Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    1,846

    Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    I saw this over on BBICN and I'm surprised that it hasn't been posted here. Apparently the good folks at Comanche Toys have been listening to the pleas for a good 1:6 Russian AKM rifle. It's about damn time too! I have no idea of the cost but their previous rifles have run in the $30 range. They've also been known to make several variants of their previous weapons so hopefully we will see an AKMS and possibly a tactical AKM as well. It does look a bit off though, especially the handguards which seem to have a bulge on the bottom that shouldn't be there but I believe that some careful sanding can fix that. I also took a look through the comments (translated through Google Translate) on BBICN and at some images of the AKM. Unfortunately inaccuracies seem to plague any 1:6 modern variant of wood furniture Russian weapons. The barrel appears to be a bit too short and the shape of the stock is a bit off as well. Still, I can live with the inaccuracies and I believe that many of them can be corrected with some sanding. On the plus side, at least they got the dimple above the magazine well correct. Almost all other 1:6 AKM's (except those from Red Horse) have had the lightening cutouts from the AK-47 rather than the AKM dimple. It's also suggested that it may be a wood and metal weapon which may bring the price to a point that I'm not willing to pay. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. You can check out the original thread below.

    Comanche Toys 新品:1/6比例 俄罗斯AKM 突击步槍/ AKM Russian assault rifle 模型兵人在线 - Powered by Discuz!

    Last edited by Scimitar; 09-29-2016 at 00:08.
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    199

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Finally! The inaccuracies almost give it the appearance of a Korean or Egyptian AKM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    1,670

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    I saw it a couple of days ago, too.
    It looks like a slightly re-tooled Soldier Story Type 56, with some half hearted AKM like modifications.
    I'd love to have a couple of good AKMs, but this isn't what I'd be willing to pay a lot of money for due to its lack of accuracy.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Apparently, some alternate universe
    Posts
    41,392

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Does the tube on the suppressor look too small in diameter? I'd hope this was an early promo, and that they could fix issues like the stock and the suppressor (I could do without that), before putting these on the market.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cimmeria
    Posts
    2,009

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    It looks very bulky, is it maybe a chinese variant because of the unfamilar Sling?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,816

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by 1911williams View Post
    I saw it a couple of days ago, too.
    It looks like a slightly re-tooled Soldier Story Type 56, with some half hearted AKM like modifications.
    I'd love to have a couple of good AKMs, but this isn't what I'd be willing to pay a lot of money for due to its lack of accuracy.
    Pretty sure it is the same OEM that does Soldier Story's rifles.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,816

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Apparently these have been recalled due to issues with the production model. The note from Comanche indicates the front barrel had alignment issues and the magazines would not reliably stay seated. It looks like they will be doing a new production run, so if you see one for sale you may want to be cautious.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Wonder if we'll see a high quality L1-A1 SLR given the same treatment?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Here's the BBICN thread in Chinese with information and images of the flawed production model. You can use Google Translate to read it in English:

    Comanche Toys 1:6金属实木AKM开盒记兵人在线 - Powered by Discuz!

    I'd kind of like to see them take a crack at some Russian sniper rifles. Perhaps the variant of the AWM that the Russians use. I don't know about a future L1-A1 but a series of G36 rifles are what they've announced next:

    Comanche Toys新品:1/6 德军 G36突击步˜Œ系列 六款(#CT2016008-009A、B、C)兵人在线 - Powered by Discuz!
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    BTW, here is a translation from my friend Peter (AKA md123) of Comanche Toys comments from that thread:

    "Thank you for your review on our product, after shipping this AKM we also received feed backs from some of the players. Regarding problems such as the magazine not fitting securely and crooked silencer, we have already spoke with our contract manufacturer three days ago pertaining these design flaws and we are to do the following:

    1.Recall all shipped AKMs for redesign to address these design flaws.
    2. Shipping shall be covered by Comanche Toys.
    3. For those who have already purchased this product, they shall each receive an extra metal magazine from Comanche Toys.
    4.Comanche Toys hereby extends its most sincere apology to all hobbyists and merchants (e.g., retailers). We are sorry for causing such inconvenience. Thank you for all your support!"
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    54

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Hi,

    could someone please provide me with an out of box pic of this rifle?
    Would like to know if they changed the wrong stock. Saw a pic on ebay, but the angle is a bit weird. Shop is Point Blank Toys, however I didn't get an answer from them so far.

    Thanks in advance

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    380

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    My issue with this brand is they give you just one magazine for their rifles. On the other hand their products are usually nice and well detailed.
    Since it's not cheap anyway they should really add some spare magazines in their offerings...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    54

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    My issue with this brand is they give you just one magazine for their rifles. On the other hand their products are usually nice and well detailed.
    Since it's not cheap anyway they should really add some spare magazines in their offerings...
    This one mag thing is kind of cheap.

    However, there G36 rifles are worse than the Toys City one in my opinion and the ACR also lacked detail and quality. Hoped for this one to be nice, but as long I don't have a pic of this rifle, I won't buy. The product shots at least show a lot of inaccuracies. It's like half AKM and half AK47.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    380

    Post Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    I've got all of their Masada's versions and they are well detailed and a good representation of the real ACRs, although some variation on their accessories would have been welcomed. Admittedly this AK74 looks more like the Norinco Type 84S with an AK47 magazine; they should make some more efforts to get closer to the original sources:

    Also the PBS-1 silencer used on the AK47 is not a good choice and I would have rather preferred the PBS-5...

    PS: ooops, I made some mess up and only now I can see we're talking here about the AKM and I should say this model doesn't look that far from the original:

    Last edited by Grunt; 10-10-2017 at 11:07.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    199

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Here are a couple shots of mine, hope they load adequately. The only modification that I抳e done is to swap out the original mag with a Bakelite mag from DiD抯 RPK-74, which I think is a better fit anyway. As for quality, kinda half way there, as the rear grip and forward furniture are still too close to the original ak47 for my liking. I would maybe wait for Dam!抯 forthcoming AKMS+GP25 for a more realistic representation, but this model is by no means bad. Hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle-26d0ea2c-d9b1-41c4-b708-cb52906a0198-jpg   Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle-0bd4dbaa-99de-42d7-a998-b735c4800407-jpg  

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    54

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Spettscollector View Post
    Here are a couple shots of mine, hope they load adequately. The only modification that I抳e done is to swap out the original mag with a Bakelite mag from DiD抯 RPK-74, which I think is a better fit anyway. As for quality, kinda half way there, as the rear grip and forward furniture are still too close to the original ak47 for my liking. I would maybe wait for Dam!抯 forthcoming AKMS+GP25 for a more realistic representation, but this model is by no means bad. Hope this helps!
    Thank you very much! Helps a lot. At least they fixed the stock compared to the early product shots.

    I have seen that AKMS from DAM on Expo pics. It's nice, hope for working charging handle though.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    54

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    I've got all of their Masada's versions and they are well detailed and a good representation of the real ACRs, although some variation on their accessories would have been welcomed. Admittedly this AK74 looks more like the Norinco Type 84S with an AK47 magazine; they should make some more efforts to get closer to the original sources:

    Also the PBS-1 silencer used on the AK47 is not a good choice and I would have rather preferred the PBS-5...

    PS: ooops, I made some mess up and only now I can see we're talking here about the AKM and I should say this model doesn't look that far from the original:

    The ACR is far better than the Sideshow one, but a bit more quality wouldn't have done any harm. Good thing it has rails, so you can replace attachments etc.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    I have this weapon and IMO, it's not too bad, except for a few exceptions. The PBS-1 suppressor is far too small and is best discarded or replaced with a more too scale one from 21C or possibly one from Red Horse if you have one of those available. The rear grip is accurate for some early versions of the AKM but synthetic bakelite grips were much more common. Those can be replaced with any number of grips from an AK-74, such as one from a 21C or Armoury AK. The palm swells on the handguards are too simplified but unless you can carve your own from wood, then there's not a lot to be done about that. I'm in the process of replacing the rear grip on mine and I will eventually use mine with a figure that is gripping the handguards so that they aren't so noticeable. It's really not that bad but with a little research, they could have done much better. For a very good AKM, the one from Red Horse is still the only current option but they are nearly impossible to find now.
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    54

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    I have this weapon and IMO, it's not too bad, except for a few exceptions. The PBS-1 suppressor is far too small and is best discarded or replaced with a more too scale one from 21C or possibly one from Red Horse if you have one of those available. The rear grip is accurate for some early versions of the AKM but synthetic bakelite grips were much more common. Those can be replaced with any number of grips from an AK-74, such as one from a 21C or Armoury AK. The palm swells on the handguards are too simplified but unless you can carve your own from wood, then there's not a lot to be done about that. I'm in the process of replacing the rear grip on mine and I will eventually use mine with a figure that is gripping the handguards so that they aren't so noticeable. It's really not that bad but with a little research, they could have done much better. For a very good AKM, the one from Red Horse is still the only current option but they are nearly impossible to find now.
    Please post a pic, when you finished modifying your AKM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by briefumschlag View Post
    Please post a pic, when you finished modifying your AKM.
    I will if I ever get it finished. 1:1 issues have caused me to put it on the backburner for the last few months.
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Spettscollector View Post
    Here are a couple shots of mine, hope they load adequately. The only modification that I’ve done is to swap out the original mag with a Bakelite mag from DiD’s RPK-74, which I think is a better fit anyway. As for quality, kinda half way there, as the rear grip and forward furniture are still too close to the original ak47 for my liking. I would maybe wait for Dam!’s forthcoming AKMS+GP25 for a more realistic representation, but this model is by no means bad. Hope this helps!
    I'm curious about the AKMS/GP25 that you mentioned. I've searched the recent Expo show threads on here and on BBICN but I can't find it. Could you please post an image or link to where the images can be found? Thanks.
    Last edited by Scimitar; 10-12-2017 at 01:00.
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    54

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    I'm curious about the AKMS/GP25 that you mentioned. I've searched the recent Expo show threads on here and on BBICN but I can't find it. Could you please post an image or link to where the images can be found? Thanks.
    Damtoys - SHCC is now closed, thanks for everyone who... | Facebook

    You need to browse through the gallery. Start browsing by clicking on the left arrow, it's faster.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by briefumschlag View Post
    Damtoys - SHCC is now closed, thanks for everyone who... | Facebook

    You need to browse through the gallery. Start browsing by clicking on the left arrow, it's faster.
    Thanks for the link! I noticed in the comments section that when asked about the weapon and what figure it would be used for or if it would be available as a stand alone weapon (like their M4 SOPMOD sets, I suppose), that DAM said that they haven't decided yet. While a new Russian figure (or it could be something else considering how widely used the AKM family of rifles are) would be welcome, I would really like to see some Russian weapon sets from DAM, just for the availability factor. However, I do hope that they refine the handguards. They seem a bit too flat and to suffer in the same way that they do on the Comanche version. The palm swells should look like they are part of the lower handguard (carved from a single piece of wood) rather than thin pieces of wood laminated onto each side of the handguard. If you look at the images of the AK-74 and AKM earlier in this thread, it should be evident what I'm talking about.

    Here are the DAM AKMS images here for anyone that might not have seen them:



    Last edited by Scimitar; 10-13-2017 at 07:39.
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    54

    Re: Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Thanks for the link! I noticed in the comments section that when asked about the weapon and what figure it would be used for or if it would be available as a stand alone weapon (like their M4 SOPMOD sets, I suppose), that DAM said that they haven't decided yet. While a new Russian figure (or it could be something else considering how widely used the AKM family of rifles are) would be welcome, I would really like to see some Russian weapon sets from DAM, just for the availability factor. However, I do hope that they refine the handguards. They seem a bit too flat and to suffer in the same way that they do on the Comanche version. The palm swells should look like they are part of the lower handguard (carved from a single piece of wood) rather than thin pieces of wood laminated onto each side of the handguard. If you look at the images of the AK-74 and AKM earlier in this thread, it should be evident what I'm talking about.

    Here are the DAM AKMS images here for anyone that might not have seen them:



    I see what you mean. Hopefully they fix it. Nice overall anyway and has a working charging handle. Would make up for some people that missed out on the Soldier Story Type 56 with foldable stock. Let's see if there will be more!

    Good thing you extracted the pics, didn't know how to.

    PS. Got the AKM from Comanche now too and the DID mags like you suggested

Similar Threads

  1. New Product | Inflames toys X Newsoul toys 1/6 Journey to the West - Zhu Bajie
    By ZIPCOOLO in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 07:51
  2. New Product | Hot Toys VGM19 Metal Gear Rising 1/6 Raiden (Inferno Armor Ver)
    By ZIPCOOLO in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2015, 01:34
  3. Just Listed - Hot Toys Military RARE
    By rodroll in forum (ebay) On the Auction Block
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2014, 11:54
  4. Product Review | Mini Toys Diecast Break Down Dragunov Modern Russian Sniper Rifle
    By FireFox1435 in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 22:26
  5. Russian Defense Minister calls for an end to the AK - Say it ain't so???
    By The Great Shaggy in forum Attention to Detail (1:1 Talk)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 19:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle
Comanche Toys: 1/6 Russian AKM assault rifle
KGHobby...Click Here!
Urban Samurai Hobbies...Click Here!
Vlad's Toys...Click Here!
BlackOps Toys...Click Here!
HobbyLink Japan...Click Here!
Cotswold Collectibles...Click Here!
The ToySource...Click Here!
Big Bad Toy Store...Click Here!
Timewalker Toys...Click Here!
ToyWiz...Click Here!
Nouveau Toys...Click Here!
Toynk...Click Here!
The ToySource...Click Here!
HobbyLink Japan...Click Here!