Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COOMODEL 1/6 Empire Series - 12 Paladins of Charlemagne

Re: COOMODEL 1/6 Empire Series - 12 Paladins of Charlemagne

A pure fantasy knight again, but for me a must have! And the Geralt head is a good starting point for my long planned Witcher bash!

It would actually fit in with my full plate armor Marx Knights. Yay a King Arthur!!!

While this kind of armor was made during the renaissance era, it did exist so it is not "unrealistic". Might not have been modeled on an actual museum armor that existed, but armors like that did exist.

Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD

Cool looking figure, would make a excellent background piece for a diorama.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMorton View Post
    While this kind of armor was made during the renaissance era, it did exist so it is not "unrealistic". Might not have been modeled on an actual museum armor that existed, but armors like that did exist.
    Believe me, this is fantasy (for me this is no problem because I will use the parts for Fantasy bashes)! But it has little to do with real history knights, even Renaissance knights looked different!
    (Moreover, I am glad that a company brings out knight figures in 1/6 scale, no matter how historically accurate they are! There wasn´t so much since Ignite and Dragon)
    Last edited by Hagen von Tronje; 06-19-2016 at 05:34.

I was just as excited as everyone else when I first saw this but now it's died down a lot. I actually like the chrome-looking black and white shot in the first picture much more than the actual colors.

I guess for me it just looks too ornate and colorful like something you'd keep on display and never actually take to battle. I still like this version better:

But in reality I'd probably only buy it if there was a sexy female under the armor This one came close but some weird design choices like no helmet, armor for only one leg and one arm, and that weird looking skirt kept me away.

What I'd love and even be willing to spend a ridiculous amount on is something like these:

Unbelievable A Witcher 3 Figure! I might get it just for the Gerald sculpt!

Not my cup of tea but look cool.

I realize this forum was last from 6-19-16, but I found it listing the COO 12 Paladins of Charlemagne figure so I read it and dropped in. Sorry if some of this post sort of drifts, but there is a reason..

I have this figure now on pre-order sitting for me, all I have to do is say O-Tay!. It's been waiting for me to mail since 3/13/2017. It's a hefty $190.. I totally forgot but I guess this armor is supposed to be made of metal?!? I pre'd the last 4 COO Knights. I'll give a quick rundown on my opinion of these figures since they are sitting right here in the box while I consider this figure or ditch it off. Hrmm.. Coo..

1. The Teutonic Knight - He's a pretty decent figure I guess. Mine came missing an important part (stud on outside of shield), the shield has a loose strap so I just never built him. Quick observations: the plastic hands covered in armor often fall right off of the arm. Kinda cheap feel to it. Again he sits in the original 2 boxes (COO style) never messed with. Keep reading...

2. Order du Temple - Shown above in previous pics. I built him with some armor on, got frustrated and back in the boxes he went. The Head S. and hair of these knights and the loose fitting hands are annoying. The armor is aluminum and the straps to link them together are cheap and look like if you don't super carefully thread them through and then good luck reversing them aswell. His Helm is meh.. I found now knight #2 from the new COO figures is not so good. Notice the pattern of the hand problems and cheapy parts. I Totally Love Knight figures, but these COO ones were a disappointment to to me. Chalk 2 sitting in their boxes.

3. Knight Templar - Cool looking from the promo-pics with a Metal helm but you get a cheapy soft plastic helm. Hand problems again and a terrible HS is my opinion. You cant get the fabric chainmail coif on his head and then put the helm on! Without the Coif, it fits but goes lop sided due to the right side (his) of his beard and his nose. We've all seen this before, helms/helmets that do not fit the boxed figure. Other issues aside he could look okay but the Helm Should Have Been Metal like the Promo Pics Show. It's just too small also...

4. 12 Paladins of Charlemagne - Just an email away and I'll have it Friday most likely.

I had the Pangaea - Balian Jerusalem Version Knight on order through Ebable and the Hong Kong seller never got the figure so I finally got a refund -10% for "restocking fee" when they ironically never got the figure in at all in the 1st place. Whatever.. stoopid crapola I pre-ordered in April-2016. He looked pretty cool, but I just cancelled after about 100 email run-around. I still have ACI's Templar Sergeant Brother (dude in all black) sitting in the box since he came out also. The new knight in full plate with the halberd looks really cool, may get him...but I really like the ACI Knights vs the COO Knights so much more!! COO is well, kinda cheap here and there. The 3 listed knights I have from COO just sit there - boxed.

Anyone add what you think of these COO Knights and my quick frustration review of them. I'm sleepy so maybe i forgot something to add or address.. I will later and can pull out these figures and look again anytime. Thanks and sorry to the ops for this if it is in the wrong place of discussion!

My retailer still doesn't appear to have it in stock. My PO price hasn't been pulled and I've received no indication the item has shipped.

I've been looking forward to the figure for so long now I'm beginning to lapse into "don't give a damn..."\

I might be too old to enjoy it by the time it gets to me.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

I moaned too soon.

This very morning I got notification it's about to ship.

Saints be praised and now I'm excited again.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

I have it but haven't opened it yet. I shouldn't have bought it as it is either a completely fantasy armour or taken from a suit that was very lat 15th century and not likely to have been worn in battle. As orthers have said, like the look of the new one as it is silver coloured armour rather than gilded and he has a pole-arm. But the pole-arm does look a bit like cheap plastic. I haven't opened my Coo knight as I am making space for my figures at the moment.

I tend not to second guess myself in matters of toys.

I liked it when I first saw it and I'll stand by that.

Looks good...wonder what Tony Barton's thoughts are on these...
    -----------------------------------------
    "It's not how many times you get knocked down that counts,
    it's how many times you get back up."

Old posting again, but I did get the "12 Paladins of Charlemagne" COO figure after I posted. It is Still sitting in the shipping box (the inked cardboard box) totally unopened. I'm finished with COO, no more for me... bummer as one of the new Samurai figures looks good (always wanted at least one Samurai), the one in Maroon armor with the deer horns seems cool but COO isn't (to me). But I will pass because it's from them and that's the main reason.

If someone is interested in them for a trade or something send a PM. I'm still mostly interested in WW2 figures and am looking for 3 Twisting Toyz figures even though I have built an "Aurelio" figure from parts found all over the world... Took a while but he's almost finished (missing the Bandolier 'tho). Mario, Luca & a boxed Aurelio, even the "Card" from him I'd like & especially any WOH special edition of him and Ermanno. Thanks...