Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP.1/18/17 Hasbro BB8 Modded & Weathered

SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP.1/18/17 Hasbro BB8 Modded & Weathered

Borrowed my custom Alice's cheap body for proof of concept, I'll order a tan small breast clone body when I next get paid but I wanted to check this would work and it will. The clothing and boots are big enough, the weapons are fine (be careful removing the staff, it's in two parts only held together by a very thin plastic pin, I glued mine together), the clothing's fine and the backpack's not bad quality, solid plastic not cheapo rubbery PVC. Her body will make a great teen body for Asokah Tano for example. My clone HT Rey hs is in the mail, the leather pack is Hot Toys that I picked up loose.

Last edited by shovelchop81; 01-18-2017 at 05:30.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Re: Quick SW Rey Bash From Disney Store's Elite Series WIP.

nice! I am thinking of getting some of these for my son too, as he loves my Hot Toys and other figures. Will be good way to get him started. Plus the Death Troopers will be great squad building for me.
    1:6th is like the Mafia...you can't ever leave it....alive

www.hellblazer.biz

[quote=shovelchop81;4775786]Borrowed my custom Alice's cheap body for proof of concept, I'll order a tan small breast clone body when I next get paid but I wanted to check this would work and it will. The clothing and boots are big enough, the weapons are fine (be careful removing the staff, it's in two parts only held together by a very thin plastic pin, I glued mine together), the clothing's fine and the backpack's not bad quality, solid plastic not cheapo rubbery PVC. Her body will make a great teen body for Asokah Tano for example. My clone HT Rey hs is in the mail, the leather pack is Hot Toys that I picked up loose.

Seriously, not knocking anything you're going for, and it's exactly what I want to do. But please cut down those titties! Those things are way too big. I know you can do it of all the guys here
    Last edited by unclechopchop; 11-24-2016 at 04:16.

Quote Originally Posted by unclechopchop View Post
    Seriously, not knocking anything you're going for, and it's exactly what I want to do. But please cut down those titties! Those things are way too big. I know you can do it of all the guys here
    Well you could have read it first:

Borrowed my custom Alice's cheap body for proof of concept, I'll order a tan small breast clone body when I next get paid but I wanted to check this would work and it will
    Sorry, 7am here and on my first coffee and smoke, everyone is a target as I'm grumpy as hell in the mornings! ;-)
    Last edited by shovelchop81; 11-24-2016 at 14:05.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Thanks for posting this, it's nice to see that the clothing will fit on bigger bodies.

That Disney headsculpt looks like it's a nice sculpt(as does the Black Widow from earlier in the line), I wonder how it'd look if someone talented repainted it?

Also the main impedance to my picking one of these up for a teen female bash is the neck joint... the neck on the Disney dolls is attached to the head, which makes substituting a different head on that body very difficult...does anybody know of a work around for that?

Maybe I should get a Jyn Erso when she comes out to practice painting on. Worst cast scenario I'll still have the body to use at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesparrow View Post
    Thanks for posting this, it's nice to see that the clothing will fit on bigger bodies.

That Disney headsculpt looks like it's a nice sculpt(as does the Black Widow from earlier in the line), I wonder how it'd look if someone talented repainted it?

Also the main impedance to my picking one of these up for a teen female bash is the neck joint... the neck on the Disney dolls is attached to the head, which makes substituting a different head on that body very difficult...does anybody know of a work around for that?

Maybe I should get a Jyn Erso when she comes out to practice painting on. Worst cast scenario I'll still have the body to use at a later date.
    Personally I'd just carefully cut off the neck with a jeweller's saw then Dremell out a socket in the bottom of the head and top of the neck and insert a short bell-bar joint (double ended ball-joint). Oh and recess the neck into the head a bit too.

I had a look at her yesterday, not half bad for Disney. Kylo wasn't bad either really, did you wish you'd seen him sooner!?

CHEERS!

Unclechopchop, thanks for removing the duplicate pics!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    I had a look at her yesterday, not half bad for Disney. Kylo wasn't bad either really, did you wish you'd seen him sooner!?

CHEERS!
    Not at all, the body is bound to be way undersized as it should be 13", he has no clothing to speak of or that would be big enough including the helmet and no electronics so I would have missed all that fun! Because of the other version that is a tenner cheaper too, my custom has sound bites from the film by the actor, lightsaber power and battle noises and lights up!

I meant that there is one in the same series as that Rey, I don't think there are any gizmos on it.

CHEERS!

I meant that there is one in the same series as that Rey, I don't think there are any gizmos on it.

CHEERS!
    I know, that's the one I was talking about, all his top clothing is moulded, I posted the pics on that thread! LOL:
    Last edited by shovelchop81; 12-25-2016 at 17:31.

Looks pretty bashable.

CHEERS!

Looks pretty bashable.

CHEERS!
    I'm not saying you can't do anything with him just that if you want him the right size and you're going to make your own or buy HT's clothing you might as well get the cheaper option that has the correct sized helmet and all the electronics too. The 14" is going for 14gbp now.

Ah, I see, I didn't really compare the sizes when I saw them.

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by muscledog View Post
    Thanks!

Just got the donor body, had to perform my first ever breast transplant today! I used an old Hasbro Leia Boushh body to donate the smaller pair, does the job. Found some hands that will work, looking around for foot pegs in a baggie right now and have a container full of soft pouches etc.. that I hope contains something I can use or mod for her belts and hip pouch. I'll also cut away that moulded strap on her staff and add a real fabric one.

Re: SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP.12/25/16 Breast Surgery..

Some reference pics:

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    I know, that's the one I was talking about, all his top clothing is moulded, I posted the pics on that thread! LOL:

Actually, only the arm sleeves are molded. The trousers, inner tunic, outer robe and hood/scarf are fabric. Here is mine in progress, being put on to a dc direct 13 inch body:
    SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP.1/18/17 Hasbro BB8 Modded & Weathered-image-jpg

Actually, only the arm sleeves are molded. The trousers, inner tunic, outer robe and hood/scarf are fabric. Here is mine in progress, being put on to a dc direct 13 inch body:
    That actually looks really good! Are you using the Titanium series helmet?

Yes, black series helmet. I just need to finish modding helmet and body then track down suitable material for the sleeves/neck collar and then it should be about done

Quote Originally Posted by jaztermareal View Post
    Yes, black series helmet. I just need to finish modding helmet and body then track down suitable material for the sleeves/neck collar and then it should be about done
    I gave you a suggestion for that on your own SW thread mate, it's what I used on my custom Kylo.

Narrowed down material I could use for this build, settled on a brown WW2 German leather dispatch bag as it has Star Wars written all over it and does the job, her blaster pistol is a heavily modded WW1&WW2 Mauser Broomhandle pistol (did anyone notice Krennec's blaster in RO is a modded Luger P08?). Anyway any SW fan should know the story behind all the WW2 props used in the films. I might give her the smaller pouch though now after looking at the pics, looks too big to me after all that . I'll find some material to make her tabards/scarf/sash wider too and probably mod the staff as well using bits of Hasbro Darth Maul lightsaber parts to make it a bit more substantial and taller...waffling now, tired..

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    I gave you a suggestion for that on your own SW thread mate, it's what I used on my custom Kylo.
    yes, but unfortunately I don't have a maul figure to donate the fabric so gonna see what I can find in town tomorrow....

yes, but unfortunately I don't have a maul figure to donate the fabric so gonna see what I can find in town tomorrow....
    Having the same issue here, need that same material but in a grey/brown colour (doesn't help that all the reference pics seem to have it a different colour!) Needs to be super thin and crinkled length wise. Maybe I cab bleach the Darth Maul cloak's material? This is what I've narrowed three bin bags full of material, 1/6 clothing and 1/4 clothing to... still bloody confused!
    Got the spare donor lightsabers for the staff mods too.

Looking good, and certainly way less than what you can get an HT one for over here.

Side note: Got some shower gel from my sister-in-law yesterday, sitting over the bottle is a Stormtrooper helmet! It's between 1/3 and 1/2 scale and pretty accurate. I'm going to see if they do a Vader on Friday.

CHEERS!

If it's 1/2 scale that bottle much be 3ft tall!!!

Been going through all my materials again today and decided to sort them while I was at it, that was boring... found some better material for Rey's wrap (as I later found out it's called) but in black so dumped bits in bleach to see what happens, not too confident as the bleach over here in the UK doesn't seem to work very well, the stuff we had in Greece would eat your skin off!

It's just over 1/3 scale and the bottle is the height of the helmet. Here's one:

Stormtrooper Wobbly Head Bath & Shower Gel | eBay

STAR WARS - STORMTROOPER WOBBLE HEAD - BUBBLE BATH BOTTLE - GROSVENOR - YouTube

CHEERS!

Great work! Why breast reduction instead of picking up the small bust alpha? The hot toys clone head is much more peach in tone. I was thinking it would be grey tan like the hot toys bodies. I might like to try this bash out a much cheaper option.

It's just over 1/3 scale and the bottle is the height of the helmet. Here's one:

Stormtrooper Wobbly Head Bath & Shower Gel | eBay

STAR WARS - STORMTROOPER WOBBLE HEAD - BUBBLE BATH BOTTLE - GROSVENOR - YouTube

CHEERS!
    Nice, I've got a bunch of the super detailed Master Replicas 1/25 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by callous View Post
    Great work! Why breast reduction instead of picking up the small bust alpha? The hot toys clone head is much more peach in tone. I was thinking it would be grey tan like the hot toys bodies. I might like to try this bash out a much cheaper option.
    Yeah it's a shame about the skin tones but to answer your question about the body, I was skint and it was only 8 quid, will probably get a better one in the future for it but it is what it is for now.

Wonder which bodies have the correct skin tone to match the head...

Wonder which bodies have the correct skin tone to match the head...
    If you find out let me know! Her skin tone is actually greyer than the pics show it to be and the body is lighter than the pics too, cameras do lie!

Been very busy experimenting with bleach and tea on different materials, bleach for black and tea for white; you can see my attempts and results below so you can skip to what actually seems to work (an old white textured cotton shirt stained with tea) rather than have to struggle with experiments like I did to make a larger wrap for her. Two reasons for making it, firstly the supplied one is far too small, secondly a larger one will hide her shoulder joints. Started ideas for scratch building her staff as it's basically a bunch of lightsabers on an old pole with bandages, clips and a strap. Also compared the SSC Luke ANH/ESB lightsaber against hers, not bad actually!

BLEACH

TEA

These should work with a bit of crinkling using multiple folds and a hair straightener that I bought for builds, those things are bloody dangerous!

Staff Stuff

Reference pics for staff

Lightsabers, Disney left, SSC right

Re: SW Rey Bash From DS's Elite Series WIP.12/25/16 Custom Wrap&Staff

She's really starting to come together. The head and body on my Indy don't match, but, I don't care as I have a finished Indy.

CHEERS!