One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Hot Toys Sucker Punch: Amber- pics, FULL REVIEW NOW ADDED

Product Review 
6K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  s1ns_1984 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#5 ·
Re: Hot Toys- Sucker Punch: Amber- pics, full review up later today-

yeah sculpt on her could have been better. it doesnt really look like jamie chung and she's more tanned than whatever skintone they have on her. i like the clothing and gear, but she didnt turnn out as nice as babydoll for sure

#7 ·

A. I love the fact that this is a sculpted female face with pores and just as great paintjob as many other modern male sculpts.

B. I hate the fact that she looks pudgy, that the hairdo is too specific and molded.

So, guess I will buy the HS and then break out the tools to give her a new hair. Darn, why can't anything be simple nowadays in this hobby?

#8 ·

Jacket sleeves seem too long and she doesn't come with much gear does she? I thought she might come with another firearm, not sure what she used in the movie being the pilot but they could have found something.

#12 ·

HT have moved up a notch with femfigs recently, I do have to give them that.

I think that she is nicely done. As for face shape and skin tone, that is as much down to photography as it is to sculpting. I thought the War Scarface was pale after seeing Jeff's pics, but, it was fine when I briefly had the figure in hand.

CHEERS!

#16 · (Edited)

Great pics! But I may have to pass... It doesn't look anything like her. She looked too wide-eyed, in my opinion. She's Asian after all. Her irises are too small. If you look at her pics on the web, they are kinda large for her face, making her look a bit cross-eyed up front (that's why she looks great when she looks to her side). Also, her eyebrows are too short; they extend beyond the length of her eyes. They are also too low; there is bit of space (fat) in between the eye and brow for most Chinese/Asian faces. Sorry, I notice these things.... It's a curse, really.

#17 ·

i know there's bound to be, but there is a pretty noticeable amount of discrepancy between the prototype and the final fig. i guess this becomes REALLY obvious when dealing with female prototype eyes/make-up paint apps vs. factory work paint apps.

this is still a great female sculpt though. appreciated to say the least.

#24 ·

Looks a little "flat". Not a terrible figure, but just not terribly exciting either. I was on the fence about buying her, but I don't think I will. I still wish they'd done Rocket or Sweetpea instead of Amber.
:agree
Please...please...please make Sweetpea.

I can't believe they passed on that for this one.

#21 ·

I think the sculpt (open-mouthed expression aside) is good. I think the paint app could have been better. Something about the way they painted the eyes doesn't seem right.

I still like the figure and have no intention of cancelling my preorder.

#25 ·
I think she looks kind of cool...but since I don't have the money to buy her, I am sure some people think my opinion doesn't count...but I can honestly say if I could afford it, I would buy this, although I think the Baby Doll head sculpt is better, I actually like this one costume better.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.