Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 119

Thread: Phicen Skin tone help

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    32

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by Syreadisa View Post
    I'm back, and the Blonde PH004 is finally here ( actually it already has since last week but i'm busy with other things ). Also,.. my LG G4 died which makes it even longer since it's my main camera for taking pictures . Fortunately, these photos were saved to my SD-Card before my G4 died .

    The body and the dress is actually new too. I ordered them 2 days after i placed my order for the head, but they arrive first before the head.

    Body type :: Phicen Suntan S12D ( with removeable feet )

    Now is time for the pics >> ( Left :: With NO FLASH, Right :: With FLASH )
    Color match is perfect ! There is a little gap, head / neck. If you drill the hole of the head you fix it.

    I ordered phicen S12D as well, to use with kimi head. Still waiting for both.

    Weeks ago, i mentioned that i was working on my kumik head color to match phicen tan body. I did it. After many paint mixture tests, i had the perfect match. I will post picture soon. But i still need to makeup the face.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    824

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Well, I just hope that Phicen release a removable foot tan SS body. It's in the pipeline, but you would've thought it would've come out by now.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    487

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Up to now TAN bodies without head have been completely neglected by Phicen - even though it have been announced. Why? I don't know. Maybe, because it is impossible to create a body color fitting to all the yellowish Kumik heads, which are all diverging to each other and to Kumiks own body...

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    SEA - The Forest
    Posts
    39

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_SP View Post
    Color match is perfect ! There is a little gap, head / neck. If you drill the hole of the head you fix it.

    I ordered phicen S12D as well, to use with kimi head. Still waiting for both.

    Weeks ago, i mentioned that i was working on my kumik head color to match phicen tan body. I did it. After many paint mixture tests, i had the perfect match. I will post picture soon. But i still need to makeup the face.
    Yeah, the color is perfectly matched with the head sculpt (or 99% if not perfectly match) and yes, there is a little gap with the neck and the head, kinda giraffe looking sometimes. I wanted to drill it a bit, but i never use any kind of driller before, so I skip it for now.

    Kimi head look just fine on suntan, but the color match is better with the playtoy head.

    Anyways, which Phicen tan body do you have?
    As for the kumik head, I thought they just perfectly fine with color of the tan Phicen body.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    50

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    will they ever do a mid sized bust with removable feet you think?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    487

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingbrite View Post
    will they ever do a mid sized bust with removable feet you think?
    Hope is, what dies last...

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    32

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by Syreadisa View Post

    Anyways, which Phicen tan body do you have?
    As for the kumik head, I thought they just perfectly fine with color of the tan Phicen body.
    Sorry for taking long. I have PLLB2014-S08 tan body. Week ago my S12D suntan arrived. But i am still waiting for kimi head.
    As promised, some pictures of my painted kumik head. Still needs lipstick, eyelashes etc....

    (before paint and drill)
    https://beta.postimg.org/image/dtkrdfcgv/

    (after paint and drill)
    https://beta.postimg.org/image/nq44kymsf/

    (S08 tan and S12D suntan)
    https://beta.postimg.org/image/5by6upzvj/

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    SEA - The Forest
    Posts
    39

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_SP View Post
    Sorry for taking long. I have PLLB2014-S08 tan body. Week ago my S12D suntan arrived. But i am still waiting for kimi head.
    As promised, some pictures of my painted kumik head. Still needs lipstick, eyelashes etc....

    (before paint and drill)
    https://beta.postimg.org/image/dtkrdfcgv/

    (after paint and drill)
    https://beta.postimg.org/image/nq44kymsf/

    (S08 tan and S12D suntan)
    https://beta.postimg.org/image/5by6upzvj/
    Ahh, it's been awhile, very busy with many things and wow, I love the result! Thanks for posting this, she looks amazing after the paint even without eyelashes and lipstick. I love the way she looks on the S08 Tan body, like it feels way more realistic.

    I wish i know how to do it, because i really want that head to match with the Suntan color.
    And now, do you have the final result yet?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    32

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by Syreadisa View Post
    Ahh, it's been awhile, very busy with many things and wow, I love the result! Thanks for posting this, she looks amazing after the paint even without eyelashes and lipstick. I love the way she looks on the S08 Tan body, like it feels way more realistic.

    I wish i know how to do it, because i really want that head to match with the Suntan color.
    And now, do you have the final result yet?
    Not yet. Actually my focus now is on S12D and studies are hard. Not enouth time.
    Comparing tan and suntan, i take tan. In my opnion it is a perfect skin color.
    This is the first time i paint and drill a headsculpt. It is not difficult. Needs patience to get the right color mixture. I used a small brush and acrylic paint. For drilling, just go little by little, aways testing the connector peg.
    Last edited by Alex_SP; 05-03-2016 at 16:01.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    181

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    As with all things plastic, you can never be one hundred percent certain a given item will exactly match another even if it is the same product. These items are production run, and variations can occur, even on a single figure. As head sculpts are mostly sold separately from a figure and there are so many variations among brands, it is near impossible to guarantee a perfect match. The safest way to do so is to buy the figure complete. I have several figures which I am upgrading so at this stage if a body doesn't match a particular head sculpt, I can simply match it to another.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    246

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    i thought it was best to share this information here.. it would be a waste if it wasn't fully appreciated by all members collecting 1/6 female.

    http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...tch-table.html

    all credit goes to: kdw63120
    Last edited by psp742; 05-21-2016 at 19:05. Reason: add the link.. LoL

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    32

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Thanks for sharing this!!! Very useful

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    963

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Can anyone here give an accurate answer regarding this question? Which Phicen "seamless steel skeleton" female figure's SKIN TONE will best match the skin tone used by Hot Toys for "Black Widow" or other phenomenal head sculpts like Angelina Jolie et?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    487

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by Comicsrcoll78 View Post
    Can anyone here give an accurate answer regarding this question? Which Phicen "seamless steel skeleton" female figure's SKIN TONE will best match the skin tone used by Hot Toys for "Black Widow" or other phenomenal head sculpts like Angelina Jolie et?
    If any, then SUNTAN should be the best match to Hot Toys. For example the Pepper Potts head is a little bit darker (what is completely unrealistic, if one imgaines, how Gwyneth Paltrow is looking like in reality...) than the Phicen SUNTAN bodies. But from the three Phicen options, SUNTAN still fits best.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    963

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    How do you clean these figures/prevent the skin material from attracting lint and dirt? 2) How easily does the rubber skin tear or break/how does one prevent this from happening? And 3) most important: Which color clothing works best with these body types without staining the rubber? Thanks!!!

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,223

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by Comicsrcoll78 View Post
    How do you clean these figures/prevent the skin material from attracting lint and dirt? 2) How easily does the rubber skin tear or break/how does one prevent this from happening? And 3) most important: Which color clothing works best with these body types without staining the rubber? Thanks!!!
    I answered question 1 recently, so I'll point you there. There's no good way I know of to prevent dirt and lint, but the corn starch trick might help a bit.

    For question 2, the skin does not tear easily but you can do it if you're determined. The skin section most prone to break seems to be the elbow joint, just because the elbow can be sharp under the skin. You prevent this mostly by being careful and avoiding extreme poses.

    Also, FWIW, I'm working on a Phicen FAQ since we seem to be getting a lot of these questions.

    Question 3 is the million dollar question, and unfortunately you're left to trial and error and the knowledge that the answer to question 1 has worked to clean some pretty stubborn stains. From experience, Phicen's own clothing is good about not staining, and I've had good luck with stuff from Flirty Girl, Magic Cube, and most POP Toys. You can always prowl around here for reports on a clothing set, good or bad.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.. the Province of Ulster in the Kingdom of Down.
    Posts
    33

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    I've never bough a female figure - but the mismatch in colour of body & head has long been a bug bear of mine!

    My solution has always been to RECAST & REPAINT - it gets slated as a method (especially on Sideshow Freaks Forum) - but what else to do???

    We pay 'good' money for these things and as a mass produced item to not do what its meant to, then the only solution I see is to re-make it do what its meant.
    "Me? I'm just passin' through..."

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    963

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Great job with the tan body/head sculpt repaint! That is hard work. It takes talent. Congratulations!!!

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,845

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Thanks for this exellent thread and for all the helpful comments

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    275

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    I have a hottoys babydoll and hottoys Abigail whistler head, can
    anyone please tell me what skin tone of stainless steel skeleton phicen matches up?

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,223

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by youngguns303 View Post
    I have a hottoys babydoll and hottoys Abigail whistler head, can
    anyone please tell me what skin tone of stainless steel skeleton phicen matches up?
    Phicen suntan for sure. I dropped Abby Whistler on the stainless steel body to confirm the skin tone match when I got one. Be aware that there's a pretty big gap in the neck on the stainless steel bodies which you can usually hide, but which can give her a bit of giraffe neck.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    275

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by edwick View Post
    Phicen suntan for sure. I dropped Abby Whistler on the stainless steel body to confirm the skin tone match when I got one. Be aware that there's a pretty big gap in the neck on the stainless steel bodies which you can usually hide, but which can give her a bit of giraffe neck.
    Thank you my friend. Do you think babydoll will match up aswell?

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WI, US
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by youngguns303 View Post
    Thank you my friend. Do you think babydoll will match up aswell?
    It should. Most HT heads match fairly closely to the Phicen Suntan.

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    275

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    It should. Most HT heads match fairly closely to the Phicen Suntan.
    is this the one I need?



    or this one?
    Last edited by youngguns303; 08-20-2016 at 06:23.

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    963

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Ok, just adding to the above info without reading through it all. Regarding the female Phicen figure and Hot Toys or custom (knockoff) HTs head sculpts: the S06B is the best for a skin tone match.
    "Be sad! Be glad! Be neither! Seek, or shun!
    Thou hast no reason why! Thou canst have none;
    Thy being's being is a contradiction." S.T. Coleridge

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lexington Park MD
    Posts
    179

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    I sometimes see Phiicen bodies on eBay and they say wheat color ? In my opinion it looks like the same as suntan ?

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    32

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by Comicsrcoll78 View Post
    Great job with the tan body/head sculpt repaint! That is hard work. It takes talent. Congratulations!!!
    Thank you!!

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    32

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho gijoe View Post
    I sometimes see Phiicen bodies on eBay and they say wheat color ? In my opinion it looks like the same as suntan ?
    Correct!!

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,223

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help


    Phicen Stainless Steel Skeleton Skin Tone Comparison by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

    Been meaning to update a very old photo I had comparing Phicen seamless body skin tones for the stainless-steel skeleton era, and to start assembling a Phicen FAQ. No better time than the present.

    From left to right:

    • PALE (PLLB2015-S10D body with head from PLLB2014-S07 boxed nude).
    • TAN (Either a China Honor Guard or Armored Shi body, head is from the original Shi boxed set).
    • SUNTAN (Stormy Tempest body with Sheena head)
    • SPARTA WARRIOR (the Sparta Warrior body, which seems to fall slightly between suntan and tan; it's close enough to suntan, but different enough to warrant a category of its own)


    I am told that the boxed nude tan figures (PLLB2014-S05 and PLLB2014-S08, the ones that came with the smiling head sculpts) are different from each other when it comes to skin tones. I have no personal experience with this since I don't own either base body (hate the stupid floppy feet). I'd believe it's largely a materials science problem of getting the skin tone consistent across batches, and that this might be why tan seems to be a skin tone that's vanishing from Phicen's catalog. But this is purely speculation on my part.

    NSFW version over in the mature section. The models turn around.
    Last edited by edwick; 10-05-2016 at 14:44.

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    32

    Re: Phicen Skin tone help

    Thanks for sharing the picture. I did not imagine that sparta body color was different comparing to suntan. I can say that it is a challange to match the color head/body when customizing a figure. I think there should have color options when buying headsculpts. I know that some kumik heads have "new paint" version, but just a few.

Similar Threads

  1. Product Review | Phicen v5.1 Base Body Photo Review (PHOTO HEAVY)
    By edwick in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 11:50
  2. New Product | Phicen 1/6 Super-Flexible Female Seamless Body in Pale
    By ZIPCOOLO in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-26-2015, 14:08
  3. Femme Fatale | Phicen bodies - Skin tones - Heads
    By unicron9 in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-23-2015, 20:25
  4. Femme Fatale | Phicen Cowgirl (Photo Heavy)
    By edwick in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-28-2015, 11:14
  5. Femme Fatale | Phicen Brown skin tone question
    By Sparkplug in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 10:59

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Phicen Skin tone help
Phicen Skin tone help
KGHobby...Click Here!
Urban Samurai Hobbies...Click Here!
Vlad's Toys...Click Here!
BlackOps Toys...Click Here!
HobbyLink Japan...Click Here!
Cotswold Collectibles...Click Here!
The ToySource...Click Here!
Big Bad Toy Store...Click Here!
Timewalker Toys...Click Here!
ToyWiz...Click Here!
Nouveau Toys...Click Here!
The ToySource...Click Here!
Hot Toys...Click Here!
Vlad's Toys...Click Here!