Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CalTek and Timewalker Toys Team Up on WWI Line

Re: CalTek and Timewalker Toys Team Up on WWI Line

Quote Originally Posted by montañes View Post
    I will be waiting the final product offered by TWT/Caltek, looks like they are taking the researching seriously.

I only hope that the HS would be a generic WWI german soldier.

Fingers crossed to see a Chasseurs Alpins n the future.

Jaime.

i only buy DiD/3r and was going to preorder (my first WW1 fig) the DiD WW1 German but i might wait (cos its one or the other) for the Caltek fig too!

both d.i.d. and CalTek/ Time Walker have German WW1 man I love it but can only afford one which company it will be, it will depend on the what he comes with gears wise, quality and if it's worth the money. Now a days spending a $100.00 is no joke.
    Looking forward to the CalTek / Time Walker version

For those fellow WWI enthusiasts, I'd like to share some brief words of encouragement and excitement re: the CalTek/Time Walker Toys German WW1 figure. I was honored and fortunate enough to view a few pictures of the prototype. By first glance, I was taken back by the superb realism and quality of the fabrics used. His uniform (buttons, stitching, etc) is unbelievably realistic due to the quality workmanship that has gone into this project. Compared to the "Other" guys (which I do like), there is clearly a notable difference, at least in the above description. I only viewed a small amount of the gear including the helmet, so I can't comment too much in this area. But I can say that the helmet looks first-class as well.

They expect to have the prototype completely done in within weeks. There are still some modifications they need to make to the prototype which tells me they're taking this project very serious! Hope this has given you something to look forward to, it sure has me!

I have not seen this one yet, but if it is anything like the modern stuff that we are working on it will be a huge hit

Cal-Tek has some of the hardest working most devoted to quality and accuracy designers out there - we are always working hard to put forth a product that you will all enjoy
    KOTM Co-Winner November 2006 ( w/gaiagear ) Co-Winner December 2006 ( w/Bfett ) Winner January 2007

Thumbs up Re: CalTek and Timewalker Toys Team Up on WWI Line

We're getting closer folks! We're down to fine tuning. Here's a little something to tide you over...

Steven Allen

Timewalker Toys & Collectibles in collaboration with CalTek on the First World War in One-Sixth

New Release Link: CalTek and Timewalker Toys Team Up on WWI Line

"Research Makes it Right!" Please support Timewalker Toys & Collectibles on this project. Your support means we can fund future research and conceptual designs based on the First World War.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CalTek and Timewalker Toys Team Up on WWI Line-another-sneak-peek-jpg  
    Last edited by Timewalker1; 03-29-2012 at 01:57. Reason: bad link

Looks good!
    Thanks Steven
    "Tout ce qui n'existe pas fais-le! If it doesn't exist, make it ! "
    Member of Toccoaconcept
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tocco...t/126896266993

No doubt, you are doing what we want to get.

Congrats !

Jaime.

Oh man, that is awesome...

Well done Steven
    KOTM Co-Winner November 2006 ( w/gaiagear ) Co-Winner December 2006 ( w/Bfett ) Winner January 2007

Very promising indeed !

yup knew it I was buying both.

Wow, nice looking helmet. I'm so getting this one.
    you were comrades true and indivisible

wool looking coat looks accurate

ya this is gettin creepy good! great job cal-tek

Great job I like the fabric wool. Great work Caltek worth the wait.

I'll be waiting for this set. I just hope and pray that the quality is consistent within this line.
    Shake 'N' Bake

Looks like it will be a hi-end piece. Man, i wish one day you'll make anything like Stuka pilot with such details and accuracy...
    Meine Ehre heißt Treue

I know there were at least a couple of errors noted with the DiD release via the preview images, namely the wrong tunic butttons and wrong sew/construction details on the boots. It appears that the TWT/CT is showing the correct buttons so I'm hopeful the boots will be correct as well. If so, that would be a huge reason for buying the TWT/CT offering if one can only afford to purchase one or the other.
    Michigan Dawg

"American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God." - me

I keep seeing you guys post about the correct color and material of the tunic, coat...
    Here can I find these pictures? I can't find it over Caltek's facebook either. Can some one please post those pictures for easy viewing, thanks in advance.
    Knowing that it has some inaccuracy issues, I did not order the DID one, still waiting for more information on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Dawg View Post
    I know there were at least a couple of errors noted with the DiD release via the preview images, namely the wrong tunic butttons and wrong sew/construction details on the boots. It appears that the TWT/CT is showing the correct buttons so I'm hopeful the boots will be correct as well. If so, that would be a huge reason for buying the TWT/CT offering if one can only afford to purchase one or the other.

Hello Michigan Dawg! It is good to hear from you.

When we proposed the WWI project to CalTek, we argued for the importance of physically examining period artifacts. The Timewalker team is fortunate to have access to number of collections that we can photograph and measure. This is an enormously time consuming process , but it means that the manufacturer has the best possible research material available to translate the First World War into one-sixth. Yes, we also rely on some fantastic reference literature, but we are, in fact, producing our own original reference material, "The Visual Guild to World War One", as the project moves along. Our August 1914 Imperial German Infantryman is the result of nearly 700 photographs of WWI militaria and hundreds of hours of research and conceptual design, coupled with some of the best one-sixth tailors, leather workers and sculptors in the business.

With this is mind, you asked about the boots for our German Infantryman. Ask, and ye shall receive...

You will notice in the images below the all leather construction of the boot, with stitching up both sides of the boot shaft. You also notice the rear shaft panel overlaps the front shaft panel in exactly the same way period boots were constructed. The only thing I've asked the manufacturer to do is make the boot in a more medium brown color, rather than the dark brown see here (one of the perils of reproducing 100 year of artifacts too precisely).

Enjoy....

Steven Allen

Timewalker Toys & Collectibles in collaboration with CalTek on the First World War in One-Sixth

Press Release Link: CalTek and Timewalker Toys Team Up on WWI Line

"Research Makes it Right!" Please support Timewalker Toys & Collectibles on this project. Your support means we can fund future research and conceptual designs based on the First World War.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonclaws View Post
    I keep seeing you guys post about the correct color and material of the tunic, coat...
    Here can I find these pictures? I can't find it over Caltek's facebook either. Can some one please post those pictures for easy viewing, thanks in advance.
    Knowing that it has some inaccuracy issues, I did not order the DID one, still waiting for more information on this one.

We are releasing images very sparingly, and images will not be on CalTek's site until the prototype is completely finished. Here is a slightly modified re-posting of our second teaser poster. Please note, this is an early image of the prototype helmet, so the text has not be place on the eagle's scroll yet, but it gives you a very good idea of the direction we are taking the line... Also notice the crowned and rimmed buttons....I am especially happy with these.

Enjoy....

Steven Allen

Last edited by Timewalker1; 04-07-2012 at 21:58. Reason: spelling error

Steven, thanks for the image of the proposed boots. It's looking like your new figure has got the potential to significantly raise the bar for accuracy and attention to detail.

Really looking forward to seeing the release of this figure.

One more question if I may. You may not have determined the final price point for the figure yet but would you say that the price will at least be approximately competitive with the DiD figure?

Thanks again and congrats on seeing your figure become reality.
    Michigan Dawg

"American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God." - me

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Dawg View Post
    One more question if I may. You may not have determined the final price point for the figure yet but would you say that the price will at least be approximately competitive with the DiD figure? .
    MD,

I'm afraid CalTek doesn't even know the final price yet, but it will be as competitive as possible considering the quality and number of items that will come with this figure. I know that is a diplomatic answer, but it is the best I can do at the moment .

Best Regards,

Steven Allen

Last edited by Timewalker1; 04-08-2012 at 00:22. Reason: error

I look forward to the full picture release to know how much I'll be happy to lose to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonclaws View Post
    Use the power of the net bro.all the info is there..

basx is offline prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian

Steve,

Congrats and you got my attention when you mentioned that that you help out with the research at Verlag Militaria. When I first came across a review of the Emperor's coat, I've been lusting after that book (and others since then)

I regard Verlag as the very best for WW I reference books, followed by Schiffer.

Osprey is very helpful as the starter edition since many of us can't afford to get all of the Verlag I found Osprey's War in the Balkans, and few other WW I titles very helpful to inspire in that time period.

Anyways, I'll probably pick up a figure and I look forward to an Austrian Hungarian infantryman

And please think about carded accessories

xavier

RESEaRCH MAKES IT RIGHT- really you did it. Looking forward to get your figure some day!

feel free to contact me: berndm01@yahoo.de
    my homepage: http://www.onesixthknights.com/

I would like to start with thanking you and the people you work with for this upcoming beauty.

I am really pleased to see a 1:6 company taking historical accuracy to a new level. The effort DiD made with Albert and Max is good in the way to put WWI back in the picture but the necessary details of their releases are lacking.

The Pickelhaube for example:

This comparison image does the talking.

The shape of DiD's Pickelhaube is good but that's the only positive thing i can mention. Their Pickelhaube is perfect for when you decide to use a cover on it, putting a cover on Cal-tek's Pickelhaube would be a shame.

The Imperial crown on the tunic's buttons are small details but details like that really make the figure.

I can not wait to see the end result of all the hard work you guys put into this project.
    My dream of an accurate German Imperial figure becomes almost reality and the waiting makes me go nuts but as the saying goes:"Patience is a virtue".

Two questions:
    - Would you consider adding a Grabendolch(trench knife) to the figure?
    - The Pickelhaube seems to be made of plastic, will the actual one also be made from plastic or from real leather?

Quote Originally Posted by basx View Post
    Steve,

Congrats and you got my attention when you mentioned that that you help out with the research at Verlag Militaria. When I first came across a review of the Emperor's coat, I've been lusting after that book (and others since then)

I regard Verlag as the very best for WW I reference books, followed by Schiffer.

Osprey is very helpful as the starter edition since many of us can't afford to get all of the Verlag I found Osprey's War in the Balkans, and few other WW I titles very helpful to inspire in that time period.

Anyways, I'll probably pick up a figure and I look forward to an Austrian Hungarian infantryman

And please think about carded accessories

xavier

Hello Xavier,

Yes, we will think about carded accessories, but we've got to get the line established first and we've got a lot of work ahead of us.

You are absolutely right about Verlag Militaria books. It doesn't get any better. Schiffer is a close second. By the way, I spoke to Stefan Rest, the founder and General Editor of Verlag Militaria, at the SOS Militaria Show in February. He said there are plenty of new WWI reference books coming down the pike!

Steven Allen

Quote Originally Posted by berndm01 View Post
    RESEaRCH MAKES IT RIGHT- really you did it. Looking forward to get your figure some day!

Thanks for your support Berndm01!

Steven

Timewalker Toys & Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by berndm01 View Post
    +1