Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phicen Skin tone help

Re: Phicen Skin tone help

Quote Originally Posted by PatriciaLaHag View Post
    I wonder what skintone the headsculpts from the Flirty Girl Tuxedo Lingerie sets are.

Has anyone tried them with a phicen? It seems they are not the suntan skintone and I think they are a little bit too small for a Phicen body.

I like the sculpt but if they don't fit with a Phicen, I won't buy.

Could anyone give advice, please?
    The heads aren't too small, and the skin is yes similar to suntan I suppose, definitely looks best on a tan-ish body. Mine is on a playtoy2.0, but the Caucasian is just too light, so she is on the first 2.0 with tan skin. I'm sure that they are meant for phicen or similar bodies. If someone decides to try it out share pics please, so we all know how they look. I almost feel like the Flirty Girl heads deserve phicen bodies, so hopefully they match perfectly.
    Hail Cobra!

I want to ask again about another headsculpt ( this time the head sculpt is from Play Toy )

I'm not sure if i should post about it here on this thread again or maybe i should create another thread for it ?

Ask here, if you want to combine it with a Phicen body.

Lightbulb Re: Phicen Skin tone help

Alright then,

This is the head sculpt i want to get ::

PLAY TOY PH004 1/6 Scale Female Girl Blonde Head Sculpt fit hot phicen body

I'm not sure but i hope the skin tone of this head sculpt is similar to that Kimi toys Head sculpt KT004 & KT005 ( these head skin tone is not 100% match to my Phicen Suntan body but it looks alright )

Yes, exact this is one of the interesting head sculpt options, where Phicen body users are looking for. I had this one never had in hand, but regarding the added in hand pictures it looks like the head is greyish enough to match with the suntan body. But as you know regarding color match one never knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Horst View Post
    but regarding the added in hand pictures it looks like the head is greyish enough to match with the suntan body. But as you know regarding color match one never knows...
    I hope so... i hope it looks alright on my Phicen Suntan body, S06B & S09C.

( i have already ordered it today. Now it's just a waiting game )

Yes. Somebody has to be the first and to take the risk.

Would be nice, if you keep us informed after delivery.

I just got that headsculpt and it looks good enough on a suntan Phicen body. There's a tiny gap between the neck and the bottom of the head, but it's not obvious unless you look for it or you tilt the head in just the right way, and it's much smaller than the gap you get in some older Phicen heads.

Photos of it on a figure will be coming hopefully soon. It's a pretty nice headsculpt and fits on the neck peg nicely. Maybe a touch on the small side, though. It would probably fit better on a mid-bust body.

I will be posting the picture once the item arrive and it seems i'm not the first to take the risk as Mr.Edwick already got the head sculpt .

Quote Originally Posted by edwick View Post
    I just got that headsculpt and it looks good enough on a suntan Phicen body. There's a tiny gap between the neck and the bottom of the head, but it's not obvious unless you look for it or you tilt the head in just the right way, and it's much smaller than the gap you get in some older Phicen heads.

Photos of it on a figure will be coming hopefully soon. It's a pretty nice headsculpt and fits on the neck peg nicely. Maybe a touch on the small side, though. It would probably fit better on a mid-bust body.
    Ow, I'm glad it looks good. And yeah, please do a photos of the head attached to the Phicen Suntan body

Play Toy PH004 by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

As promised. The new Play Toy PH004 headsculpt, set on a Phicen 5.0C body in suntan skin tone. Color match is fine. There's a small gap between the lower part of the head and the neck, but it's very small and easy to hide. Honestly, it fits better than some of the older Phicen headsculpts. It's labeled as the "Alba" headsculpt, but I don't think it looks much like anyone in particular. This is fine with me, since she's still lovely.

More photos coming soon. Promise.

That's one nice-looking headsculpt... might have to snag one... thanks for sharing, Edwick!
    "If symptoms persist... insult your doctor."

Thanks for the pictures. It may help.

Thumbs up Re: Phicen Skin tone help

As promised. The new Play Toy PH004 headsculpt, set on a Phicen 5.0C body in suntan skin tone. Color match is fine. There's a small gap between the lower part of the head and the neck, but it's very small and easy to hide. Honestly, it fits better than some of the older Phicen headsculpts.
    More photos coming soon. Promise.
    Thanks for sharing!, i'm happy to see that it looked fine. The headsculpt is amazing! , can't wait for her to arrive!

By the way, Phicen 5.0C body is the newest one, isn't it ? I'm not quite familiar with the Phicen body names other than S02A, S06B, S09C and S12D.

Quote Originally Posted by Syreadisa View Post
    Thanks for sharing!, i'm happy to see that it looked fine. The headsculpt is amazing! , can't wait for her to arrive!

By the way, Phicen 5.0C body is the newest one, isn't it ? I'm not quite familiar with the Phicen body names other than S02A, S06B, S09C and S12D.
    It's the same. 5.0C is not an official Phicen designation, but the others are.

It's the same. 5.0C is not an official Phicen designation, but the others are.
    Is it like a sub category of phicen body?
    This is what i found ::

Female seamless body with metal skeleton can be classified into five sub-categories:

A: Nonremovable feet/middle breast size in threeskin tones: pale, tan and suntan. Tan version not available yet. Available onesare PALE-S01 and SUNTAN-S02. Suntan is the skin tone closer to normal humanskin color.
    B: Nonremovable feet/large breast size in threeskin tones: pale, tan and suntan. Pale version not available yet. Availableones are TAN-S05 and SUNTAN-S06. Suntan is the skin tone closer to normal humanskin color.
    C: Nonremovable feet/large breast size in threeskin tones: pale, tan and suntan.
    Item No.s are PALE-S07, TAN-S08 and SUNTAN-S09respectively. Suntan is the skin tone closer to normal human skin color.

Differences between B and C:
    B : slenderer waist, buttock morecurved
    C: more defined woman secret part

D. Removable feet/ large breast size in three skin tones: pale, tan and suntan.
    Item No.s are PALE-S10, TAN-S11 and SUNTAN-S12respectively. Suntan is the skin tone closer to normal human skin color.
    The physique is close to normal females’physique. Feet can be removed. Will be released in the near future.
    E. Removable feet/large breast size in three skintones: pale, tan and suntan.
    Item No.s are PALE-S13, TAN-S14 and SUNTAN-S15 respectively.Suntan is the skin tone closer to normal human skin color.
    Athletic physique. Streamlinedmuscular definition. Feet can be removed.
    Will be released in the near future.

It's a difference between my nomenclature and Phicen's. The decoding for their model numbers is:

S == Stainless steel skeleton
    2-digit number == skin tone
    Ending letter == body attributes.

Phicen helpfully explained all this in a post last year (which Syreadisa quoted above, but which I'll repeat so you don't have to scroll up and down a lot):

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPCOOLO View Post
    Female seamless body with metal skeleton can be classified into five sub-categories:

A: Nonremovable feet/middle breast size in three skin tones: pale, tan and suntan. Tan version not available yet. Available ones are PALE-S01 and SUNTAN-S02. Suntan is the skin tone closer to normal human skin color.
    B: Nonremovable feet/large breast size in three skin tones: pale, tan and suntan. Pale version not available yet. Available ones are TAN-S05 and SUNTAN-S06. Suntan is the skin tone closer to normal human skin color.
    C: Nonremovable feet/large breast size in threeskin tones: pale, tan and suntan.
    Item No.s are PALE-S07, TAN-S08 and SUNTAN-S09 respectively. Suntan is the skin tone closer to normal human skin color.

Differences between B and C:
    B : slenderer waist, buttock more curved
    C: more defined woman secret part

D. Removable feet/ large breast size in three skin tones: pale, tan and suntan.
    Item No.s are PALE-S10, TAN-S11 and SUNTAN-S12 respectively. Suntan is the skin tone closer to normal human skin color.
    The physique is close to normal females’physique. Feet can be removed. Will be released in the near future.
    E. Removable feet/large breast size in three skintones: pale, tan and suntan.
    Item No.s are PALE-S13, TAN-S14 and SUNTAN-S15 respectively.Suntan is the skin tone closer to normal human skin color.
    Phicen also referred to the two releases before the stainless steel skeleton as the "3.0" and "4.0" bodies, which made the stainless-steel bodies the "5.0" in my mind. So I prefer to call them the 5.0 bodies and specify body attributes using the letters Phicen provided (and which are also in their model numbers), but state the skin tone explicitly rather than encoding it in a number that I really don't have the mental capacity to memorize. So, if I am getting the naming right, the translation from your list to my nomenclature would be:

S02A == 5.0A in suntan (meaning mid-bust, perma-heel feet)
    S06B == 5.0B in suntan (meaning large-bust, perma-heel feet)
    S09C == 5.0C in suntan (meaning large-bust, perma-heel feet, and sculpted genitalia)
    S12D == 5.0D in suntan (meaning large-bust, removable feet)

The "E" series body that Phicen noted in their original post is the muscle body that is in use on Liesel Van Helsing and Stormy Tempest so far, and which I compared to a 5.0C in pale (which, if I read the above right, is the S07C model), but which is not available yet as a boxed standalone body. I guess my nomenclature has the benefit that I can describe that model explicitly even though Phicen hasn't technically released it yet.

In my system, the pre-5.0 bodies also state bust size and skin tone explicitly, like "4.0 pale large bust" because the A-E letters didn't exist back then. I have no idea what those model numbers were, but I don't think they were consistent with the newer S-XX-Y type model numbers.

I do have a method to my madness, and the best thing I can say about it over Phicen's is that it's more consistent over their entire product line. However, the quote "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" may be relevant here -- I leave that debate up to you guys .

Is it like a sub category of phicen body?
    This is what i found ::
    No, 5.0C is a forum invention. It's for the easier differentiation to the former generations of Phicen seamless bodies, which were count be Phicen itself to the generation 4. And then Phicen changed there designation system to "S" like "S"teel body.

Thumbs up Re: Phicen Skin tone help

It's a difference between my nomenclature and Phicen's. The decoding for their model numbers is:

Phicen helpfully explained all this in a post last year (which Syreadisa quoted above, but which I'll repeat so you don't have to scroll up and down a lot):

Phicen also referred to the two releases before the stainless steel skeleton as the "3.0" and "4.0" bodies, which made the stainless-steel bodies the "5.0" in my mind. So I prefer to call them the 5.0 bodies and specify body attributes using the letters Phicen provided (and which are also in their model numbers), but state the skin tone explicitly rather than encoding it in a number that I really don't have the mental capacity to memorize. So, if I am getting the naming right, the translation from your list to my nomenclature would be:

S02A == 5.0A in suntan (meaning mid-bust, perma-heel feet)
    S06B == 5.0B in suntan (meaning large-bust, perma-heel feet)
    S09C == 5.0C in suntan (meaning large-bust, perma-heel feet, and sculpted genitalia)
    S12D == 5.0D in suntan (meaning large-bust, removable feet)

The "E" series body that Phicen noted in their original post is the muscle body that is in use on Liesel Van Helsing and Stormy Tempest so far, and which I compared to a 5.0C in pale (which, if I read the above right, is the S07C model), but which is not available yet as a boxed standalone body. I guess my nomenclature has the benefit that I can describe that model explicitly even though Phicen hasn't technically released it yet.

In my system, the pre-5.0 bodies also state bust size and skin tone explicitly, like "4.0 pale large bust" because the A-E letters didn't exist back then. I have no idea what those model numbers were, but I don't think they were consistent with the newer S-XX-Y type model numbers.

I do have a method to my madness, and the best thing I can say about it over Phicen's is that it's more consistent over their entire product line. However, the quote "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" may be relevant here -- I leave that debate up to you guys .
    No, 5.0C is a forum invention. It's for the easier differentiation to the former generations of Phicen seamless bodies, which were count be Phicen itself to the generation 4. And then Phicen changed there designation system to "S" like "S"teel body.
    Thanks so much for explaining all of this. Yes sure there is a detailed explanation of it but i just don't get it ( maybe i didn't read it well ). And what you write here is very clear to me! Thanks again to share this! I believe a lot of people will find this very helpful.

So, if the number indicates skin tone, S09 color is not the same as S12 ? Even they say 'suntan' for both?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_SP View Post
    So, if the number indicates skin tone, S09 color is not the same as S12 ? Even they say 'suntan' for both?
    No, SUNTAN stays SUNTAN. But the numbering of color digit is consecutive. So, the two digits specify the color, but not with a fixed value for the three colors in each variant. And in addition the system is not consistent in the low numbers.
    Mid bust SUNTAN should be S03 and not S02, if S06, S09, S12 and S15 are SUNTAN. S02 should be TAN. But TAN mid bust is not existing and not planned. S04 should be non removable feet/large breast size PALE. But it also is not existing and not planned. The system then starts to be consistent. The mistake has its cause in the wrong specified figure PLMB2014-S02. It was and is (!) promised to be TAN, what would fit to the numbering system of the stainless steel bodies. But in fact it was and is delivered in SUNTAN...

S01 PALE, S02 SUNTAN (!), S03 ? = Non removable feet / middle breast size
    S04 PALE, S05 TAN, S06 SUNTAN = Non removable feet / large breast size.
    S07 PALE, S08 TAN, S09 SUNTAN = Non removable feet / large breast size. More defined woman secret part.
    S10 PALE, S11 TAN, S12 SUNTAN = Removable feet / large breast size.
    S13 PALE, S14 TAN, S15 SUNTAN = Removable feet / large breast size. Athletic physique. Streamlined muscular definition.
    Last edited by Horst; 02-16-2016 at 11:58.

I just hope they actually release a S11 Tan or S14 Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Texastoyz View Post
    I just hope they actually release a S11 Tan or S14 Tan.
    Yes. That would help a lot, because it would open the world of Kumik heads...

Yes. That would help a lot, because it would open the world of Kumik heads...
    Thats interesting. I've bought pllb2014-s08 (tan / big boobies / non rem. feet) to put a kumik head because people here suggested tan color. I did not have any phicen doll neither kumik heads so i took the risk. Color and head position failed. I modified the hole of the head, and now i am working on paint color mixing to get the same body skin color. I should paint the head in few weeks time.

About the non removeble feet, sometimes is kinda boring. Almost all the shoes is meant to use with pegs.... I am thinking about in getting another phicen body soon, but this time i will buy S12D body (suntan / removeble feet). Gonna be way easier to customise my figure.

Thats interesting. I've bought pllb2014-s08 (tan / big boobies / non rem. feet) to put a kumik head because people here suggested tan color. I did not have any phicen doll neither kumik heads so i took the risk. Color and head position failed. I modified the hole of the head, and now i am working on paint color mixing to get the same body skin color. I should paint the head in few weeks time.
    Shi... What kind of head did you try? Was it too greyisch or too light or too yellow or what?

Shi... What kind of head did you try? Was it too greyisch or too light or too yellow or what?
    It is Kumik K087. I tried to attach a pic comparing head and body, but it is not working.....
    This is the head:
    http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig23/10230442a.jpg

It is Kumik K087. I tried to attach a pic comparing head and body, but it is not working.....
    This is the head:
    http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig23/10230442a.jpg
    Uuuups, that is a big surprise.
    I had exact that Kumik head in hand in comparison to the Phicen S05 body and it was one of the best (not perfect as well) fits between Kumik head color and Phicen body color I have ever seen. Could it be that even the Kumik heads of one series to each other are not color constant?

Uuuups, that is a big surprise.
    I had exact that Kumik head in hand in comparison to the Phicen S05 body and it was one of the best (not perfect as well) fits between Kumik head color and Phicen body color I have ever seen. Could it be that even the Kumik heads of one series to each other are not color constant?
    Here, take a look. Color is very different!
    http://s19.postimg.org/mbu7hrizn/kumik.jpg
    I don't know if there is diference between complete doll set or just body, but you can see a huge gap on the neck, fortunately I already fixed that. Maybe the neck peg is higher on bodies that are sold with the phicen head.......
    Please, would you mind in posting a pic of your kumik figure?

No, I cannot, because I did not like the big Phicen boobs in combination with the wobble feet. And so, I sent it all back to the dealer.

Regarding color I am a little bit surprised that the Phicen S08 body looks so "red". The S05 was more yellowish? And fits better to Kumik than S08? The mechanical incompatibility between Phicen stainless body and Kumik heads is well known, but it can be overborne.

Here, take a look. Color is very different!
    http://s19.postimg.org/mbu7hrizn/kumik.jpg
    I don't know if there is diference between complete doll set or just body, but you can see a huge gap on the neck, fortunately I already fixed that. Maybe the neck peg is higher on bodies that are sold with the phicen head.......
    The Phicen SS neck pegs are indeed much longer than their past incarnations, so many heads require a little drilling out of the neck hole to make them sit down further.

Kumik's you will find tend to be more yellow/orange than most HS, and are very difficult to color match.

Arrow Re: Phicen Skin tone help

I'm back, and the Blonde PH004 is finally here ( actually it already has since last week but i'm busy with other things ). Also,.. my LG G4 died which makes it even longer since it's my main camera for taking pictures . Fortunately, these photos were saved to my SD-Card before my G4 died .

The body and the dress is actually new too. I ordered them 2 days after i placed my order for the head, but they arrive first before the head.

Body type :: Phicen Suntan S12D ( with removeable feet )

Now is time for the pics >> ( Left :: With NO FLASH, Right :: With FLASH )

And now with little glasses and a hat ::
    Playtoy PH004 on Phicen S12D BODY - WMRK”d by Ananda R S, on Flickr