One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
132K views 149 replies 52 participants last post by  gillsehaj170 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys&girls, I'm new here and this will be my first post.

Let me go straight to the point :help

Okay so, can anyone help me which Phicen body skin that will fits perfectly with these headsculpts from KIMI ToYs?

Will it be the Suntan or Pale version? :dunno:dizzy Thanks..

Suntan :

Pale :

Thanks..

See less See more
#63 ·
Up to now TAN bodies without head have been completely neglected by Phicen - even though it have been announced. Why? I don't know. Maybe, because it is impossible to create a body color fitting to all the yellowish Kumik heads, which are all diverging to each other and to Kumiks own body...

#70 ·
As with all things plastic, you can never be one hundred percent certain a given item will exactly match another even if it is the same product. These items are production run, and variations can occur, even on a single figure. As head sculpts are mostly sold separately from a figure and there are so many variations among brands, it is near impossible to guarantee a perfect match. The safest way to do so is to buy the figure complete. I have several figures which I am upgrading so at this stage if a body doesn't match a particular head sculpt, I can simply match it to another.

#73 ·
Can anyone here give an accurate answer regarding this question? Which Phicen "seamless steel skeleton" female figure's SKIN TONE will best match the skin tone used by Hot Toys for "Black Widow" or other phenomenal head sculpts like Angelina Jolie et?

#74 ·
If any, then SUNTAN should be the best match to Hot Toys. For example the Pepper Potts head is a little bit darker (what is completely unrealistic, if one imgaines, how Gwyneth Paltrow is looking like in reality...) than the Phicen SUNTAN bodies. But from the three Phicen options, SUNTAN still fits best.

#75 ·
How do you clean these figures/prevent the skin material from attracting lint and dirt? 2) How easily does the rubber skin tear or break/how does one prevent this from happening? And 3) most important: Which color clothing works best with these body types without staining the rubber? Thanks!!!

#76 ·
I answered question 1 recently, so I'll point you there. There's no good way I know of to prevent dirt and lint, but the corn starch trick might help a bit.

For question 2, the skin does not tear easily but you can do it if you're determined. The skin section most prone to break seems to be the elbow joint, just because the elbow can be sharp under the skin. You prevent this mostly by being careful and avoiding extreme poses.

Also, FWIW, I'm working on a Phicen FAQ since we seem to be getting a lot of these questions.

Question 3 is the million dollar question, and unfortunately you're left to trial and error and the knowledge that the answer to question 1 has worked to clean some pretty stubborn stains. From experience, Phicen's own clothing is good about not staining, and I've had good luck with stuff from Flirty Girl, Magic Cube, and most POP Toys. You can always prowl around here for reports on a clothing set, good or bad.

#77 ·
I've never bough a female figure - but the mismatch in colour of body & head has long been a bug bear of mine!

My solution has always been to RECAST & REPAINT - it gets slated as a method (especially on Sideshow Freaks Forum) - but what else to do???

We pay 'good' money for these things and as a mass produced item to not do what its meant to, then the only solution I see is to re-make it do what its meant.

#85 ·
Ok, just adding to the above info without reading through it all. Regarding the female Phicen figure and Hot Toys or custom (knockoff) HTs head sculpts: the S06B is the best for a skin tone match.

#89 · (Edited)

Phicen Stainless Steel Skeleton Skin Tone Comparison by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

Been meaning to update a very old photo I had comparing Phicen seamless body skin tones for the stainless-steel skeleton era, and to start assembling a Phicen FAQ. No better time than the present.

From left to right:

• PALE (PLLB2015-S10D body with head from PLLB2014-S07 boxed nude).
  • TAN (Either a China Honor Guard or Armored Shi body, head is from the original Shi boxed set).
  • SUNTAN (Stormy Tempest body with Sheena head)
  • SPARTA WARRIOR (the Sparta Warrior body, which seems to fall slightly between suntan and tan; it's close enough to suntan, but different enough to warrant a category of its own)

I am told that the boxed nude tan figures (PLLB2014-S05 and PLLB2014-S08, the ones that came with the smiling head sculpts) are different from each other when it comes to skin tones. I have no personal experience with this since I don't own either base body (hate the stupid floppy feet). I'd believe it's largely a materials science problem of getting the skin tone consistent across batches, and that this might be why tan seems to be a skin tone that's vanishing from Phicen's catalog. But this is purely speculation on my part.

NSFW version over in the mature section. The models turn around.

#90 ·
Thanks for sharing the picture. I did not imagine that sparta body color was different comparing to suntan. I can say that it is a challange to match the color head/body when customizing a figure. I think there should have color options when buying headsculpts. I know that some kumik heads have "new paint" version, but just a few.

#98 · (Edited)
The best match is still the (old) suntan Phicen with Hot Toys heads (4 generations of Hot Toys Black Widow Phicen).

Attachments

#101 ·
#102 ·
It's anyone's guess what skin tone that head actually is, but your best bet is to get a "suntan" Phicen skin tone. One of the original names used for that skin tone was "Hot Toys tan" to give you a sense of what skin tone they were aiming for. The base bodies in that tone are model #'s PLMB-2014-S02, PLLB-2014-S06, PLLB-2014-S09, PLMB-2015-S02A, PLLB-2015-S06B, PLLB-2015-S09C, and PLLB-2015-S12D (copy/pasted from my skin tone comparison shot in my Flickr album). The differences between them are mostly in bust size, detail of the naughty bits, and whether the feet are removable. S02* are mid-bust, everything else is large; the S09C body has more detailed genitalia sculpting and marginally larger proportions; and the S12D has removable feet (and is much much more stable and compatible with shoes). Very, very few heads match the Phicen pale skin tone -- other than the ones from Phicen itself, the only other matches I've ever seen are from Super Duck and 1 or 2 from Verycool.

I didn't go to your second link, but the model number in the title doesn't exist. There's the S16A in pale and the S17B in suntan (model # prefix for both is PLMB-2016). However, the S17B body is visibly lighter than the original Phicen suntan skin tone, as you will see if you click that link above to see the full skin tone comparison shot. Depending on the head, you may get a visible mismatch in skin tone colors.

#105 ·
Hello! I need help. I want to buy Kumik 1-22A head and a new Phicen body. Tell me, please, which skin tone will be suitable: S22A (pale) or S23B (suntan)?
After having a look at the Kumik blog site, I suspect they have the head (in the pictures) on a Kumik v2.5 body (I have one) which looks more orangy than the head. It is possible that this head might match on a Phicen S05 tan body. Someone in this forum matched a 13-1 to the S05 body that worked pretty well. Kumik heads tend to be on the yellowish side it seems, as my 13-49, which matched with a VC-FX02-D jointed body.

#107 ·
Hi there, I too am new and I am having a very similar problem. I just got the TBLeague body in so called 'Suntan', to go with a Hot Toys - Truetype head sculpt I hoped would match (as it is tanned). They don't match in skin tone, but the head fits perfectly (no gap as with some others I have). I really want to try and tan the body (and hands, feet) myself, but not sure what to use to safely stain the body without ruining it?...

View attachment 377470

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.