Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP REY FINISHED

Re: SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP.12/25/16 Custom Wrap&Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    She's really starting to come together. The head and body on my Indy don't match, but, I don't care as I have a finished Indy.

CHEERS!
    You must have made around ten Indie's though haven't you?

pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Re: Quick SW Rey Bash From Disney Store's Elite Series WIP.

She looks great, love the custom work and use of bleach

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    You must have made around ten Indie's though haven't you?

Over the years, probably. I like to think of him as one Indy that has constantly evolved.

CHEERS!

Re: Quick SW Rey Bash From Disney Store's Elite Series WIP.

Quote Originally Posted by mike45 View Post
    She looks great, love the custom work and use of bleach
    Thanks! As usual I'm making it more complicated than I initially intended!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

I've got two Hasbro BB8's so thought I mod one by sealing the accessory holes on the sides, repaint him a bit to look more movie accurate and them weather him heavily with a dip in my gunk tank, real sand and metal abrasion effects etc.. for his look on Jakku, this one will be displayed with my custom Rey when I get around to finishing her and a little dio base. The other I'll leave stock and be able to use all four accessories on but not at the same time although that is an interesting idea, I might increase their articulation too... So the BB8's will be like a couple of my many R2D2's, a Tatooine weathered one and one with all the accessories mounted etc..

Re: SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP.1/18/17 Hasbro BB8 Modded & Weathered

Good looking BB-8.

CHEERS!

Re: SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP.1/18/17 Hasbro BB8 Modded & Weathered

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    Good looking BB-8.

CHEERS!
    Thanks Roger!

Super curious to see the finished Rey - and get all the mods listed so I can repeat them
    "Itīs been a while since I done had me some roadkill in my belly" (SKETTI)

Quote Originally Posted by renesw View Post
    Super curious to see the finished Rey - and get all the mods listed so I can repeat them
    Sorry been all over the place with builds as usual, lost count of how many I have going on! I just need to do some sewing for her sash, build her staff from scratch, do some weathering and make a real sand dio for her and BB8.

Okay renesew, pretty much done now, might come back and weather her with sand etc.. Sorry I took so long but got distracted by other projects, I did however order a HT staff for her as I won it cheap on eBay so that helped speed up the build. In fact it arrived this morning and I got her finished and photographed before I even had a chance to have my first smoke and coffee!! Changed out the hands so she has a matching pair that can both hold all her accessories, hotglued the head and hand pegs, used the hair straightener on the sash while concertina'd up to give it those folds, sewed up her back, made a belt rig out of real leather and put her backpack on.

HOT TOYS V HASBRO STAFFS

A ROUGH ESTIMATION OF WHAT MY CUSTOM ONE MIGHT HAVE LOOKED LIKE UNPAINTED OR MODDED V THE OTHERS, I WAS WORRIED MINE MIGHT COME OUT BENT, IRONICALLY OUT OFF ALL OF THEM IT WAS THE HT ONE THAT WAS BENT AND NOT DUE TO PACKAGING/SHIPPING!

HAVEN'T REALLY SETTLED ON A POSE YET, SORT OF JUST A QUICK ONE HERE

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

image (1) by kraggy2011, on Flickr
    Coincidentally, I just transfered my Disney store Rey outfit and gear to a phicen body (with third party head) yesterday. Skin tone doesnt quite math the third party head I used and have yet to do modding to gear/outfit (well, I did tea stain the shirt and robe bits, but sleeves and trousers need to be done still and of course need to paint the belt/straps etc) but already it looks less Disney store and more HT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP REY FINISHED-image-jpg  
    Last edited by jaztermareal; 05-24-2017 at 05:52.

Re: SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP REY FINISHED

Very smart! I see the tea staining worked well for you too. I need to gather some more sand off the street for dios!

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

Re: SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP REY FINISHED

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    Very smart! I see the tea staining worked well for you too. I need to gather some more sand off the street for dios!
    Hahaha, you could collect a turd from the street and still find a genius use for it!

In addition to putting the Disney store Rey stuff on a Phicen body I also put my SSC Catwoman suit and gear on a Phicen body with KO Hathaway head but the boobs are so large and the suit so tight that I am scared I will tear the suit if I try to zip it up, so it is for now an NSFW catwoman. Not that I mind that at all hehe