Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Phicen Skin tone help

Red face Phicen Skin tone help

Hi guys&girls, I'm new here and this will be my first post.

Let me go straight to the point

Okay so, Can anyone help me which Phicen body skin that will fits perfectly with these headsculpts from KIMI ToYs
    1/6 Kimi Toys KT004 European American Female Head For Hot Toys Phicen Body

1/6 Kimi Toys KT005 European American Female Head For Hot Toys Phicen Body

Will it be the Suntan or Pale version? Thanks..

Suntan :

Pale :

Thanks..

Re: Phicen Skin tone help

since they said for HotToys body, then I think suntan in more likely

Post Re: Phicen Skin tone help

Quote Originally Posted by navetsea View Post
    since they said for HotToys body, then I think suntan in more likely
    Thanks for reply, Navetsea .

But.. are you sure these head skin tone will fits Suntan skin tone perfectly? I do have one Kumik head but the skin tone didn't match at all.

I'm just afraid the skin tone of those head that i previously linked is similar to this Kumik Head

This is the head :
    KUMIK Avril Lavigne 1/6 Head Sculpt for Custom Hot Toys Phicen Female Body

And now this is how the head looks like on my PHICEN S09C Suntan body
    by Ananda R S, on Flickr
    However, it looks perfectly fine with both Hot toys Blackwidow headsculpt

Phicen S09C Suntan body with Hot Toys IronMan II Blackwidow Head
    Phicen S09C Suntan body with Hot Toys Blackwidow Avengers : Age of Ultron Head
    Last edited by Syreadisa; 02-28-2016 at 11:24. Reason: Editing link

Kumik heads have an orange/yellow color to them, making most body colors a mismatched. Kimi heads, most have not been released so who knows? Color matching is the hardest thing to do in this hobby!
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

I have both of those heads on hand right now and I can confirm that they are a mismatch for the suntan phicen body.

The neck fittings are also too small for the phicen pegs so they will require some modding to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Killabilly View Post
    I have both of those heads on hand right now and I can confirm that they are a mismatch for the suntan phicen body.

The neck fittings are also too small for the phicen pegs so they will require some modding to fit.
    Aw that's disappointing.

What colour are the Kimi heads? More like a traditional flesh tone? Or paler?

100% skin tone color match between 1:6 female head sculpts and bodies is not possible due to nuances involved.

"Close enough" or "it'll do" is the reality/truth of the matter.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Regarding my experience the best chance to reach a fit between Kumik and Phicen is to use a TAN-Body. SUNTAN in many cases is too greyish and PALE is too lightish. So best match between Avril Lavigne and Phicen should be S05 or more detailed S08 due to the more yellowish skin color of Kumiks heads.

Quote Originally Posted by scousebadger View Post
    Aw that's disappointing.

What colour are the Kimi heads? More like a traditional flesh tone? Or paler?
    It has a slight yellow tint to it, kind of like the Kumik heads. The tones aren't even close, I'd say they are way off. Maybe the tanned body will work better but I don't have one on me to check.

It has a slight yellow tint to it, kind of like the Kumik heads. The tones aren't even close, I'd say they are way off. Maybe the tanned body will work better but I don't have one on me to check.
    Thanks for answering. Is annoying that new heads get produced that don't match popular skintones.

At least Phicen brought out the suntan bodies so people could use Hot Toy heads on them, but while there's loads of non-HT heads about they're getting produced in mad tones.

Even the Kumik heads compared to each other do not always fit very well... so fitting to which Kumik head Phicen should create a color matching body... ?

Lightbulb Re: Phicen Skin tone help

Thank you for replying. Sadly i have already ordered both KIMI toy heads . And about the neck fittings, do Kimi heads have the same neck fittings as Kumik heads?

Quote Originally Posted by Horst View Post
    Regarding my experience the best chance to reach a fit between Kumik and Phicen is to use a TAN-Body. SUNTAN in many cases is too greyish and PALE is too lightish. So best match between Avril Lavigne and Phicen should be S05 or more detailed S08 due to the more yellowish skin color of Kumiks heads.
    Yup, the Suntan skin tone to Kumik head skin tone is way off. I know Phicen are releasing 3 different skin tones, Pale, Tan, and Suntan for their new Steel skeleton bodies. But right now. I've only seeing Pale and Suntan body from E-bay & Amazon. Maybe they haven't release the Tan version of their Steel skeleton bodies?

Quote Originally Posted by Syreadisa View Post
    Maybe they haven't release the Tan version of their Steel skeleton bodies?
    You mean the bodies without head? No they are not released up to now in TAN color. TAN bodies with head are released but only in the big bust version - PLLB2014-S05 and PLLB2014-S08. The numbers for the up to now not released headless bodies in TAN color are: TAN-S05B, TAN-S08C, TAN-S11D, and TAN-S14E.

If you can get an Armored Shi or China Honor Guard body loose, those are the tan skin tone. You're on your own for hands and feet, though.

just buy both bodies then you'll have an extra on hand for another character. It's what I do.

Thank you for replying. Sadly i have already ordered both KIMI toy heads . And about the neck fittings, do Kimi heads have the same neck fittings as Kumik heads?

Yup, the Suntan skin tone to Kumik head skin tone is way off. I know Phicen are releasing 3 different skin tones, Pale, Tan, and Suntan for their new Steel skeleton bodies. But right now. I've only seeing Pale and Suntan body from E-bay & Amazon. Maybe they haven't release the Tan version of their Steel skeleton bodies?
    The heads can fit but it requires a bit of force to get them onto phicen neck pegs. Once they are on, they are pretty tight.

If the head is hard to get on the neck peg, I usually head up the neck opening for a bit with my wife's hairdryer, but don't go crazy.

I'm back. I was so busy that i did not have the time to reply to this thread. Also, thanks for replying, guys/gals!

My Kimi Toyz heads is finally arrived on 26 december.
    Left : KT004, Right : KT005 ( both head size is the same. The right head is bigger due of cropping )
    Kimi toys Heads for OSW thread by Ananda R S, on Flickr
    Last edited by Syreadisa; 02-28-2016 at 11:08. Reason: Editing link

Quote Originally Posted by Horst View Post
    You mean the bodies without head? No they are not released up to now in TAN color. TAN bodies with head are released but only in the big bust version - PLLB2014-S05 and PLLB2014-S08. The numbers for the up to now not released headless bodies in TAN color are: TAN-S05B, TAN-S08C, TAN-S11D, and TAN-S14E.
    Yeah, i mean the headless body. I've seen the body numbers somewhere on OSW forums, and yes it's mentioned that the TAN is not released on Headless version. I hope it'll be released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by edwick View Post
    If you can get an Armored Shi or China Honor Guard body loose, those are the tan skin tone. You're on your own for hands and feet, though.
    I've seen those bodies for sale in Ebay. I was wondering why the seller didn't include the pair of hands and feet until i've seen the actual figure from the official Phicen website
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimster View Post
    just buy both bodies then you'll have an extra on hand for another character. It's what I do.
    At first, i'm trying to buy two bodies along with two Kimi toys headsculpt, but then i decide to wait for the heads to come first and see if it's skin tone color is close to my Phicen Suntan skin tone
    Last edited by Syreadisa; 01-01-2016 at 23:39. Reason: Correcting

I wonder what skintone the headsculpts from the Flirty Girl Tuxedo Lingerie sets are.

Has anyone tried them with a phicen? It seems they are not the suntan skintone and I think they are a little bit too small for a Phicen body.

I like the sculpt but if they don't fit with a Phicen, I won't buy.

Could anyone give advice, please?

Lightbulb Re: Phicen Skin tone help

Quote Originally Posted by PatriciaLaHag View Post
    I wonder what skintone the headsculpts from the Flirty Girl Tuxedo Lingerie sets are.

Has anyone tried them with a phicen? It seems they are not the suntan skintone and I think they are a little bit too small for a Phicen body.

I did not own it, but from what i see, i think the skin tone is close enough to Suntan skin tone.

To me, the skin tone looks alike to Kimi toys KT004 & KT005 skin tone. As for the head size, i think it's a little bit smaller than most of head sculpts.

Head sculpts names ( Left to right ). And sorry about the poor light source. The picture was taken in a dark room with just a phone camera's flash alone.

Kumik Avril Lavigne Head, Phicen PLLB2014-S06 Head, Kimi toys Head KT004, IM 2 Black widow, Kimi toys Head KT005, Black Widow AUO version.
    by Ananda R S, on Flickr
    And here's another one.
    by Ananda R S, on Flickr
    Last edited by Syreadisa; 02-28-2016 at 11:12. Reason: Editing Links

Thanks so much, this is a great comparison of sizes, skintones and sculpts. Really useful!

Anyways, I want to share how the Kimi ToyZ KT004 ( Blonde ) & KT005 ( Brunette ) head looks like on My Phicen S06B Body ( White Bikini ) and S09C Body ( Black short TankTop ) ::

Here's the result

by Ananda R S, on Flickr
    Last edited by Syreadisa; 01-04-2016 at 10:51.

I think both head sculpts look great on the Phicen bodies.

They were available here in Germany at my favourite shop, but I took my time to think about them, and now they are already sold out and I have to wait for the next delivery, stupid me!

Thanks so much for the photo, now I definitely know that I want the brunette one!

Stupid stupid me, next time I buy first and think about it later!!!

As far as I know, neither of these Kimi heads has hit the states. I've had the brunette one on PO for quite some time, and I've been seeing them on eBay for twice the amount of the original PO.

I think both head sculpts look great on the Phicen bodies.

They were available here in Germany at my favourite shop and now they are already sold out

Thanks so much for the photo, now I definitely know that I want the brunette one!
    Yeah, I love how these head sculpts looks on my Phicen body. They may not 100% skin match, but they look alright! ( Not worse as Kumik head skin tone mismatch )

And i think you're lucky enough that these headsculpt are available in your local shop. I mean you can always go there to check if it's available or not. Me, i have to order via Ebay and wait half month for it to arrive

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    As far as I know, neither of these Kimi heads has hit the states. I've had the brunette one on PO for quite some time, and I've been seeing them on eBay for twice the amount of the original PO.
    I bought them Via China Ebay seller. And how long for the PO ?

And how long for the PO ?
    Placed my PO the first week of September.

At
    1/6 Kimi Toys KT004 European American Female Head For Hot Toys Phicen Body-in Action & Toy Figures from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    somebody wrote a useful review regarding the threads topic:
    Nice ! Always satisfied with this seller. Fast shipping (12 days to France), item as described and well protected. I order both KT004 and KT005 headsculpts, they are beautiful and very attractive. About a matching body (Phicen steel) : the best color is with Suntan (S09C). I also test with S07 (pale) and S08 (tan), they are not suitable for KT004/005. The headsculpt is a little bit hard to plug in the neck (Phicen steel skeleton peg is too big), but at end, enter and fit nice (just need to enlarge the hole - easy to do, head structure is the same as Phicen). Very nice character, and happy with this transaction.

Thumbs up Re: Phicen Skin tone help

Hey!, thank you very much for the link! It's really helpful and i really appreciate that !

The heads aren't too small, and the skin is yes similar to suntan I suppose, definitely looks best on a tan-ish body. Mine is on a playtoy2.0, but the Caucasian is just too light, so she is on the first 2.0 with tan skin.
    Hail Cobra!