Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Hot Toys- AvP:R Wolf Predator full spec and pics

Hot Toys- AvP:R Wolf Predator full spec and pics

Wolf looks great, love the double plasma cannons, love the backpack, love the shin armour, and his eyes look real evil.
    Can't wait, here's the spec-

Hot Toys MMS53 - AVP-R - 1/6th scale Predator collectible model kit

l Realistic based 1/6th scale (approx.14 inches tall) Predator collectible model from the movie Aliens vs Predator: Requiem
    l It includes a newly developed Predator body in complex skin pattern and a fabric net body suit with highly detailed iconic Predator armor and it also comes with
    n Weapons:
    - Two articulated plasma cannons
    - Whip
    - Rolled-up whip
    - Extendable spear
    - Shuriken
    - Closed Shurikens
    - Retractable Wrist blades
    - Wrist computer
    n Accessories:
    - Predator Mask
    - Skull necklace
    - Neck Wrap
    - Cleaner Kit
    - Bandolier

l Perfect scale to PredAlien and Alien Warrior
    l Each model comes with display base featuring AVP-R logo with name plate
    l Simple assembly required
    l 22 points of articulation

{Release date: Q1, 2008}

Last edited by Wookster; 11-26-2007 at 05:27.

Houston Again! Please let me escape soon @_@
    He looks pretty cool. I'd get this one over the others because he seems to look better, not that I know my preds all that well, but it seems he's benefitted from being the latest in his lineage. I'd probably make room on my desk for him if I could afford it, but most of all I'd really want that[those] whip[s].
    Always do your best in everything you do, and live on, happy. - Aya

We Want It!!!

Now!!!!

Is it just me or it looks like some of the armor is not removable?

gees the head is massive!

The head looks pretty proportional to me. He's just really thin and predators have fairly large heads. Looks more proportional than the original AvP preds that's for sure. He also is only one I've seen thus far that looks the same proportion wise with and without the helmet. All the previous ones the heads looked huge with he helmets on but mostly okay with them off.

His body looks like what they should have used for the Predator 2 figure who I actually think sans-helmet looks way too small in the head.

edit: man the proportions are pretty much spot on for the Pred2 Pred.
    http://www.impawards.com/1990/poster...r_two_ver1.jpg

Wow! These are even better pics. Looks like they changed the body. Didn't the first ones have a rubber skin? Still, these look wild.
    I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride. Wanted, Dead or Alive.

It looks great! I hope the final release includes the cables on the equipment that was missing on the earlier releases.

Nick
    Cheap people suck.

yikes! too skinny... waaaayyyy too skinny
    and the neck looks elongated. hope they fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint
    Wow! These are even better pics. Looks like they changed the body. Didn't the first ones have a rubber skin? Still, these look wild.
    Nope, previous ones did not have rubber skin. However, there has been a body change. This body is skinner. The ball joint hips look like they've been tossed out, and the shin armor looks like it's been molded on. The ankle joints also look different. It looks great, but it's too bad the lower armor might now be molded on. I liked having the armor as pieces; it gave it that much more of a real look. Not having the mesh suit go all the way down is good, as you don't need it below the shin armor, anyway. (It does make me wonder again if the shin armor is molded on ... then why?)

As for the head proportion, I don't think any of the figures HT made has been off. IMHO they have accurately reflected the tweaks the art teams made to the actual movie designs over time. I never thought HT was to blame for the change in head proportions, but rather the reference designs they were using.

Overall, great looking figure. He looks like an old, feral (i.e. he's good and pissed and he's not gonna take it anymore) scrapper. Will I get it? Hell, yeah!

Can't really tell, but the hips and ankles look the same to me...

It is hard to tell with the ankles; it might be they just seat better with the armor design on this figure. But, on the hips, the previous Predators I have display a ball joint - much like the BBI G3.5 figures - which is just covered up by the leg armor straps when fully assembled. The ball joint on previous figures is really noticeable because it was smooth compared to the textured sculpt on the rest of the predator's leg. I'm not seeing the pronounced ball joint on the hip here; the sculpt looks more continuous. It makes me think they did away with the pronounced ball joint to improve the sculpt. Won't know for sure until I actually see one unassembled.

Here's a picture of the upcoming Predator 2 Elder, unassembled in his packaging. You can see the smooth ball joint more clearly between the trunk section and upper leg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hot Toys- AvP:R Wolf Predator full spec and pics-ht_predator-2-elder-packaging-jpg  
    Last edited by oliver; 11-26-2007 at 12:02.

I think the skinny body might be a tie-in with the movie. It's mentioned on the wiki page that they went for a more 'slimmer' athletic Predator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_...dator:_Requiem

Hot Toys Rules!
    We are the music makers and the dreamers of dreams.

Looks pretty nice

I'd prefer the one from the first movie though.

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by PASKAL88
    I think the skinny body might be a tie-in with the movie. It's mentioned on the wiki page that they went for a more 'slimmer' athletic Predator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_...dator:_Requiem
    Yeah, from what I have seen he's a much slimmer Predator more akin to the build of the Predator 2 main Pred instead of the body builders in the first AvP.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee
    Looks pretty nice

I'd prefer the one from the first movie though.

CHEERS!
    You do know that HT will be releasing not only the P1 pred, but also human characters, right?

Rejoice fellow collector!

Quote Originally Posted by abake
    You do know that HT will be releasing not only the P1 pred, but also human characters, right?

Rejoice fellow collector!
    That is GREAT news!
    got privilege?

Quote Originally Posted by 38oliver
    Nope, previous ones did not have rubber skin. However, there has been a body change. This body is skinner. The ball joint hips look like they've been tossed out, and the shin armor looks like it's been molded on. The ankle joints also look different. It looks great, but it's too bad the lower armor might now be molded on. I liked having the armor as pieces; it gave it that much more of a real look. Not having the mesh suit go all the way down is good, as you don't need it below the shin armor, anyway. (It does make me wonder again if the shin armor is molded on ... then why?)

As for the head proportion, I don't think any of the figures HT made has been off. IMHO they have accurately reflected the tweaks the art teams made to the actual movie designs over time. I never thought HT was to blame for the change in head proportions, but rather the reference designs they were using.

Overall, great looking figure. He looks like an old, feral (i.e. he's good and pissed and he's not gonna take it anymore) scrapper. Will I get it? Hell, yeah!
    Honestly, the entirety of the armor covering both the shins and the thighs looks as if it could be permanently attached... but we shall see I suppose.

I agree 110% as far as head proportion goes. For those who wish to argue, watch the end of AVP when the mothership lands and the other Preds pick up Scar. Look at how huge their melons are in proportion to their bodies, because it's clearly noticeable there. The smaller heads for the P2 creatures is fairly accurate as well.

I can't wait for these to be released. The Predalien looks phenomenal for what it's worth, however the Alien I'm not too keen on - I just want that facehugger! Hot Toys is literally going to own my ass this year.
    Captain Mal: "Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right."

Damn he looks cool, to bad i can't Pre-order anything else till "Feb, 08" . Actually i can but i dont want to, need to pay all other Preorders first . God i hate you HT
    Dude i told you there not Dolls, they are Action figures!!.
    My Space

Love those acid scars.
    'I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.'

Oh YEAH, I can see a difference from the previous ones, and this one looks BAAAAAD.

Does anyone know the exact date this is coming out? Some places say Q1 2008, others Q2 2008, and still others December or January.

Thanks!
    RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!

im not certain but i remember reading somewhere the predator and alien drone have a late january HK release date and the Predalien has a mid april HK release date. so expect it in the US around a month and a half or 2 after.

All 3 Figures in the AVP-R Series mentioned by Hot Toys should be released by end-Jan 08. If they missed this release date, the earliest date they can release these figures will be late-March 08 due to the traditional Chinese New Holidays in China and Hong Kong in Feb 08. For some Chinese factories, the Chinese New Year Holidays can stretched for as long as 2 to 3 weeks in Feb, quite reasonable considering that our usual public holidays worldwide like Christmas and New Year's Day are not gazetted public holidays in China.

Hot Toys being a commercial company, will sure not want to wait another 2 to 3 months to collect their "pay" from us!

MINE!!! seriously wow

The reviews nearly ready to rock 'n' roll, here are a few sample pics-