Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast

Thread: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

Breaking tiny radios and sunglasses since 2006
    Sales Thread | Trade References | Want List

Quote Originally Posted by Silas_Loki View Post

In answer to the first point; Zombie Apocalypse survivors are likely to shave their hair quite short, for hygiene and survival purposes. They're likely to forgo makeup for similar reasons. I imagine makeup running into an open facial wound will cause infection, running into your eyes would be an irritant. And face it, who has an hour to fix your face when the enemy are at the door.

With regards to the second comment. Cool that they have added a full shirt for us prudes living in the 1940s. Funny how you'll get all offended if I call your dolly a tactical xxxxx, yet you seem unrestrained to hurl insults?!?

Manufacturers make more effort to research male figures, they make considerably less effort on the females, why? I would guess it's because those who buy the figures are less interested in realism, they want large breasts, scantily clad figures holding guns. You gonna say I'm wrong? no (you are not wrong...at least when it comes to me. that is why I love Phicen) .

Ultimately, I'm not a prude, I want different things to you guys. I'm not suggesting that companies stop making fem figs like this, clearly there's a market. I'd like to see more diversity, and more serious offerings in equal measure.

first of all the prude remark was made in jest just to get a rise out of you and I did I can see.... what you described in what I want in a female figure is close....dang you been looking at my collection or what? what you call realism may be different from what others might call realism.

I just want a figure that is fun to look at, and fun to play with. in all seriousness never thought I would be on a forum where the men complain about a women bust being too big, showing too much skin or too much cleavage. I would really love to meet some of you guys in person just to get an idea of who I am communicating with.

Please manufactures make a female figure that is almost as flat as a man in the chest. no make up and outfits that are manly but made for females. not that I would buy them but there is definetely a market for them, at least on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by masamune View Post
    I would really love to meet some of you guys in person just to get an idea of who I am communicating with.
    --

I believe one of the gentlemen's club in the area can host a conference party. Let me look into that. Be sure to brings lots of crisp razor sharp dollar bills . . . and a box of band aids.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Well from the research I've done on female survivors of the zombie apocalypse, this is standard, regulation, temperate zone uniform for the early-middle phase. Just kidding!

At least DAM has provided the option of a full shirt with this figure. Make up is easily concealed or removed. I'm glad they come with the make up as it's far easier to remove than apply.

Mr. Loki, if you're surprised at the reaction to your post, try expressing yourself without the barbs.

I can't wait to see each of these girls dressed in proper mid century attire! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout3 View Post
    I just tried, but I can't bring myself to order these.

It's those head sculpts. The plasticky, fashion doll look.

I much prefer the Very Cool sculpts, apart from the creepy Angelina Jolie. There's a more realistic, lifelike quality to them. I think DAM have spent too long dealing with their cartoon gangsters.

I like these figures from the boots up to their waists.
    --

No shame in admitting you can't go through with it.

You're among friends.

Think of it this way.

You're a newly promoted Navy Captain about to go out for an evening on port in Thailand.

You're recommended a very hip and posh nightclub to go celebrate and you enjoy the festivities as well as grand show featuring a bevy of beautiful and buxom show girls.

One catches your eye and eye contact is made. You work up the nerve to approach her as she is greeting guests after the performance. The two of you hit it off and enjoy an evening of conversation and dancing. You're intrigued by her looks, but something tells you there is more to her, but you can't put your finger on it.

Eventually the two of you make it to her very modest apartment for a night cap. Of course, the tried and true happens. Again, you still have a feeling inside you that their is more to her, but you can't put your finger on it.

She slowly starts to disrobe in front of you and you gaze upon her from the top of her head/beautiful face and down to her gorgeous bodice and down to her shapely hips/waist and when you notice that she has a . . .

So, yeah. We know you can't go through with the order.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

I just tried, but I can't bring myself to order these.

It's those head sculpts. The plasticky, fashion doll look.

I much prefer the Very Cool sculpts, apart from the creepy Angelina Jolie. There's a more realistic, lifelike quality to them. I think DAM have spent too long dealing with their cartoon gangsters.

I like these figures from the boots up to their waists.
    but......this is how a zombie survivalist looks?!? What's the issue?

I still want them and will buy both. I have no problem with the head sculpts. but each to their own. I can't wait to get them. Fallout3 I look at the Very Cool black shooter and I am trying to see why you find her sculpt creepy. is it because she is smiling or because some think it is suppose to be Angeline Jolie....I personally like that sculpt more than the Cameo version. but again each to their own. if everyone liked the same thing you would be married to my wife ...lol

At one point Rosita was wearing this outfit. Which would make for a somewhat nice figure.

That was a very graphic reply, as though the memory's still fresh.

Are you scheduled to return to Thailand again soon, Lt. Chung?
    --

Captain Fallout3:

No, Sir.

What happens in Thailand stays in Thailand.

This is another set that I'm really looking forward to. I think it's a beautiful sculpt, one that will join an extremely small group of females in my collection that are older than 25.

But why are we talking about a VC set in a thread about DAM figures?

Quote Originally Posted by onesixthwarrior View Post
    This is another set that I'm really looking forward to. I think it's a beautiful sculpt, one that will join an extremely small group of females in my collection that are older than 25.

But why are we talking about a VC set in a thread about DAM figures?
    the fact that she seem to be a mature woman 30-to maybe 40 is what is drawing me to this figure. she is a definite. the only way I don't get the twins is finance, or they come out at the same time as one of Hot Toys characters from the DC universe. I don't see that happening, but who knows. but since this is slated for Jan of 2017 (I doubt it will be out them probably more like march of 2017) I should have enough credits to easily pay for both. I like the fact they are not just knock out gorgeous, just slightly attractive in their own right. ffor some reason I like Zona the best, but again I am either going to buy both or none. love everything about the set, except maybe the body, but hopefully I can find the right SS phicen to do a body swap if need be.

if I am still alive 2017 is going to be my least expensive years for 1/6 figures in a while. will probably have to have my retailer stop taking money off my card, because I will have so much credit built up...lol

again (forgive me for being repetitive) in 2017 I plan on limiting my purchase to Hot Toys DC universe and Phicen If they give us a new muscular body. if they keep the same bodies I will not be buying them. after all my pre-orders come in will end up with around seventeen of the muscular bodies...I don't think after that I will need anymore.

this is one of the reason if I go missing guys/girls on the forum in the near future, it is because I am desperately trying to curb my spending. How can I do that when I keep seeing great figures like these....
    Decent figures I hope they ar same as Very Cool with clothes and weapons that don't easy to break. I sold some of my figures back to limit my collection and rather having money to buy necessary thing. Sell some things that you think is rare and made money to buy figures or other things.

"Wheeee, combat is fun!"

DAM's success must mean better drugs in the boardroom and design departments.
    I guess their new line will be based off various bad cable shows, and Michael Bay fever dreams.....

.....and of course, they will sell.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog View Post
    [I][SIZE=4].....and of course, they will sell.
    --

Piss poor/questionable design? Maybe . . . probably . . . definitely.

Piss poor/questionable quality? Maybe . . . probably . . . definitely.

Will it/they sell and make $ for whatever brand? Maybe . . . probably . . . definitely.

That is the bottom line . . . always.

Just ask Sideshow as a prime example.

No offense DFC, but how can you make any of those statements before these figures have been released?

As far as "bad cable shows" go, look how many figures have been released based on really crappy TV shows and B movies. Is a bad cable movie any worse than those? The only difference is nostalgia for the era. Today's bad cable movie will be tomorrow's nostalgia figure. Many people in our hobby love these figures, and the companies are filling that demand. I remember when the only way to get a figure like this was to bash it yourself.

I'm glad that DAM is going to make these figures. I think they'll challenge other companies to up their game. I think the sculpts offer a lot of potential for a hobbyist to "weather" or in my case, to leave as is.

No offense DFC, but how can you make any of those statements before these figures have been released?
    --

The statements are not aimed at "Vicky" or "Zona".

The statements are an observation and reflection of many half @$$ed and problematic offerings we've seen throughout the years that started with potential, but ended dismally . . . but still were purchased by collectors (i.e. sold).

Ah, okay- you're just making a general observation that doesn't reflect your impressions of these two figures.

Ah, okay- you're just making a general observation that doesn't reflect your impressions of these two figures.
    --

Yes.

All of the VC "Shooter" ladies are looking forward to having Vicky and Zona join "the family".

I purchased a yuge 1:6 hot tub/jacuzzi for all them to let loose and unwind in for some "R&R" . . . coming soon as a photo shoot in the MATURE SECTION . . . maybe.

So they'll all be in the same tub so their opposition can join them!

So they'll all be in the same tub so their opposition can join them!
    --

Yeah.

Their opposition will firmly and rigidly stroke everything they can to deeply penetrate and thrust through their defenses and well layered protection so a final and ultimate climax will be released that will be satisfying for them and quite possibly for the ladies after all the throbs of incoming insertion action from the front and the rear.

We are discussing battle tactics right?

Absolutely! They're well equipped figures from DAM Toys for a reason. They're tactical in the full sense of the word.

According to posts on FB groups today, these two are shipping soon. I know, I'd all but forgotten about them too. It will be VERY interesting to see if the production sculpts match the prototypes. If they do then I'd be up for some loose bits.

CHEERS!

I should have them in hand soon, but won't have many to go around. Not sure if I'll be parting out any.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    I should have them in hand soon, but won't have many to go around. Not sure if I'll be parting out any.
    --

If the other 1:6 vendors part them out, the premium components will be the head sculpt (especially), body, and primary gear (i.e. weapons, etc.).

I'll be interested in seeing the in hand head sculpts and body (loose) show up on eBay when they're released in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

If the other 1:6 vendors part them out, the premium components will be the head sculpt (especially), body, and primary gear (i.e. weapons, etc.).

I'll be interested in seeing the in hand head sculpts and body (loose) show up on eBay when they're released in Asia.

Yeah I am waiting myself to see in hand pictures of these figures. As much as I would like to have both of them. I of late has been disillusioned with buying box sets of figures. So I will more than likely pass on the box sets and depending on what they look like pick up the heads loose.

Yeah I am waiting myself to see in hand pictures of these figures. As much as I would like to have both of them. I of late has been disillusioned with buying box sets of figures. So I will more than likely pass on the box sets and depending on what they look like pick up the heads loose.
    --

You may be better of buying them boxed, take the head sculpts, and sell off the rest boxed as is and recoup as much as possible in a quick turnaround.

If you made back what you spent then maybe, but, would you!? Shipping costs and possible customs duty might make that a bit of an ask for some. I'd have to see the heads and bodies before making any choices myself.

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    If you made back what you spent then maybe, but, would you!? Shipping costs and possible customs duty might make that a bit of an ask for some. I'd have to see the heads and bodies before making any choices myself.

CHEERS!
    Agreed. I have been so disappointed in past purchases that I will absolutely wait. My time to me is valuable so I really can't spare the time to sell off the parts. If the head sculpts turn out great I would love to get them and maybe some of their clothing

Again there are a lot of great female head sculpts out there that if I miss these or simply choose to pass no biggie. I will never completely be out of this hobby but the days of spending 150 + for a figure is almost here. Done with hot toys and companies who charge 200+ for a figure. I don't have to have them and I refuse to pay the price..