Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VTS Toys :1/6 NEW EPOCH COP (VM-013)

Re: VTS Toys :1/6 NEW EPOCH COP (VM-013)

I'm sure we'll see the usual 1:6 suspects (i.e. US 1:6 retailers) put the figure up for pre-order by the weekend or early next week.

I'm guessing the new figure should renew interest in the one from AF (if any are still around to be sold at a reasonable price).

This is another instance of when a surprise and unexpected 1:6 offering bring a bit of renewed vigor to the 1:6 hobby.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

I would be thrilled in principle, but it feels a bit redundant after the Heavy Armoured Cop, so it doesn't give me the first time thrill it would have if that one had never existed. If both had been comics versions rather than movie versions there would have been more variety between male and female gear, but not so in this case. Nice to have a fully removable helmet but the H.A. Cop one could easily be modded.

Well executed. Physically it deserves as much praise as the H.A. Cop, especially assuming that they started fresh and didn't directly duplicate Art Figures' gear.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    I would be thrilled in principle, but it feels a bit redundant after the Heavy Armoured Cop, so it doesn't give me the first time thrill it would have if that one had never existed. If both had been comics versions rather than movie versions there would have been more variety between male and female gear, but not so in this case. Nice to have a fully removable helmet but the H.A. Cop one could easily be modded.

Well executed. Physically it deserves as much praise as the H.A. Cop, especially assuming that they started fresh and didn't directly duplicate Art Figures' gear.
    --

I concur with your observations/points, but since the original HA COP figures was produced and released, many commented about the need/possibility/want of the female partner being considered and produced as an offering.

Sure. Some may have been resourceful and customized/kit bashed their own, but I'm glad VTS picked up the ball from AF.

I don't see it as being redundant, but more as a wanted/welcome complement to the HA COP figure . . . asides from the 1:6 motorbike that would then bring everything to a Zen tranquility.

I wonder if a no name brand/manufacturer will inevitability offer a 1:6 Ma-Ma inspired figure?

"Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

I just want the motocycle leathers for a Rally Vicent custom. It looks like a great set all around though.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

I concur with your observations/points, but since the original HA COP figures was produced and released, many commented about the need/possibility/want of the female partner being considered and produced as an offering.

Sure. Some may have been resourceful and customized/kit bashed their own, but I'm glad VTS picked up the ball from AF.

I don't see it as being redundant, but more as a wanted/welcome complement to the HA COP figure . . . asides from the 1:6 motorbike that would then bring everything to a Zen tranquility.

I wonder if a no name brand/manufacturer will inevitability offer a 1:6 Ma-Ma inspired figure?

Fair enough. I admit "redundant" was the wrong word but meant to convey that we necessarily look at this one in a way defined by the AF HA Cop, which to my mind was absolutely the 1/6 "Figure of the Year" last year. I talked myself out of buying a second HA Cop because I didn't have particular plans for it and it would have just been a way to express how much I liked the figure. So buying this one to make the duo is a no-brainer.

Cue now the inevitable, is it really coming out or will it be stopped? It was too suspenseful to wait and see if HA Cop would actually come out. This time around I need to be less emotionally invested to avoid the stress.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

A few 'D' and 'A' words have slipped out on FB. It's eBay where the worst offenders will be though. They'll want search hits so you can guarantee that the licensed name will crop up.

Regardless of what a figure looks like, if it's unlicensed and the company go to lengths not to draw attention to the licensed property then it's up to buyers, reviewers and retailers to honour that if they want the figure to get released.

Be thankful that its being done, but please, be careful what you post and where you post

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Cue now the inevitable, is it really coming out or will it be stopped? It was too suspenseful to wait and see if HA Cop would actually come out. This time around I need to be less emotionally invested to avoid the stress.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    A few 'D' and 'A' words have slipped out on FB. It's eBay where the worst offenders will be though. They'll want search hits so you can guarantee that the licensed name will crop up.

Regardless of what a figure looks like, if it's unlicensed and the company go to lengths not to draw attention to the licensed property then it's up to buyers, reviewers and retailers to honour that if they want the figure to get released.

Be thankful that its being done, but please, be careful what you post and where you post

CHEERS!
    --

Short of some @$$hole/douche bag snitching to the IP holder about it.

I didn't use the "D" and "A" words.

I'll use the "T&A" words.

CHEERS!
    I totally agree with the sentiment of caution and people should honour it. But in practice I think it's probably meaningless since this character's licensing authorities would have known almost immediately. First of all both the comics licensor and the movie studio probably employ internet-searching robots, but also human clipping services, etc. Secondly some of them are fans themselves and probably read these forums regularly for their own interests. So it's not like putting an asterisk into the name is suddenly going to create the Fog of War. I agree tho that if nothing else, showing caution is good manners on our part.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout3 View Post
    Found a useful series of reference photos of the stunt costume worn in the film:
    --

You didn't add the link.
    ]
    Great to see and have these, thank you.

I did, but then removed it because it automatically created a shortcut including the 'D' word.

So I added photos manually instead.

Just edited it out of your quote as it did it again.
    --

You DA MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Fletchirwin71 View Post
    Ill be getting a few to go with my Judge squad, swap the head and badge out etc. VTS a different company than Art Figures then? Some of the parts look exactly like AFs.
    VTS is part of DAM.

Kit has this up for $155 (includes shipping) for anyone interested.

SMcG Customs will be carrying and selling this.

Pre-order details will be forthcoming/posted soon.

Regardless of the pedigree, this is a great figure for me!

It was idiot fanboys not knowing any better and not anybody snitching that got AF into trouble. Post AF and you would hope people would know better, probably not though.

Props to VTS for saying "The hell with it!" and releasing this and I wish them luck. I think they should refuse to supply any retailers that market it as anything other than what they specify it is.

CHEERS

It was idiot fanboys not knowing any better and not anybody snitching that got AF into trouble. Post AF and you would hope people would know better, probably not though.

Props to VTS for saying "The hell with it!" and releasing this and I wish them luck. I think they should refuse to supply any retailers that market it as anything other than what they specify it is.

CHEERS
    --

CHEERS
    That would be commercial suicide for DAM/VTS. In this day and age you can't hide anything. I'm sure you'll see a few UK retailers opt out of carrying this, but that would have more to do with jurisdiction and liabilities as importers of the product.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

As I wrote once before, VTS is the parent of DAM:

I'm surprised this is coming from VTS rather than Art. They may be connected, or Art may just be once bitten, twice shy.
    Dam/Crazy Dummy/VTS is one. Art is unrelated.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING . . .

VTS produced the following figures based on film characters with no issues thus far.

All of the preceding figures were produced and released.

As far as we know, none of the IP holders went after VTS over the preceding figures.

As of the Epoch Cop, I don't know. Worst case scenario? Some dumb@$$es will <CENSORED> it up for us.

"Hi! I saw a figure online called Epoch Cop by some company called VTS. Did you guys license it? I can't wait to buy it!"

Until it's actually released, we can only wait and see.

No need to get stressed about the 1:6 hobby. If any of us are indeed stressed about the 1:6 hobby or getting anxious over a particular 1:6 figure being released or not, then we need to seriously re-evaluate if this is a hobby worth continuing.

The MSRP for the US market is going be approximately $143.00 to $145.00 USD with an approximate release date of 2ND QTR 2016.

CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING . . .

VTS produced the following figures based on film characters with no issues thus far.

All of the preceding figures were produced and released.

As far as we know, none of the IP holders went after VTS over the preceding figures.

As of the Epoch Cop, I don't know. Worst case scenario? Some dumb@$$es will <CENSORED> it up for us.

"Hi! I saw a figure online called Epoch Cop by some company called VTS. Did you guys license it? I can't wait to buy it!"

Until it's actually released, we can only wait and see.

No need to get stressed about the 1:6 hobby. If any of us are indeed stressed about the 1:6 hobby or getting anxious over a particular 1:6 figure being released or not, then we need to seriously re-evaluate if this is a hobby worth continuing.
    One of the differences is that underlying comics owner/licensor of New Epoch Cop character (as distinct from the movie studio, that in this case doesn't have that much invested, compared to the Nolanverse etc) is reputed to be a lot more aggressive. Also let's face it, unlike Marvel, they've got one and only one revenue property character that's really marketable in the big leagues. On the other hand they let the main guy go through last year (AF HA Cop) so shutting the gate now on the girl (New Epoch Cop) would be a pretty stupid use of costs and resources.

I have my preorder in...now we wait and see..great looking figure though!
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

Three pages already...... hope it's as cool as the Amored Cop.

FOR THE MEMBERS IN THE UK . . .

According to a post/reply in a discussion thread about the figure at the SSF, Collectible Kitbash indicated they will not be carrying and selling this figure due to problems with the AF HA Cop figure?

Collectible Kitbash supposedly acknowledged this on Facebook page, but I didn't see the reply on their Facebook page.

I recommend contacting Collectible Kitbash in any members in the UK are interested in pre-ordering/purchasing the figure for clarification/verification.

Quote Originally Posted by cdn_rhino View Post
    Three pages already...... hope it's as cool as the Amored Cop.
    --

It'll be cool if not cooler than the Heavy Armored Cop figure.

The question and answer is still there. It's on the left hand side under 'Visitor Posts':
    --

AH . . .

My vision is not what it used to be.

Please don't bombard Darren at collectable kitbash with requests to stock it, he won't. Him and I have already discussed at length.

Cheers
    ONESIXTHSCALE - News, Reviews and Info from the world of 1/6th
    Latest Review: ACE - Operation Delaware 1968: 1st Cavalry Division

Quote Originally Posted by 4dEFCON View Post
    Please don't bombard Darren at collectable kitbash with requests to stock it, he won't. Him and I have already discussed at length.

Cheers
    --

Steve:

Please enlighten me/us.

How big of a deal/difficulty was it with the AF HAC figure for Darren to warrant a decision to skip the Epoch Cop figure?

--

Steve:

Please enlighten me/us.

How big of a deal/difficulty was it with the AF HAC figure for Darren to warrant a decision to skip the Epoch Cop figure?
    DFC, a LOT of retailers (including Darren) were contacted by the licence holders of the D**** (and related) characters and served with a cease and desist to remove the AF figure from sale, with threats of legal action if they continued (I saw it with my own eyes).

For some who ignored it and continued regardless, well, it got a little more serious for them, but I am not going to publically share that information I'm afraid.

Bearing in mind the licence holders of these characters reside and operate in the UK, it would be madness for UK retailers to attempt to stock these items. Small retailers are not going to risk going up against a big company, or worst still having their stock ceased at customs losing thousands of pounds and having to refund those customers.

So if you're in the UK, and you want this figure, buy it from an Asia retailer such as Kit etc...
    ONESIXTHSCALE - News, Reviews and Info from the world of 1/6th
    Latest Review: ACE - Operation Delaware 1968: 1st Cavalry Division