One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Maria from Metropolis (FINALLY ENDED!!)

Female Figures 
34K views 104 replies 55 participants last post by  pukingdog 
#1 · (Edited)
FINAL MODEL

MORE PHOTOS AT THE END OF THE POST

Hi everyone, I am new in this forum so I will like to share this project i will begin (as a therapy of stress).

It is about Maria character from the film of 1927 of Fritz Lang.

I will try to recreate her using as a base a sideshow "buffy" body from sideshow, this is how i got her from ebay:

and will ltry to transform it into this:

I am using bi component resin.
In the next days i will show some advance.
See you soon :thumb!!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Re: Maria from Metropolis (custom figure)

Great project! Good Luck!

I`ve considered doing a kitbash of Maria from Metropolis, but I thought it would be too much work, so I didn't bother!

Looking forward to see yours!

:thumb

#15 ·

Hi, Wow, great expectations, jejeje, thanks to all for your comments.
Well, lets start, i had to take off the head from the doll using a hair dryer for about 1 minute.

There is something funny in maria´s head, it fits the face of the actress Brigitte Helm, and as you know she has a long head structure and my "buffy" model not, so the eyes won't match when the mask be removed.

I wanted to create a close similitude from the doll's face to the image when the actress is taking a rest from filming, so i sculpted again the front hair from the same plastic:

And i used a separated head image at 1/6 as a reference, there are the lines marked to follow:

Something funny in those images are that there are no eyebrows (as the commercial models mark...i couldn't find any image that showed me an eyebrow, it seems that there are only curves.

#16 ·

Hi, well i have to tell that i started the head and i couldn't take photos since the begging because i had only about 20 min to model until it be no possible, in the next image are three sessions:

you can see the inner face of the original model

Maria is to shiny and resin doesn't, so the front photo doesn't show too much shadows, it have to receive the light from top:

I will add the ears and refine the shape of the top head, and see the mouth proportion before sanding.

i need to see a lot of images and the movie, because the ears are not clear to me.
Ok, that is all for now, thank you again for your comments and... see you in the next days.!!!

#21 ·

Looking very impressive, I love that you're making the helmet/mask removable.

#24 ·

Wow some really nice work, from an outstanding film.

Although made in 1927, Lang really captured the differences in classes, which sadly are still prevalent today. The working and middle classes work all hours to get by, whilst the rich sponge off their hard efforts.

#25 ·

i forgot to add this new references, it shows the eyebrow and the ears:

(do i am the only one who thinks that the robot from the film changes a lot because of where the light is located?)

thanks for your comments, ... see you in the next days.!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.