instead of the NYCC 2015 prototype, I wondered if this was a alternate version and hoped that the one with the sickle would be made. Would I still buy this figure now, knowing that this is the end result? I'll probably be disappointed when the Goblin Queen comes out.

I would probably get loose parts from this and make something else. The body looks like a athletic build due to the thighs. The long fingernails could be use on another figure. I am already making a sorceress figure, so I will pick up the boots when they are parted along with the base, since the base appears similar to the first issue.

But why would I buy this entire figure? She cost more on BBTS than Red Sonja, Demon Huntress, and Sparta? Shi and Lady Death cost more, but they look like the comic.

I love it, but I'll only be buying the head and maybe boots loose.

While it is disappointing that it doesn't really represent the character it's supposed to be. I do like most of this for bash fodder. The possibilities for other fantasy characters sprang to mind immediately.

It seems people here don't care too much now about the source material accuracy and more interested in picking up some loose parts when it comes out. When others here say they love it, they mean for the purpose of creating something else with the parts. I have no problem with kitbashing, its wonderful to make other themed characters. It's just sad and upsetting to see this character representation butchered the way it was by all parties, and even more so when they deliberately altered the prototype entirely to what it is now. This set has now become the loose parts figure set, not the Keres figure set. So sad...

Here is the original phicen/ER prototype which actually is an excellent representation of Keres. Her look personifies that of the character.

Phicen 1/6  No Tomorrow   Action Figure-b084b7241f7f762decc943aa040aa68e-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MerylAkiba View Post

Why? Why does she have a staff? Why does she have a sad sorrowful look for a head sculpt? Why does she have a asteroid blasted rock base? This is a license product? They agreed to this? The first prototype looked more closer to the character than this one.

Looking at the comic covers and illustrations, I do not see a scepter or sad face akin to breaking up. I see a Giant Sickle and a playful "Come out Come out wherever you are" look.

the word "No Tomorrow" on the photos looks akin to a bad photoshop job. To me, the fact that this is license as THE Keres bugs me.
    Imagine if She-ra was sculpted with blonde twin tails, came with Evil-Lyn's staff, Sorceress' costume, and Teela's snake armor, and they still called it the original She-ra?

Lady Death looks exactly like lady Death.
    Red Sonja looks exactly like Red Sonja.
    Shi looked like Shi. Even with the kimono, you know that is Shi because of the weapons, accessories, and hairstyle.
    Even Power of the Valkyrie looks like Power of the Valkyrie, and I don't even know about the figure. but the comic art illustrations and figure match.Each figure came with trademark weapons or accessories that relate to them.
    Keres looks like a sorceress who cast the wrong love spell, which ended in tearful grief with sexy results, rather than Death incarnate. Her face screams damsel in distress, than come hither to meet your doom.
    If this was a henchmen or acolyte of Keres, then it would be different. But, No. This is THE license by Zenoscope figure.

Baddog-787 and Leera300,
    You are both correct!

I can't stop thinking why. Looking at the figure again, would I buy it? When they first showed this prototype for 2016, instead of the NYCC 2015 prototype, I wondered if this was a alternate version and hoped that the one with the sickle would be made. Would I still buy this figure now, knowing that this is the end result? I'll probably be disappointed when the Goblin Queen comes out.

I would probably get loose parts from this and make something else. The body looks like a athletic build due to the thighs. The long fingernails could be use on another figure. I am already making a sorceress figure, so I will pick up the boots when they are parted along with the base, since the base appears similar to the first issue.

But why would I buy this entire figure? She cost more on BBTS than Red Sonja, Demon Huntress, and Sparta? Shi and Lady Death cost more, but they look like the comic.
    Thank you very much MerylAkiba for your insightful comments. As a fan of the horror genre, I was very much looking forward to collecting this dark menacing figure set and she could have easily stood her ground with any other horror icons like Freddy, Jason, Pinhead, etc. Not anymore -- it's the loose parts figure set now. Also, it would have been spectacular to have a female character that invoked the essence of fear and terror as death incarnate in a male dominated genre of horror collectibles.

I actually like the figure, although not as a representation of the character it's allegedly based on. It is really weird how the promo photos don't represent the prototype figure shown at the Cons at all. I wonder what happened??

Quote Originally Posted by gunm View Post
    I actually like the figure, although not as a representation of the character it's allegedly based on. It is really weird how the promo photos don't represent the prototype figure shown at the Cons at all. I wonder what happened??
    I'm guessing somewhere along the line, part of the changes could be to differentiate her further from Linsner's Dawn, whom she probably resembled a bit too much in the original version re fiery red hair, visible tear(s), some of the iconography, etc etc
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    I'm guessing somewhere along the line, part of the changes could be to differentiate her further from Linsner's Dawn, whom she probably resembled a bit too much in the original version re fiery red hair, visible tear(s), some of the iconography, etc etc
    Interesting theory, but I didn't find anything about legal issues regarding the character's appearance, and this figure is officially licensed by Zenescope, so it's just a bit puzzling. Unless this is representing a redesign of the character that hasn't been published yet?

Love everything about this figure and would pre-order in a heartbeat, if it weren't for those damned closed eyes. I hate stuff that permanently cover the eyes and hair, like fixed sunglasses, hats...and closed eyes. FFS, she isn't even closing her eyes in any of her comic book covers. Why the hell did Phicen ruin such a great figure with closed eyes?? At the very least it could've been an option or swappable.

Love everything about this figure and would pre-order in a heartbeat, if it weren't for those damned closed eyes. I hate stuff that permanently cover the eyes and hair, like fixed sunglasses, hats...and closed eyes. FFS, she isn't even closing her eyes in any of her comic book covers. Why the hell did Phicen ruin such a great figure with closed eyes?? At the very least it could've been an option or swappable.

Quote Originally Posted by leera300 View Post
    It seems people here don't care too much now about the source material accuracy and more interested in picking up some loose parts when it comes out. When others here say they love it, they mean for the purpose of creating something else with the parts. I have no problem with kitbashing, its wonderful to make other themed characters. It's just sad and upsetting to see this character representation butchered the way it was by all parties, and even more so when they deliberately altered the prototype entirely to what it is now. This set has now become the loose parts figure set, not the Keres figure set. So sad...

Here is the original phicen/ER prototype which actually is an excellent representation of Keres. Her look personifies that of the character.

Phicen 1/6  No Tomorrow   Action Figure-b084b7241f7f762decc943aa040aa68e-jpg
    Well this makes me even more upset. So they got it right, then ruined it? SMH...

Someone from actionfan.net took a closeup of the prototype. The slightly open mouth reminds me of Red Fox On Fire.
    She has one strand of red hair. Still looks incomplete. But since they are adding a new style...I dunno.

Since There will be a Red Sonja 2.0 and a Sparta 2.0, will the prototype from NYCC 2015 be a Comic Con 2017 exclusive or a 2.0 version for 4th quarter 2017? I'll be optimistic and hope akin to Demon Huntress.

Interesting, that on the above photo, her skulls on the chains remind me of Spawn's skull on his cowl. I wonder if she uses them akin to Scorpion from MK?

Here is a link to her preview comic. I did not know she was one of many other reapers...and she can summon wolves as one of her finishing moves?!!! Fatality!

http://blog.zenescope.com/2015/09/ze...-september-23/

Quote Originally Posted by MerylAkiba View Post
    Someone from actionfan.net took a closeup of the prototype. The slightly open mouth reminds me of Red Fox On Fire.
    She has one strand of red hair. Still looks incomplete. But since they are adding a new style...I dunno.

Since There will be a Red Sonja 2.0 and a Sparta 2.0, will the prototype from NYCC 2015 be a Comic Con 2017 exclusive or a 2.0 version for 4th quarter 2017? I'll be optimistic and hope akin to Demon Huntress.

Seeing this angle I like the sculpt even more! Maybe I just have odd taste in headsculpts, but I'm all for diversity of expressions, the closed eyes suit me just fine! (but admittedly the tears are a tad off-putting...)

Why couldn't they have just given it two head sculpts with the open and closed eyes like they did with Zombie Girl?

Anyone email phicen yet and get a response regarding the altered design and face for this figure?

Anyone email phicen yet and get a response regarding the altered design and face for this figure?
    --

I sent them an instant message through Facebook and received the standard "Thank you for your feedback." reply.

I also called Zenescope and spoke with supposedly the head of licensing ("Jennifer") and she provided the same reply as well.

I don't believe PHICEN or Zenescope "care" and simply expect us to buy it "as is" as some will likely do so.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

I sent them an instant message through Facebook and received the standard "Thank you for your feedback." reply.

I also called Zenescope and spoke with supposedly the head of licensing ("Jennifer") and she provided the same reply as well.

I don't believe PHICEN or Zenescope "care" and simply expect us to buy it "as is" as some will likely do so.
    Wow, this is quite frustrating. Thanks DeltaForceChung for always continuing to voice your honest opinion and calling them out on their bs.... As mentioned, I was very much looking forward to this figure based on the first prototype design. We have quite a bit of the armor warrior women (red sonja, red sonja #2, arhian, sparta warrior, another sparta warrior #2). Definitely wanted to get this set because Keres invokes fear, terror, and is overall a sinister character. She would also go well along Lady Death had she not been totally altered. She is supposed to be wielding a giant scythe as well, not a shaman stick, so that's wrong too. This new revision is a pass for me and it looks like people are just going to scavenge it for parts. I wonder if phicen/er will pull another bitchslap to their customers and alter Vampirella as well to something unrecognizable. Holy hell..... I just don't know what this is. Don't bother releasing a product if you don't care or can't do it justice.

Wow, this is quite frustrating. Thanks DeltaForceChung for always continuing to voice your honest opinion and calling them out on their bs.... As mentioned, I was very much looking forward to this figure based on the first prototype design. We have quite a bit of the armor warrior women (red sonja, red sonja #2, arhian, sparta warrior, another sparta warrior #2). Definitely wanted to get this set because Keres invokes fear, terror, and is overall a sinister character. She would also go well along Lady Death had she not been totally altered. She is supposed to be wielding a giant scythe as well, not a shaman stick, so that's wrong too. This new revision is a pass for me and it looks like people are just going to scavenge it for parts. I wonder if phicen/er will pull another bitchslap to their customers and alter Vampirella as well to something unrecognizable. Holy hell..... I just don't know what this is. Don't bother releasing a product if you don't care or can't do it justice.
    --

You (and others) want to do something about it?

Then contact PHICEN by posting on their Facebook page and send them an instant message.

Contact Zenescope by e-mailing them, calling them and ask for licensing, and post on their Facebook page.

I'm guessing most here will not due to indifference and etc.

I did my part.

In the end . . . there will be those here who'll still buy the figure "as is" because for whatever reasons. That is the reality.

Me. I don't know. I believe my $ is better spent elsewhere 1:6 wise, but I'm definitely not pre-ordering her.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Based on my experience, this is the PHICEN official Facebook page they supposedly monitor (when they feel like it). The IMs I conducted with them over the past year or so are from this page unless they decided to no longer admit it is "official" for there needs.

Phicen | Facebook

--

You (and others) want to do something about it?

Then contact PHICEN by posting on their Facebook page and send them an instant message.

Contact Zenescope by e-mailing them, calling them and ask for licensing, and post on their Facebook page.

I'm guessing most here will not due to indifference and etc.

I did my part.

In the end . . . there will be those here who'll still buy the figure "as is" because for whatever reasons. That is the reality.

Me. I don't know. I believe my $ is better spent elsewhere 1:6 wise, but I'm definitely not pre-ordering her.
    Regarding the Phicen facebook page, I was told many months ago directly by them via email that the phicen facebook page is not official -- its not legitimate. Might be a fan posting pictures and store links. I have emailed them regarding past figures. Their response is that the items are already in production and will keep suggestions/recommendations for future revisions if they do a version #2. For instance, I mentioned to fix Red Sonja's hair to a more natural orange/copper tone instead of the synthetic shiny dark red and add an extra pair of removal feet for future figure sets. Also, people are complaining about sculpted hair, please fix it and do rooted hair instead....etc etc There's too much to state. But in short, they didn't follow through on any of my suggestions and the suggestions of others I included in the emails.

Based on my experience, this is the PHICEN official Facebook page they supposedly monitor (when they feel like it). The IMs I conducted with them over the past year or so are from this page unless they decided to no longer admit it is "official" for there needs.

Phicen | Facebook
    Nope, the only 100% legitimate contact with Phicen is through Jenny. She is the only key holder, but sadly has very little influence in Phicen Limited except answering basic questions, forwarding emails, and initiating sales.

Nope, the only 100% legitimate contact with Phicen is through Jenny. She is the only key holder, but sadly has very little influence in Phicen Limited except answering basic questions, forwarding emails, and initiating sales.
    --

I communicated with "Jenny" on that page and also by e-mail some time ago.

Don't "trust" PHICEN.

--

I communicated with "Jenny" on that page and also by e-mail some time ago.

Don't "trust" PHICEN.
    If you can safely say that you did instant messaging there with her, than she clearly lied to me after pointing out the this very Facebook page regarding proper information, comments, and criticism I presented to her is not an authentic source. The page is also very fishy because it directs all Phicen orders to Amazon being sold by WLW store which also sells all kinds of other weird crap outside 1/6. Phicen has their own online ordering system, so it would make sense as a company to order through them directly instead of endorsing a random store which sells at inflated prices beyond even MSRP for new releases.

If you can safely say that you did instant messaging there with her, than she clearly lied to me after pointing out the this very Facebook page regarding proper information, comments, and criticism I presented to her is not an authentic source. The page is also very fishy because it directs all Phicen orders to Amazon being sold by WLW store which also sells all kinds of other weird crap outside 1/6. Phicen has their own online ordering system, so it would make sense as a company to order through them directly instead of endorsing a random store which sells at inflated prices beyond even MSRP for new releases.
    --

If you (and anyone else) needs/wants PHICEN offerings, then order through known sources within the US such as Ekia Hobbies and Monkey Depot to name a few because they offer competitive pricing . . . as long as you don't mind the wait for US retailers to receive them from their US distributors.

Sure. One can pay MSRP or a bit more and get them maybe within a couple of weeks shipped from Asia to the US once a new figure is released is Asia.

Some do that just because they have to get it/have it immediately and willingly pay for the rushed delivery.

--

If you (and anyone else) needs/wants PHICEN offerings, then order through known sources within the US such as Ekia Hobbies and Monkey Depot to name a few because they offer competitive pricing . . . as long as you don't mind the wait for US retailers to receive them from their US distributors.

Sure. One can pay MSRP or a bit more and get them maybe within a couple of weeks shipped from Asia to the US once a new figure is released is Asia.

Some do that just because they have to get it/have it immediately and willingly pay for the rushed delivery.
    I mentioned "new releases" as they usually should be sold at the regular price since it is still in production. Looking at the Amazon store linked through Facebook, every item is actually inflated regardless of when it was released.

Don't "trust" that Facebook page either. Smells funky.

Dear fans and collectors,
    If you would like to submit your comments, criticism, and feedback -- please do so at the official Executive Replicas website and at the phicen website contact page.

The supposed phicen facebook page is not a credible source. There is not one link to go to or information acknowledging phicen.com -- ever. Instead, there are links to a 3rd party amazon store, iphicen.com. Why is that? They display other brand bodies such as edation, heads from other brands such as hot toys, clothes, and accessories left and right. These are red flags. For instance, a 'Modular Toys' brand head is listed in a single post promoting the product and also there is custom service work to do repaints for several hundred dollars. Furthermore, phicen does not offer coupon promo codes, sell parted out items, sell used items, or promote 3rd party 1/6 clothing accessories (other brands). Another example being from a post is "Phicen clothes 50% off Amazon Prime Day" selling nonphicen 3rd party goods which is ironic and unprofessional. The official representative (Jenny) is very articulate and well versed in English, grammar, spelling. The party operating the page has very poor English grammar and spelling so I would not identify that as "Jenny". These should be easy indicators this is not a liable source. Always conduct contact through the OFFICIAL source. I wanted to clear the air and ensure that messages/information are going to the correct sources as some people here are contacting and providing feedback to an unverified source. iphicen.com is not phicen.com. Thanks.