Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 186

Thread: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,981

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    personally I am going to buy none or both, vote for both. although never a fan of the Olsen twin, nothing against them I just thought of their movies geared toward young girls. but I like the facts these are twins so I want both.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    27

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    I already preordered both. My only complaint is the sculpts appear to be too "toy like" in comparison to the latest VeryCool figures.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,981

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    In case anyone needs to compare/reference the first two VERYCOOL "Shooter" figures for contrast.

    http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...f-2021a-b.html
    For some reason these appeal to me more than those figures. I don't know quite what it is, maybe it's the first Very Cool shooters did not have the knee pads and I like that style of pants. I liked their third version BDU but did not quite care for the head sculpt after seeing in hand pictures so I passed on the box set, but I did buy three of that set BDU loose.....the upcoming Very Cool have a nice head sculpt and I like the black bdu so I pre-ordered the box set.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    6

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    WOW! Just WOW
    I think I might need to buy them both once I got a paycheck again.

    But with both that calls out half the year for any other 1:6 scale for me.

  5. #65
    andy-b- Unregistered Guest

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    They're nice if you like this current trend for shooting female figures I suppose. Seems to be a lot of them around at the moment.

    I had one from VC, didn't like it and got shut of it. I'll save my money for a new Phicen announcement

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,981

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    I like these, don't like the price, but if I buy everything I want loose, which is everything except the bodies, and I don't know depends on what they look like when I get them. they maybe the only female figures that I have bought of late and did not swap out the body for a Phicen. Not sure if even a mid bust phicen could fit in those clothes. I wonder are they using the same body they used for Ada or is this a new body.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    237

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    These looks way too generic and dull, also the head sculpts are quite unappealing to me. Definitely a pass.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,981

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBunny11 View Post
    These looks way too generic and dull, also the head sculpts are quite unappealing to me. Definitely a pass.
    not trying to change your mind on anything, because we all like different things. just would like a little clarification when you say Generic please elaborate on that .

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    237

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by masamune View Post
    not trying to change your mind on anything, because we all like different things. just would like a little clarification when you say Generic please elaborate on that .
    The reason I said that is because most of the figure's parts are already out there. Now I'm not saying you can find the exact same parts but you know what I mean. There's nothing special or unique about her accessories. I'm sure anyone can build the same if not better.

    I've seen similar weapons (in tan color), gears and other equipment over and over while shopping on blackopstoys and that is like 1 store given I don't know many stores when it comes to kitbashing stuff. At least in Verycool Shooter, you got a cool head sculpt. That being said, everyone like different things so yeah
    Last edited by SpaceBunny11; 07-10-2016 at 10:09.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,981

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBunny11 View Post
    The reason I said that is because most of the figure's parts are already out there. Now I'm not saying you can find the exact same parts but you know what I mean. There's nothing special or unique about her accessories. I'm sure anyone can build the same if not better.
    on that I can agree. when I look at the equipment you are right there is nothing new. the head sculpts are not what I would just call hot, pretty, beautiful...but they are unique and the fact that I know who they are makes them even more appealing to me. but as I mentioned for me to get everything I want may as well save me the hassle and just order the dang box sets plus I have no plans to buy any MM male figures at least not with the current offering that are out there, so why not these. had thought about a couple of the Dam Modern Military figures but as the excitement subside I realize none of there recent offerings are must have for me. so I will just buy the parts I want loose on the male figures.

    not every woman is hot/beautiful/attractive so the will go nicely in my post apocalyptic/post nuclear/zombie world. I see nothing I have to replace other than maybe the body, but that is not a decision I will make until I get them in hand.

    thanks for the clarification.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    237

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    @ masamune

    I hope these body going to be good and work out for you. Verycool Female Shooter body was TERRIBLE! It is so bad that on my 1st impression I almost throw it at my cat. Nasty, it just NASTY!!!

    But their head sculpts are pretty cool, I like them a lot.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,981

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBunny11 View Post
    @ masamune

    I hope these body going to be good and work out for you. Verycool Female Shooter body was TERRIBLE! It is so bad that on my 1st impression I almost throw it at my cat. Nasty, it just NASTY!!!

    But their head sculpts are pretty cool, I like them a lot.
    thanks for the warning. I have never seen one of their body in hand. the bodies kind of remind me of these cheap body I bought from Kit. not his fault but those bodies were horrendous. that is one of the reason these days I tend to stick with Phicen. Expensive as they are at least I know I am going to love them. I could put the Ada clothes on a Phicen muscular body (it was a little tight) so if this is the same body the Ada use I will be able to put their head and gear on the phicen body I have in mind in the event I hate the bodies...have not had a chance to own the Dam female body.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Woodland, CA
    Posts
    2,261

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Are the Phicens able to pose in the VC and DAM clothes? I ask because merely fitting them and being able to actually pose as an action figure isn't the same thing.

    Few action figure bodies are as beautiful nude as a Phicen, VC and DAM included. What I like about the VC Shooters and I think these DAM twins, is that they reveal enough to look good, and they pose really well (assuming the joints aren't loose). I'm looking forward to getting at least one of these twins. It would be my first complete figure set from DAM (I have tons of their equipment).

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    11,686

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by onesixthwarrior View Post
    Are the Phicens able to pose in the VC and DAM clothes? I ask because merely fitting them and being able to actually pose as an action figure isn't the same thing.

    Few action figure bodies are as beautiful nude as a Phicen, VC and DAM included. What I like about the VC Shooters and I think these DAM twins, is that they reveal enough to look good, and they pose really well (assuming the joints aren't loose). I'm looking forward to getting at least one of these twins. It would be my first complete figure set from DAM (I have tons of their equipment).
    --

    So you have tons of their DAM equipment, but never went all the DAM way with them (as a boxed figure)?



    Sorry. I couldn't help myself.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,981

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

    So you have tons of their DAM equipment, but never went all the DAM way with them (as a boxed figure)?



    Sorry. I couldn't help myself.
    love the post.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,981

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by onesixthwarrior View Post
    Are the Phicens able to pose in the VC and DAM clothes? I ask because merely fitting them and being able to actually pose as an action figure isn't the same thing.

    Few action figure bodies are as beautiful nude as a Phicen, VC and DAM included. What I like about the VC Shooters and I think these DAM twins, is that they reveal enough to look good, and they pose really well (assuming the joints aren't loose). I'm looking forward to getting at least one of these twins. It would be my first complete figure set from DAM (I have tons of their equipment).
    with the VC there is no problem. you have all the pose ability you would have if she was nude. The Ada garments other than the under shirt, was made of faux leather and it does restrict the movement. for some reason I do not think that will be the problem with the twins outfit...but I will definitely find out....

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Woodland, CA
    Posts
    2,261

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Nope, I never have gone the whole DAM way.

    It's good to know the VC uniforms fit Phicen bodies. It's a combination I haven't tried yet. I've upgraded my Phicen Agent figure to an Honor Guard body and will also change her bdu pants.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    725

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    The headsculpts are my favorite part...I like the Olsen twins but don't see a resemblance...I think we all just fell into a power of suggestion moment. Regardless of the Olsens I love these sculpts. I'll pick the up because of the sculpts...and the lack of other female outfits of this type (they all get scooped up super fast). I have plenty of different uses for female figures, such as Bond girls...but I find these 2 play into GI Joe / Cobra type figures for me. Female figures seem to be taking over the marketplace...and selling well, either as full figures or parts they seem to be moving product....just try finding some previous offerings. The biggest problem is getting clothes/ shoes / heads etc to fit / swap on each other.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,211

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBunny11 View Post
    I hope these body going to be good and work out for you. Verycool Female Shooter body was TERRIBLE! It is so bad that on my 1st impression I almost throw it at my cat. Nasty, it just NASTY!!!
    The initial VC Female Shooter body, or the recent ACU version? And is your issue with the way the body worked or in the sculpt overall? I only ask because the latest version of the body has addressed the loose joints that were an intermittent problem on a lot of their first releases (including the first 2 Female Shooter figures, in multicam and in black).

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    237

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by edwick View Post
    The initial VC Female Shooter body, or the recent ACU version? And is your issue with the way the body worked or in the sculpt overall? I only ask because the latest version of the body has addressed the loose joints that were an intermittent problem on a lot of their first releases (including the first 2 Female Shooter figures, in multicam and in black).
    Well the thing is I join this hobby with Phicen figures so when I saw Verycool body, I was shocked - the visible joints, sticky rubber... overall it just leave me with a bad taste. The one I got is the one with Megan Fox head sculpt. It like you were introduced to mobile phone with a smart phone and then suddenly given an old Nokia or Blakberry.

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    2,016

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redleg007 View Post
    The headsculpts are my favorite part...I like the Olsen twins but don't see a resemblance...I think we all just fell into a power of suggestion moment. Regardless of the Olsens I love these sculpts. I'll pick the up because of the sculpts...and the lack of other female outfits of this type (they all get scooped up super fast). I have plenty of different uses for female figures, such as Bond girls...but I find these 2 play into GI Joe / Cobra type figures for me. Female figures seem to be taking over the marketplace...and selling well, either as full figures or parts they seem to be moving product....just try finding some previous offerings. The biggest problem is getting clothes/ shoes / heads etc to fit / swap on each other.
    no not really, I don't believe it was power of suggestion on this one, I've seen this post shortly after it was posted like an hour or so later & I thought it looked like the Olsen twins but I was too tired to comment on it at the time, I might get the twins too.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    11,686

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG-787 View Post
    no not really, I don't believe it was power of suggestion on this one, I've seen this post shortly after it was posted like an hour or so later & I thought it looked like the Olsen twins but I was too tired to comment on it at the time, I might get the twins too.
    --

    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD
    Posts
    2,016

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

    Yeah that true, dang your quick at those custom photos.

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States of England
    Posts
    1,263

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Sigh.......just more boring ridiculous "fem" figs. More power to those that like this stuff, but for me it's another easy (disappointing) pass.

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,981

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    if this had been male figures dressed in the same outfit (I mean male clothing similar to these) I doubt anyone would be saying another ridiculous male figure. wonder why the poster think these are ridiculous? You can't call them tactical you know what...that some members are fond of calling any female figure that show some skin or cleavage. I think these are a nice offering by Dam. they even though to give you two shirts so those who whine about a little skin showing can put on the full shirt...hopefully others will mimic this tactics for those still living in 1940.....

  26. #86
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    11,686

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout3 View Post
    I thought that was very forward thinking of them, and indicates that they've had an eye on the message boards.

    Drawing their inspiration from Very Cool, but listening to the criticisms.
    --

    Whether 1:6 brands/manufacturers publicly acknowledge it or not . . . they need to pay attention to 1:6 discussion groups/message boards and actively engage via social media and openly ask for feedback (bad & good) on their products from collectors/customers.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

  27. #87
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    11,686

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout3 View Post
    It's nice when they do engage. Like Fabio from Kaustic Plastik or Andy from QMX, for example.

    You can glean the sense of passion behind their products, learn the reasons why some things are they way they are, and maybe effect positive change through discussion.

    All qualities totally lacking from the blank face that is Hot Toys, unless it's one of those press release style Q & As with Howard Chan.

    DAM/VTS might not be active on the boards, at least in the west, but at least we have this indication of being acknowledged.
    --

    I also believe that we as collectors/customers need to actively engage those 1:6 brands/manufactuers with a presence on social media like DAMTOYS and some others.

    Post feedback on their Facebook page. If they have a website with an e-mail address, then e-mail them feedback.

    We as collectors sometimes work against ourselves by remaining indifferent and quite frankly <CENSORED>ing lazy by simply complaining and doing jack $%^& when we can send an e-mail to them and/or post on their social media page.

    Sure. The idea/notion is that it may not do any good, but if enough actually do it and they receive numerous e-mails and posts about what they're doing wrong (or right), then they'll eventually get a clue if they really want to earn $ from collectors/customers like us.

    What I just posted is nothing new.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States of England
    Posts
    1,263

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout3 View Post
    Because it's ridiculous to imagine that women will survive in the zombie apocalypse?
    Quote Originally Posted by masamune View Post
    if this had been male figures dressed in the same outfit (I mean male clothing similar to these) I doubt anyone would be saying another ridiculous male figure. wonder why the poster think these are ridiculous? You can't call them tactical you know what...that some members are fond of calling any female figure that show some skin or cleavage. I think these are a nice offering by Dam. they even though to give you two shirts so those who whine about a little skin showing can put on the full shirt...hopefully others will mimic this tactics for those still living in 1940.....
    I'm not going to get into a long drawn out debate, it's pointless. As I said in my post, you like it, buy it! For ME, it's a depressing and boring figure.

    In answer to the first point; Zombie Apocalypse survivors are likely to shave their hair quite short, for hygiene and survival purposes. They're likely to forgo makeup for similar reasons. I imagine makeup running into an open facial wound will cause infection, running into your eyes would be an irritant. And face it, who has an hour to fix your face when the enemy are at the door.

    With regards to the second comment. Cool that they have added a full shirt for us prudes living in the 1940s. Funny how you'll get all offended if I call your dolly a tactical xxxxx, yet you seem unrestrained to hurl insults?!?

    Manufacturers make more effort to research male figures, they make considerably less effort on the females, why? I would guess it's because those who buy the figures are less interested in realism, they want large breasts, scantily clad figures holding guns. You gonna say I'm wrong? I'll be excited when they treat female offerings in the same way as they do males.

    Ultimately, I'm not a prude, I want different things to you guys. I'm not suggesting that companies stop making fem figs like this, clearly there's a market. I'd like to see more diversity, and more serious offerings in equal measure.

  29. #89
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    11,686

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    I don't believe any of us need to unnecessarily exacerbate the difference in perspectives of non-realistic female military figures and realistic female military figures.

    Agree to disagree and like Elsa sang . . . "LET IT GO".

    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States of England
    Posts
    1,263

    Re: DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA & VICKY (DCG001~2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout3 View Post
    Not according to that documentary about the zombie apocalypse, The Walking Dead...

    Yep, just because the producers subscribe to the same playboy derivative world view, doesn't make it right!

    Every piece of her attire is a joke.

    1. Long hair providing unnecessary grab potential to a vital body part - her head.
    2. Overly long earings - see point 1. above.
    3. Shorts providing no protection to brambles, or other irritant plants as she rambles through bushland. Not to mention ticks.
    4. Over exposed flesh, perfect in an environment where your enemies key weapon is teeth and nails.

    Truly one could find so much fault in your example. Still, go ahead an enjoy the fantasy

Similar Threads

  1. New Product | DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangsters Kingdom - Diamond 5-Ralap & The Wolf-Ghost(GK001)
    By ZIPCOOLO in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-12-2016, 12:02
  2. New Product | DAMTOYS 1/6 SPETSNAZ MVD OSN VITYAZ In CHECHNYA (78028#)
    By ZIPCOOLO in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-03-2016, 18:38
  3. New Product | DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangsters Kingdom - Spade 2 Nelson (Special Project) (GK002EX)
    By ZIPCOOLO in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-06-2015, 11:31
  4. New Product | [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 Jeans & Belt Set Series 2 & 1/6 Waist Belt Set Series 3
    By acitoys in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 07:14
  5. New Product | 303TOYS: 1/6 three series - Riboud (Housen) -four packages
    By ZIPCOOLO in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 23:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA &amp; VICKY (DCG001~2)
DAMTOYS 1/6 COMBAT GIRL Series -GEMINI - ZONA &amp; VICKY (DCG001~2)
KGHobby...Click Here!
Urban Samurai Hobbies...Click Here!
Vlad's Toys...Click Here!
BlackOps Toys...Click Here!
HobbyLink Japan...Click Here!
Cotswold Collectibles...Click Here!
The ToySource...Click Here!
Big Bad Toy Store...Click Here!
Timewalker Toys...Click Here!
ToyWiz...Click Here!
Nouveau Toys...Click Here!
Hot Toys...Click Here!
Hot Toys...Click Here!
HobbyLink Japan...Click Here!