Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: VTS Toys :1/6 NEW EPOCH COP (VM-013)

Re: VTS Toys :1/6 NEW EPOCH COP (VM-013)

Can't blame Collectable Kitbash for not stocking the figure - I picked the Art Figures Daedd from KG Hobby.

love that sculpt. will look for it loose. I would be in if they would show us the body they are using for the figure. some may argue since it will be dressed what do it matter? for me it does...I don't always keep a figure in the clothes that it come in, especially since I am not a Dredd fan in the first place. not that I don't like the character I never followed his adventures. the only complete dredd I ever read he was teamed up with the Batman. but I do not want to spend a 150 just to get a body I do not like. so for now I will pass until I see a picture of the body. someone will part it out on ebay and then I will get to see it....

Quote Originally Posted by masamune View Post
    but I do not want to spend a 150 just to get a body I do not like. so for now I will pass until I see a picture of the body. someone will part it out on ebay and then I will get to see it....
    --

Throughout the history of the 1:6 hobby, some collectors indeed spent $150.00 and/or less to get a boxed figure only to find they didn't like the body, the body broke, the body was not ideal, etc.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

I wonder if VTS will possibly ramp up their offerings?

Maybe . . . just maybe . . . their interpretation of a "Selene" inspired/themed figure without the $250.00 USD price tag?

HMMM . . .
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout3 View Post
    I'm struggling to remember or find the Russian female soldier.
    --

IIRC, check out the thread about the 1:6 exhibition show that featured DAM and some other 1:6 brands/manufacturers. The thread's title escapes me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    I wonder if VTS will possibly ramp up their offerings?

Maybe . . . just maybe . . . their interpretation of a "Selene" inspired/themed figure without the $250.00 USD price tag?

HMMM . . .
    There is an idea.
    If VTS does it, they might pull out something great.
    Yet again, I'm not a big fan of unlicensed product (yeah.. call me thick headed..)
    I rather have them go legit and make great looking product (not over-priced thou)

I remember now... an airborne soldier?

DAM Keira / Ada hasn't come out yet, so we haven't seen a DAM female body yet, have we?
    --

No. She has yet to be released.

DAM Keira / Ada hasn't come out yet, so we haven't seen a DAM female body yet, have we?
    Not just not out yet, but a full two skipped spots behind, in the sequence of announced GK figures. So there must be some story there.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Alberta, Canada, North American Continent, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy...

Sold!

I'm in!!!
    “What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? A Little Recoil”

This looks pretty cool. I would pick one up if I had the male version to go with it.

I don't think it is supposed to resemble the actress that played Anderson in the film "Dredd." I only say that because it looks nothing like her and Anderson was also a character in the comics which the films are based on. So maybe the appearance of the character is open to interpretation.

The gear and uniform obviously seem to be based on the film.
    Breaking tiny radios and sunglasses since 2006
    Sales Thread | Trade References | Want List

Quote Originally Posted by dunk_guy01 View Post
    This looks pretty cool. I would pick one up if I had the male version to go with it.

I don't think it is supposed to resemble the actress that played Anderson in the film "Dredd." I only say that because it looks nothing like her and Anderson was also a character in the comics which the films are based on. So maybe the appearance of the character is open to interpretation.

The gear and uniform obviously seem to be based on the film.
    --

GOD DAMN IT!

You used the "D" word!

--

GOD DAMN IT!

You used the "D" word!

Masamune did in post #76 too (just in case anyone wants to edit).

On another note, I can't help thinking that for the same level of risk and hassle, VTS toys could have made a Judg D himself, but Comics version style, and it would probably have been more welcome and an even better seller than this will be.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Maybe VTS will produce a version based on the first film version that was closer the source material?

Who knows?

I realize this is too early, but maybe VTS will produce their own version of the character with some minor improvements compared to the version from AF.

Overall, the AF version was very good even with some quibbles like any much anticipated figure.

In terms of possibility/precedence, VTS produced "The Revenger" while AF produced the "Saves" figure. DAM produced their version of the BHD character after AF produced their version. The possibility is there, but again we can only hope, wait, and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Not just not out yet, but a full two skipped spots behind, in the sequence of announced GK figures. So there must be some story there.
    --

I hope "Ada" has not been quietly/silently cancelled for whatever reasons. It would be a major disappointment if she was.

Alberta, Canada, North American Continent, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy...

--

It'll be cool if not cooler than the Heavy Armored Cop figure.
    Let's not be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Let's not be silly.
    --

Some douche bag posted this online. It's a fitting reply.

My niche is 1:6 female figures so I'm biased. That makes me silly then.

Granted, the AF HAC figure was cool even with its issues. However, the Epoch Cop looks more refined and cooler IMHO.

As echoed previously, I do hope that VTS will consider producing their own interpretation of the HAC figure (i.e. Epoch Cop's Instructor or something similar).

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    They still haven't even got the tooling/design correct on the previous 3 generations of male figures, so it isn't a surprise their first female body based figure has seen delays. Also if you follow their release pattern, many of the figures are released in sequence when they are sharing common parts from a production run. The one offs tend to be a bit more delayed.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

I did send an e-mail to DAM sometime back politely inquiring about Ada as well as inquire about it on their Facebook page.

No response.

I tried.

love that sculpt. will look for it loose. I would be in if they would show us the body they are using for the figure. some may argue since it will be dressed what do it matter? for me it does...I don't always keep a figure in the clothes that it come in, especially since I am not a Dredd fan in the first place. not that I don't like the character I never followed his adventures. the only complete dredd I ever read he was teamed up with the Batman. but I do not want to spend a 150 just to get a body I do not like. so for now I will pass until I see a picture of the body. someone will part it out on ebay and then I will get to see it....
    long time ago they posted their prototype body, lucky I saved it

at the time I thought it was nice, but... today it seems like just another standard jointed bodies out there.

Quote Originally Posted by navetsea View Post

at the time I thought it was nice, but... today it seems like just another standard jointed bodies out there.
    --

I wonder if DAM ended up making further design modifications in terms of aesthetics, form, and function based on what the other 1:6 brands/manufacturers have done thus far resulting in the delay (among other reasons posted).

--

I wonder if DAM ended up making further design modifications in terms of aesthetics, form, and function based on what the other 1:6 brands/manufacturers have done thus far resulting in the delay (among other reasons posted).
    I think the body was for female figures in general , starting with Gangster Kingdom ADA and they didnt create the body with this release in mind.

There may be trouble ahead (or good news as well):

https://www.facebook.com/worldof3a
    --

2016 is already looking to be interesting. That is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by navetsea View Post

thanks for saving this bro. don't look to bad. Hopefully Ada will come out first. I really want the Ada and if I like her, then I would be in for this. of course she will get rid of the Helmet since she won't be a Judge in my 1/6 world. I really wish Hot Toys or someone would do a Sylvester Stallone version of Judge Dredd, corny as it may have been I love that movie. then I could dress her back up as a Judge to be partner with the real Judge Dredd.

thanks for saving this bro. don't look to bad. Hopefully Ada will come out first. I really want the Ada and if I like her, then I would be in for this. of course she will get rid of the Helmet since she won't be a Judge in my 1/6 world. I really wish Hot Toys or someone would do a Sylvester Stallone version of Judge Dredd, corny as it may have been I love that movie. then I could dress her back up as a Judge to be partner with the real Judge Dredd.
    --

Be honest.

You would go ape $%^& if PHICEN produced a Epoch Cop figure using a steel frame seamless body.

--

Be honest.

You would go ape $%^& if PHICEN produced a Epoch Cop figure using a steel frame seamless body.

To be honest I am starting to think like a lot of the people on this forum. You know how I feel about the Phicen's SS bodies. I love them but have this problem that with those bodies I do not want too much clothes on them. I want a outfit that is going to show off that seamless body. so if i am going to fully outfit a body I don't necessarily have to have a Seamless body. Now most of the outfits made by Super Duck for female seem to be geared for the Phicen. this figure is okay to use a jointed body she is covered from head to toe. I just wouldn't keep that helmet on her, it hides that great head sculpt.

Some douche bag posted this online. It's a fitting reply.
    To your bizarre obsession with Bettie Page/Phicen, yes.

My niche is 1:6 female figures so I'm biased. That makes me silly then.

Granted, the AF HAC figure was cool even with its issues. However, the Epoch Cop looks more refined and cooler IMHO.
    Not really. Like Batgirl or Supergirl or any one of a thousand others, she's derivative, being a female version of an existing male character, and while the embossing on the jacket shoulders is nice, much of the equipment appears less detailed than the AF version. Her pistol is much rougher-looking, her breaching mine appears to be molded as a solid piece with its carrier, and the holster and body armour also seem to lack the unique closures that the AF cop's equipment features. So yes, definitely cool, but let's not get carried away.

As echoed previously, I do hope that VTS will consider producing their own interpretation of the HAC figure (i.e. Epoch Cop's Instructor or something similar.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Not really. Like Batgirl or Supergirl or any one of a thousand others, she's derivative, being a female version of an existing male character, and while the embossing on the jacket shoulders is nice, much of the equipment appears less detailed than the AF version. Her pistol is much rougher-looking, her breaching mine appears to be molded as a solid piece with its carrier, and the holster and body armour also seem to lack the unique closures that the AF cop's equipment features. So yes, definitely cool, but let's not get carried away.
    Totally agree. As to the character herself though, she's potentially a lot more than a Rule 63 feminized version of Judge D because she's got two things going on, the slightly more forgiving personality which contrasts with him, and also the psychic abilities which mean that her character can be used differently from his. Admittedly the Dr*dd movie didn't have time to make sharp contrasts for her. But in the comics she's occasionally had her own storylines where as a main protagonist she's more a Dr Strange than a Judge D. So yeah, potentially a good character in her own independent right.

really like this figure!

A much needed adition for all judgeD lovers and a bit more exciting than overseen usual super hero/soldier/guys. Just sad about the headsculpt which looks a bit poor to my eyes

I've been reading online elsewhere over the weekend that some collectors who missed out on AF's HAC figure are not asking around where to find one at a reasonable price.

US based retailers sold out for the most part and the going rate online appears to be $200.00 USD and up primarily from sellers overseas who had unsold stock or extras stashed away.

I get the feeling a good number of those who purchased the AF HAC figure will buy the Epoch Cop and those who purchase the Epoch Cop will seek out the AF HAC figure if they didn't get it the first time around and/or chose to sell it.

I asked collector why he chose to sell his HAC figure. His response. "I was stupid."

Again, I really hope VTS will consider producing their own version of the HAC figure with improvements and refinements, but I digress.

For anyone who managed to purchase multiples of the HAC figure and still have them. Opportunity is knocking.