Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hot toys DX13 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day: T-800 (Battle Damaged Version)

Hot toys DX13 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day: T-800 (Battle Damaged Version)

Re: Hot toys DX13 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day: T-800 (Battle Damaged Version)

Wow. Well there it is, finally!

Too bad you have to buy TWO DXs just to complete the set, so to speak...

Ho-leeeee-sh*t! That's gonna be figure of the year I reckon!!

Now that's a true T2 DX
    "Good night Wesley. Good work, sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

And to think Hot Toys wasn't listening to their customers

THE JOKER WELCOMES YOU TO THE 2 TIMER CLUB

ID be kinda mad if i just got the DX10 ... then saw this, lol

It is madness.
    ~~~The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.

Nice!
    I wonder about the price, 'cause I really want one but I don't know.. 2013 seems to be a year full of releases.

What ever happened to the T1 Police Station Shoot-Out version?????

I would much rather have seen that than this!!! Now there are THREE T2 versions.....What is going on????????

this had to be added to DX......
    BEST WISHES FROM LITHUANIA :)

Quote Originally Posted by DisconToys View Post
    What ever happened to the T1 Police Station Shoot-Out version?????

I would much rather have seen that than this!!! Now there are THREE T2 versions.....What is going on????????
    They are making the PS T1 in 1/4 scale first, which is coming out next year. I am glad to see this version of the T2, but the current DX just took a major hit in sales with this announcement. Not too sure why HT would do that to themselves. This should have been the DX 10 release and would have 1up EB.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathasylum View Post
    They are making the PS T1 in 1/4 scale first, which is coming out next year. I am glad to see this version of the T2, but the current DX just took a major hit in sales with this announcement. Not too sure why HT would do that to themselves. This should have been the DX 10 release and would have 1up EB.
    To counter EB's 1/4 BD T-800 announcement..... the bulk of HT's purchases are through PO anyways....

Note: This DX will be using the single jointed elbow.

Specs:

The 1/6th scale T-800 (Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure specially features:
    - Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Arnold Schwarzenegger as T-800 in battle damaged look in the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    - Approximately 32 cm tall
    - Two (2) battle damaged head sculpts with detachable scalp and shock- damping in the head including:
    n One (1) battle damaged head sculpt with Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) patented by Hot Toys Limited
    n One (1) battle damaged head sculpt with rolling eyeballs with LED light in right eyeball (red light, battery operated)
    - Detailed hair sculpture
    - Advanced muscular body with over 30 points of articulation
    - An additional interchangeable left battle damaged forearm
    - Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable gloved battle damaged palms including:
    n One (1) pair for gun holding
    n One (1) pair of fists
    n One (1) pair of relaxed palms
    n One (1) right palm with thumb up
    n One (1) right palm for holding rod
    - Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
    - Two (2) black leather-like battle damaged jackets including one (1) without left sleeve of forearm
    - One (1) pair of battle damaged pants with belt
    - One (1) battle damaged grey tee
    - One (1) pair of black boots

Weapons:
    - One (1) bandolier
    - One (1) grenade launcher with broken handle
    - One (1) machine gun
    - One (1) pistol
    - Twelve (12) bullets

Accessories:
    - One (1) rod
    - One (1) 1/6th scale T-1000 statue in real-like liquid metal form
    - Deluxe light-up figure stand with T-800 nameplate, the movie logo and DX series title

Special Edition – Bonus Accessory (for selected markets only):
    - One (1) 1/6th scale alternate T-1000 head sculpt in real-like liquid metal form

Artists:
    - Head Sculpted by Yulli & K.A. Kim
    - Damage Part Sculpted by T.J. Cha
    - Painted by JC. Hong
    - Head Art Directed by Kojun
    - Costume Advised by Hai Lim

Release date: Q2 – Q3, 2013

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
    **Battery included for figure and figure stand, button cells are required
    **Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

Terminator 2: Judgment Day, T2, THE TERMINATOR, ENDOSKELETON, and any depiction of Endoskeleton are trademarks of StudioCanal S.A.
    All Rights Reserved. 2012 StudioCanal S.A. All Rights Reserved.

Licensed and distributed by Sideshow Collectibles
    Manufactured and produced by Hot Toys Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastX View Post
    To counter EB's 1/4 BD T-800 announcement..... the bulk of HT's purchases are through PO anyways....

Note: This DX will be using the single jointed elbow.
    Yep, just not sure why this wasn't the DX 10 release that would have been a few months ahead of the EB T2 BD release.

Not sure if this will sell well. It's iconic but most collectors I presume would want their figures in pristine condition (not battle damaged). If this is just HT one-upping EB just to spite them ...

News... POP at HKD 1980.... more expensive than Avenger's HULK (which POP was at HKD 1930).....

Translation: SSC pricing at around USD300 (or more)

Note also: Being BD... the jacket/pants is not made of real leather like DX10...

Quote Originally Posted by doly View Post
    Not sure if this will sell well. It's iconic but most collectors I presume would want their figures in pristine condition (not battle damaged). If this is just HT one-upping EB just to spite them ...
    This is the T2 version people have been waiting for...... it will sell.

I want! I want! I want! I want! I want!

You kinda figure HT has got this cooking for a while. Probably the same time as DX10. This one will surely sell. In fact it should sell better than DX10. My guess is HT knows this and released DX10 first to get as much POs as possible. If this one was released first, less people would want the "pristine" DX10 (since most would have been happy with the MMS version). (Those who missed out should be glad though.)

This is just my thinking. I feel a bit conned because I want this more than DX10. And if get to choose, I wouldn't have bought DX10 and just get this. This is the perfect compliment to any clean-looking T800 (either MMS or DX10). In the end I'd have bought all three. That's marketing for you. DAMN YOU HOT TOYS!

This DX13 and the DX10 are two totally different figures and can't be comparable to say...buying the first IM MkIII and the Battle-damaged MkIII.

There's goes the P.O. budget set aside for Ada Wong...
    "If symptoms persist... insult your doctor."

This is a no brainer...
    A must have...
    I will add it to my original and DX10 collectibles...

As long as Arnie is in black leather, I'm interested...
    Luv the black look...
    I didn't buy the non-leathered Arnie and don't intend to...

Keep 'em coming, though I can't see how they can do a follow-up T-800 after this one...

Now where is that top notch 1/6 Harley?...

>>>
    "There are no versions of the truth..." Richard Dawkins...
    The truth is the truth no matter where it may take us...
    Truth has no boundaries...

Hot Toys. Whilst I think this is awesome, you are taking the P1$$! I literally recieve my DX-10 in a few days, and now you announce this on us!!! I would have loved it, but I can't afford both and I think that will be the way for many, those of us who have just bought the DX-10 would have waited and spent more money on this one, but certainly won't buy both of them.

I'm fully aware however that there are also many who will, and fair play to you if you can afford both - I envy you!
    ONESIXTHSCALE - News, Reviews and Info from the world of 1/6th
    Latest Review: ACE - Operation Delaware 1968: 1st Cavalry Division

Quote Originally Posted by 4dEFCON View Post
    I'm fully aware however that there are also many who will, and fair play to you if you can afford both - I envy you!
    Does anyone really have a choice?
    Sell one of the kids, a sibling or the wife if you have to...
    Anything else is unthinkable...

>>>

I think really, you're gonna want it in this configuration only :

Because otherwise you're capturing two different points of the film... if you use the other head, the gaping chest wound was caused afterwards... Soooooo I'm thinking could buy it, configure it like the above picture then sell all the other bits! Could make it affordable all of a sudden
    ONESIXTHSCALE - News, Reviews and Info from the world of 1/6th
    Latest Review: ACE - Operation Delaware 1968: 1st Cavalry Division

Yes there's the light up LED eye, but have to see what the PERS is like in person. Announced prices beyond what I estimated, certainly can do without the T-1000 prop. Kind of wish they had the chain gun included as well, maybe there's a DX Superset lurking somewhere in the pipeline..! Would be cool to see the mentioned T1 police station version with light up eye, plus to see the T-800 endoskeleton revisited again in 1/6th.

I think really, you're gonna want it in this configuration only :

Because otherwise you're capturing two different points of the film... if you use the other head, the gaping chest wound was caused afterwards... Soooooo I'm thinking could buy it, configure it like the above picture then sell all the other bits! Could make it affordable all of a sudden
    While I can't see myself doing it, you could buy two DX13 and have both versions displayed and on-sell the miscellaneous redundant parts...
    In essence, create a T-800 museum...

>>>

"I need a vacation!"

As do most peoples' wallets!

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zondi View Post
    If this one was released first, less people would want the "pristine" DX10 (since most would have been happy with the MMS version).
    Personally I think both the "pristine" DX10 *and* the BD DX13 are a must have...one to compliment t'other...
    Personally I think one without the other would be a disappointment...

To me it isn't a question of which one...
    It is a question of how can I afford both...

BTW, I wonder why HT didn't think of selling the battle damaged components on their own?
    It would be much cheaper than buying the entire base figure with the BD parts.
    Someone should tell them...

>>>

Hot Toys. Whilst I think this is awesome, you are taking the P1$$! I literally recieve my DX-10 in a few days, and now you announce this on us!!! I would have loved it, but I can't afford both and I think that will be the way for many, those of us who have just bought the DX-10 would have waited and spent more money on this one, but certainly won't buy both of them.

This is the whole point of my previous post really. My sentiments exactly. And probably for a lot of people. To those who have bought DX10, and have SOME funds, how in heck would you pass on this?? If announced together, I'd choose this over DX10 (since I have the MMS version). It's obvious if I didn't have the MMS version I'd get both the DX10 and DX13.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Steiner View Post
    Personally I think both the "pristine" DX10 *and* the BD DX13 are a must have...one to compliment t'other...

Personally I think one without the other would be a disappointment...

>>>
    Oh, definitely. ABSOLUTELY! That is, if you missed out on the MMS version. I for one, could have skipped the DX10 knowing a DX13 is coming so soon. I don't think I'm alone in thinking so.

But hey, at this point, no use for me to argue about it. I'm nuts about Terminator and I'm getting both!
    Last edited by Zondi; 11-16-2012 at 06:04.

YESSSSSS!!!! This is the version I was waiting for!!!!

Must have!!!
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

So nice !!! wonder how much ???
    What's up DOC ???
    Wanna a house call?