Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Phicen Power of the Valkyrie with slight costume mod

Phicen Power of the Valkyrie with slight costume mod

Bought a spare pair of shorts. Made it shorter.

Cobraaaa! Aaaattack! Aaaatt... Uh... I mean, Decepticons! Retreeaaat! Retreeaaat......

Re: Phicen Power of the Valkyrie with slight costume mod

Looks a million times better with the shorts cut that way. If you can weather out the armor you will have a true Valkyrie.

what fantastic shots! Val is my fave phicen figure, and you really did her justice. nice shorts mod too

Nice mod, but is there a way to either mod the armor to add portion near the tummy cut or remove that sharp edge.. too bad I didn't pre-order Valkyrie and Sparta.. I ordered Red Sonja, Shi Asian kimono.

Love the mod

this I would have purchased
    great mod

Thank You so much for your work on this Figure ! Great Poses !
    Hot Pants on a Valkyrie like before was an insult on the nordic Mythologie. Next time Odin send a thunderbolt in the butt of the Phichen creator ......
    Like the axe blade, is it metal ?

Awesome!

Battle Panties

The modification is superb and make the character more appealing.

PHICEN needs to take a lesson from you.

The shorts as is looks a bit awkward, but having it modified like a battle brief/thong is clever and visually appealing that better complements the outfit design and style.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Hey thanks for all your kind supporting words, much appreciated!

Ephiane - The axe blade is plastic as with the rest of the weapons.

DeltaForceChung - I guess Phicen had no choice but to stick to the original source material which meant that the character has to be in shorts the same way as her depiction in the comics. But I agree those shorts look awkward. Perhaps we've grown too used to typical femme fatales strutting skimpier stuff.
    Cobraaaa! Aaaattack! Aaaatt... Uh... I mean, Decepticons! Retreeaaat! Retreeaaat......

Quote Originally Posted by glarcxensea View Post
    DeltaForceChung - I guess Phicen had no choice but to stick to the original source material which meant that the character has to be in shorts the same way as her depiction in the comics. But I agree those shorts look awkward. Perhaps we've grown too used to typical femme fatales strutting skimpier stuff.
    --

This is one of those instances where sticking with the source material and reinterpreting differently comes into play.

You took a chance and it paid off.

If you ever decided to acquire the same type of fabric and materials and provide an alternative bottom piece of the outfit, then by all means please count me in as your first customer. I'll gladly buy 2-3 pieces easy to complement my Valkyrie figures.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

This is one of those instances where sticking with the source material and reinterpreting differently comes into play.

You took a chance and it paid off.

If you ever decided to acquire the same type of fabric and materials and provide an alternative bottom piece of the outfit, then by all means please count me in as your first customer. I'll gladly buy 2-3 pieces easy to complement my Valkyrie figures.
    Hahah, if only I could find that particular fabric...

Hahah, if only I could find that particular fabric...
    --

Check fabric vendors online or if you iive near one, take a sample of it and go there and see if they can at least ID the fabric for you in your search.

That is . . . if you're seriously inclined to pursue this.

I believe this is a good opportunity for you. There is a reasonable and substantiated need/want so to speak based on your seamstress design and skill to make a good figure greater with such a simple enhancement.

I don't see anyone else filling this need/want as of yet and considering quite a few 1:6 collectors purchased Valkyrie, it might be worth a measured gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

Check fabric vendors online or if you iive near one, take a sample of it and go there and see if they can at least ID the fabric for you in your search.

That is . . . if you're seriously inclined to pursue this.

I believe this is a good opportunity for you. There is a reasonable and substantiated need/want so to speak based on your seamstress design and skill to make a good figure greater with such a simple enhancement.

I don't see anyone else filling this need/want as of yet and considering quite a few 1:6 collectors purchased Valkyrie, it might be worth a measured gamble.
    Unfortunately I don't have much of the seamstress skill in me. For this particular work, there wasn't any sewing, measuring or such involved, just a pair of scissors, plenty of visualization, and a steady hand, so there's some imperfection to it - you might notice a slight nick if you look closely at the rear on the right side. It's a minor thing for me so long as the overall effect has been achieved. Also I didn't make any markings on the fabric before I did the cutting, but if you plan on buying a loose spare piece to do your own custom cut, I would recommend making some markings before cutting away.

What part of the outfit is missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Delanie View Post
    What part of the outfit is missing?
    The shorts has been cut shorter, but that's coming from a spare one I bought off eBay. The original shorts that came with the set is at the foot of the figure in the first picture, together with the cut out pieces from the spare one.

yeah I got that but why do you need more of the same fabric they look good. I kind of figured you needed to add something extra say a skirt (like the roman type)

Quote Originally Posted by Delanie View Post
    yeah I got that but why do you need more of the same fabric they look good. I kind of figured you needed to add something extra say a skirt (like the roman type)
    I thought about getting the fabric at first, but decided to settle for the second pair of shorts to save the trouble of finding. As of now, my work on the figure is complete and I'm quite happy with result.

Wow ! Very nice! Now i see what kept me from buying this figure. I couldnt quite pinpoint it before...but after seeing this, I want one now.
    Is that all you modded?

Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Wow ! Very nice! Now i see what kept me from buying this figure. I couldnt quite pinpoint it before...but after seeing this, I want one now.
    Is that all you modded?
    Hey thanks, yes that was all that's needed

Hey thanks, yes that was all that's needed
    That, and the armor that's going to disembowel her if she bends wrong -- two problems with the original comics costume design. Your fix on the shorts is great because somehow they seemed out of time and place and inconsistent with the rest of her look, and so they were distracting.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

I sent you a PM glarcxensea. I'd like to try this too!