Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Aliens 1:6 RC USCM APC

Aliens 1:6 RC USCM APC

My buddy just sent this link to me. After cleaning my monitor and having a smoke to steady my nerves... I'm posting it here.

http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=10642

I don't have any answers to any questions about this - All I know is what's in the link: 1:6 - RC - working interior and running lights - and it's freaking cool.
    got privilege?

Freakin' cool indeed.

Have a look here:
    http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ad.php?t=61578

But you may also want to read this:
    http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ad.php?t=75687

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

That's an awesome vehicle but having read about his passing, it's overshadowed by the loss of his talent. Judging from the replies on the other board he was a great guy and will be missed very much.

oh my god.
    I made a mess in my pants.

Chris was well liked and respected in a number of different hobbies. This APC was truly a masterpiece. We should send this to HT to look at and see if it's something they could pull off.

Wow - thanks for the additional pics and I'm saddened to learn of his passing. I really had no idea.

Right now I'm having that uneasy feeling of "have I offended?" I'm pretty sure the answer would be "no"... But still...
    got privilege?

No offence intended or committed. You're good.

Quote Originally Posted by KneeJoint View Post
    Wow - thanks for the additional pics and I'm saddened to learn of his passing. I really had no idea.

Right now I'm having that uneasy feeling of "have I offended?" I'm pretty sure the answer would be "no"... But still...
    No, what you did was just what Chris deserves, to be remembered not only as a terrific guy but as a heck of an artist too. I was lucky to meet Chris, the first time in person at a hobby show where he had a table set up to sell his real space figures (this was before the USCM and other 1:6 stuff). Later I talked with him on the phone and via email, he even was so generous as to send me early construction photos of the APC to help me with a 1:35 model I was working on. That was the kind of guy he was, and funny, never took himself too seriously. That was why he enjoyed the Alien Hive/USCM play acting so much, I think he thought it was all nuts and loads of fun - grown ups playing war. You didn't have to know Chris to appreciate his talent, I only spoke to him a handful of times but he made each one of those times memorable and fun. If you just see his work and enjoy Chris would be happy.

In case you want to check out his websites: http://members.aol.com/M56SG/uscm.html (for the 1:6 USCM/Aliens items) and http://members.aol.com/ccspevam/evamodels.html (for EVA Models - some of the best real space you'll ever see, including conversion parts for Dragon 1:6 Apollo astronauts).

FG - very cool. I wish I had known the man. Besides 1:6 I am a freak for costumes and fan made movie props.

I'll be checking out those links too.
    got privilege?

Amazing!!!!!!!! I Want One!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KneeJoint View Post
    FG - very cool. I wish I had known the man. Besides 1:6 I am a freak for costumes and fan made movie props.

I'll be checking out those links too.
    If you start looking for USCM/Aliens guys Chris will turn up some where. I think his photos say a lot. If I recall correctly Chris got his USCM armor from Spat's Cave. I remember talking to him about it, he kept trying to get me to get a set and join one of the chapters doing the Hive business. The
    M41A Pulse Rifle was an old prop replica airsoft from Marco Enterprises.

Here's a link that show's Chris in his USMC gear, the painting and tweaking he did to the Spat's armor: http://members.aol.com/evalrv/ccuscm.html
    Yeah, Chris looked badass!

Quote Originally Posted by furious genius View Post
    If you start looking for USCM/Aliens guys Chris will turn up some where. I think his photos say a lot. If I recall correctly Chris got his USCM armor from Spat's Cave. I remember talking to him about it, he kept trying to get me to get a set and join one of the chapters doing the Hive business. The
    M41A Pulse Rifle was an old prop replica airsoft from Marco Enterprises.

Here's a link that show's Chris in his USMC gear, the painting and tweaking he did to the Spat's armor: http://members.aol.com/evalrv/ccuscm.html
    Yeah, Chris looked badass!
    I'm actually very familiar with his group. I'm a member of a Star Wars costuming group, The Rebel Legion. Not as well know as the 501st Storm Trooper Legion but, still a presence as conventions. Personally I've only done one parade and a couple of charity event for Children's Hospital... I've always wanted to get to DragonCon. to check out the madness.
    got privilege?

Sad to hear that he passed away, that APC is one hell of a legacy though.

CHEERS!

The APC is awesome.

I have been looking at the above links quite a bit since yesterday... I think I want 1:6 armor and a pulse rifle.
    got privilege?