Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MSE Chris Kyle Figure Finalized

Re: MSE Chris Kyle Figure Finalized

Hate the bodies that are being use. so any chance of me buying this was nullified by the body. Hopefully I can pick up some of the parts that I like.

Great likeness and sculpt. But head paint quality leaves a fair bit to be desired... looks a tad too glossy. I hope the final product gets an improvement.

Accessories are awesome.

Please forgive this question, if it is obviously stupid.

Is there a magazine missing for the MK13 MOD0 .300 WIN MAG SNIPER RIFLE ?

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Excellent tribute, BOT. I look forward to hearing about whatever link may exist to his foundation and placing an order.
    This 1/6 scale collectible figure was made in collaboration with Chris Kyle Frog. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this figure will be donated to associated charities and foundations.

Thank you very much for your support.
    Do you want to be able to buy the newest 1/6 pieces before they sell out? Find out more by subscribing to my Facebook. Click here and Like BlackOpsToys

Oh, and if I may offer an opinion... I don't think anyone would go for the regular version. Unless it's like... half the price or something.

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by -=LoneWolf=- View Post
    Oh, and if I may offer an opinion... I don't think anyone would go for the regular version. Unless it's like... half the price or something.
    The second part of your post answers the first. It has got no helmet, no pack and one weapon. It *has* to be cheaper, and hopefully by enough so that it isn't a case of "well I may aswell just pay another ten bucks for all that extra kit". That's why I'm going for the regular version. I'm not interested enough to spend what may be a fair amount on it (that isn't a criticism by the way, I've no issue with the fair pricing hinted at by BOT reps here in the thread) but I'm definitely interested in a stripped-back, cheaper variant. There is a market for it.

I also am interested in it because I prefer the sleeker, more streamlined look of the sniper and his weapon, rather than all that extra kit to bulk him down. So to me the regular is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by markaus01 View Post
    Please forgive this question, if it is obviously stupid.

Is there a magazine missing for the MK13 MOD0 .300 WIN MAG SNIPER RIFLE ?
    Nope, it has a 5 round detachable magazine (but also accepts a 10-round magazine), because the rifle is configured to the operators needs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MSE Chris Kyle Figure Finalized-image-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Oppl View Post
    The second part of your post answers the first. It has got no helmet, no pack and one weapon. It *has* to be cheaper, and hopefully by enough so that it isn't a case of "well I may aswell just pay another ten bucks for all that extra kit". That's why I'm going for the regular version. I'm not interested enough to spend what may be a fair amount on it (that isn't a criticism by the way, I've no issue with the fair pricing hinted at by BOT reps here in the thread) but I'm definitely interested in a stripped-back, cheaper variant. There is a market for it.

I also am interested in it because I prefer the sleeker, more streamlined look of the sniper and his weapon, rather than all that extra kit to bulk him down. So to me the regular is perfect.
    --

I'm going with the deluxe version because it'll be a multiple buy for me. Have one in regular version set up and have another in the deluxe version set up with extra gear to use for other figures.
    Last edited by DeltaForceChung; 09-14-2015 at 11:03. Reason: Spelling
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

PRE-ORDER is up at Black Ops Toys!

Scale Military Action Figures from BlackOpsToys

$135.00 USD for the regular version.

$200.00 USD for the deluxe version.
    Last edited by pukingdog; 09-14-2015 at 12:43. Reason: Quiet in the library....
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Can I just say that I hate being billed for a Preorder. A deposit I get but taking the full price before there is even a concrete release date sucks.
    Last edited by Metron_23; 09-14-2015 at 17:01.
    The Dead Know Only One Thing: It Is Better To Be Alive

Pricing seems very very fair - and the difference between the two seems to be well calculated.
    Great work BOT!

I wonder since it was firstly showing 500 as number availability for both editions (mine being fourth worldwide on deluxe, whih as yesterday number already sold more than 20 pieces) which are the true numbers in this limited availability operation...
    BP Collateral Vincent | Eleven Mikkelsen Hannibal | Eleven Chem-Man | Custom Drive Gosling | CM Toys Hacker World | Caltek MOH Preacher | Scaletta EOT Exo | DAM 75 Ranger Gunner | Eleven Jack Reacher

Quote Originally Posted by caveboy85 View Post
    Nope, it has a 5 round detachable magazine (but also accepts a 10-round magazine), because the rifle is configured to the operators needs.
    caveboy85, Thank You.

I might have missed it, and I've gone back to the pics several times, but I don't recall seeing a detachable magazine of any type (or capacity) for the sniper rifle.
    To my eye, it appears there is/may be a magazine well in the rifle.

If there is a magazine well, I hope there is also a detachable/removable magazine for the sniper rifle.

Mabye it was already an answered question but will it be available through other shops too?

'Cause my delivery fee's country are not great.
    Follow me on Instagram(albytheslayer) and facebook AlbyTheSlayer for my 1/6 photos and more!

Quote Originally Posted by markaus01 View Post
    caveboy85, Thank You.

I might have missed it, and I've gone back to the pics several times, but I don't recall seeing a detachable magazine of any type (or capacity) for the sniper rifle.
    To my eye, it appears there is/may be a magazine well in the rifle.

If there is a magazine well, I hope there is also a detachable/removable magazine for the sniper rifle.
    I went back as well, and unfortunately it looks like a 5-round internal magazine. Which makes sense because the base model Remington 700 long action that the M24 and MK13 come from an action with a internal magazine.

Then I read a great article about the rifle's used by Chris Kyle and his preferences (http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/01/17/american-sniper-chris-kyle-rifles/) It discusses his .300 Win Mag and configuration. So the MSE designation as a MK13 Mod 0 is a little misleading (when you try to find other reference pictures of a Mod 0) but best defines this custom rifle.

Here's the list of Mission Specific authorized retailers...

Mission Specific Equipment

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Alby the Slayer View Post
    Mabye it was already an answered question but will it be available through other shops too?

'Cause my delivery fee's country are not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Eklyps View Post
    Here's the list of Mission Specific authorized retailers...

Mission Specific Equipment

Greg
    Thank you Greg, much appreciated.
    Follow me on Instagram(albytheslayer) and facebook AlbyTheSlayer for my 1/6 photos and more!

really wished you guys would sell the head sculpt and the gear from the standard version as an accessory kit. do not like the body these figures use.

Quote Originally Posted by masamune View Post
    really wished you guys would sell the head sculpt and the gear from the standard version as an accessory kit. do not like the body these figures use.
    You can always swap out the body, as the hs is compatible with multiple bodies out there and the boots and hands can be modified to work with other bodies. Once a mold has been put in place, you are pretty much stuck using it on multiple figures. We have tightened up the body a bit to address the past issues of it being too loose, but with the amount spent on the body mold, you can expect to see it on future figures, for the time being at least.

We ARE working on some other ideas for bodies though, its all a learning curve when it comes to entering into the manufacturing sphere.

With the high cost of molds, sometimes we have to improve on what we already have rather than try to gain funds to allocate towards new molds. We're working on it, very happy you guys all like this figure. It was a ton of work, with a ton of research and planning, but I am extremely happy with how it turned out.

I pre-ordered the deluxe version on the very first day. Can't wait until December to roll around!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    Ordinarily, I wouldn't be that interested in a US special forces figure.
    Only because it's a very important distinction, I must clarify that SEALs aren't Special Forces (SF). They are Special Operations Forces (SOF). Special Forces is a US Army unit. Special Operations Forces refers to any unit that has a special operations mission.

And, this is a very cool figure! I might need to pick him up.

Check blackopstoys instagram to see up close pics of the figure.

https://www.instagram.com/blackopstoys/
    Do you want to be able to buy the newest 1/6 pieces before they sell out? Find out more by subscribing to my Facebook. Click here and Like BlackOpsToys

Deluxe for me! awesome figure and gear for the price!
    “What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? A Little Recoil”

According to Brian, the figure is on its way and should hit the US ports/customs around the first week in January provided all goes well according to schedule.

The gave him a Sig P220 just like he mentions in the book. Very well done.

Its going to put a dint in my bank account, but I got to get eh deluxe version.

Deluxe... or regular ... or twin pack ??

Quote Originally Posted by Tolerancer View Post
    Deluxe... or regular ... or twin pack ??
    --

Get both or get two deluxe versions.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

Get both or get two deluxe versions.
    Give me blackopstoys coupon for this action
    please

How many boxes in excl. edition?

The shipment arrived at BOT's/MSE's business office.

They're going to be very busy today and over the weekend.