Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: "Capua, Shall III! Begin?!" Theokoles finished daylight pics

"Capua, Shall III! Begin?!" Theokoles finished daylight pics

Theokoles is a huge Greek [Spartan] albino gladiator with deathly pale skin and reddish eyes. His skin is covered with scars; in particular his face, across which there are two deep gashes. He also has a tattoo on one shoulder, which was given to him by a band of pirates he served with for a time.
    Theokoles' albinism accounts for his pale skin, red eyes and photophobia, which allowed Crixus to easily blind him with reflected sunlight.

He fights wearing very little armour and wields two great swords.

Solonius procures the retired Theokoles to outdo Batiatus. He is set to fight against Batiatus' gladiators, Crixus and Spartacus, as only one gladiator would not be enough. Theokoles shows tact in the fight by first letting the two think they have the advantage, eventually falling to the ground after receiving gashes to the chest. As Spartacus and Crixus celebrate his fall, he rises again and resumes the battle. A combined assault proves not enough and Theokoles seriously wounds Crixus. Spartacus, taking advantage of Crixus' shield to propel himself into the air, delivers a fierce strike. Not giving up yet, Crixus grabs a helmet lying nearby and reflects the light into Theokoles' face, blinding him momentarily. Spartacus uses the moment to his advantage, circles behind Theokoles and cripples him to his knees before decapitating him.

(I've done a plain green background as I'm going to try and teach myself how to use the editor tools to superimpose them on arena pics for a background, any help would be greatly appreciated, Cheers)

Last edited by shovelchop81; 02-26-2012 at 13:53.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Re: "Capua, Shall III! Begin?!" Theokoles finished daylight pics

Scary! Great work

feel free to contact me: berndm01@yahoo.de
    my homepage: http://www.onesixthknights.com/

Well worth the wait. Beautifully done, Alex.

Photophobia? Does that mean if he sees a photo he runs up to it, commits violence on it, and ends up on a charge? LOL
    Sorry about that! Didn't want to...

Nice work on your albino monster! Lot of effort put in there, and no mistake.
    Look forward to the shopped version, with a background.

Quote Originally Posted by berndm01 View Post
    Scary! Great work
    Thanks berndm01!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaiagear View Post
    Well worth the wait. Beautifully done, Alex.
    Cheers! Took longer than I thought but was experimenting with some new new techniques and parts so learnt quite a bit, plus I've never built a giant albino monster before!
    Quote Originally Posted by CPE1704TKS View Post
    Photophobia? Does that mean if he sees a photo he runs up to it, commits violence on it, and ends up on a charge? LOL
    Sorry about that! Didn't want to...

Nice work on your albino monster! Lot of effort put in there, and no mistake.
    Look forward to the shopped version, with a background.
    Hehe! Yeah just imagine what he'd do if he saw a picture of himself or a mirror! Thanks for the kind comments CPE!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Seriously? No help at all on an idiot proof Photoshop type program? All I need is to cut with out lassoing/tracing as I have a tremor, keep the cut outs on a transparent skin to check the outline then modify the lighting angles and throw in a bit of contrast/saturation variables etc.. I've used Coral years ago but that was on CAD 3D builds, then Auto CAD. Many years before that I used Illustrator But I've never been taught how to use Photoshop and since I built all my prototypes in the work shop, ie in the real world I've always hated these programs to be honest. Come on some one, help convert me! Please.

Awesome custom, sir! Well done!

For the PS effect, I think you can ask 88Reaper (Simon Langley) for help. Good luck!

Good Photos mate !

Arthur: Knights... Brothers and arms... Your courage has been tested beyond all limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
    Good Photos mate !
    That's kind of you to say but I think they're a bit rubbish so I need to teach myself photoshop tricks etc. Just ordered myself one of these which should help (I hope anyway).