Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: DML's Lev Pavlov: An interesting gaffe!?

DML's Lev Pavlov: An interesting gaffe!?

Hi guys!

While nosing round my retailer this morning, I happened to have a look at DML's Lev Pavlov. He's their WW2 Russian Sailor.

Now, he comes with a medical kit, and here's where I spotted the gaffe....

All the labels on this kit are printed in English!!

Whaaa!? Surely, as this is supposed to be his kit, all the labels should be Russian.

Bit of a silly mistake don't you think? Or was it!? Have a look next time you see one if you don't believe me.

CHEERS!
    Last edited by rogerbee; 05-16-2007 at 14:43.

Thumbs up

Thanks I like the fact that you find things other people dont see
    Last edited by bager6; 05-16-2007 at 15:23.
    "We're gonna need a bigger boat..."

Hi Roger! I wonder if you saw this one, Lev Pavlov and got them mixed up. Lev comes with some medical supplies written in English that is Lend-Lease stuff, notice the US Army markings. Is this perhaps what you saw and got the two figs mixed up? I inculded some pics from Lev.
    Cheers!
    -mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DML's Lev Pavlov: An interesting gaffe!?-lev-meds-jpg   DML's Lev Pavlov: An interesting gaffe!?-levpavlov-jpg  

Oh boy, what an idiot!!

It was me that made the gaffe! It WAS Lev that I looked at. I did also see Erich and got the two sailors mixed up.

Thanks for clearing that up Mike! Hmm, right gaffe, sort of, wrong figure!

Permit me to repost!

CHEERS!

Hi Roger! It's not a problem and just an honest mistake, i figured that u had seen them both there and just got the two mixed up. It happens! Anyway, it does seem odd that the labels are in English, however with so much Lend-Lease stuff sent to them it's not a surprise he had that. I once saw a (ww2) pic of a Russian using a Lend-Lease Thompson! Imagine that?!
    Cheers!
    -mike-

With everything being done on the "hubba-hubba", to get the Sovs needed material, no doubt much was sent as-is. Keep in mind that there were likely quite a few in the massive Red Army system who would read/speak English. There were also liasons stationed in the USSR, just to instruct on new systems.

Thompsons were included in the gear aboard lend-lease US tanks, if I remember corrrectly. Factory workers also used to pack some decent chow, cigarettes, and whiskey in compartments and even the gun breach - a gift to their new allies.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Many thanks PD!

Nice to know you guys are on the ball!

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by pukingdog
    With everything being done on the "hubba-hubba", to get the Sovs needed material, no doubt much was sent as-is. Keep in mind that there were likely quite a few in the massive Red Army system who would read/speak English. There were also liasons stationed in the USSR, just to instruct on new systems.

Thompsons were included in the gear aboard lend-lease US tanks, if I remember corrrectly. Factory workers also used to pack some decent chow, cigarettes, and whiskey in compartments and even the gun breach - a gift to their new allies.
    Hey... That's interesting...

It is isn't it,

And DML seem to be more on the ball with their research than we think. Which is great for us.

CHEERS!

They ain't THAT perfect .. The Falklands War 'Graham' contains ration items that are dated 1986!