Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 61

Thread: 1966 Batmobile?????

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    228

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Last edited by jaysay; 05-31-2015 at 16:36.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,678

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Yikes! $200.00 for that abortion????

    Maybe there is a reason for Hot Roys to exist, after all....
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,323

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by onesixthpolice View Post
    Yikes! $200.00 for that abortion????

    Maybe there is a reason for Hot Roys to exist, after all....
    It'll probably go for well beyond that, $199 is just the auction start minimum bid. Which is to be expected, given that it includes complete and "minty" Mego Batman and Robin figures, worth a pretty penny in themselves. Obviously with something like this it's "historicity" of the collectible that drives the price, so it's not really fair to compare it to a current product whether as to price or otherwise.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,678

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    To each his own, I suppose.....
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Land of Hope and Glory... UK
    Posts
    288

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    James Desimone made one back in the 1990's early 2000's and if they didn't sell then, they probably wont sell now.
    Just remember how many people wanted an M113...until one was made available then no one wanted them.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    419

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    I'm losing hope on the HT Batmobile - but have held off ordering Hulkbuster in case it actually happens - I expect it would be in the same price range ($1000-ish).

    The problem with '66 Batman is that it has been a holy grail license for 50 years (well, next year) but due to all the legal issues it only just came through - and even then Batgirl wasn't in the mix until a year later due to the actress holding out.

    So while many grew up loving the show and wanting merch (including executives at various licenees), greying fans have changing priorities and hardly any of it sold as well as expected - the TRU exclusive Batmobile for the 1:12 figs sold out, but the second run is rotting at TRU.

    After the long wait, expectations for the license overall were unrealistic.

    Many of us (me included) would be happy to buy more HT Batman 66 but manufacturers and retailers are rightfully gun shy because their expectations were out of whack on the potential.

    That Desimone Batmobile is hardly a substitute for an HT version (it's far from the correct length for instance) but I have seen beautiful paint jobs and custom work on the base kit.

    When the HT version was announced I tried to sell my untouched Desimone kit (which I bought from Village comics for probably $175 many years ago) on eBay - but the copyright holder on the sculpt had it pulled down because he and Desimone had some grief over the deal.

    I don't recall the details but he was a real jerk about it. When he initially threatened to pull it down, I asked him for some proof he was the copyright owner. After all, anyone could claim they were the copyright owner and these guys were on dubious legal ground as they darn sure didn't license the Batmobile.

    He dicked around arguing with me instead of simply sending me the link to the copyright office records. He actually got me briefly suspended from eBay in the process. I'm not sure if he's still trolling eBay for these on the secondary market, but if so, the auction may not last the week, although another finished one did sell for $340 (item 261866483287 if you want to check it out). Maybe he died.

    In any case, I'm glad I still have it, just in case the HT version never happens.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,323

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Jroug View Post
    I'm losing hope on the HT Batmobile - but have held off ordering Hulkbuster in case it actually happens - I expect it would be in the same price range ($1000-ish).

    The problem with '66 Batman is that it has been a holy grail license for 50 years (well, next year) but due to all the legal issues it only just came through - and even then Batgirl wasn't in the mix until a year later due to the actress holding out.

    So while many grew up loving the show and wanting merch (including executives at various licenees), greying fans have changing priorities and hardly any of it sold as well as expected - the TRU exclusive Batmobile for the 1:12 figs sold out, but the second run is rotting at TRU.

    After the long wait, expectations for the license overall were unrealistic.

    Many of us (me included) would be happy to buy more HT Batman 66 but manufacturers and retailers are rightfully gun shy because their expectations were out of whack on the potential.

    That Desimone Batmobile is hardly a substitute for an HT version (it's far from the correct length for instance) but I have seen beautiful paint jobs and custom work on the base kit.

    When the HT version was announced I tried to sell my untouched Desimone kit (which I bought from Village comics for probably $175 many years ago) on eBay - but the copyright holder on the sculpt had it pulled down because he and Desimone had some grief over the deal.

    I don't recall the details but he was a real jerk about it. When he initially threatened to pull it down, I asked him for some proof he was the copyright owner. After all, anyone could claim they were the copyright owner and these guys were on dubious legal ground as they darn sure didn't license the Batmobile.

    He dicked around arguing with me instead of simply sending me the link to the copyright office records. He actually got me briefly suspended from eBay in the process. I'm not sure if he's still trolling eBay for these on the secondary market, but if so, the auction may not last the week, although another finished one did sell for $340 (item 261866483287 if you want to check it out). Maybe he died.

    In any case, I'm glad I still have it, just in case the HT version never happens.
    On the HT '66 Batmobile I am more pessimistic now than when this thread started 6 months ago; but we'll almost certainly know within a month. If it isn't shown at San Diego it means it's dead. If they show it there will probably be an announcement. I doubt they'd just show it as a prototype two years in a row without saying something more tangible the second time around.

    Interesting story on that Desimone kit EBay experience. The present auction is still up with no bids, but 5 days to go, and everything happens at the end. Again, it could get bigger money, due to the two included Megos. Possibly that copyright holder was so aggressive (with you then but not now) because that was the period everyone was still Marking Territory and disputing each other on anything Batman '66 related.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    228

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    FREE paper models - FREE Paper Models 1966 Batmobile

    Go to the above link for a PAPER Batmobile!

    It's not 1/6, but you can scale it up, & it's FREE!
    Last edited by jaysay; 06-23-2015 at 16:47.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Augusta, Ga.
    Posts
    9,248

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Hmmmmmm...

    Might be able to print paper patterns for transfer onto Styrene sheets.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,323

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by dadrab View Post
    Hmmmmmm...

    Might be able to print paper patterns for transfer onto Styrene sheets.
    That would be very interesting to see done. I'm surprised we don't see more 1/6 displays using scaled-up paper models given how expensive and inconvenient 1/6 vehicles have to be. Sure, it wouldn't be the same as Hot Toys Batmobile, but I am totally prepared to accept the convention that the paper model Batmobile is a secondary prop made to show off the figures better, and adjust my display viewing expectations accordingly.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    228

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Another possibility is to spray the paper with polyurethane!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Augusta, Ga.
    Posts
    9,248

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    I'll be real honest with you all. If I go to all the hassle to scale up the patterns, print them, cut them out and transfer to plastic sheets; build the model; etc. I'm going to RC it.

    I have done pretty considerable with with Styrene, so I know how to work it, but that will be a fairly monumental task.

    Still, given the quality of the patterns, it's definitely doable.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Warrenton, VA
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
    FREE paper models - FREE Paper Models 1966 Batmobile

    Go to the above link for a PAPER Batmobile!

    It's not 1/6, but you can scale it up, & it's FREE!
    That webpage says there are links to download the model & instructions, but I don't see any!

    David
    My Trade Feedback

    "I'm afraid of spiders... and women... and spider women!"

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,323

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by highwayman57 View Post
    That webpage says there are links to download the model & instructions, but I don't see any!
    In the Model Information section, the words "Parts" and "Instructions" are links. Underlining appears when your mouse approaches. Right click, Sava As, etc, as usual.

    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Warrenton, VA
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    In the Model Information section, the words "Parts" and "Instructions" are links. Underlining appears when your mouse approaches. Right click, Sava As, etc, as usual.

    Ah... thanks!

    David
    My Trade Feedback

    "I'm afraid of spiders... and women... and spider women!"

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Posts
    906

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    On the HT '66 Batmobile I am more pessimistic now than when this thread started 6 months ago; but we'll almost certainly know within a month. If it isn't shown at San Diego it means it's dead. If they show it there will probably be an announcement. I doubt they'd just show it as a prototype two years in a row without saying something more tangible the second time around.
    So did they show the Batmobile at SDCC?

  17. #47
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    894

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    I always thought this was a strange license for HT to pursue anyway. Really, was the Batman TV series even screened outside of the west? I hope the people that want the batmobile get it, but I would totally understand why HT may renege on the idea of producing it. I thought Mattell would struggle to sell their '66 figure line, and they were available in retail stores.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,323

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by mailalan View Post
    So did they show the Batmobile at SDCC?
    AFAIK the answer is No. I'm reasonably certain that if they'd said something, or even if they had just simply shown the prototype again as they did last year and two years ago, people would have picked up on it. So I'm gonna go with "When the horse is dead, get off." Drax took Bruce's car and is riding off to Hot Toys heaven.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    the gritty streets of NYC
    Posts
    1,891

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    AFAIK the answer is No. I'm reasonably certain that if they'd said something, or even if they had just simply shown the prototype again as they did last year and two years ago, people would have picked up on it. So I'm gonna go with "When the horse is dead, get off." Drax took Bruce's car and is riding off to Hot Toys heaven.
    shite..left us hanging on this one...HT! thanks for that!

    (3/14) (6/14) (4/15) (2/16) (7/16) (1/17) (3/17)

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Augusta, Ga.
    Posts
    9,248

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    That just sucks.

    I'm not surprised,

    but it sucks just the same.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    51

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by HeadRusch1 View Post
    The car crosses genre's though.....you'll get the 1/6 guys who want it, and the Car guys who want it just because it'll be the most iconic version of the car to own, next to the real one.
    That's what I think. It's probably due to how expensive it would be. Bigger risk.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    santa clara
    Posts
    211

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    I bought batman and robin for the batmobile
    Bummer

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    It could still show up they just got around to armored Whiplash, Maria Hill and Pepper pots.
    Loki was skipped till Avengers came out, with figures getting so expensive they may not want to overload their consumers.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,323

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkaman Blade View Post
    It could still show up they just got around to armored Whiplash, Maria Hill and Pepper pots.
    Loki was skipped till Avengers came out, with figures getting so expensive they may not want to overload their consumers.
    Shown at SDCC 2013 and also at 2014 and then not shown at all 2015? What kind of sense would that make if "not overloading" was the goal? Also -- have they ever even remotely shown the slightest indication that not overloading their customers is something that would ever for one single instant cross their minds?
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rep. of Korea
    Posts
    6,102

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Gosh... I bought my Batman and Robin on the pretense that they were going to build this...@)($U*%)@%$!
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,678

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Just because MAM has decreed it is dead does not make it so....until we hear form the maker, all conjecture is merely hearsay.........

    Hope....it's what separates us from the animals.....
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,323

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by onesixthpolice View Post
    Just because MAM has decreed it is dead does not make it so....until we hear form the maker, all conjecture is merely hearsay.........

    Hope....it's what separates us from the animals.....
    Hang on, there. Are you broadly familiar with a distinction between "decreed," and a very basic concept of trying to reason out and draw a logical inferential conclusion supported by what the known facts are? Also, "hearsay" means something completely different. If you're going to take a law enforcement name, you may want to get that right.

    And -- are you familiar at all with a certain company called Hot Toys? "Until we hear from the maker"? Seriously? AFAIK not one single time in 15 years have we ever had even one example of a shown prototype or announcement being formally cancelled, or that we "heard from the maker" on. That's why people talk about Dax, Ripley, and yes even the Batmobile 3 years after the prototype was shown. As to "hear from the maker" are you still waiting for that to happen for Green Lantern, The Lone Ranger, Prometheus, missing members of the Watchmen, and Sucker Punch, etc. etc.?

    Right there with you as a big fan of Hope (not so much Crosby). I'd love to be wrong about the Batmobile '66 because a) I'd really really love to own one, and b) been reading about this whole "being wrong" thing, wanna try it someday, but sadly, I don't think it's gonna be this time.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,678

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Good thing words are free....you'd be broke otherwise.....
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,323

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    Quote Originally Posted by onesixthpolice View Post
    Good thing words are free....you'd be broke otherwise.....
    If words were free, I couldn't make a living to pay for the man-dollies. You? [
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    51

    Re: 1966 Batmobile?????

    I really like their Robin. But I can't convince myself to buy him. Sorry, it's my fault I guess.

Similar Threads

  1. Vehicle | 1966 Batmobile
    By onesixthpolice in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 21:16
  2. 1966 GERMAN SOTW G.I. Joe
    By Karaya1 in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 07:50
  3. moctezumas parte dos new pre order hot toys bat man /robin 1966
    By azteca in forum Dealer and Distributor Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2013, 01:42
  4. New Product | Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile
    By Wookster in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 18:55
  5. Hot Toys Batmobile
    By kanjar in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 00:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
1966 Batmobile?????
1966 Batmobile?????
KGHobby...Click Here!
Urban Samurai Hobbies...Click Here!
Vlad's Toys...Click Here!
BlackOps Toys...Click Here!
HobbyLink Japan...Click Here!
Cotswold Collectibles...Click Here!
The ToySource...Click Here!
Big Bad Toy Store...Click Here!
Timewalker Toys...Click Here!
ToyWiz...Click Here!
Nouveau Toys...Click Here!
HobbyLink Japan...Click Here!
Cotswold Collectibles...Click Here!
You Could Join George Takei and Crew aboard Star Trek: The Cruise II to Celebrate 30 Years of TNG!