Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Phicen Skin tone help

Re: Phicen Skin tone help

Now is the Tomoe body also tan or is it suntan?

Tomoi is neither. It is more like the pale, but it has a somewhat pinkish cast to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    Tomoi is neither. It is more like the pale, but it has a somewhat pinkish cast to it.

Ok, thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    100% skin tone color match between 1:6 female head sculpts and bodies is not possible due to nuances involved.

"Close enough" or "it'll do" is the reality/truth of the matter.
    After a year of collecting Phicen figures the above statement is best. I have 3 of the exact same head sculpts on 3 of the exact same bodies (Phicen S06B). The head sculpts are consistent in skin tone. Ironically, one of the S06B bodies is a slight shade lighter than the other 2.
    "Be sad! Be glad! Be neither! Seek, or shun!
    Thou hast no reason why! Thou canst have none;
    Thy being's being is a contradiction." S.T. Coleridge

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsrcoll78 View Post
    After a year of collecting Phicen figures the above statement is best. I have 3 of the exact same head sculpts on 3 of the exact same bodies (Phicen S06B). The head sculpts are consistent in skin tone. Ironically, one of the S06B bodies is a slight shade lighter than the other 2.
    So frustrating. You pretty much have to buy one of everything to have your own color palette to test against. $$$

Quote Originally Posted by computermike View Post
    So frustrating. You pretty much have to buy one of everything to have your own color palette to test against. $$$
    True!

The best match is still the (old) suntan Phicen with Hot Toys heads (4 generations of Hot Toys Black Widow Phicen).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phicen Skin tone help-20170414_135906-jpg   Phicen Skin tone help-20170414_135608-jpg   Phicen Skin tone help-20170414_135403-jpg   Phicen Skin tone help-20170414_123213-jpg  
    Last edited by Comicsrcoll78; 04-14-2017 at 16:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsrcoll78 View Post
    The best match is still the (old) suntan Phicen.
    Plastic eskeleton?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_SP View Post
    Plastic eskeleton?
    No sorry I wasn't more specific. The original Phicen suntan stainless steel figures (S06B, S09C, S12D) still work best for HOT TOYS head sculpts (below "Phicen Black Widow" with old/original suntan) vs the "new mid-breast suntan" which appears to be a shade too light.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phicen Skin tone help-5lmabcl6qof0-jpg   Phicen Skin tone help-cnqpxrtl0a6r-jpg   Phicen Skin tone help-20170421_202453-jpg  
    Last edited by Comicsrcoll78; 04-21-2017 at 22:57.

Hello! I'm newbie here, tring to make my first hybrid on Phicen body. Maybe someone can help me to choice skin -tone for this head:
    Emily Browning Sucker Punch 1/6 Head Sculpt For Hot Toys Phicen - U.S.A. SELLER
    I need this kind of body, but don't know what to buy - suntan, pale...
    Phicen 1/6 PLMB2016 S16B Супер Гибкий Женский Бесшовные Тело Рисунок на складе купить в магазине Shop2949104 Store на AliExpress

Quote Originally Posted by yangwawa View Post
    Hello! I'm newbie here, tring to make my first hybrid on Phicen body. Maybe someone can help me to choice skin -tone for this head:
    Emily Browning Sucker Punch 1/6 Head Sculpt For Hot Toys Phicen - U.S.A. SELLER
    I need this kind of body, but don't know what to buy - suntan, pale...
    Phicen 1/6 PLMB2016 S16B Супер Гибкий Женский Бесшовные Тело Рисунок на складе купить в магазине Shop2949104 Store на AliExpress
    It's anyone's guess what skin tone that head actually is, but your best bet is to get a "suntan" Phicen skin tone. One of the original names used for that skin tone was "Hot Toys tan" to give you a sense of what skin tone they were aiming for. The base bodies in that tone are model #'s PLMB-2014-S02, PLLB-2014-S06, PLLB-2014-S09, PLMB-2015-S02A, PLLB-2015-S06B, PLLB-2015-S09C, and PLLB-2015-S12D (copy/pasted from my skin tone comparison shot in my Flickr album). The differences between them are mostly in bust size, detail of the naughty bits, and whether the feet are removable. S02* are mid-bust, everything else is large; the S09C body has more detailed genitalia sculpting and marginally larger proportions; and the S12D has removable feet (and is much much more stable and compatible with shoes). Very, very few heads match the Phicen pale skin tone -- other than the ones from Phicen itself, the only other matches I've ever seen are from Super Duck and 1 or 2 from Verycool.

I didn't go to your second link, but the model number in the title doesn't exist. There's the S16A in pale and the S17B in suntan (model # prefix for both is PLMB-2016). However, the S17B body is visibly lighter than the original Phicen suntan skin tone, as you will see if you click that link above to see the full skin tone comparison shot. Depending on the head, you may get a visible mismatch in skin tone colors.

edwick Really thank you so much for such detailed answer! And many thanks for a useful link) Hope I will make a hybrid, and then show photos

Hello! I need help. I want to buy Kumik 1-22A head and a new Phicen body. Tell me, please, which skin tone will be suitable: S22A (pale) or S23B (suntan)?Phicen Skin tone help-1754166675-1621403560-jpgPhicen Skin tone help-1066236499-1482606779-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LIUDA View Post
    Hello! I need help. I want to buy Kumik 1-22A head and a new Phicen body. Tell me, please, which skin tone will be suitable: S22A (pale) or S23B (suntan)?
    After having a look at the Kumik blog site, I suspect they have the head (in the pictures) on a Kumik v2.5 body (I have one) which looks more orangy than the head. It is possible that this head might match on a Phicen S05 tan body. Someone in this forum matched a 13-1 to the S05 body that worked pretty well. Kumik heads tend to be on the yellowish side it seems, as my 13-49, which matched with a VC-FX02-D jointed body.

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    After having a look at the Kumik blog site, I suspect they have the head (in the pictures) on a Kumik v2.5 body (I have one) which looks more orangy than the head. It is possible that this head might match on a Phicen S05 tan body. Someone in this forum matched a 13-1 to the S05 body that worked pretty well. Kumik heads tend to be on the yellowish side it seems, as my 13-49, which matched with a VC-FX02-D jointed body.
    Thank you!

Hi there, I too am new and I am having a very similar problem. I just got the TBLeague body in so called 'Suntan', to go with a Hot Toys - Truetype head sculpt I hoped would match (as it is tanned). They don't match in skin tone, but the head fits perfectly (no gap as with some others I have). I really want to try and tan the body (and hands, feet) myself, but not sure what to use to safely stain the body without ruining it?...

Phicen Skin tone help-untitled-1-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phicen Skin tone help-img_5629-jpg  

Phicen Skin tone help-exmpleimg-jpg

I made a quick example of the phicen/tbleague that I have. I noticed that Sparta is the only female with that skin color, which closely matches HT head sculpts. Also The male M33 and M34 match the Sparta.

The Phicen 2013 Pale heads match the new Pale 2017 muscular female body. The Tans not so much.

Phicen Skin tone help-img_3716-jpgPhicen Skin tone help-img_3717-jpgPhicen Skin tone help-img_3715-jpgPhicen Skin tone help-img_3711-jpg

The last photo, the figure on the left is the Keres No Tomorrow body. She has the pale 2017 feet attached for color difference. The middle is Sparta with Hot toys POTC Angelica head(original not KO). The right side is the Pale 2017.
    Last edited by MerylAkiba; 08-13-2017 at 11:35. Reason: added correction

Phicen Skin tone help-img_3744-jpgPhicen Skin tone help-img_3745-jpg

The figure on the left is a pale 2017 body with Pastel modification and 2014 Red Riding hood head sculpt. The left is School Miss 2013 on pale 2017 body.

The modified pale with pastel I used a light yellow on the neck to test. The rest of the body I used instead a More pale-ish light white cream mixed with the light yellow from the kit and made it into a powder, which matches the head color. Going to redo the neck. I wanted to upgrade my 2014 Huntress but no body matched until now.

If you want to make a tan version body, this might be an easy method. The pale body is bright enough to blend the color right. Hopefully this might fix our KUMIK match-up.

I used a Valkyrie body, but it was almost dark. But if you want a Sparta color body, use the Valkyrie or early suntan bodies and use the pastel kit earth tones.

The pastels come in a wide range of colors: Asari and skeletor blues, Togruta oranges and reds, orc greens, and much more.

Quote Originally Posted by MerylAkiba View Post
    Phicen Skin tone help-img_3744-jpgPhicen Skin tone help-img_3745-jpg

Pastel modification
    were i can read about Pastel modification? that i need to do?

Rost3, sorry for not replying sooner. I sent you a post message in regards to the pastel coloring. I am not sure if these photos were appropriate in this section or if I need to make a separate thread, but I hope it helps:

Phicen Skin tone help-img_3778-jpgPhicen Skin tone help-img_3779-jpgPhicen Skin tone help-img_3781-jpg

I always go for 'Suntan', as it is not quite as tanned as aspected. I had this issue with the TBLeague body, which is my personal fave

Has anyone recently purchased a Phicen S09C, S06B or S12D? I got a new S09C today. The first difference I noticed was on the box. The top of box says "TBLEAGUE." The problem is the S09C body is no longer the same color as it was when they were just called Phicen. It actually looks pale when compared to my other S09C figures. Has anyone recently purchased either the S09C or S06B figures that came with head sculpts (one brunette, the other blond), extra hands and wearing white bikinis? If yes, are these still the original suntan or do they also have this lighter skin tone? I'd love to have Sparta Warrior but that figure has become very hard to find.

Comicsroll78, if your figure is a lighter suntan Phicen, does this mean the latest batch, including male bodies, are lighter as well? I was going to by another M33 or M34, but now I'm concerned the head sculpts won't match the body.

The photo is from the Demon Huntress review I did last year. I bought a M33 which matches the Hot Toys Michael Jackson 'Beat It' head sculpt. He has the same skin tone as the Sparta 1.0 Phicen. Next to him is the new Suntan (Demon Huntress, Keres, Arhian, Mercy Dante) body.
    Phicen Skin tone help-img_2630-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MerylAkiba View Post
    Comicsroll78, if your figure is a lighter suntan Phicen, does this mean the latest batch, including male bodies, are lighter as well? I was going to by another M33 or M34, but now I'm concerned the head sculpts won't match the body.

The photo is from the Demon Huntress review I did last year. I bought a M33 which matches the Hot Toys Michael Jackson 'Beat It' head sculpt. He has the same skin tone as the Sparta 1.0 Phicen. Next to him is the new Suntan (Demon Huntress, Keres, Arhian, Mercy Dante) body.
    Phicen Skin tone help-img_2630-jpg
    I wish I knew the answer to your question. Currently it all seams to be "up in the air," or anybody's guess. I've spent weeks contacting different retailers and it appears the old suntan skin tone has been discontinued. But I've only inquired about the female figures. I've heard from fellow collectors that the male figures are still being produced with the old original suntan skin tone. But who knows?!?! So if you do purchase a new M33/34 figure (that says TBLEAGUE on the box) will you please post here about their skin tones? Thanks.

What skin tone is Keres, Painkiller Jane and Red Sonja version 2? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr_Nayo View Post
    What skin tone is Keres, Painkiller Jane and Red Sonja version 2? Thanks
    I don't know about Keres, but PKJ and RS 2 are the light suntan. With all the current confusion regarding the skin tone of Phicen S02A, S09C, S06B and S12D figures, there is one major "pro." But first, the cons. 1)The "new suntan" won't match 99% of poplulary produced head sculpts. If you can't show some skin with your custom, why use an expensive seamless body? I don't understand how this will help P/TBL move forward and continue to be mass sellers. Maybe they are being over-confident/greedy et? Are the comic related figures they produce popular enough to carry them to the top while they destroy thier relationship with bashers? 2) They are deceiving us/consumers/collectors. P/TBL created a product called "a--b-c-d" with features "e-f-g-h-i." But now original product features have changed to "j-k-l-m-n-o-p" without any announcements or comments or concerns to consumers (or vendors!!!!). What the hell???? That is what 'greedy a-hats' do. They are basically giving all us (customizers) a huge middle finger while they change their product from something that worked into something that doesn't work. You can decide for yourself how you feel about this/& please chime in. 3) The pro as promised: The new "light suntan" versions of S02A, S09C, S06B and S12D figures appear to be more sturdy. They are structurally better made than the dark suntan figures. The joints are tighter (you will be amazed at how much better the hand's joints are on the new version). And "I've heard" that the skin won't tear as easily (but have no proof as I only own a few light suntan versions of the above mentioned figures and they are still VERY NEW). If you (like me) are a stickler about skin tone, these new figures will not work unless you completely COVER them with clothing/armor/accessories et. But, once skin tones are completely hidden you can make a solid figure (BW pictured; FULLY CLOTHED works for me - but for -$30 I could have purchased a true type body and not been misled/lied to by advertisement). And last to clarify, I'm not mad, just extremely disappointed in P/TBL. I'm not a big fan of the comic characters they produce and bought these state-of-the-art figures for skin tone match as well as advancements in 1/6 scale world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phicen Skin tone help-esyglqvrv8hc-jpg  
    Last edited by Comicsrcoll78; 11-17-2017 at 19:35.

Does the light suntan match any of the newest bodies 22a, 23b, etc.? Thanks